҉  Official Popular/Unpopular Kpop Opinions Thread ҉ 

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
Can JYP ever give TWICE a break ? I feel like they overwork them way too much.
and on the other hand blackpink stans are thirsty because we get like, one comeback a year.
There needs to be good balance, like with... Red Velvet? I feel like they have pretty good consistency

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
1. Unless your culture is the one being appropriated, you have no right to say whether it's right or wrong. Most of the time, the people crying "appropriation!" are not of the culture being appropriated.

2. A lot of idols aren't racist, as so many love to claim. They're just ignorant. And ignorance should not be punished, the ignorant should not be made to feel ashamed for it. They should be educated. After they're educated, if they continue, well, form your own opinion, but that completely changes things.

3. Idols don't owe you an apology. Stop expecting one every time they do something that offends you.

4. I don't like Jay Park, as a person or a musician. He gives me very creepy vibes, and I dislike his music. Every song I've ever heard from is about s*x, which I find very unoriginal and not creative.

5. Dreamcatcher has the best b-sides, as well as the best gg discography.

6. Red Velvet don't have the best vocals, nor are they all "main vocalist material." Irene and Yeri are average singers, and Joy is good, but she isn't great. Seulgi is very good, but only a little above-average for a kpop main vocalist. Wendy is an amazing singer, but people do tend to overhype her vocals, and I don't really think she has a lot of "flavor" to her voice.

7. Kpop is not worth losing sleep over. Sleep is a vital part of a healthy lifestyle, and no group or artist - kpop or otherwise - is worth your health. Staying up excessively late just to be "on time" for a comeback, or to hear it as soon as it comes out is ridiculous. Get to it when you have time. I'll admit, when "Lalisa" dropped, I stayed up for it because it released at 11, and I was already going to be up, as I had just gotten off work and still needed a shower. But beyond that, I don't stay up for comebacks. I find it silly. And on that note, you do not have to listen to every song a group releases to be a "real stan." Life gets in the way sometimes, and sometimes you just aren't interested, and both are okay. Don't pressure yourself to listen to and like every song.

shotaroloml

Kpop Fan
Website
05252008.carrd.co
Credits
i only have like 2

when it comes out an idol has done something wrong, side with victims first until idols are proven innocent. it doesn't matter if it's your fav idol, it doesn't matter if "they wouldn't do something like that!!" – if they truly didn't do anything wrong, they will be able to prove that with or without company help. especially if they have been suspected/called out for the same thing multiple times.

and it's okay if someone doesn't like an idol who has been suspected of doing and/or has done/said something that person is against. especially if theyre in a group. it's not "solo stanning" just because an idol broke a stans morals and they dont wanna associate with that member but still feel connected to the other members. people need to put morals first. it's okay to be ot__ if a member of the group you love did something wrong. you're able to still love that group and not like that member. i'm tired of seeing people complain bc someone doesn't stan all of the members. it's okay.

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
i only have like 2

when it comes out an idol has done something wrong, side with victims first until idols are proven innocent. it doesn't matter if it's your fav idol, it doesn't matter if "they wouldn't do something like that!!" – if they truly didn't do anything wrong, they will be able to prove that with or without company help. especially if they have been suspected/called out for the same thing multiple times.

and it's okay if someone doesn't like an idol who has been suspected of doing and/or has done/said something that person is against. especially if theyre in a group. it's not "solo stanning" just because an idol broke a stans morals and they dont wanna associate with that member but still feel connected to the other members. people need to put morals first. it's okay to be ot__ if a member of the group you love did something wrong. you're able to still love that group and not like that member. i'm tired of seeing people complain bc someone doesn't stan all of the members. it's okay.
I agree with the first one unless the situation is fishy/suspicious, then I just don't pick sides. like with kris wu at first the situation was kind of like: ehhh... because the proof was weird. but i don't like go bash the alleged victims, i mostly just watch what's happening and wait to see what the truth is /g

shotaroloml

Kpop Fan
Website
05252008.carrd.co
Credits
I agree with the first one unless the situation is fishy/suspicious, then I just don't pick sides. like with kris wu at first the situation was kind of like: ehhh... because the proof was weird. but i don't like go bash the alleged victims, i mostly just watch what's happening and wait to see what the truth is /g
i understand, but i always side w victims first. i agree the proof was kinda odd and how the 1st person to come out like, knew how many other victims there are but yk 🏃 idrk, i just wait for all the evidence of each sides to pile up and see what idol says, their company, the victim, and/or the law (depends on if its illegal, in kris' case it is very much illegal)

