҉  Official Popular/Unpopular Kpop Opinions Thread ҉ 

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
Jessi can't rap
i don't think she can't rap, but i certainly think that she's nowhere near as good as ppl think she is. she's a much better singer than she is a rapper. i think the only reason the whole rapper image was given to her and she continues w it is bc she's american and overly bold - ie, a culture shock. bc she's so completely different from other korean celebrities, it's easy to market her as a "cool swag, dgaf" rapper

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
Jessi can't rap
It's not that she can't, but the songs that she gets are always pop-sounding and generic, so the rapping is bland. It's unfortunately not her fault, it's just what she's been given. I'm not sure how much of the production process she works on

TaeBora~

Kpop Stan
They could have went with just FEARLESS or smth
I feel bad for the girls tho
They could have went with just FEARLESS or smth
I feel bad for the girls tho
all that effort and training to sound boring and look boring. But in the same breath BTS, TXT, Enhypen and Seventeen are out here with banger after banger? Amazing outfit, meaningful group names, entertaining MV's, unique visuals and top tier songs to back it up. Smth ain't right. Companies are always looking to f*ck over girl groups. Nmixx had a similar problem.

chaerifyyy

Band Manager
Website
redqueen2000.carrd.co
Credits
Dipsy
Christmas Lollipop
Apple White
Briar Beauty
all that effort and training to sound boring and look boring. But in the same breath BTS, TXT, Enhypen and Seventeen are out here with banger after banger? Amazing outfit, meaningful group names, entertaining MV's, unique visuals and top tier songs to back it up. Smth ain't right. Companies are always looking to f*ck over girl groups. Nmixx had a similar problem.
EXACTLY
sometimes it seems like the bgs get a higher budget than the ggs in the company tbh

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
EXACTLY
sometimes it seems like the bgs get a higher budget than the ggs in the company tbh
i think that depends on the company. it's more like the biggest money maker gets the higher budget. for example, twice is huge, so jyp gives them more frequent comebacks, more carefully produced songs, and higher mv budgets

chaerifyyy

Band Manager
Website
redqueen2000.carrd.co
Credits
Dipsy
Christmas Lollipop
Apple White
Briar Beauty
i think that depends on the company. it's more like the biggest money maker gets the higher budget. for example, twice is huge, so jyp gives them more frequent comebacks, more carefully produced songs, and higher mv budgets
that is true how ever i expected more from the song considering its their debut i thought the company would take it srsly and not treat as just another comeback you know

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
that is true how ever i expected more from the song considering its their debut i thought the company would take it srsly and not treat as just another comeback you know
true, true. i'm not surprised by hype giving them a mediocre song, tho for 2 reasons: 1, they're a gg under hybe. idc what they say, hybe cares less for ggs than they do bgs. and 2, it's hybe. bc of bts' fame, they can put out mediocre music and still make bank.

chaerifyyy

Band Manager
Website
redqueen2000.carrd.co
Credits
Dipsy
Christmas Lollipop
Apple White
Briar Beauty
true, true. i'm not surprised by hype giving them a mediocre song, tho for 2 reasons: 1, they're a gg under hybe. idc what they say, hybe cares less for ggs than they do bgs. and 2, it's hybe. bc of bts' fame, they can put out mediocre music and still make bank.
I agree cuz they got some members from izone and considering both have a HUGE fanbase internationally and in korea

ONF

☕️🫖
Staff member
iShop Manager
SNS Manager
Editor
V.I.P.
Website
rentry.org
Credits
✧ The Final Problem ✧
Peke J (Excalibur)
TLDR; Kpop fans are too quick to make assumptions and oftentimes shoot first and ask questions later (aka dragging people based on little context and they don’t bother looking into the matter)

I’m not sure if this counts as an opinion but I really dislike when kpop fans start attacking someone without looking for context. They see one bit of info and are quick to make assumptions and raise hell, especially with lesser known artists (or just anyone who isn’t their favorite), and the poor idol or whoever it is is getting ratio’d on their posts for doing nothing wrong 😭
The most recent example I’ve seen is Crav!ty’s All3n (censored just in case), who made a post related to the Children’s Day event on ASC. He dressed up as a photo of him as a baby to celebrate Children’s Day and posted it on Twitter, and if you look at the quotes on the post, most of them are berating him and making really nasty comments toward him. If they actually looked into the case, they probably wouldn’t be saying things like “he’s acting like this for a check” or “at his grown age? he needs to grow up and start acting like a man”. They think he’s dressing up as a child for attention, when in reality that’s not the case (and even then, many of the comments I’ve seen are inappropriate and even ableist).

Aeri <3

We infinite supernovas
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Website
all-my-girls.carrd.co
Credits
✧ Suho!! ✧
✧ Creamy Chanyeol ✧
✧ Aeon ✧
✧ Do Hanse ✧
TLDR; Kpop fans are too quick to make assumptions and oftentimes shoot first and ask questions later (aka dragging people based on little context and they don’t bother looking into the matter)

I’m not sure if this counts as an opinion but I really dislike when kpop fans start attacking someone without looking for context. They see one bit of info and are quick to make assumptions and raise hell, especially with lesser known artists (or just anyone who isn’t their favorite), and the poor idol or whoever it is is getting ratio’d on their posts for doing nothing wrong 😭
The most recent example I’ve seen is Crav!ty’s All3n (censored just in case), who made a post related to the Children’s Day event on ASC. He dressed up as a photo of him as a baby to celebrate Children’s Day and posted it on Twitter, and if you look at the quotes on the post, most of them are berating him and making really nasty comments toward him. If they actually looked into the case, they probably wouldn’t be saying things like “he’s acting like this for a check” or “at his grown age? he needs to grow up and start acting like a man”. They think he’s dressing up as a child for attention, when in reality that’s not the case (and even then, many of the comments I’ve seen are inappropriate and even ableist).
Totally agree on this like with the woojin case nobody said it was woojin the girl said "Idol with a woo" and people automatically assumed it was him there are so many woos out there but they choose him not to mention when he responded they mistranslated it on purpose to accuse him some more!

chaerifyyy

Band Manager
Website
redqueen2000.carrd.co
Credits
Dipsy
Christmas Lollipop
Apple White
Briar Beauty
Totally agree on this like with the woojin case nobody said it was woojin the girl said "Idol with a woo" and people automatically assumed it was him there are so many woos out there but they choose him not to mention when he responded they mistranslated it on purpose to accuse him some more!
I also feel like the woojin situation showed how toxic some stays were