My Bizarre Kpop Theories, Observations, and Predictions

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
I put a lot of work into this one, so I hope you read it and enjoy it!
This is also gonna be pretty long so....thanks even more if you read the whole thing.
42. Red Velvet started out as SM's way to cover up for other company scandals.
*This is no hate to Red Velvet. In no way am I saying that their only purpose is to distract from these scandals*
So I've noticed something with the timing of some of Red Velvet's releases and other SM scandals. Which is what makes me believe that SM uses Red Velvet to distract from other problems within SM groups or the company itself.
I'm gonna give my evidence chronologically:
1. Taeyeon and Baekhyun Dating and Red Velvet Debut
If you didn't know, Taeyeon of SNSD and Baekhyun of EXO were revealed to be dating for roughly 4 months on June 16th, 2014. They continued to date until September 15th, 2014 when they broke up due to busy schedules and naturally growing apart.
When the public found out they were dating there was a lot of outrage. Specifically EXO-Ls were brutal towards Taeyeon. They thought she was at fault because she was older and had been in the industry much longer than Baekhyun.
I'm sure the underlying reason they were mad was because they were upset that they could no longer view Baekhyun as their own boyfriend...lol.
So what does this have to do with Red Velvet?
Well if you stan them you would know the group debuted on August 1st, 2014.
Now you might think, that's almost 2 months, the dating scandal and the debut are completely unrelated. Well here me out.
Even though the months of June and August are 2 months apart, it is a shorter period in this situation based on the dates.
To be exact, the number of days between the two instances is 46 days, or 1 month and 16 days...
I would expect there to be at least a little time in between dates, as you can't just whip out a debut in a week.
I think SM saw the bad press and thought, we need a distraction. Especially one that would take the place of an SM girl group in fans' minds.
So they debut a girl group, Red Velvet.
I think this is also why Yeri was not automatically in the group. She was probably ready to debut for the time that was originally planned, 7 months later in March of 2015. However, there was some kind of factor which made it so she was not ready to debut when the scandal called.
Considering how much backlash SM and the group got when Yeri debuted, I think they would have preferred to avoid the situation and just debut them together.
Their debut was exceptionally helpful in distracting from Taeyeon and Baekhyun with the MV scandal.
If you didn't know, there was some imagry in the 'Happiness' MV that depicted the World War 2 bombings of Japanese cities, Hiroshima and Nagasaki, as well as the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
Although having a scandal like this is not ideal, it is an easier job to fix then a dating scandal. SM had to simply edit the video and release an apology, and the world forgot about it. The same can not be done with a dating scandal.
2. Tao Leaves EXO+SM Files A Lawsuit Against SM and Red Velvet Comes Back with 'Ice Cream Cake'+Yeri Joins
Tao was the final of the 3 members that left EXO. He was absent during pretty much all 'Overdose' promotions in February of 2015 due to injuries and later in April his father posted a notice on Weibo about Tao's departure. He soon established his own agency a couple of months later where he officially filed his lawsuit for termination of his contract.
In addition, in February of 2015 SM filed a counter suit against Luhan for violating his contract before it could be broken via Luhan's own lawsuit.
He did something along the lines of modeling, and the payment did not go through SM, which is a violation of his contract.
SM is in hot water again. They lost another member, not to mention another Chinese member. So not only are fans mad that another member left, they are made at the way SM is treating their foreign idols.
SM filing a suit against Luhan is making them look even more like the bad guys.
During this time the public painted SM like a company who treat their foreign idols like trash, and will make the pettiest of moves to assure their power over the situation.
So what do they do, they give Red Velvet a comeback.
In March of 2015, less than a month later, Red Velvet comes back with "Ice Cream Cake". The comeback itself distracted from the negative EXO attention, but Yeri's addition just drew more attention.
Although there was a huge outrage at Yeri's addition, it at least led the public away from Tao and Luhan.
It wasn't exactly good publicity, but it did not implicate SM in doing something bad, like with EXO's scandal.
3. Tao Files His Official Termination Lawsuit+Sulli Leaves f(x)+Court Battle Between SM and Kris&Tao and Red Velvet Releases First Full Album
In August of 2015 Tao officially filed his lawsuit against SM to terminate his contract. This brought back the public's criticism against SM that they treated their foreign idols horribly. With this lawsuit going into detail about the physical harm SM made Tao go through.
In August of 2015 Sulli (may she rest in peace) left f(x) after a hiatus. SM said it was because she wanted to pursue an acting career, but we later found out it was partly because of how SM had done absolutely nothing to protect her from hate comments.
Throughout the summer (June-August) of 2015 SM was battling in court against Luhan and Kris's lawsuits, and Kris and Luhan were battling against SM's counter suits. Like Tao's departure this again stirred up criticism against SM for the treatment of their foreign idols.
The combination of the multiple former EXO members lawsuits and contract disputes, in addition with the outrage over Sulli's departure and SM not doing anything ton protect her, called for another distraction, so we get a Red Velvet comeback.
Around a month later (early September 2015)it is announced the Red Velvet would be releasing their first full album "The Red", featuring the single 'Dumb Dumb'.
What is especially fishy about this is that the announcement of this album came 6 days before the release.
On social media, SM announced the album on September 3rd, 2015 and it was released on September 9th, 2015.
It would make sense if this was a single that was being released, or even a mini album, but this was not only a full album, but Red Velvet's first full album. There should have been way more than a week of teasers for "The Red".
Just look at NCT 127's "Neozone" album. In January of 2020 it was announced the full album would drop, 2 whole months before it actually did release.
After Red Velvet's 'Dumb Dumb' comeback I can't find any match releases and scandals. So, I am presuming that SM started to take Red Velvet's success and popularity as priority. At this point SM's major scandals had died down at least a little, so their comebacks serving as damage control was no longer required.

