My Bizarre Kpop Theories, Observations, and Predictions

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
So these theories and observations range from being way out there to I guess making sense. I'll update whenever I think of a new one. You don't have to comment or anything if you don't want this is kinda just serving as a storage vault for the crackhead kpop questions I have.

1. Lee Know, Wooyoung, and Yeosang left Big Hit Entertainment because they weren't tall enough to be in TXT.
We all know that TXT are all giants compared to most idols, with their tallest member Soobin being 185 cm/6 foot 1 inch, and their shortest Taehyun being 177 cm or 5 foot 10 inches.
Lee Know and Wooyoung are both 172 cm or 5 foot 7 and Yeosang is 173 cm or 5 foot 8.
So did Bighit not want such a big height difference in such a small group?
Did Bighit aim to debut a group on the taller side, in order to attract a different audience?
Or did they all just decide to leave?
I have difficulty believing that they just left, especially with Lee Know's excuse.
He was told that Bighit was not looking to debut a new boy group when he was there as a backup dancer in 2016/2017. At this point I think Bighit would have known that they would be debuting a group in the coming years and Lee Know could have stayed on as a trainee to master his skills.
This is even more confusing as Stray Kids only about a year before TXT and Ateez only a couple of months.
There has to be some personal reason they all left or it could be that my theory is correct (probably not).

2. YG and Pledis Entertainment will not give their artists comebacks unless the members are contributing to the majority of the production.
In the case of YG, it seems ever group has been having pretty consistent combacks, and older groups were as well when they were promoting. iKON, Winner, 2NE1, and Big Bang all contributed to the production of their music and were given consistant comebacks.
A really good example is iKON, Hanbin went into a writing/production frenzy and because of all the content created the group was able to have three comebacks in 2018.
This is why I believe that this is the reason Blackpink has so few comebacks.
Now I'm not shaming the girls for not writing their own music, however I feel like at this point they need to contribute to their music if they want to release anything in 2020.
In terms of Pledis we all know that Seventeen are the self-producing idols, with Woozi producing all of their content with the help of Bumzu and other members, and Hoshi, along with the performance team, choreographing all of their dances.
I believe that without this self production Seventeen would have ended up like Pristin or pre-Produce 101 Nu'est.
Pristin is a really good example of this.
Their debut was like an explosion, getting them lots of attention and praise, and even leading them to win MAMA female rookie of the year. However Pristin pretty much self-destructed after about a year or two of activity.
There is no concrete reason to why Pristin split up, as the members have told conflicting stories, however I think the lack of self-production contributed to it.
*An idol/group does not have to produce their own work to be amazing, it just depends on the company*

3. Kpop leaders tend to be rappers/producers.
I have noticed lately that about 80% of kpop group leaders tend to be a Main/Lead Rapper and they are a producer in the group. Here are some examples:
~RM-BTS (Main Rapper and Producer)
~Hongjoong-ATEEZ (Lead Rapper and Producer)
~S.Coups-Seventeen (Main Rapper)
~Nayoung-IOI (Main Rapper)
~Taeyong-NCT (Main Rapper and Producer)
~Mark-NCT Dream (Main Rapper and Producer)
~Soyeon-(G)i-dle (Main Rapper and Producer)
~Zico-Block B (Main Rapper and Producer)
~JR-Nu'est (Main Rapper)
~2NE1-CL (Main Rapper, Producer)
~Irene-Red Velvet (Main Rapper)
~Sowon-Gfriend (Main Rapper)
~JinJin-Astro (Main Rapper)
~B.I.-iKON (Lead Rapper, Producer)
There are probably tons more but these are the ones that come to mind.
I have no clue if this is just a coincidence or if rappers just have some kind of quality that makes them great leaders?

This is all for now...but there will be more.

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
Ok Part 2:

4. Woojin Left Stray Kids because he broke the dating ban in his contract.
As a Stay hearing about Woojin's departure was incredible surprising and saddening. I think I refreshed the page half a dozen times because it was just so out of the blue.
This is one of the main reasons why I think Woojin left.
If Woojin had left the group due to some type of injury/illness he would have gone on hiatus.
-For example Hwall from The Boyz left around the same time but it was because of a reoccurring ankle injury that he had previously taken a hiatus for.
Woojin also did not limit any of his activities due to a condition like Han did during Levanter promotions due to anxiety and Seungmin due to the flu.
Woojin's activities with Stray Kids were very consistent as well.
They had just finished the promotions for 'Double Knot' where Woojin preformed beautifully, he wasn't holding back at all.
Woojin also seemed to be having a really good time during promotions, on and off stage.
Another thought I had to why Woojin would want to leave is his lack of lines/center/screen time.
the music that Stray Kids releases is very rap and beat/edm heavy, leaving Woojin, the Main Vocalist, with very few times to shine on promotional stages. What made me believe this theory even more was that Seungmin, Han, Bang Chan, Lee Know, and I.N, who all have a lead vocal/vocalist position, would be getting more or the same amount of lines in title tracks.
I thought maybe Woojin left because he got tired of not getting to sing, but I don't think JYP would have allowed this as an excuse to cancel his contract, which is incredibly difficult to do.
Therefore it seems the only reason Woojin got pulled from the group was because he violated something in his contract, which I believe is the dating ban.
*If you didn't know JYP puts a 3 year dating ban in each of his idols contracts so that they can focus on their work*
Another aspect which increased my belief in this theory was that the press release by JYP about Woojin was practically identical to the one about Junhyeok, who was a former member of Day6.
Here is JYP's release about Woojin:
“Woojin, who has been a member of Stray Kids, has left the team and terminated his contract due to personal circumstances. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused many fans.”
And here is the one about Junhyeok:
"Junhyeok, who had been working together with DAY6 until now, has decided to leave the group and his contract for personal reasons,
The reasoning given by JYP is "personal circumstances/reasons" nearly identical.
When Junhyeok later went on the survival show 'The Unit' it was revealed that he had been kicked out of Day6 for dating someone and giving the private info about Day6.
Because of the similarities in this situation and because of the lack of signals/clues before Woojin left I believe that it was because he broke the dating ban.
However I could be completely false and the only people who can really tell us the truth are Woojin and JYP.

5. YG Entertainment is trying to replicate their success.
I think it is well known in the kpop world that YG created Blackpink because he wanted to make a prettier version of 2NE1, that just happened to disband that same year.
There is even proof that Blackpink's song 'Don't Know What To Do' was originally meant for 2NE1.
Even the members have similarities.
CL=Jennie-Both Main Rappers who have a kind of badass concept to them.
Park Bom=Rose-Both Main Vocalists with similar sounding voices.
Minzy=Lisa-Both Main Dancers, Lead Rappers, and Maknas of the group
Dara=Jisoo-both visuals and vocalist who don't get as many lines

I found this recreation of a group even more in iKON and Big Bang.
YG himself has said himself that Jay is the new Taeyang.
Jay=Taeyang-Both Main Vocalist and have a dance position of the group, they are both the shortest members, and their singing voices are incredibly similar.
B.I=G-dragon-They both have a rap position and they are both the main producers of the group.
June=Daesung-The vocal tone is incredibly similar between these two, and the same can be said with T.O.P and June.
DK=Seungri-In no way am I saying that DK did the shit that Seungri does but they both happen to be Main Dancers and vocalist with similar voices tones as well. They are also both in the Maknae line.
I feel like YG does this from a business standpoint. He knows what works (Big Bang and 2NE1) and so he replicates it and improves on it.
This is a really smart business strategy however I feel like it leads the members to lack individuality.

6. Each group has a member who is the prime bullying victim and it makes me sad.
When I first started stanning The Boyz I was looking up New on youtube because I found him interesting and saw him as a potential bias. However I felt really sad to see videos in the results that had titles like '15 Minutes of The Boyz Bullying New" or "The Boyz Showing Their Love for New" that last one is sarcastic.
I feel so bad for these members that are always the ones to get picked on, cause I know it is good natured, but sometimes I wonder if they really feel hurt by it.
I'm also curious if this was a role given by the company to these members, but that is a theory for another time.
There are also different degrees of bullying, I think the most I've seen it happen is with New and Yesung of Super Junior.
Here is my list of who I think if the most bullied in the group:
The Boyz=New
Monsta X=Kihyun
NCT 127=Doyoung
NCT Dream=Jeno
Super Junior=Yesung
EXO=D.O and Tao (my OT12 heart)
BTS=Jimin
Stray Kids=Changbin
Astro=JinJin
Ateez= Seonghwa
Seventeen= Mingyu
Twice=Nayeon
iKON=Jinhwan
Day6=Wonpil
Got7=Mark
WayV=Kun
TXT=Soobin
There's probably more but this is all I can think of at the moment.

that is all for today
stay tuned for more of my weird ass thoughts and theories

stanloona

CEO
Website
caijklm.carrd.co
Credits
Sakuma Ritsu
LOONA
Orbit Crown
The reason why Hyunjin, Haseul, Yeojin, and Vivi dont get as much lines in loona songs it not because of their talent but because of popularity. Heejin, Kimlip, Jinsoul, Yves, Chuu, Olivia Hye they all get more lines and they seem to be IT girls in the group due to recognition of their solo songs. It seems like OEC and YYXY have more hype than 1/3 which is why they have more lines since they have more people wanting to hear them. Heejin has more lines because shes first girl and she worked hard so its a deserve. I cant explain Go Won since shes popular but not as popular as others but she doesnt really get lines. But i think is because of her voice. And Choerry gets some lines but i feel like shes been less appreciated since she used to be the groups happy virus before Chuu was released so people kinda forgot about her.