MammonHeartu

Kpop Stan
Website
miloisgaytrash.carrd.co
Credits
Cinnamoroll
Pansexual
Transgender
  • I agree with this user, but I would like to add something. We don't know idols personally or any of the sorts only their social media persona. So whenever those types of fans go, "No they wouldn't do that, I know them, there's no way they would do this!" This is what urkes me. We do not know idols, just because we watch them online and read their bios.
  • Just because you're a fan of a group doesn't mean you HAVE to like everything they release. This is me rn telling new fans with sticker, and I was once like this when I was a new fan of Monsta X and they released Alligator.
  • BTS has become a victim of Americanization. I used to be a fan of BTS, but after they released Dynamite and all these other songs in English. Nothing has screamed BTS anymore, its like they're actually becoming the wannabe Korean One Direction. BTS has many songs with an amazing concept and with deep meanings or that are actually meaningful. The reason most fans became fans was for those reasons. I would expand on this, but I'm currently at school :/
  • Kpop idols should not come to the US for awards and such. It all went downhill when BTS first came here for the BBMA's to perform DNA. Once more groups came there were constant clout chasers, people trying to start fan wars, and the annoying interviewers comparing every group that comes to BTS.
  • Kpop Twitter is toxic as hell
  • If the fans weren't so damn toxic idols would actually be way more active on social media than they are now
  • I have mixed feelings about Wendy from Red Velvet. Past scandals she's been in from being racist to black people
  • If you aren't in the culture shut up getting onto idols that have done something. Let the people from the minority groups speaker for once.
  • That big surge of bullying scandals was sus as hell

MammonHeartu

Kpop Stan
Website
miloisgaytrash.carrd.co
Credits
Cinnamoroll
Pansexual
Transgender
Same, I usually well always just sit everything all out and wait for the legal teams and such to do their work and wait for more solid proof.

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
  • I agree with this user, but I would like to add something. We don't know idols personally or any of the sorts only their social media persona. So whenever those types of fans go, "No they wouldn't do that, I know them, there's no way they would do this!" This is what urkes me. We do not know idols, just because we watch them online and read their bios.
  • Just because you're a fan of a group doesn't mean you HAVE to like everything they release. This is me rn telling new fans with sticker, and I was once like this when I was a new fan of Monsta X and they released Alligator.
  • BTS has become a victim of Americanization. I used to be a fan of BTS, but after they released Dynamite and all these other songs in English. Nothing has screamed BTS anymore, its like they're actually becoming the wannabe Korean One Direction. BTS has many songs with an amazing concept and with deep meanings or that are actually meaningful. The reason most fans became fans was for those reasons. I would expand on this, but I'm currently at school :/
  • Kpop idols should not come to the US for awards and such. It all went downhill when BTS first came here for the BBMA's to perform DNA. Once more groups came there were constant clout chasers, people trying to start fan wars, and the annoying interviewers comparing every group that comes to BTS.
  • Kpop Twitter is toxic as hell
  • If the fans weren't so damn toxic idols would actually be way more active on social media than they are now
  • I have mixed feelings about Wendy from Red Velvet. Past scandals she's been in from being racist to black people
  • If you aren't in the culture shut up getting onto idols that have done something. Let the people from the minority groups speaker for once.
  • That big surge of bullying scandals was sus as hell
okay that last one though, agreed. it was weird, because there were like 6 in one day and it felt like someone was pulling the strings

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
(not unpopular, kind of a prediction, but...) kicking soojin out was one of the worst decisions that cube ever made, and they're going to regret it. same for hyuna and dawn.