I hope you like this theory and that it made sense to you.
I try to make these easy but informational, and also enjoyable to read, so I hope I am doing that!💜
Building off of this theory:

49. SM is using the announcement of their new girl group to cover up Irene's rude scandal.
Now I have nothing against this new group, I'm actually rather excited for their debut! I just look to deeply into things cause I'm weird...

I think it's a bit strange that the announcement of this new group came only days after a huge scandal. SM has a history, as I explained, of using other groups to cover up other scandals within the company.
What makes this even more suspicious for me is the time they are debuting. Their debut date is sometime in November. That's super late for a group to debut, especially a Big 4 group. It will make their chances for winning any kind of rookie awards much slimmer due to limited exposure. This is why you see so many groups debut in the 1st, 2nd, or even early 3rd quarter of the year, it gives the company time to introduce the group to society and gain popularity before award season. Here are some examples of Big 4 groups and their debut dates:
Treasure=debuted early 3rd quarter
TXT=debuted 1st quarter
ITZY=debuted 1st quarter
NCT=debuted 2nd quarter
EXO=debuted 2nd quarter
Blackpink=debuted early 3rd quarter
Stray Kids=debuted 1st quarter
One exception is Twice that debuted in October, but they also came from a survival show, so it was planned.
I think it would be smarter of SM to debut them in January of 2021, which is only 2 months later, so not a huge waiting period. It would also give them more attention, as many of the popular groups will be taking a break because of end of the year performances. Which leads me to another theory I will add tomorrow!
So, I think they were planning to debut them early next year, but because of the gravity of this scandal, they just pushed in up like they did with Red Velvet.
And yeah, this is what makes me think that SM is using the announcement of aespa to try to cover up Irene's scandal.

Anyways stan aespa and look forward to their debut! This group is gonna be epic!! 💜

Last edited:

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
Theory number 50!!!!!
50. The best time to have a comeback is December/January.
Something I've noticed is that December and January tend to be pretty dry months in terms of comebacks. I mean look at February and October, there were dozens of them.
So why does this happen? Award Shows and End of The Year Performances
Many of the larger/more popular groups will be busy during this time attending and performing award shows and end of the year festivals.
There's MAMA, AAA, Gaon Chart Music Awards, GDA, and the many different Gayo concerts.
These are all very time consuming in terms of preparation and attending.
So, there is really no time for a group to prepare a comeback and promote it while also doing these big performances.
This is why it is best for smaller/unknown groups to have comebacks during this time. They are way more likely to win and gain attention from the public. Here are some examples:
Good Guy-SF9 (January 2020): SF9 released their first full album and ended up winning 3 times and for the first time!
All Night-ASTRO (January 2019): Astro got their first win with this song!
Golden Child-Wannabe (December 2019): Golden Child got their first win with this song (that really fucking slaps if I do say so myself)!
Chungha-Gotta Go (January 2019): Chungha got her first win with this song.
VIXX-Voodoo Doll (December 2013): VIXX won their first show with this iconic song!

