҉  Official Unpopular Kpop Opinions Thread ҉ 

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
Dino from Seventeen is one of my favorite dancers in kpop, and in my opinion is one of the best. He's precise, clean, fluid and sharp at the same time that's a sign of amazing body control and self awareness of your dancing, he is great balance, his dynamics are the best in SVT, and his timing is always right. He doesn't look unnatural in non idol choreography and in fact looks even more natural in hiphop based choreo or even contemporary (which are vastly different) he is versatile and while he's not the best dancer in kpop, he is definitely up there and I wish people would talk about how good of a dancer actually he is. He's a choreographer as well and his choreos always hit

Zerø_21

Maknae
Website
www.quotev.com
Credits
Yeosang
Yunho
Jongho
Seonghwa
Dino from Seventeen is one of my favorite dancers in kpop, and in my opinion is one of the best. He's precise, clean, fluid and sharp at the same time that's a sign of amazing body control and self awareness of your dancing, he is great balance, his dynamics are the best in SVT, and his timing is always right. He doesn't look unnatural in non idol choreography and in fact looks even more natural in hiphop based choreo or even contemporary (which are vastly different) he is versatile and while he's not the best dancer in kpop, he is definitely up there and I wish people would talk about how good of a dancer actually he is. He's a choreographer as well and his choreos always hit
YES
HE'S REALLY GOOD

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Holding a pride flag during a concert isn't really the amazing act of lgbtq+ support that some fans make it out to be. It's still a welcomed gesture, since parading it about still brings attention to the community and in a non-welcoming country like Korea it could be seen as a political statement. But it's still the bare minimum.

It only annoys me because there will be compilations of "IDOLS WHO SUPPORT THE LGBTQ+ COMMUNITY" and it's literally just a compilation of idols holding flags, when I know for a fact there are plenty of idols who have actually spoken out specifically about the community and shown genuine support (some examples that I know/found: Sunmi announcing she is an ally, Satbyeol wishing fans a happy pride month, Yoojung saying she doesn't care about gender when dating, Mamamoo performing with genderqueer performers and wearing pride badges made by an LGBTQ+ union of Moomoos).

Idk, maybe I'm being picky. I just think actually speaking up does more than waving a flag just because it landed by your feet and calling it a day

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
Holding a pride flag during a concert isn't really the amazing act of lgbtq+ support that some fans make it out to be. It's still a welcomed gesture, since parading it about still brings attention to the community and in a non-welcoming country like Korea it could be seen as a political statement. But it's still the bare minimum.

It only annoys me because there will be compilations of "IDOLS WHO SUPPORT THE LGBTQ+ COMMUNITY" and it's literally just a compilation of idols holding flags, when I know for a fact there are plenty of idols who have actually spoken out specifically about the community and shown genuine support (some examples that I know/found: Sunmi announcing she is an ally, Satbyeol wishing fans a happy pride month, Yoojung saying she doesn't care about gender when dating, Mamamoo performing with genderqueer performers and wearing pride badges made by an LGBTQ+ union of Moomoos).

Idk, maybe I'm being picky. I just think actually speaking up does more than waving a flag just because it landed by your feet and calling it a day
i agree. and holding a flag doesn't even necessarily mean they support it; it's just picking up a flag. you could even call it fan service, if you wanted. actually saying smth means more.

also, some more examples of support that might not be as well known: -sakura saying she's an ally and that gender is unimportant to her
-taeyeon having "love is love" spelled on magnets in one of her mvs and making a post for bisexuality awareness day; she also posts a pride flag every june 1st and writes messages for queer fans
-cravity's taeyoung dying his hair different pride flag colors during pride month
-exid's le supporting her drag queen friend
-ladies code's ashley giving tips to a closeted lesbian fan
-nature's haru saying love is love
-red velvet supporting/congratulating queer fans on calls and vlives
-sana congratulating a lesbian fan on her marriage; saying that marriage isn't just between a man and a woman
-witcher's yeju saying she wishes the world could change faster to be accepting of all lgbt+ ppl
-ace's byeongkwan saying nonbinary ppl inspire him
-skz going to pride parades and chan congratulating a lesbian couple on their marriage and saying he's happy skz's music brought them together (that was how they met, at a skz concert, or some kpop thing)
-all members of vixx telling homophobic commenters there are more than 2 genders
-kard's bm saying there are more than 2 genders and that all sexualities are valid
-alexa frequently congratulating fans who come out, showing support for nonbinary friend
-cl said she was an ally in an interview
-boa performing at a pride festival

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
i agree. and holding a flag doesn't even necessarily mean they support it; it's just picking up a flag. you could even call it fan service, if you wanted. actually saying smth means more.