🎀♡RYU♡🎀

🤪‼️ᗩYE ᗪOᗰIᑎO‼️🤪
Staff member
Credits
✧ Atsushi Sakurai ✧
Kakucho
Imaushi Wakasa
Madarame Shion
BTS didn’t pave the way as most Army’s like to say.
I still stand by this. BTS didn’t pave the way, & Army’s who believe that are delulu in my opinion & no, I won’t take any other answer into consideration because there were Kpop groups before BTS, so if we want to get technical about it, H.O.T & Shinhwa paved the way 🤷‍♀️

Stays have become so problematic & toxic, especially on Twitter, they’re always fighting with other groups/fandoms & for what? What is the reason?

Everglow is becoming “Mia & friends”, iykyk

Now, this one, I saw floating around on YouTube, so idk how creditable it is but take it with a grain of salt.

JYP is going to disband Twice, probably next year, to make room for a new girl group & then he will start overworking Itzy, just like he’s doing with Twice rn, & the cycle will repeat itself.

Like I said, I saw that one YouTube so idk how true it is.

MammonHeartu

Kpop Stan
Website
miloisgaytrash.carrd.co
Credits
Cinnamoroll
Pansexual
Transgender
I still stand by this. BTS didn’t pave the way, & Army’s who believe that are delulu in my opinion & no, I won’t take any other answer into consideration because there were Kpop groups before BTS, so if we want to get technical about it, H.O.T & Shinhwa paved the way 🤷‍♀️

Stays have become so problematic & toxic, especially on Twitter, they’re always fighting with other groups/fandoms & for what? What is the reason?

Now, this one, I saw floating around on YouTube, so idk how creditable it is but take it with a grain of salt.

JYP is going to disband Twice, probably next year, to make room for a new girl group & then he will start overworking Itzy, just like he’s doing with Twice rn, & the cycle will repeat itself.

I agree with all of this.

BTS didn't pave the way, they just grew way more overseas and helped some foreigners gain exposure to kpop

The JYP thing, I knew about this and I'm just waiting for the day they disband.

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
itzy's loco isn't that good. it's not bad, i like it, but i'd only give it a 6.5/10. also, the "loco" bothers me. it ought to be "loca," which would fit just as well.

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari

Idk about the Twice one with how popular they are, I feel like the JYP company would lose a lot of money if Twice were to disband.

🎀♡RYU♡🎀

🤪‼️ᗩYE ᗪOᗰIᑎO‼️🤪
Staff member
Credits
✧ Atsushi Sakurai ✧
Kakucho
Imaushi Wakasa
Madarame Shion
Idk about the Twice one with how popular they are, I feel like the JYP company would lose a lot of money if Twice were to disband.
That’s what I was thinking. But I also heard a rumor that someone from Twice got pregnant & JYP forced her to get an abortion, then she went on hiatus from the group for a bit.

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
That’s what I was thinking. But I also heard a rumor that someone from Twice got pregnant & JYP forced her to get an abortion, then she went on hiatus from the group for a bit.
sigh that rumor's been going around for a while. it was jeongyeon they were talking about. im pretty sure that rumor is crap, mental health is a valid reason to go on hiatus. They said she got pregnant because she gained a little bit of weight. OBVIOUSLY SHE WOULD GAIN WEIGHT because not practicing and dancing every day? yeah, you're not going to burn as many calories. common sense. not at you, btw-

🎀♡RYU♡🎀

🤪‼️ᗩYE ᗪOᗰIᑎO‼️🤪
Staff member
Credits
✧ Atsushi Sakurai ✧
Kakucho
Imaushi Wakasa
Madarame Shion
sigh that rumor's been going around for a while. it was jeongyeon they were talking about. im pretty sure that rumor is crap, mental health is a valid reason to go on hiatus. They said she got pregnant because she gained a little bit of weight. OBVIOUSLY SHE WOULD GAIN WEIGHT because not practicing and dancing every day? yeah, you're not going to burn as many calories. common sense. not at you, btw-
Yeah, I thought it was dumb too, cause I figured that’s who they were talking about and I just rolled my eyes