This time period is an excellent time for a smaller group to get their first win, or for them to get a win in general. It's also a great time for groups to debut, as there are less of the popular groups performing on music shows during that time.
But it's all over once February hits. Example being the 6 billion comebacks of February 2020.

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
51. "Spring Day" and The Sewol Ferry Disaster
Recently there have been some talks of confirmation that BTS's arguably most successful song, "Spring Day" is about the Sewol Ferry Disaster. I have decided to a bit of analysis on the theory and see if it is possible.
First of all, what is The Sewol Ferry Disaster?
In April of 2014 a ferry that was traveling from Incheon to Jeju Island, sunk. Out of 476 passengers and crew, 304 died in the disaster. This includes 250 students from Danwon High School who were going on a field trip.
What makes this event even more abominable is the government's response.
It took an incredibly long time for there to be any search and rescue teams sent out, and they did a crap job of it when they got there.
The crew of the ferry were also very wrong in there actions. They told the passengers to stay where they are, which ended up killing them. They also escaped the boat first, to save themselves.
I'm not gonna go into any more detail as it is a very complex issue, so I recommend you learn more on your own.

On to "Spring Day'"
The song and music video has many different homages to the disaster.
1. The word "Spring" in the title could be a reference to when the disaster took place, in spring.
2. The lyrics describe missing a person so much, and longing for them.
The lyrics can also allude to a mourning process as the song transitions from winter to spring.
4. Yellow ribbons can be seen in the video. These ribbons were used as a symbol for remembering those that were lost.
DucGzC6VsAAMYQN.jpg

5. Jimin is seen standing in front of a body of water holding a pair of shoes, After the tragedy occurred, many people used these shows to remember what they had lost. The deceased had left their shoes before boarding the ferry.
1606164973-image.png

6. Jin recently confirmed the following: "It is about a sad event, as you said, but it is also about longing."
As there are very few other events that meet this criteria, it is almost certain that "Spring Day" is a tribute to the Sewol Ferry Disaster.

I'm so glad that they decided to do this. As someone who lost many people in a sort of similar manner, it's nice to see that people care.

lynch.

NOT EVEN GHOSTS ARE THIS EMPTY
Credits
User Title Change
User Title Change
✧ Emo Spongebob ✧
Username Change
18. Why are so many idols given animal counterparts?
So I was thinking about this recently and realized how many idols have nicknames that are animals, and I admit it's cute when fans or their members give an idol a nickname of an animal because they look like it or some other thing in common. I decided to compile all of the ones that I've seen:
Suga-BTS: Cat
Kihyun-Monsta X: Hamster (but he wants to be a shark)
Shownu-Monsta X: Bear
Hoshi-SVT: Hamster
Bang Chan-Stray Kids: Kangaroo
I.N-Stray Kids: Fennec Fox
Mark-NCT: Lion
Doyoung: Rabbit
Woojin-SKZ: Bear
Nayeon-Twice:Bunny
S.Coups-SVT: Camel
Lee Know-Stray Kids: Cat
Hyungwon-Monsta X: Turtle
Wonho-Monsta X: Rabbit
Han-Stray Kids: Squirell
Jungkook-BTS: Rabbit
Xiumin-EXO: Cat
Chen-EXO: Dinosaur...
Chenle-NCT: Dolphin (I think this is just cause of his scream)
Yuta-NCT: Lion
Joohoney-Monsta X: Bee
Sungjin-Day6: Bear
Haechan-NCT: Pudu
Jisung-NCT: Baby Chick
Woozi-SVT: Sting Ray
Yeji-Itzy: Fox and Toothless
Jae-Day6: Chicken (Little) lol I had to
DK-SVT: Horse
Joshua-SVT: Rabbit
Moonbin-Astro: Puppy Cat...idk
Jinjin-Astro: Mouse
Mingyu-SVT: Puppy
There are probably tons more but this is all I could think of at the moment, feel free to comment more.
It seems that cat, rabbit, and bear are the most common ones.
i read that and i immeadiaTELY REMEBERED THIS IMAGE I HAD SAVED-
I'M DYINGGGGG