also, some more examples of support that might not be as well known: -sakura saying she's an ally and that gender is unimportant to her
-taeyeon having "love is love" spelled on magnets in one of her mvs and making a post for bisexuality awareness day; she also posts a pride flag every june 1st and writes messages for queer fans
-cravity's taeyoung dying his hair different pride flag colors during pride month
-sana congratulating a lesbian fan on her marriage; saying that marriage isn't just between a man and a woman
-witcher's yeju saying she wishes the world could change faster to be accepting of all lgbt+ ppl
-skz going to pride parades and chan congratulating a lesbian couple on their marriage and saying he's happy skz's music brought them together (that was how they met, at a skz concert, or some kpop thing)
-all members of vixx telling homophobic commenters there are more than 2 genders
-kard's bm saying there are more than 2 genders and that all sexualities are valid
-alexa frequently congratulating fans who come out, showing support for nonbinary friend
May I just add:
-One of Kino's (Pentagon) favorite books is about two women in a relationship. Also painted his ear the pride flag colors and wore it like that for Humph promotions, constantly wearing clothes in LGBTQ+ collections
-Most artists change pronouns when covering songs. Kino? Not this man
(As a gay man I think he may also be LGBTQ+, but we'll never know.)
-Kino and Wooseok wrote a song that was inspired by an interracial lesbian couple on Black Mirror
- (astro) when a fan told moonbin and eunwoo that they were finally dating, moonbin said: "Congratulations! I don't know if the person is a girl or boy, but please turn them into an Aroha!"
-CL posted in support of Taiwan when they legalized gay marriage
-(ateez) Yunho told a fan that love is love, and it doesn't matter as long as you're happy
-Exo's D.O. has recommended various LGBTQ+ films
-Heechul openly supported Kim Jho Kwang-soo's same-sex marriage
-Yoojung from Weki Meki said that gender doesn't matter to her for dating
-LE from Exid goes to a lot of gay bars, because she has a lot of LGBTQ+ friends. One of her friends (who is trans) posted a video of her dancing at one
-Jo Kwon actually said that his image is genderless (and omg is he killing it, the forefather of androgyny in kpop)
-@ONF Wyatt from ONF stated that he doesn't care if two men love each other, and that he really appreciates support from LGBTQ+ fans
-Seventeen purposely makes their songs gender neutral
-Woonggi of TOO said that he doesn't support anyone who doesn't support LGBTQ+

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
May I just add:
-One of Kino's (Pentagon) favorite books is about two women in a relationship. Also painted his ear the pride flag colors and wore it like that for Humph promotions, constantly wearing clothes in LGBTQ+ collections
-Most artists change pronouns when covering songs. Kino? Not this man
(As a gay man I think he may also be LGBTQ+, but we'll never know.)
-Kino and Wooseok wrote a song that was inspired by an interracial lesbian couple on Black Mirror
- (astro) when a fan told moonbin and eunwoo that they were finally dating, moonbin said: "Congratulations! I don't know if the person is a girl or boy, but please turn them into an Aroha!"
-CL posted in support of Taiwan when they legalized gay marriage
-(ateez) Yunho told a fan that love is love, and it doesn't matter as long as you're happy
-Exo's D.O. has recommended various LGBTQ+ films
-Heechul openly supported Kim Jho Kwang-soo's same-sex marriage
-Yoojung from Weki Meki said that gender doesn't matter to her for dating
-LE from Exid goes to a lot of gay bars, because she has a lot of LGBTQ+ friends. One of her friends (who is trans) posted a video of her dancing at one
-Jo Kwon actually said that his image is genderless (and omg is he killing it, the forefather of androgyny in kpop)
-@ONF Wyatt from ONF stated that he doesn't care if two men love each other, and that he really appreciates support from LGBTQ+ fans
-Seventeen purposely makes their songs gender neutral
-Woonggi of TOO said that he doesn't support anyone who doesn't support LGBTQ+
oh, this made me remember another thing abt heechul! he said the the reason he's never denied any of his dating rumors w another man is bc he didn't want anyone to think being gay was a bad thing

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
Why are people so obsessed with shipping idols together? Like I keep seeing fake edits of yeonjun and yeji, like- what is up-
This is the same person who didn't used to care about shipping. But I feel like people are very obsessed now?? Can't you just let them be

chaerifyyy

Band Manager
Website
redqueen2000.carrd.co
Credits
Dipsy
Christmas Lollipop
Apple White
Briar Beauty
Why are people so obsessed with shipping idols together? Like I keep seeing fake edits of yeonjun and yeji, like- what is up-
This is the same person who didn't used to care about shipping. But I feel like people are very obsessed now?? Can't you just let them be
I agree. It's ok to think to ppl look cute together but it's another thing to go out of your way to make edits out of this. Like what if some one shipped with someone you don't even know you would feel very uncomfortable. This is how most idols probably feel when being shipped with someone they barely know and to make matters worse they sometimes have to meet them at music and award shows. it just makes this awkward it another reason why idols don't react to performances and why award shows have gotten boring now and it you can't blame them either it mostly the fans fault.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
I used to be proper delusional over this one ship (that I won’t name but I know I have so many posts here about them with embarrasses me so much). I recently went through my old social media posts and cleared everything old out, and god the way I used to talk about them is CREEPY. Like who cares if they are dating or not that’s THEIR BUSINESS. And yes celebrities lives are going to be more public it can’t be helped, the fact I had NO BOUNDARIES and also knew it was wrong but did it anyways is awful. I’m so glad I grew out of it. Fictional character shipping ftw 🙈💕

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin

also, Sakura has been openly supporting the LGBTQIA+ community since her HKB48 days. She's spoken up about trans rights and has said gender doesn't matter when dating and that love is love and she could end up marrying a women

escapism

𝐢 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 ☆
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
V.I.P.
Credits
✧ Captain Price ✧
✧ Buddie ✧
Hey guys I'm going to need you to calm down a little bit here, okay? Share your opinions respectfully without arguing.