LGBTQ+ Support Thread

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
The whole coming out thing just… shouldn’t be a thing if you ask me.
One thing I find interesting is how society is absolutely appauled at the idea of asexuals, but they also just believe their children are straight. How are they uncomfortable with the idea of a child deciding they don’t want sex, while simultaneously labelling them as a sexuality??
To me, children should just be asexual. Full stop. Even if we don’t label them that way, society should think of children as asexual. Then, everyone would have a “coming out” moment when they’re old enough to realise what they want. And that can also change as they get older. That’s why I wanted to just be able to tell my dad in that natural way, because I didn’t want it to be any different to how a straight child would reveal their interests too. I hope one day soon I can just bring it up so it doesn’t feel like I’m purposefully hiding it
right! ppl sexualize children wayyyy too much.
and i had an idea; obviously this may not work for you, but maybe if you have a crush on anyone you could mention it to your dad? like, the same way a straight kid would casually mention a crush, you could do the same. idk, just an idea lol

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
I'm bi and she/her
i'm planning on asking my dad on how he feels about the LGBTQ+ Community this month in may and if he's fine with it or something like that I'm going to come out to him during Pride Month but I'm scared and I don't know how to do it.
hi! good luck with coming out to your dad ^^

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
friendly reminder that you don't owe anybody "transness," ie, if you're a trans guy, you don't owe anyone masculinity. if you're a trans girl, you don't owe anyone femininity. if you're nonbinary, you don't owe anyone androgyny and so forth ^^

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
it's almost pride month...
i'm honestly rly excited bc this is gonna be the first time i can actually celebrate pride month and be out and proud for it. and even tho stores and brands just use pride month as a once a year way to make extra money, i'm still a sucker and will buying at least a couple rainbow things lol