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
This is just a random observation!
52. The main vocalists of groups are often one of the shortest members.
In my head I was going through a bunch of main vocalists in kpop, and I found a commonality. It seems like a majority of them are either the shortest in their group or are one of the shortest. I'm just gonna list them. If you know any more, feel free to comment them!
I'm putting a * when they are the shortest.

Wendy-Red Velvet*
Jihyo-TWICE
Taeyeon-SNSD
Baby Soul-Lovelyz*
Minah-Girls Day*
Chen-EXO
D.O-EXO
Kihyun-Monsta X*
Jinho-Pentagon*
Hui-Pentagon
Sungwoon-Wanna One*
MJ-ASTRO
Haeyoon-Cherry Bullet*
Jinwhan-iKON*
Jinwoo-Winner*
Taeyang-Big Bang*
Lia-ITZY*
Ningning-aespa*tie
Choa-AOA
Soobin-WJSN*
Jiwon-fromis_9*tie
Ahin-Momoland*
Jonghyun-SHINee* 💙
Hyojung-Oh My Girl*
Taeil-Block B*
Taeil-NCT 127*
Renjun-NCT Dream*
Xiaojun-WayV*
Eunkwang-BtoB*
Ryeowook-Super Junior*
Yedam-Treasure

Anyone else find this odd....

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
53. The reason an idol may not get recognition for a skill is a lack of position.
So I was watching some dance ranking videos on a channel I like, and I found a Loona one. I have never really watched their performances, so I only know who is good at what from talk on this forum. I was watching the video and was amazed and some of the girls' dancing skills.
It had me wondering, why do people not know about them? Why aren't they compared to other renowned gg dancers like Momo, Lisa, and Seulgi?
Initially I thought it was because Loona is not super well known, but then I thought about other groups.
Everglow is the best comparison I could find. They debuted roughly around the same time, they both have one win, and they both have lower popularity. They also have positions.
Yet if you were to ask most gg stans, they would know that Everglow's best dancers are Mia, E:U (and Onda 💜).
An argument could be made that Loona has double the members that Everglow has. So let's look at another example:
The Boyz. I couldn't find another applicable girl group, so yeah The Boyz.
The Boyz originally had 12 members (miss you Hwall), that's the same amount as Loona. They also have relatively the same popularity, maybe a little bit more for The Boyz. They also have positions.
I think most bg stans know at least one of their main dancers, Q or Juyeon.

So what's my point? I think the reason that members of groups like Loona don't get recognition for their skills is because of their lack of positions.
By giving an idol a position, they are being labeled by their company as being good at something. If you were to look at Red Velvet's positions without knowing the group at all, you could make the general assumption that Seulgi is the best dancer. Knowing this you could watch videos of her dancing and praise her for it.
With groups like Loona, they don't have positions. So when someone new to the group looks at their profile and sees 'vocalist or rapper or dancer' under every name, then they don't know who is better. You can really only know that for example Chuu is good at singing or Yves good at dancing by getting to know the group.
This could deter fans, and it takes longer for newer ones to get to the point where they can praise their idols.
I think that if Loona had been given positions, then the members would get a lot more recognition for their skills.
One big example: I think Yves would be compared to a lot of 3rd/4th gen main dancers. But that doesn't seem to happen.

The same can be said about TXT. They have no positions.
Sure the average fan knows that Taehyun is one of the better singers and Yeonjun is one of the better rappers/dancers.
Yet, I feel like they don't get the same recognition as other groups that do have positions. Like ATEEZ. Now they don't really have positions, but Jongho does have the Main Vocal label. I think people praise his vocals more than Taehyun because they have something to base their opinion off of.
On another note, I think when the idols do have a position, it serves as a fall back for fans. If a stan says Jongho is the best vocalist in Ateez, a regular fan could be like 'sure, he's main vocal'. If someone were to say about TXT, I feel like there might be a bit more difficulty defending the statement.