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
The reason why Hyunjin, Haseul, Yeojin, and Vivi dont get as much lines in loona songs it not because of their talent but because of popularity. Heejin, Kimlip, Jinsoul, Yves, Chuu, Olivia Hye they all get more lines and they seem to be IT girls in the group due to recognition of their solo songs. It seems like OEC and YYXY have more hype than 1/3 which is why they have more lines since they have more people wanting to hear them. Heejin has more lines because shes first girl and she worked hard so its a deserve. I cant explain Go Won since shes popular but not as popular as others but she doesnt really get lines. But i think is because of her voice. And Choerry gets some lines but i feel like shes been less appreciated since she used to be the groups happy virus before Chuu was released so people kinda forgot about her.
Thank you for joining me in expressing kpop theories

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
Alrighty part 3:

7. So I think this might be my most controversial and I'm not 100% sold on it but, does anybody else think that some idol producers given themselves more lines?
I have noticed this in some groups I think there could be a couple reasons for it:
1. They wrote the song so they think they deserve to have more lines.
2. They know their voice best and what parts that it would best suit the song.
3. And this one is probably the least likely, they give themselves the lines just cause they want more lines/the spotlight, but I highly doubt this.
Some groups I have noticed this in are Pentagon, Stray Kids, and Block B.
There are more (Seventeen, Ateez, iKON, Big Bang, (G)i-dle, and EXID) but this would turn into an essay.
I'm gonna present an example for each group:
Pentagon: Those who follow Pentagon know that Hui is their main producer/songwriter, and he is an amazing one at that. Fun fact: Hui wrote Wanna One's debut song 'Energetic' along with Wooseok. It makes sense that Hui has many lines in Pentagon songs as he is one of he main vocalist, however I still find issue with the distribution.
Hui tends to have a lot more lines than Jinho, the other main vocal of he group (who I think could definitely be applied more to the songs based on his skill in versatiltiy). Because Hui is giving himself lines outside of the chorus, which main vocals usually sing, many of the other lead vocals and vocalists get barely any lines. Here are some stats:
-In 'Shalala' Hui had the most lines with 37.3% total, the closest to him is Wooseok with 13.8%.
- In 'Naughty Boy' he had the most lines with 20.2% and once again Wooseok came the closest with 16.2%.
-In there debut song 'Gorilla' Hui had the most lines with 25.9% and the closest, Jinho having 19.9%.
I think that these distribution gaps makes some sense because he is a Main vocalist, however I think maybe he is giving himself more lines because he wrote the song. But I can't get into Hui's head so who knows?
Stray Kids: All of Stray Kids's music is written by 3racha (Bang Chan, Changbin, and Han). I have never seen a problem with Changbin's amount of lines, or Han's because he has both a rapping and vocal position and is the only person in the group able to hit certain high notes, but I am confused when it comes to Bang Chan.
Chan is an extremely talented idol in every discipline and an amazing songwriter/producer but his position in the group is lead vocalist. So when I first got into Stray Kids and I was looking at lyric videos I was super surprised that Chan was getting many more lines than Woojin, the main vocalist of the group.
-In Miroh Bang Chan basically sings the only vocal line over and over giving it to the other vocalists once each, while he sang it multiple times, including Woojin. He has 27% of the lines, I.N coming the closest with 13.7% and Woojin only getting 6.7%, which is a single line.
-In their debut song 'District 9' Bang Chan has the most lines with 17.2%, while Woojin had 10.4%. You think that especialy with a debut song the group would want to utilize their main position the most.
The example of Stray Kids is not as glaring, but the 'Miroh' distribution still really puzzles me, idk.
Block B: Zico, who is arguably the best rapper in the kpop industry, was the main producer for Block B. I understand that because of the groups rap heavy concept that those with vocal roles would be getting much less lines than the rappers, but Block B has 2 other very competent rappers. And yes Zico is the best rapper of the group, and does hold he position of main rapper, but I feel like the distribution could have been better amongst the rappers. Also stan Block B, they may be on hiatus but they still need appreciation!
-In the song 'Very Good' Zico gets 31.6% of the lines, with Taeil the main vocalist getting closest, and the closest rapper being P.O with 12.9%. Zico's rap tone fits very will with this song, and most of Block B's songs, but I also feel it fits the other rappers as well.
-In the song 'Her' Zico has 39.6% with the closest being P.O with 17.3%.
-He also has the most in 'Nalina with 39.9% and the closest P.O with 23.4%, almost double.
It makes sense for producers with a Main role to get a large amount of lines, but I feel like in these cases it goes a bit too far.
In terms of Bang Chan, maybe his voice just fit the song better, idk.
We can never know what these idols are thinking, as much as we may want to.
Also this is in know way me insulting the mentioned idols and groups but pointing out some things that I think are confusing and inconsistent.

