҉  Official Popular/Unpopular Kpop Opinions Thread ҉ 

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Yoongi_thec4t

Kpop Amateur
Credits
honestly, i don't mind non-koreans and/or non-asians being k-pop idols. as long as they actually train, know at least the basics in korean, and respect korea and its culture, i find no problem. i mean im pretty sure most koreans don't care about this kinda stuff unlike many international stans who criticize (or just give blatant hate) to idols who are not korean/asian. it's understandable wanting k-pop idols to only be korean, i mean the industry is literally based in south korea, but well k-pop is inspired by a lot of other cultures and stuff, why can't an international person become a k-pop idol if they actually work hard for it to happen? it's alright if you disagree with my point of view in this matter, but it is NOT alright to BULLY and send DEATH THREATS to the people who are just trying to have a career in a music genre they like. if you really don't like the non-koreans/asians in k-pop then just don't listen to their music or pay any attention to them. it's as simple as that.

i hope you guys can understand what i wrote, im not good at expressing my opinions like this well haha, also this is not directed towards anyone specific! : )
Right!! And a lot of foreigners dream of being idols and I’m sure some of them have potential!!

Lysaa

‘Go Habs Go’
Website
hurricanetort.carrd.co
Credits
Happy Sun
Mikasa Ackerman
Lizzie Hearts
Kokomi Teruhashi
BTS's music went drastically downhill after Fake Love. There are some good songs, but once they started getting huge in the US, it's like they gave up. They produce typical pop-ish music that lacks originality.
Their new music sounds like something you’d dance to during music class in the 2nd grade tbh. I over listened and now it’s not like it used to be anymore.

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
I hate the term "Americanized" because kpop has always been like that. Kpop is heavily based off black culture it has always been. It's kinda weird some kpop stans want to preserve the "Asianess" of their idols it's a little fetishizing and tokenizing.

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
GWSN need a HIT my girls need to get on the map. As soon as Anne finishes her acting activities, GWSN needs a comeback.

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
I hate the term "Americanized" because kpop has always been like that. Kpop is heavily based off black culture it has always been. It's kinda weird some kpop stans want to preserve the "Asianess" of their idols it's a little fetishizing and tokenizing.
Uhh?? Where did you hear it's heavily based off of black culture, because it's not?

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Uhh?? Where did you hear it's heavily based off of black culture, because it's not?
I’m not black myself but I have heard a very large amount of black kpop stans say that kpop is in fact heavily based off black music - in particular rap.

But if I’m wrong, I’d really love to be educated more :)

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
Lee Sooman said it himself?? Kpop idols even admit it
Sorry, let me ask a follow-up question. when you say kpop, do you mean the songs/music, or the looks, or, like, what do you mean? Because I am most definitely white, and I do not know and I don't want to assume things! Sorry if that first response sounded rude.

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
Sorry, let me ask a follow-up question. when you say kpop, do you mean the songs/music, or the looks, or, like, what do you mean? Because I am most definitely white, and I do not know and I don't want to assume things! Sorry if that first response sounded rude.
To answer that question, you've got to understand what black culture is and what is means. To put it simply, everything. A lot of music genres were invented by black people and kpop idols culturally appropriate from black people all the time. I'm black and people ask me stuff like this all the time and it's okay to ask. Since I'm only one person though I do recommend doing some research because kpop and black culture has a lonngg history. It's okay I just hate when people try to tell me that kpop isn't based off black culture because the people who invented kpop said it themselves. The people who popularized it had many hits that were Rap, RnB, Rock, and Jazz based. Those genres were invented by black people during slavery and even after to express their emotions in a creative and beautiful way. They even put trendy dances in their choreography and most, if not, all popular dances were made by black creators and popularized by white, more "attractive" and more "marketable" creators.

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
To answer that question, you've got to understand what black culture is and what is means. To put it simply, everything. A lot of music genres were invented by black people and kpop idols culturally appropriate from black people all the time. I'm black and people ask me stuff like this all the time and it's okay to ask. Since I'm only one person though I do recommend doing some research because kpop and black culture has a lonngg history. It's okay I just hate when people try to tell me that kpop isn't based off black culture because the people who invented kpop said it themselves. The people who popularized it had many hits that were Rap, RnB, Rock, and Jazz based. Those genres were invented by black people during slavery and even after to express their emotions in a creative and beautiful way. They even put trendy dances in their choreography and most, if not, all popular dances were made by black creators and popularized by white, more "attractive" and more "marketable" creators.
I see. To be honest, I'm going to add to your statement: Kpop is based off of marginalised cultures. I've seen Southeast Asia appropriated before, but, I am not Southeast Asian, so I cannot speak for them. To be honest, I think they've taken from different cultures before without bothering to celebrate it.

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
I see. To be honest, I'm going to add to your statement: Kpop is based off of marginalised cultures. I've seen Southeast Asia appropriated before, but, I am not Southeast Asian, so I cannot speak for them. To be honest, I think they've taken from different cultures before without bothering to celebrate it.
Yes exactly. I can only speak for black culture but yes that's be general idea

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the sound to a lot of aespa songs, and because I don't speak Korean, it's not really that large of an issue

But right now I'm finding it very hard to take aespa seriously as a group. Yes, most groups have very cliché lyrics to their songs, love, loving yourself, breaking up, sex, yet most of these songs are still deep, and contain messages that at least one person listening to them can relate to. They share ideas that the song writer/singer has thought of with their fans, and it creates a bond.

Aespa are not the only group who have a lore concept, I know that, yet most groups that do have a lore do it very creatively, and in a way it doesn't interfer with what you're experiencing unless you seek it. My main example of this is I can think of is LOONA. Their older music did contain very slight instances of references to lore, which unless you payed attention to it, you wouldn't know it was there.

With aespa however, SM shoves their lore down your throat. It's different, but not a different I'm really enjoying. And like I said, I'm not Korean so it's not really a huge problem, but I'm really struggling to take some of their songs seriously, knowing they're singing about virtual characters, made up universes and "naevis". I mean, the entire bridge of Savage sounds like some sort of cult worshipping of this naevis character. And I simply cannot listen to it knowing that without either laughing or cringing

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
I mean, the entire bridge of Savage sounds like some sort of cult worshipping of this naevis character. And I simply cannot listen to it knowing that without either laughing or cringing
yeah, the bridge of savage doesn't really fit, and it's very odd