This same opinion of mine can be applied to other groups like:
-Treasure
-Ateez (partially)
-Rocket Punch
-and even Oneus to a degree (it's hard to explain that, but if you are a to moon you know what I mean)

And that's all!

**Also, in no way am I saying these groups or the idols in them are bad because they don't have positions. On the contrary, I think they deserve recognition.**

K-fan_2003

𝐿𝑜𝑜𝓀 𝒷𝒶𝒸𝓀 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓈𝓂𝒾𝓁𝑒, 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝓌𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝒹 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈
Credits
User Title Change
ON/OFF
Chocolate Cupcake
Ok Part 2:

4. Woojin Left Stray Kids because he broke the dating ban in his contract.
As a Stay hearing about Woojin's departure was incredible surprising and saddening. I think I refreshed the page half a dozen times because it was just so out of the blue.
This is one of the main reasons why I think Woojin left.
If Woojin had left the group due to some type of injury/illness he would have gone on hiatus.
-For example Hwall from The Boyz left around the same time but it was because of a reoccurring ankle injury that he had previously taken a hiatus for.
Woojin also did not limit any of his activities due to a condition like Han did during Levanter promotions due to anxiety and Seungmin due to the flu.
Woojin's activities with Stray Kids were very consistent as well.
They had just finished the promotions for 'Double Knot' where Woojin preformed beautifully, he wasn't holding back at all.
Woojin also seemed to be having a really good time during promotions, on and off stage.
Another thought I had to why Woojin would want to leave is his lack of lines/center/screen time.
the music that Stray Kids releases is very rap and beat/edm heavy, leaving Woojin, the Main Vocalist, with very few times to shine on promotional stages. What made me believe this theory even more was that Seungmin, Han, Bang Chan, Lee Know, and I.N, who all have a lead vocal/vocalist position, would be getting more or the same amount of lines in title tracks.
I thought maybe Woojin left because he got tired of not getting to sing, but I don't think JYP would have allowed this as an excuse to cancel his contract, which is incredibly difficult to do.
Therefore it seems the only reason Woojin got pulled from the group was because he violated something in his contract, which I believe is the dating ban.
*If you didn't know JYP puts a 3 year dating ban in each of his idols contracts so that they can focus on their work*
Another aspect which increased my belief in this theory was that the press release by JYP about Woojin was practically identical to the one about Junhyeok, who was a former member of Day6.
Here is JYP's release about Woojin:
“Woojin, who has been a member of Stray Kids, has left the team and terminated his contract due to personal circumstances. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused many fans.”
And here is the one about Junhyeok:
"Junhyeok, who had been working together with DAY6 until now, has decided to leave the group and his contract for personal reasons,
The reasoning given by JYP is "personal circumstances/reasons" nearly identical.
When Junhyeok later went on the survival show 'The Unit' it was revealed that he had been kicked out of Day6 for dating someone and giving the private info about Day6.
Because of the similarities in this situation and because of the lack of signals/clues before Woojin left I believe that it was because he broke the dating ban.
However I could be completely false and the only people who can really tell us the truth are Woojin and JYP.

5. YG Entertainment is trying to replicate their success.
I think it is well known in the kpop world that YG created Blackpink because he wanted to make a prettier version of 2NE1, that just happened to disband that same year.
There is even proof that Blackpink's song 'Don't Know What To Do' was originally meant for 2NE1.
Even the members have similarities.
CL=Jennie-Both Main Rappers who have a kind of badass concept to them.
Park Bom=Rose-Both Main Vocalists with similar sounding voices.
Minzy=Lisa-Both Main Dancers, Lead Rappers, and Maknas of the group
Dara=Jisoo-both visuals and vocalist who don't get as many lines