vocals.clean.souls

Kpop Stan
Credits
Hanse
Seungkwan
Changbin
Xiao Jun
My thoughts on yours

1. I simply cackled at this like if that was actually why lmao
2. Honestly that makes sense
3. It really be like that right now
4. I like to believe that he left to pursue something more in his lane, like to pursue a solo career because the group format wasn’t the best for him. Or he didn’t fit the concept of Skz and wanted more lines and such. However, I strongly considered the dating thing when he first left. Truly I won’t assume and possibly he’ll tell us why eventually
5. They really are tbh
6. Idk, I simply view it in a playful way. But if it ever looks different I’m willing to throw some hands
7. Hui most definitely does tbh

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
My thoughts on yours

1. I simply cackled at this like if that was actually why lmao
2. Honestly that makes sense
3. It really be like that right now
4. I like to believe that he left to pursue something more in his lane, like to pursue a solo career because the group format wasn’t the best for him. Or he didn’t fit the concept of Skz and wanted more lines and such. However, I strongly considered the dating thing when he first left. Truly I won’t assume and possibly he’ll tell us why eventually
5. They really are tbh
6. Idk, I simply view it in a playful way. But if it ever looks different I’m willing to throw some hands
7. Hui most definitely does tbh
Thanks for agreeing with my last one, I was trying not to offend anybody but it just seems so obvious to me, especially with Pentagon.

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
Part 4:
8. This is more of an observation, but almost all SM songs have the chorus sung by the entire group.
Idk if this is SM's music writing style, but can we just have the chorus split up to individual idols instead of everybody singing it, I feel like it would add a lot more individuality to the song and could better represent the talents in the group.
I stan/follow almost every group active in SM 2010 onwards and I can only think of a couple songs that don't have the entire chorus sung by the group:
-"Universe"-EXO
-"Miracles in December"-EXO
-"The Eve"-EXO
-"Timeless"-NCT U
-"Coming Home"-NCT U
What do all of these songs have in common, they are all ballads with not a hint of rapping in them
This has been a consistent trend in SM songs going as far back as TVXQ's 'Mirotic' (2008) to the present with NCT 127's newest release 'Kick It'.
I have no clue why they do this, but I wish they would allow their idols to shine more vocally.
For example if you listen to "Universe" by EXO you can hear each of the individual vocals and how amazing they are, except Sehun becuase SM did him dirty and gave him one line that's like 4 sec long.
Let's hope in the future we can hear some variety in the structure of SM songs, but probably not.
9. One of the signs a group could be facing disbandment or future troubles is if they take on a sexy concept (if they already didn't have one).
When somebody wears something that shows a bit more skin, or do something suggestive we sometimes can't help but look.
Many entertainment companies will use this concept as a last resort to garner their group attention when they are not doing to well.
The best and saddest example of his is the group Stellar.
If you didn't know Stellar was a girl group that started out producing pretty generic girl groups songs and straying towards the cue concept.
However they were the only group under their company and there first few comebacks did not do well, landing the group in hot water and with even more debt. So the company decided to get our attention by showing the sexy sides of these girls.
And it worked they did get attention for being so scandalous, especially in Korean culture, but they still eventually disbanded.
If you want more info about Stellar and some of the abuse they were subjected to by their company I would recommend watching this video:
Even groups that are doing well but want more attention will use this concept.
Also using a sexy concept is not a bad thing at all, as long as the idols are ok with it.
You also have to take into an account that the kpop industry is becoming alot more open so a lot of groups are doing sexier concepts, but I will only be focusing on the ones that are not as popular.
I have compiled a list of groups that I am aware of that have seemed to use this tactic:
-Pentagon with "Dr. Bebe" (Pentagon has not been able to win a music show since they debuted years ago, this could have been a tactic to push a win by Cube).
-ASTRO with "Blue Flame" (ASTRO just won their first music show with 'All Night' and could have been trying to maintain this popularity with a sexy concept).
-A.C.E with "Undercover" and "Cactus" (Crop tops, abs, short as hell shorts need I say more, yes but A.C.E in the past had trouble taking off and they are doing much better now but the sexy concept could have been used to propel them)
-Monsta X with "Hero" and "Shine Forever" and more (Part of Monsta X's concept is to be sexy but I feel like these two early on comebacks really pushed the envelope with multiple shirt being pulled up I think this was a way that Monsta X was able to gain some fame early on.)
-The Boyz with "Reveal" (I honestly love this comeback but it was obvious that they were employing a sexy concept to gain more popularity, which worked.
-EXO with "Obsession" (So EXO is insanely popular, but the group is getting fairly old and their comebacks are become more and more spaced out. This could lead to the group loosing attention and being locked in the SM dungeon. Also with the entire group facing military enlistment I think this comeback, which could have been one of there lasts ones with more than 2 people for a while, was used to really make an impression, and therefore the implementation of the sexy concept.)
Once again I have nothing against sexy concepts, I like a good sexy concept every now and again, this is just a trend I have noticed in the kpop world.

