҉  Official Unpopular Kpop Opinions Thread ҉ 

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
ig this isn’t really an opinion but it also doesn’t really feel like it fits in the rant category either so idk where this belongs so I’m putting it here anyways

Am I the only person who feels really uncomfortable listen to idol recruitment stories. Like especially for female idols. Young ones too.
At first they’re really cute and funny the idol will be like “oh I was just at the supermarket with my mum and this recruiter approached me and asked me to audition for their company” and you’re like ah that’s so weird imagine that happening to you.

Then you realise the idol became a trainee at 11-14. Like. A grown adult - in many cases probably a man - saw a young teenager, and based on their APPEARANCE ALONE decided they LOOKED GOOD enough to be an idol. THEYRE APPROACHING WHAT THEY DEEM AS ATTRACTIVE CHILDREN-

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
ig this isn’t really an opinion but it also doesn’t really feel like it fits in the rant category either so idk where this belongs so I’m putting it here anyways

Am I the only person who feels really uncomfortable listen to idol recruitment stories. Like especially for female idols. Young ones too.
At first they’re really cute and funny the idol will be like “oh I was just at the supermarket with my mum and this recruiter approached me and asked me to audition for their company” and you’re like ah that’s so weird imagine that happening to you.

Then you realise the idol became a trainee at 11-14. Like. A grown adult - in many cases probably a man - saw a young teenager, and based on their APPEARANCE ALONE decided they LOOKED GOOD enough to be an idol. THEYRE APPROACHING WHAT THEY DEEM AS ATTRACTIVE CHILDREN-
Let's talk about Ryujin only saying yes because she thought the girl was cute though- /t /j

TaeBora~

Kpop Stan

oml! your so right! I hate the thought of it, young girls constantly being looked on by old ass men. It's weird. As a job? WTH!? Unless they make the CHOICE to audition they shouldn't be watched on and looked out for by grow adults, men or women. Idc

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
oml! your so right! I hate the thought of it, young girls constantly being looked on by old ass men. It's weird. As a job? WTH!? Unless they make the CHOICE to audition they shouldn't be watched on and looked out for by grow adults, men or women. Idc
The only time I’ve heard it in an environment that kind of makes sense was Ryujin being scouted at a GOT7 performance. Of course there will be staff there. It’s a show owned by the company. But still creepy though that they make these choices on appearance alone, coz they’re not gonna know who can sing and dance and who can’t just by spotting them in public

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
(Talking about girl groups since I’m not familiar with boy groups)

I don’t think 2018 should be the marker point for the beginning of 4th gen.

There must be some reason why it is, but the debuts that occured in 2018 just seem like the same sorts of things we were seeing already within 3rd gen. The only debut in 2018 that truly differed from the typical concepts we were seeing in third gen (aka cute or girl crush) was La Vie en Rose.
Latata is often the song I immediately think of when I think of the beginning of 4th gen. But I don’t understand why. Latata isn’t that much different from what Blackpink was doing at the time.
Just to clarify I know it’s not as deep as I’m making it out to be. The generations are just this weird concept used to group idols. I just think whoever decided 2018 was the beginning of 4th gen made an error. 2019 makes more sense to me. The 2019 debuts were just… a change. I noticed this while I was making my ranking girl group debuts thread.
2018 gave us Latata, Hi High and To Heart, girl crush and cute concept songs. What we were already seeing
2019 gave us Dalla Dalla, Bon Bon Chocolat, Bim Bam Bum. To me that’s a much clearer shift.

Silly kpop billies! /lh

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
(Talking about girl groups since I’m not familiar with boy groups)

I don’t think 2018 should be the marker point for the beginning of 4th gen.

There must be some reason why it is, but the debuts that occured in 2018 just seem like the same sorts of things we were seeing already within 3rd gen. The only debut in 2018 that truly differed from the typical concepts we were seeing in third gen (aka cute or girl crush) was La Vie en Rose.
Latata is often the song I immediately think of when I think of the beginning of 4th gen. But I don’t understand why. Latata isn’t that much different from what Blackpink was doing at the time.
Just to clarify I know it’s not as deep as I’m making it out to be. The generations are just this weird concept used to group idols. I just think whoever decided 2018 was the beginning of 4th gen made an error. 2019 makes more sense to me. The 2019 debuts were just… a change. I noticed this while I was making my ranking girl group debuts thread.
2018 gave us Latata, Hi High and To Heart, girl crush and cute concept songs. What we were already seeing
2019 gave us Dalla Dalla, Bon Bon Chocolat, Bim Bam Bum. To me that’s a much clearer shift.

Silly kpop billies! /lh
i think the shift in generations also has a little to do w a shift in the literal generations of the debuting idols. obviously not always, but around 2018 is when a lot of idols born in the late 90s to early 2000s started debuting, versus idols being mostly born in the early to mid 90s in 3rd gen and late 80s to early 90s in 2nd gen

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
i think the shift in generations also has a little to do w a shift in the literal generations of the debuting idols. obviously not always, but around 2018 is when a lot of idols born in the late 90s to early 2000s started debuting, versus idols being mostly born in the early to mid 90s in 3rd gen and late 80s to early 90s in 2nd gen
I never thought of it that way. That makes more sense

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
who put her in this hat? come here, i just wanna talk-

images
images

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
Like i literally was like "Wot" like I seriously don't understand how he thought he could get away with that...
Like it's one thing if you're skinny, but to actually be overweight and to understand what they go through and still say it
to be fair i've never liked suju, they all suck.
except heechul. heechul is the man

Elphelt_ᴠᴀʟᴇɴᴛɪɴᴇ

I LOVE MY HUSBAND (zayne)
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Website
shes-dreamin.carrd.co
Credits
Belle
Ezrael
Teolaegi
✧ Creamy Chanyeol ✧
Like it's one thing if you're skinny, but to actually be overweight and to understand what they go through and still say it
to be fair i've never liked suju, they all suck.
except heechul. heechul is the man
Yes heechul is best boy lol (He's really all I know anyway)