I found this recreation of a group even more in iKON and Big Bang.
YG himself has said himself that Jay is the new Taeyang.
Jay=Taeyang-Both Main Vocalist and have a dance position of the group, they are both the shortest members, and their singing voices are incredibly similar.
B.I=G-dragon-They both have a rap position and they are both the main producers of the group.
June=Daesung-The vocal tone is incredibly similar between these two, and the same can be said with T.O.P and June.
DK=Seungri-In no way am I saying that DK did the shit that Seungri does but they both happen to be Main Dancers and vocalist with similar voices tones as well. They are also both in the Maknae line.
I feel like YG does this from a business standpoint. He knows what works (Big Bang and 2NE1) and so he replicates it and improves on it.
This is a really smart business strategy however I feel like it leads the members to lack individuality.

6. Each group has a member who is the prime bullying victim and it makes me sad.
When I first started stanning The Boyz I was looking up New on youtube because I found him interesting and saw him as a potential bias. However I felt really sad to see videos in the results that had titles like '15 Minutes of The Boyz Bullying New" or "The Boyz Showing Their Love for New" that last one is sarcastic.
I feel so bad for these members that are always the ones to get picked on, cause I know it is good natured, but sometimes I wonder if they really feel hurt by it.
I'm also curious if this was a role given by the company to these members, but that is a theory for another time.
There are also different degrees of bullying, I think the most I've seen it happen is with New and Yesung of Super Junior.
Here is my list of who I think if the most bullied in the group:
The Boyz=New
Monsta X=Kihyun
NCT 127=Doyoung
NCT Dream=Jeno
Super Junior=Yesung
EXO=D.O and Tao (my OT12 heart)
BTS=Jimin
Stray Kids=Changbin
Astro=JinJin
Ateez= Seonghwa
Seventeen= Mingyu
Twice=Nayeon
iKON=Jinhwan
Day6=Wonpil
Got7=Mark
WayV=Kun
TXT=Soobin
There's probably more but this is all I can think of at the moment.

that is all for today
stay tuned for more of my weird ass thoughts and theories
I miss ot12

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
54. Giant Maknaes
I was thinking about it a lot, and there seems to be a lot of maknaes who are the tallest member of their groups. There is also a tendency for the oldest/leader to be the shortest, but that's for another day.
Here is my list of maknaes who are the tallest in their group!
-Yugyeom (Got7)
-Tzuyu (TWICE)
-Yuna (ITZY)
-Jisung (NCT Dream/NCT)
-Wonyoung (IZ*ONE)
-Guanlin (Wanna One)
-Dohyon (X1 and Bae173)
-Hyunsuk (CIX)
-Hayoung (Apink)
-Sanha (Astro)
-May (Cherry Bullet)
-Eunbin (CLC)
-Karin (Elris)
-Suzy (Miss A)
-Hyuk (Vixx)
-Chan (A.C.E)
-Zelo (BAP)
-Sungjae (BtoB)
-Bomin (Golden Child)
-Wooseok (Pentagon)
-Kyuhyun (Super Junior)
-Jaehyeong (The Rose)
There is probably more, but this trend is so odd...

fishstiks__

Kpop Groupie
Website
fishstiks.carrd.co
Credits
Cya
Hongjoong
YangYang
Harin
54. Giant Maknaes
I was thinking about it a lot, and there seems to be a lot of maknaes who are the tallest member of their groups. There is also a tendency for the oldest/leader to be the shortest, but that's for another day.
Here is my list of maknaes who are the tallest in their group!
-Yugyeom (Got7)
-Tzuyu (TWICE)
-Yuna (ITZY)
-Jisung (NCT Dream/NCT)
-Wonyoung (IZ*ONE)
-Guanlin (Wanna One)
-Dohyon (X1 and Bae173)
-Hyunsuk (CIX)
-Hayoung (Apink)
-Sanha (Astro)
-May (Cherry Bullet)
-Eunbin (CLC)
-Karin (Elris)
-Suzy (Miss A)
-Hyuk (Vixx)
-Chan (A.C.E)
-Zelo (BAP)
-Sungjae (BtoB)
-Bomin (Golden Child)
-Wooseok (Pentagon)
-Kyuhyun (Super Junior)
-Jaehyeong (The Rose)
There is probably more, but this trend is so odd...
ive been missing these ;-;