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
Ok so part IDK, but I think these will be two of my more controversial theories/observations.
Please understand that the only person I am insulting and hating on is SM, I love all the members of NCT and think they are all incredible in their own ways, I was just trying to be as objective and unbiased as I could.
10. If SM hates foreigners so much why do they promote Mark, Ten, and Lucas so much?
So this is more of a question than a theory/observation, that I kind of have an explanation for but I kinda don't.
So we all know SM does not particularly like foreigners.
Example: EXO M, Super Junior M, and the various idols that have been basically forgotten or pushed to the side by SM.
It seems that in order for a non-Korean to succeed in SM they need to have at least 2 of the following three qualities.
-Extreme talent in one area (Where they could be considered the best)
-Incredible Korean standardized visuals
-The 'Idol Personality'/being incredibly charismatic
They also seem to have to be able to speak English as well as have a pretty good grasp of the Korean language.
Mark: Mark has #1 and #3. Arguably Mark is the best rapper to come out of SM, and because 127 has put out many rap based songs his skill is needed quite a lot and therefore he gets a lot of screen time and popularity. Mark's rapping skill is also why I believe Mark was originally placed in each unit. Mark is also a really charismatic person, he doesn't have the most charisma in NCT but he has this personality that makes him almost like the boy next door and he comes off as really relate able, kinda like your 'every man'. This quality makes him very popular amongst the fans, especially international ones.
Ten: Ten has #1 and #3 as well. I think most of the kpop community considers Ten to be one of the best dancers within the industry, and he is definitely the best in NCT. So there is the incredible talent for you. Ten also has the advantage of being an all-rounder meaning he is also above average at singing and rapping, he can easily hold a lead position in both categories. Ten is one of the most charismatic members of NCT and of SM in general. He isn't shy and is generally very likable. Ten also has a past history of winning that singing competition in his native country, giving fans some form of foundation about who he is pre-debut.
Lucas: So Lucas has #2 and #3, no shade about no #1 he is incredibly talented but not so that you could say he is the best at rapping, dancing, or singing in NCT. Lucas has incredible visuals that seem to be pretty much appealing to all and he is also very tall, something highly valued in the kpop world. Lucas also has quite a deep voice, especially when he is rapping, and has a rap tone unlike anybody else in NCT and probably all of SM, making him stand out a lot. Lucas is also another idol who has incredible charisma. He can be very silly, funny, and his confusion over the Korean language and other things (you're Nana?!) makes him appear really cute to others. He is incredibly likable and I personally find him very similar to Jackson of GOT7 in many ways, and we all know how funny Jackson is.

I think because Mark, Ten, and Lucas have these qualities they gained a lot of popularity in the fandom and also within the company.
This is also no shade to the other non-koreans in the group but here are some comparisons I guess.
Renjun: Renjun is a fantastic vocalist, definitely one of the best in NCT, and for me he is only behind Haechan in Dream. However his singing skills are not at the level required by SM to be considered amazing enough to increase his exposure. (Not hating, just trying to be unbiased). If he had vocals like the three mains in Super Junior or EXO it would be a different story. Hopefully we will still be able to see more of Renjun's voice in the future though. Renjun is not extremely attractive when it comes to Korean standards and he is also the shortest member of the group along with Ten. Renjun is also extremely funny and likable, but he is not as outgoing as some of the other members of NCT. Renjun also seems to be the 7th wheel of Dream I guess. When it comes to shipping the most popular ones in Dream tend to be Markhyuck, Chensung, and Nomin, leaving Renjun out.
Johnny: Johnny is an incredibly talented dude, he can sing, rap, and boy can he dance. He's also the best candidate for 3rd best rapper in 127, however 3rd is not enough for SM and even though his dancing is great it is not to the level they require for promotion. Johnny also does not really follow conventional Korean beauty rules, except for his height. However, Johnny is one of the most charismatic people in NCT, but I think SM just uses that to their advantage in America. SM also seems to only use him for his height, his body, and I guess his father-like figure in NCT.

So there is a difference, I am still a bit confused to why SM favors certain foreigners...but this is my best guess.
Once again I am not trying to hate on any member of NCT, definitely on SM though. Everyone is very talented, beautiful, and has an awesome personality, it is just how SM defines these categories that leads to promoting certain members.

