Unpopular Opinion PDX101

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

cntrljinsung

Kpop Groupie
Author
Website
kprofiles.com
Credits
I don't care for the babies of this season. Not age wise but the ones that acted like babies. If they were crying a lot on that wo-is-me mess they weren't my picks and it just annoyed me. I guess because I'm damn near 24 that I don't find all that crying and complaining cute. Plus some of that "cute" stuff they try to pull is just cringy to me across the board of all Kpop (unless done sporadically not character based)

TangerineHongs

Kpop Fan
Credits
Luda
Juyeon
Donghyun
Youngmin
I'm honestly disgusted with Mnet's editing this season because of course they've been known for their poor screen time distribution but for them to straight up cut out Sunghyun's part in the Girls Girls performance??? When there was nothing wrong with it or him? It's one thing to cut out the JYP guy because at least there's a reason for it whether you think it's justified or not but Sunghyun???? There was no reason? He got 2nd place on his team and the audience loved him but when Mnet broadcasted they were like nah let's cut this part out! Not to mention the fact that amongst all of the already debuted idols they plugged everyone's groups but never even mentioned that Sunghyun is already from another group (an Mnet created group through Boys24 in fact) for whatever reason :')

Just in case anyone wanted to see the FULL performance of Girls Girls

Credits
Y
Seungmin
Jeong Sewoon
The way that Hyeongjun cried when he was ranked 3rd during the 1st elimination was quite “cute” like people would say but at the same time I cannot help but laugh at it, and yeah it was also quite cringey to me especially when he did/said the “aah..aah...aaandae” while wiping off his tears cracked me up everytime. I’m so sorry Hyeongjun 😂😂😂
I still love him though, and he’s also my ult bias now! :)
:omo:
But man I feel bad for laughing though

Last edited:

mashikyukyu

Maknae
Website
www.pinterest.ch
Credits
Dowoon
Seunghun
New
Woong
Minkyu didn't deserve to be in the top 20. I don't hate him but he was such a rookie to the trainee life. I can tell he was a fast learner and caught up quick to the other trainees when preparing for their performances, but he still wasn't ready to debut, therefore he shouldn't have gotten such a high ranking throughout the show (not just the finals). Ppl mostly supported him for his visuals but he is still pretty young so his movements are v awkward (hence The 7th Sense). Im not saying he doesn't deserve to debut, but that he should instead train more and that his spot should've gone to someone else on the show. I love the final X1 lineup and all, but i feel another trainee's talents were overlooked bc Minkyu took the spotlight sorry..

Credits
Y
Seungmin
Jeong Sewoon
Minkyu didn't deserve to be in the top 20. I don't hate him but he was such a rookie to the trainee life. I can tell he was a fast learner and caught up quick to the other trainees when preparing for their performances, but he still wasn't ready to debut, therefore he shouldn't have gotten such a high ranking throughout the show (not just the finals). Ppl mostly supported him for his visuals but he is still pretty young so his movements are v awkward (hence The 7th Sense). Im not saying he doesn't deserve to debut, but that he should instead train more and that his spot should've gone to someone else on the show. I love the final X1 lineup and all, but i feel another trainee's talents were overlooked bc Minkyu took the spotlight sorry..
I was thinking that too when I first saw him in the show. To be honest, I actually never liked him since he is still quite overrated, until a few weeks later I decided to look him up again on YouTube just to get to know him a bit better I guess. The thing that caught my attention while I was watching the videos was his personality and his very thoughtful words towards the hosts during the 1st episode. It really shows that he has that hardworking ability and determination, even though he felt very under pressure at the time during his team’s “Monday to Sunday” preparation for the performance. ❤️
Also, during the last elimination when he was saying his speech as well as his speech to Hyeongjun (when Minkyu said that he broke the promise to debut with him) broke my heart, and that made me began to appreciate him even more. Though I think he did improve quite a lot for a short period of time, but he just needs a lot more training time to work on his singing and dancing.
At the moment, his singing is very average since he tends to go a bit off tuned at times every time he sings but his dancing is not that great and pretty stiff.

mashikyukyu

Maknae
Website
www.pinterest.ch
Credits
Dowoon
Seunghun
New
Woong
I was thinking that too when I first saw him in the show. To be honest, I actually never liked him since he is still quite overrated, until a few weeks later I decided to look him up again on YouTube just to get to know him a bit better I guess. The thing that caught my attention while I was watching the videos was his personality and his very thoughtful words towards the hosts during the 1st episode. It really shows that he has that hardworking ability and determination, even though he felt very under pressure at the time during his team’s “Monday to Sunday” preparation for the performance. ❤
Also, during the last elimination when he was saying his speech as well as his speech to Hyeongjun (when Minkyu said that he broke the promise to debut with him) broke my heart, and that made me began to appreciate him even more. Though I think he did improve quite a lot for a short period of time, but he just needs a lot more training time to work on his singing and dancing.
At the moment, his singing is very average since he tends to go a bit off tuned at times every time he sings but his dancing is not that great and pretty stiff.
yes yes and yes !! his personality is very well-mannered which i think is why he was also loved among the trainees and his speech towards hyeongjun made me cry 😭
but since px101 ended, he's been doing a LOT of modeling for makeup and clothing brands so im glad that not only is he blossoming and developing into an experienced character, but that he's also preparing his fanbase even more while he matures (both physically and through his idol training). im sure that when he comes back, it'll be a v good comeback 😁

