҉  Official Popular/Unpopular Kpop Opinions Thread ҉ 

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
idols that speak more than one language, esp english, are funnier. maybe it's because english is my native language, but i don't think so, because i still think that they're genuinely funnier even when speaking in korean. for example, bm (kard), han (skz), alexa (solo), jessi (solo), johnny (nct), felix (skz), jimin (ex 15&, soloist), peniel (btob). they're all hilarious, and they all speak fluent english.

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
idols that speak more than one language, esp english, are funnier. maybe it's because english is my native language, but i don't think so, because i still think that they're genuinely funnier even when speaking in korean. for example, bm (kard), han (skz), alexa (solo), jessi (solo), johnny (nct), felix (skz), jimin (ex 15&, soloist), peniel (btob). they're all hilarious, and they all speak fluent english.
i like when foreigners pull the "oh i don't speak good korean" to get out of doing something, it's the funniest thing
"uhh... korean... no... speak"
i remember when chenle said his korean wasn't good to get out of explaining nct 2018 on weekly idol lol

shotaroloml

Kpop Fan
Website
05252008.carrd.co
Credits
i only have like 2

when it comes out an idol has done something wrong, side with victims first until idols are proven innocent. it doesn't matter if it's your fav idol, it doesn't matter if "they wouldn't do something like that!!" – if they truly didn't do anything wrong, they will be able to prove that with or without company help. especially if they have been suspected/called out for the same thing multiple times.

and it's okay if someone doesn't like an idol who has been suspected of doing and/or has done/said something that person is against. especially if theyre in a group. it's not "solo stanning" just because an idol broke a stans morals and they dont wanna associate with that member but still feel connected to the other members. people need to put morals first. it's okay to be ot__ if a member of the group you love did something wrong. you're able to still love that group and not like that member. i'm tired of seeing people complain bc someone doesn't stan all of the members. it's okay.

k-dramas need to stop making non-koreans look stupid when they speak korean. i noticed this with squid game, they make ali seem clueless and like he doesn't understand, only speaking formally (a stereotype), but i see it in all k-dramas. that or they make them look stupid. and i see it mostly for nonkorean asians or black people. it's so like ??? i get if, for the actual storyline, they don't understand well, but if it doesn't affect the story why make it like that 😭

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
i like when foreigners pull the "oh i don't speak good korean" to get out of doing something, it's the funniest thing
"uhh... korean... no... speak"
i remember when chenle said his korean wasn't good to get out of explaining nct 2018 on weekly idol lol
yes, that is the best!

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
Same, Im gonna look up the producers and composers of that song cuz I know dang well they could've did better than that.
the one guy that worked on it, yoo youngjin, also worked on psycho, be natural (ses), regular, obsession, monster (irene and seulgi), forever, next level, and ring ding dong, so yeah, idk wth happened with sticker.

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
the one guy that worked on it, yoo youngjin, also worked on psycho, be natural (ses), regular, obsession, monster (irene and seulgi), forever, next level, and ring ding dong, so yeah, idk wth happened with sticker.
im sorry he helped make all of those iconic songs and yet helped create this travesty/trainwreck?
edit: HE EVEN DID SORRY SORRY AND PERFECT MAN AND WARRIOR'S DESCENDANT AND GENIE AND BAD BOY AND GO AND BLACK MAMBA AND HEAVEN AND YET THIS TRAINWRECK-

wonsta

Band Manager
Credits
✧ Baekgyeul Bbobbipo ✧
Flower Bouquet
Squidward Tentacles
✧ Monsta X Hyungwon ✧
Kpop idols swearing in their songs should be normalized

I personally don't like to swear, but when I heard the F word in TXT's Loser=Lover, I almost cried because It was so beautiful.

Shaewol

Kpop Groupie
Website
typaluv.uwu.ai
Credits
Ken
Hendery
Dean
k-dramas need to stop making non-koreans look stupid when they speak korean. i noticed this with squid game, they make ali seem clueless and like he doesn't understand, only speaking formally (a stereotype), but i see it in all k-dramas. that or they make them look stupid. and i see it mostly for nonkorean asians or black people. it's so like ??? i get if, for the actual storyline, they don't understand well, but if it doesn't affect the story why make it like that 😭
I 100% agree with this, like there is always a misunderstanding due to them being not fully of the korean race and I am always like.........that took 2 seconds to explain and did nothing to the original plot of the drama why.............can we just assume that maybe they know how to speak it and if they have studied/lived there long enough to understand the language as well as Ali or anyone else did that maybe they would grasp the mannerisms by now???

ALSO I MUST ADD CAN THEY STOP CASTING AMERICANS WHO CAN'T ACT???? God It started in "I am not a robot" and stays true until Squid game the english actors they cast just CAN NOT ACT
The amount of times I held back from screaming at 3am due to how annoyed I was at their acting is actually absurd????? It feels like they find them outside a restaurant and ask if they are American and then offer them a role I really don't get it. For squid game there is no excuse it was netflix YOU CAN GET SOME GOOD ENGLISH ACTORS

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Kpop idols swearing in their songs should be normalized

I personally don't like to swear, but when I heard the F word in TXT's Loser=Lover, I almost cried because It was so beautiful.
I have no issue with swearing myself (as long as it’s used for expression and not for being mean to people), and I wish idols were allowed more free speech when it came to expressing themselves than having to maintain this perfect and pure image

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
1. "Vanilla" by Lightsum is very, well, vanilla and pretty mediocre. Its good, but there's nothing special about it. It's typical cute gg song.

2. The remix of "Best Friend" by Doja Cat and Saweetie featuring Chanmina and Jamie is a bop, and very underrated/underappreciated. I never hear anybody talk about it, but it's so good!

3. Ningning has a very colorful, unique voice, and its very pleasant to listen to (the most pleasant out of Aespa).

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
1. "Vanilla" by Lightsum is very, well, vanilla and pretty mediocre. Its good, but there's nothing special about it. It's typical cute gg song.

2. The remix of "Best Friend" by Doja Cat and Saweetie featuring Chanmina and Jamie is a bop, and very underrated/underappreciated. I never hear anybody talk about it, but it's so good!

3. Ningning has a very colorful, unique voice, and its very pleasant to listen to (the most pleasant out of Aespa).
omg i love ningning's voice. It's almost like, husky with a slight melodic rasp to it. Her voice is so pretty and I think I also like it the most.

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
1. "Get Cool" is Stray Kids's best song. It's so wholesome and sweet, and very well put together. From the background vocals to the lyrics to the melody, it's just perfection.

2. "After School" is the female "Love Scenario." It's not that they're actually similar, it's just that they're both fairly simple songs, but also very addictive and well loved. "After School" deserves the same popularity as "Love Scenario," and it's gonna be one of those songs people look back on very nostalgically.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Idky everyone hates on ballad songs.
I love ballads so much.
Obviously for a certain mood/time of day BUT THEYRE SO MAGICAL AND CALMING AND THEY SOUND LIKE CRYSTALS OR FLOWERS I LOVE IT SO MUCH

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
I don't like rappers who rap with an overly high, nasally tone. This mostly applies to main rappers at Cube, bcuz they all do this. The nasal is too much, esp when they play it up (ex: Hyuna, Soyeon (G)I-DLE), Yeeun (CLC)). It sounds best when they rap with a deep/deeper voice (ex: Dami (Dreamcatcher), Gahyeon (Dreamcatcher), Jennie (Blackpink)). But Soojin (ex. (G)I-DLE) has the most unique rapping style I've ever heard, hands down.

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
I don't like rappers who rap with an overly high, nasally tone. This mostly applies to main rappers at Cube, bcuz they all do this. The nasal is too much, esp when they play it up (ex: Hyuna, Soyeon (G)I-DLE), Yeeun (CLC)). It sounds best when they rap with a deep/deeper voice (ex: Dami (Dreamcatcher), Gahyeon (Dreamcatcher), Jennie (Blackpink)). But Soojin (ex. (G)I-DLE) has the most unique rapping style I've ever heard, hands down.
I love LE's style though. I heard that they all have that tone because LE used to be a rapping trainer at Cube, and that's why they sund like that. I do know that for the short time Hyuna was in Wonder Girls, her voice was deeper.