11. Jungwoo was added to 127 to replace WinWin.
Ok so I love Jungwoo and WinWin, this is just a theory based on the timeline in NCT.
So we all know that SM isn't exactly WinWin's number one fan. He usually got the least amount of lines, center time, and screen time. In 127 he was mainly used for his acrobatics, his visual, and to be the members source of infatuation I guess...we all know NCT loves WinWin. WinWin is also an amazing dancer, but because the style he was trained in is very different from idol dancing he had difficulty adjusting, and his skills were not seen as applicable to 127 and U dances, besides his flips. WinWin became just another background dancer in 127 and U. This also makes me super sad as WinWin was the member that made me stan NCT.
So with SM wanting to make a Chinese unit I think they tried to start preperations ahead of time and also so they didn't look too obvious.
This is why I think they debuted Jungwoo in U with Boss, gaining him a fanbase and showing off his talents, and then later debuted him in 127 along side WinWin during the Regular era. I think SM thought they were being slick introducing Jungwoo that way, as they probably thought 'Oh they won't think we are trying to get rid of Winwin if Jungwoo is already a preexisting member of 127!'
So when it came time for WayV to debut they shifted Winwin out of 127 and into China to debut. Now with Jungwoo I think SM wanted to bring in an idol who has equal dance ability to Winwin but had more confidence and training in siniging, even though they still rarely use his singing in 127 tracks!
But if you notice WinWin and Jungwoo have a very similar role in 127, they are both the member that everybody loves. Sure Jungwoo does a lot more aegyo than Winwin, but they both have that natural cuteness and they both get a lot of affection from the members, making them more known and popular in the fandom. This could have just happened, or it could have been assigned roles by SM, we can never really know unless they tell us.
But yes I think Jungwoo has served as a replacement for Winwin, and even though I would love for him to come back to 127, I highly doubt he will, and I almost don't want him to because he gets a lot more lines and attention with WayV, and he himself said he was more comfortable being in his native country speaking his native tongue. I hope he can just do what makes him the happiest!
I also hope SM doesn't just view Jungwoo as a replacement and cause him to take on a role as a background dancer, as he is a really great vocalist, and I personally think he is one of the best dancers in 127.

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
ok let's go part i'm not sure:
12. BTS will not be enlisting together.
So I would personally would want BTS to enter the military all at the same time so we get more OT7 content as soon as possible, but I don't think this will happen.
Reason #1: Every kpop company's main goal is to make money. For BigHit, BTS is there main money maker, and without the cash flow they are getting from the group the company would not be doing well financially, especially with them buying multiple other companies. So I think Big Hit will try to keep as many members available so they can produce content that makes money for them. This is probably also why BTS is having another tour so (maybe with the virus) that they can get as much money before Jin has to enlist, which could result in a loss of fans and therefore income. If all of them entered the military at once there would be almost 2 years of no money coming from new music/projects, only existing things, which would not be enough to support BigHit. The only way Big Hit would let them all enlist would be if TXT had a huge explosion in popularity and bring in the same amount of money, however I don't see this happening as TXT has only been around for a little over a year, has only had one comeback, and are still seen as BTS's little brothers and are placed in their shadow frequently. Gaining this type of popularity also takes a lot of time, and TXT hasn't had enough.
Reason #2: This isn't as I guess stable as reason 1 but, the title of their recent album speaks a lot. Many Armys theorized the newest album would be called 'Shadow' or 'Ego' but we ended up with Map of the Soul: 7. I think this 7 is meant to symbolize that yes Jin will be leaving for the military soon, but BTS is still a group of 7 and will always be a group of 7. It is a reminder for fans as the members gradually enlist, that BTS will be whole once again.

13. Jinho left SM and did not become a part of EXO because his appearance and personality did not fit the concept of the group.
So another height based theory, I know, but whatever. So if you didn't know Jinho from Pentagon was originally a SM trainee and was set to debut with EXO. We know he was seen as serious to the company because he was placed in SM the ballad. However, Jinho did not debut with EXO and left the company.
The reason I think this happened is based in Jinho's appearance and concept.
EXO debuted, and their first couple concepts, were all very hard hitting and dark. Jinho is kinda the opposite of this. His personality and his appearance is adorable and very cutesy, so yes he could act less like this in EXO, but I don't think this would be enough.
Jinho is also very short for a male idol, he is 168 cm and was probably even shorter in 2011/2012. Many of the members of EXO are also on the shorter side, but not to the extent Jinho is. SM could have not wanted such a short member, which is probably why they are lying about several of the member's heights (D.O, Xiumin).
To dive further into this theory, I think Jinho was part of the initial line up with the position of Main Vocalist.
If you know the story of Baekhyun and Chen getting into the company you know they were both going out for a single position. I think that SM decided to take both of them because their appearances fit the concept better and they are both taller than Jinho. There is also the fact that even though he is so undderated and an incredible vocalist, he is not at the same level as Chen and Baekhyun. Jinho's singing may not have been as good back then as well. There are other factors to consider such as dance skill, which Jinho may have been lacking in compared to the other two.
Or I could be wrong and it could be for a completely different reason.
But please support Pentagon and Jinho, he is an incredible vocalist and deserves more attention.