mashikyukyu

Maknae
Website
www.pinterest.ch
Credits
Dowoon
Seunghun
New
Woong
Mahiro and Jyunhao being eliminated from the show was for the better (despite both being the YG trainees), but they both already left that company a few weeks ago, and I’m very happy that they did! :D
even though i love them dearly, i also felt that they didn't have a chance compared to most trainees bc they weren't given good screentime and performance opportunities
but since they were eliminated, they got a lot of new fans and they are def more mature since they experienced all these events on the two shows they were in !! cant wait to see what they come up with in OUI ent, seokhwa included !!

Credits
Y
Seungmin
Jeong Sewoon
yes yes and yes !! his personality is very well-mannered which i think is why he was also loved among the trainees and his speech towards hyeongjun made me cry 😭
but since px101 ended, he's been doing a LOT of modeling for makeup and clothing brands so im glad that not only is he blossoming and developing into an experienced character, but that he's also preparing his fanbase even more while he matures (both physically and through his idol training). im sure that when he comes back, it'll be a v good comeback 😁
even though i love them dearly, i also felt that they didn't have a chance compared to most trainees bc they weren't given good screentime and performance opportunities
but since they were eliminated, they got a lot of new fans and they are def more mature since they experienced all these events on the two shows they were in !! cant wait to see what they come up with in OUI ent, seokhwa included !!
Same here! :D

piscesigh

Maknae
Website
twitter.com
Credits
Wooseok
Dean
Woodz
Jungwoo
♦ Yuvin deserved better. Suhwan deserved better.
♦ Crying did became annoying at some point but I can't really judge them? Like the stress, frustration and pressure they put on themselves must be awful, specially with that "we gotta make our family proud" and stuff. Sometimes there were some really strong situations where I completely understood that they cried, others looked like it was merely for the purpose of gaining votes, but the edition is also at fault.
♦ Some members... I just feel like the agencies did something for them to debut. I have one in mind and I genuinely love them, but the amount of screen time they got and what they showed... I just don't really know if it was really enough to move the audience to vote for them? But oh well.
♦ Remember the Nu'est W stages? Yeah well, <Dejavu> deserved to f*cking win, bye.
♦ Not to be mean but... Models... Are really... Bad options... So...

mashikyukyu

Maknae
Website
www.pinterest.ch
Credits
Dowoon
Seunghun
New
Woong
♦ Crying did became annoying at some point but I can't really judge them? Like the stress, frustration and pressure they put on themselves must be awful, specially with that "we gotta make our family proud" and stuff. Sometimes there were some really strong situations where I completely understood that they cried, others looked like it was merely for the purpose of gaining votes, but the edition is also at fault.
♦ Some members... I just feel like the agencies did something for them to debut. I have one in mind and I genuinely love them, but the amount of screen time they got and what they showed... I just don't really know if it was really enough to move the audience to vote for them? But oh well.
♦ Remember the Nu'est W stages? Yeah well, <Dejavu> deserved to f*cking win, bye.
okay but why models? i dont see a point bc they've taken the spots of other trainees who might've had a better chance to debut but nooo models took their spot smh
also forever a yuvinxsuhwan stan, we need a duo asap

Credits
Y
Seungmin
Jeong Sewoon
okay but why models? i dont see a point bc they've taken the spots of other trainees who might've had a better chance to debut but nooo models took their spot smh
You guys mean models as in both Timothee and Peak right?

Wait i dont know if peak is a model though..

piscesigh

Maknae
Website
twitter.com
Credits
Wooseok
Dean
Woodz
Jungwoo
IKR??? Like most of the models that went didn't even want to be idols, it just feels like the agencies sent them there to promote the brand but the stress they must have felt???? Jeez, fully heartless
AGREE, they were such amazing vocals, I absolutely love them

mashikyukyu

Maknae
Website
www.pinterest.ch
Credits
Dowoon
Seunghun
New
Woong
You guys mean models as in both Timothee and Peak right?
peak is actually a singer back in thailand but yes timothee and the other sm models (produce 101 season 2 models included)
dont get me wrong bc i rlly rlly rlly love yuri (im whipped for the man) but they've trained as models and they had v little experience as trainees, i feel SM had the upper hand and favoritism of Mnet above other trainees

mashikyukyu

Maknae
Website
www.pinterest.ch
Credits
Dowoon
Seunghun
New
Woong
IKR??? Like most of the models that went didn't even want to be idols, it just feels like the agencies sent them there to promote the brand but the stress they must have felt???? Jeez, fully heartless
AGREE, they were such amazing vocals, I absolutely love them
yesss !! like eugene included, he's an actor but suddenly went into px101!! not hate but please eugene, you still would've gotten a bigger fanbase from starring in other k-dramas
mnet, youre favoritism is showing :rolleyes: