[ Random Thoughts Thread ]

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mashikyukyu

Maknae
Website
www.pinterest.ch
Credits
Dowoon
Seunghun
New
Woong
I think high school is terrible for preparing people how to live in the real world and its scary
how is learning about the mitochondria going to help me with my taxes and bills? like "oh idk how to pay my electricity bill but what matters is that the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell!" mate please-

An Okay Rock

Unreal
Staff member
Website
storyofarock.carrd.co
Credits
Maple Syrup
Heart Cookies
Heart Jewel
Mint Chocolate Ice Cream
how is learning about the mitochondria going to help me with my taxes and bills? like "oh idk how to pay my electricity bill but what matters is that the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell!" mate please-
View attachment 15387
No I think things like the Pythagorean theorem are useful when I need to find out how far away the ladder I had positioned against a light post are definitely useful and like the process of mitosis - man what would I do without knowing that I'm not bitter at all

mashikyukyu

Maknae
Website
www.pinterest.ch
Credits
Dowoon
Seunghun
New
Woong
No I think things like the Pythagorean theorem are useful when I need to find out how far away the ladder I had positioned against a light post are definitely useful and like the process of mitosis - man what would I do without knowing that I'm not bitter at all
oh dear you're right i forgot i need to use the quadratic formula to calculate how fast i have to go on the interstate absolute useless

An Okay Rock

Unreal
Staff member
Website
storyofarock.carrd.co
Credits
Maple Syrup
Heart Cookies
Heart Jewel
Mint Chocolate Ice Cream
oh dear you're right i forgot i need to use the quadratic formula to calculate how fast i have to go on the interstate absolute useless
Like I get some of it is interesting to learn, for some people, but honestly like I would much rather learn how to fill out a resume for like a part-time job - that is a skill I could put to use but then again who doesnt love to learn about parabolas

mashikyukyu

Maknae
Website
www.pinterest.ch
Credits
Dowoon
Seunghun
New
Woong
Like I get some of it is interesting to learn, for some people, but honestly like I would much rather learn how to fill out a resume for like a part-time job - that is a skill I could put to use but then again who doesnt love to learn about parabolas
like yeah learning this stuff helps improve your mind but dang i just love it when the school thinks i should be learning about the industrial revolution instead of how to apply for insurance

An Okay Rock

Unreal
Staff member
Website
storyofarock.carrd.co
Credits
Maple Syrup
Heart Cookies
Heart Jewel
Mint Chocolate Ice Cream
like yeah learning this stuff helps improve your mind but dang i just love it when the school thinks i should be learning about the industrial revolution instead of how to apply for insurance
I appreciate the fact that you agree with me and that you're also passive-aggressively hating on school with me, thank you for that

An Okay Rock

Unreal
Staff member
Website
storyofarock.carrd.co
Credits
Maple Syrup
Heart Cookies
Heart Jewel
Mint Chocolate Ice Cream
True 😔 and the fact that we have to study and revise bits of the content is also stressful and very time consuming, well for me it is.
Honestly it just makes me afraid to think about like having a job, does it get worse, does it get better? Also like to get into a good college you need to meet a lot of requirements and be good at things that dont even matter towards the degree you want and like I hate it

Credits
Y
Seungmin
Jeong Sewoon
Honestly it just makes me afraid to think about like having a job, does it get worse, does it get better? Also like to get into a good college you need to meet a lot of requirements and be good at things that dont even matter towards the degree you want and like I hate it
Honestly same, and that’s why I’m currently so stressed out and experiencing a lot of depression and anxiety just because of this shit. And nowadays, I keep saying that I don’t want to go to school anymore and that I wish I’d just graduate. Going to school and being in there literally makes me so depressed and anxious, it never makes me happy like ever. Yeah like for me I can get into uni after I graduate high school but I don’t want to get into a ‘good’ one, I just want to get into the ones that can accept final exam scores of like 50 or 60 or something.

An Okay Rock

Unreal
Staff member
Website
storyofarock.carrd.co
Credits
Maple Syrup
Heart Cookies
Heart Jewel
Mint Chocolate Ice Cream
Honestly same, and that’s why I’m currently so stressed out and experiencing a lot of depression and anxiety just because of this shit. And nowadays, I keep saying that I don’t want to go to school anymore and that I wish I’d just graduate. Going to school and being in there literally makes me so depressed and anxious, it never makes me happy like ever. Yeah like for me I can get into uni after I graduate high school but I don’t want to get into a ‘good’ one, I just want to get into the ones that can accept final exam scores of like 50 or 60 or something.
Bro same like I'm not sure if it's just something wrong with our generation as a whole or if expectations are being risen but its harder than what other, older, people made it seem like

Credits
Y
Seungmin
Jeong Sewoon
Bro same like I'm not sure if it's just something wrong with our generation as a whole or if expectations are being risen but its harder than what other, older, people made it seem like
And the fact that teachers are expecting us to do well or are really wanting us to do well clearly shows that they don’t care about our mental health and wellbeing at all, they just care so much about grades and they make that as part of theirs and the students priorities like can they not 😑

An Okay Rock

Unreal
Staff member
Website
storyofarock.carrd.co
Credits
Maple Syrup
Heart Cookies
Heart Jewel
Mint Chocolate Ice Cream
And the fact that teachers are expecting us to do well or are really wanting us to do well clearly shows that they don’t care about our mental health and wellbeing at all, they just care so much about grades and they make that as part of theirs and the students priorities like can they not 😑
I think some teachers do care, and they really want us to be well but its just that they have a job to do and if its testing that will get us to succeed then they have to prepare us for it

Credits
Y
Seungmin
Jeong Sewoon
I think some teachers do care, and they really want us to be well but its just that they have a job to do and if its testing that will get us to succeed then they have to prepare us for it
Yes I know that, but I mean even if it’s part of their job well.. Idk I guess lol🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ Maybe it’s because some people including myself don’t wanna meet their expectations like..