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
14. The reason that Blackpink does not release as much music as other YG artists is because they do not write and produce their own music.
I just watched a video that was talking about how YG favors their boy groups, which is true in some areas, but not for the reason they shared. They said that the favoritism is obvious because of the amount of comebacks and tracks that Blackpink gets compared to Winner and iKON. They were giving the example of how Winner recently came back with a 12 track album, which is roughly the same amount of songs Blackpink has in total.
However, I believe the reason groups like iKON and Winner get more releases is because they write and produce the majority of their own music. when you don't have to rely on just Teddy to produce all of your music, the process is really sped up. Because Blackpink doesn't write their own music they have to wait until the music is written for them, which can take months.
This in my opinion is one of the main reasons Blackpink hasn't been having a comeback.
In no way am I saying that not being self producing-idols is bad, it's just helpful when you are trying to regularly release music.
15. The reason that JYP favors Twice and ITZY to an extent is because they are the most successful and popular group in the company, and most of all make him the most money.
All entertainment companies really care about it making money, and for JYP that big source is Twice. This is why Twice has pretty much double to comebacks and promotions as any other group in the company. Many people often complain about other JYP groups not getting as good promotions, especialy GOT7, but GOT7 does not bring in as much as a revenue with their music and they don't bring as much attention to the company. In an ideal world each group would get equal promotions and comebacks, but money is what makes the world go round. I think if Got7, Stray Kids, and Day6 brought the same amount of press and money to JYPE, then they would get more comebacks and better promotions. However we cannot control public opinion.
With Stray Kids I think the reason they have so many releases is because they write all of their own music and pretty much choreograph all of their dances as well.

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
16. Why are so many maknaes the tallest/one of the tallest of their group?
I really don't have any explanation for this but I just wanted to compile a list because there are so many giant maknaes.
I put some maknaes that aren't the tallest but still really stick out in their group.

Sanha-ASTRO
Wonyoung-IZ*ONE
Dohyon-X1 (He wasn't the tallest but he will be)
Arin-Elris
Yugyeom-GOT7
Tzuyu-Twice
Kuanlin-Wanna One
Jisung-NCT Dream
Sehun-EXO (2nd tallest)
P.O-Block B (2nd tallest)
Chan-A.C.E
Wooseok-Pentagon
Yuna-ITZY
Eunbin-CLC
Seohyun-SNSD (2nd tallest)
Zelo-BAP
Sungjae-BTOB
Hyunsuk-CIX
Chanwoo-iKON (2nd tallest)
Kyuhyun-Super Junior (2nd tallest)
Changjo-Teen Top
Huening Kai-TXT (2nd tallest)
Hyuk-Vixx

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
17. Twice was originally supposed to have a concept similar to Itzy's.
So Twice debuted with 'Like Ooh-Aah' with a concept very different from their later comebacks. It was more teen crush and I guess the best comparison is Blackpink's pink comebacks. However during Twice's debut groups like Gfriend, Oh My Girl, and many others that had been using a cute concept, which led to them being sucessful. At the time Twice's debut concept was not popular and I think JYP read the market and decided it would be better to do a similar cute concept so we got comebacks like 'TT', 'Cheer Up', and 'Knock Knock' which caused Twice to soar in popularity.
I think that JYP didn't want to let this concept go though, so he kept it in his vault until 2019 when Itzy debuted and that type of Teen Crush concept was much more popular.
You can see these similarities in the stage outfits, the style of music, and even the choreography:
maxresdefault.jpg
8e548a9697285a7ad43736e6eac56defadaa0bc7r1-968-867v2_hq.jpg

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
18. Why are so many idols given animal counterparts?
So I was thinking about this recently and realized how many idols have nicknames that are animals, and I admit it's cute when fans or their members give an idol a nickname of an animal because they look like it or some other thing in common. I decided to compile all of the ones that I've seen:
Suga-BTS: Cat
Kihyun-Monsta X: Hamster (but he wants to be a shark)
Shownu-Monsta X: Bear
Hoshi-SVT: Hamster
Bang Chan-Stray Kids: Kangaroo
I.N-Stray Kids: Fennec Fox
Mark-NCT: Lion
Doyoung: Rabbit
Woojin-SKZ: Bear
Nayeon-Twice:Bunny
S.Coups-SVT: Camel
Lee Know-Stray Kids: Cat
Hyungwon-Monsta X: Turtle
Wonho-Monsta X: Rabbit
Han-Stray Kids: Squirell
Jungkook-BTS: Rabbit
Xiumin-EXO: Cat
Chen-EXO: Dinosaur...
Chenle-NCT: Dolphin (I think this is just cause of his scream)
Yuta-NCT: Lion
Joohoney-Monsta X: Bee
Sungjin-Day6: Bear
Haechan-NCT: Pudu
Jisung-NCT: Baby Chick
Woozi-SVT: Sting Ray
Yeji-Itzy: Fox and Toothless
Jae-Day6: Chicken (Little) lol I had to
DK-SVT: Horse
Joshua-SVT: Rabbit
Moonbin-Astro: Puppy Cat...idk
Jinjin-Astro: Mouse
Mingyu-SVT: Puppy
There are probably tons more but this is all I could think of at the moment, feel free to comment more.
It seems that cat, rabbit, and bear are the most common ones.

person

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Dohyun
Keonhee
Joohoney
JinJin
Ok Part 2:

4. Woojin Left Stray Kids because he broke the dating ban in his contract.
As a Stay hearing about Woojin's departure was incredible surprising and saddening. I think I refreshed the page half a dozen times because it was just so out of the blue.
This is one of the main reasons why I think Woojin left.
If Woojin had left the group due to some type of injury/illness he would have gone on hiatus.
-For example Hwall from The Boyz left around the same time but it was because of a reoccurring ankle injury that he had previously taken a hiatus for.
Woojin also did not limit any of his activities due to a condition like Han did during Levanter promotions due to anxiety and Seungmin due to the flu.
Woojin's activities with Stray Kids were very consistent as well.
They had just finished the promotions for 'Double Knot' where Woojin preformed beautifully, he wasn't holding back at all.
Woojin also seemed to be having a really good time during promotions, on and off stage.
Another thought I had to why Woojin would want to leave is his lack of lines/center/screen time.
the music that Stray Kids releases is very rap and beat/edm heavy, leaving Woojin, the Main Vocalist, with very few times to shine on promotional stages. What made me believe this theory even more was that Seungmin, Han, Bang Chan, Lee Know, and I.N, who all have a lead vocal/vocalist position, would be getting more or the same amount of lines in title tracks.
I thought maybe Woojin left because he got tired of not getting to sing, but I don't think JYP would have allowed this as an excuse to cancel his contract, which is incredibly difficult to do.
Therefore it seems the only reason Woojin got pulled from the group was because he violated something in his contract, which I believe is the dating ban.
*If you didn't know JYP puts a 3 year dating ban in each of his idols contracts so that they can focus on their work*
Another aspect which increased my belief in this theory was that the press release by JYP about Woojin was practically identical to the one about Junhyeok, who was a former member of Day6.
Here is JYP's release about Woojin:
“Woojin, who has been a member of Stray Kids, has left the team and terminated his contract due to personal circumstances. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused many fans.”
And here is the one about Junhyeok:
"Junhyeok, who had been working together with DAY6 until now, has decided to leave the group and his contract for personal reasons,
The reasoning given by JYP is "personal circumstances/reasons" nearly identical.
When Junhyeok later went on the survival show 'The Unit' it was revealed that he had been kicked out of Day6 for dating someone and giving the private info about Day6.
Because of the similarities in this situation and because of the lack of signals/clues before Woojin left I believe that it was because he broke the dating ban.
However I could be completely false and the only people who can really tell us the truth are Woojin and JYP.

5. YG Entertainment is trying to replicate their success.
I think it is well known in the kpop world that YG created Blackpink because he wanted to make a prettier version of 2NE1, that just happened to disband that same year.
There is even proof that Blackpink's song 'Don't Know What To Do' was originally meant for 2NE1.
Even the members have similarities.
CL=Jennie-Both Main Rappers who have a kind of badass concept to them.
Park Bom=Rose-Both Main Vocalists with similar sounding voices.
Minzy=Lisa-Both Main Dancers, Lead Rappers, and Maknas of the group
Dara=Jisoo-both visuals and vocalist who don't get as many lines

I found this recreation of a group even more in iKON and Big Bang.
YG himself has said himself that Jay is the new Taeyang.
Jay=Taeyang-Both Main Vocalist and have a dance position of the group, they are both the shortest members, and their singing voices are incredibly similar.
B.I=G-dragon-They both have a rap position and they are both the main producers of the group.
June=Daesung-The vocal tone is incredibly similar between these two, and the same can be said with T.O.P and June.
DK=Seungri-In no way am I saying that DK did the shit that Seungri does but they both happen to be Main Dancers and vocalist with similar voices tones as well. They are also both in the Maknae line.
I feel like YG does this from a business standpoint. He knows what works (Big Bang and 2NE1) and so he replicates it and improves on it.
This is a really smart business strategy however I feel like it leads the members to lack individuality.

6. Each group has a member who is the prime bullying victim and it makes me sad.
When I first started stanning The Boyz I was looking up New on youtube because I found him interesting and saw him as a potential bias. However I felt really sad to see videos in the results that had titles like '15 Minutes of The Boyz Bullying New" or "The Boyz Showing Their Love for New" that last one is sarcastic.
I feel so bad for these members that are always the ones to get picked on, cause I know it is good natured, but sometimes I wonder if they really feel hurt by it.
I'm also curious if this was a role given by the company to these members, but that is a theory for another time.
There are also different degrees of bullying, I think the most I've seen it happen is with New and Yesung of Super Junior.
Here is my list of who I think if the most bullied in the group:
The Boyz=New
Monsta X=Kihyun
NCT 127=Doyoung
NCT Dream=Jeno
Super Junior=Yesung
EXO=D.O and Tao (my OT12 heart)
BTS=Jimin
Stray Kids=Changbin
Astro=JinJin
Ateez= Seonghwa
Seventeen= Mingyu
Twice=Nayeon
iKON=Jinhwan
Day6=Wonpil
Got7=Mark
WayV=Kun
TXT=Soobin
There's probably more but this is all I can think of at the moment.

that is all for today
stay tuned for more of my weird ass thoughts and theories
RIP woojin and Junhyeok, we will/do miss you both. And your theories make alot of sense. smart kookie