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
This is more of an observation but:
26. Twice uses pretty much the same structure in most of their title tracks.
Yeah so I've noticed that with most of Twice's title tracks they tend to be constructed in the same way. I've decided to compile my data. I will be going over similarities and listing the title tracks that use the method. The tracks I will include are: Like Ooh-Aah, Cheer Up, TT, Knock Knock, Likey, Heartshaker, What is Love?, Yes or Yes, Dance the Night Away, Signal, Feel Special, and Fancy. 12 tracks I will then rank out of 12.
Also in no way am I calling Twice unoriginal or anything, there songs are amazing, and they are insanely popular so this structure must be working.
1. Nayeon starts the song with about 3-9ish seconds of singing. Sometimes other members will be included.
-Cheer Up
-Fancy
-What is Love?
-TT
-Dance the Night Away
-Like Ooh-Aah
6/12

2. In at least 1 chorus Nayeon starts and Jihyo ends.

-Like Ooh-Aah
-TT
-Fancy
-Feel Special
-Yes or Yes
-Knock Knock
-Heartshaker
7/12

3. When Jihyo and Nayeon don't contribute at least once to the chorus it is either or both Tzuyu and Sana.

-Dance the Night Away
-Likey
-What is Love?
-Signal
4/5

4. The section where the music softens right before the 3rd chorus a part of it is sung by Mina.

-Cheer Up
-Like Ooh-Aah
-Knock Knock
-Signal
-Heartshaker
-Signal
-Dance The Night Away
-Fancy
8/12

5. Jeongyeon sings part of the chorus once and it is usually 2nd or 3rd.

-Feel Special
-Dance the Night Away
-Like Ooh-Aah
-Cheer Up
-TT
-Knock Knock
6/12

6. The there's rap part is in between the 2nd and 3rd choruses.

-Likey
-Feel Special
-Yes or Yes
-Dance the Night Away
-What is Love?
-Signal
6/12

7. Jihyo sings a highnote during the 3rd chorus.

-Like Ooh-Aah
-Cheer Up
-TT
-Knock Knock
-Heartshaker
-What is Love?
-Dance the Night Away
-Yes or Yes
-Fancy
9/12

8. Chaeyeong ends the main rap section.

-Fancy
-Yes or Yes
-What is Love?
-Likey
-TT
-Signal
-Like Ooh Aah
7/12

9. Sana gets a repetitive phrase at some point.

-Knock Knock
-Likey
-Cheer Up
-TT
4/12

Yeah that's all I got right now.
I was gonna look into who sang the bridges most frequently but my brain won't process anything anymore.
So I was thinking about this one and decided to both update it and kinda make a Twice song using structure! I will also end a 10th point.
I will be adding More&More, ICSM, and Cry for Me (even tho it isn't a comeback). So 15 songs total
1. Nayeon starts the song with about 3-9ish seconds of singing. Sometimes other members will be included.
-Cheer Up
-Fancy
-What is Love?
-TT
-Dance the Night Away
-Like Ooh-Aah
-More&More
-ICSM
-Cry for Me
9/15

2. In at least 1 chorus Nayeon starts and Jihyo ends.

-Like Ooh-Aah
-TT
-Fancy
-Feel Special
-Yes or Yes
-Knock Knock
-Heartshaker
-ICSM
8/15

3. When Jihyo and Nayeon don't contribute at least once to the chorus it is either or both Tzuyu and Sana.

-Dance the Night Away
-Likey
-What is Love?
-Signal
4/6

4. The section where the music softens right before the 3rd chorus (the bridge) a part of it is sung by Mina.

-Cheer Up
-Like Ooh-Aah
-Knock Knock
-Signal
-Heartshaker
-Signal
-Dance The Night Away
-Fancy
-I Can't Stop Me
-Cry For Me
8/15

5. Jeongyeon sings part of the chorus once and it is usually 2nd or 3rd.

-Feel Special
-Dance the Night Away
-Like Ooh-Aah
-Cheer Up
-TT
-Knock Knock
-ICSM
-Cry For Me
8/15

6. The rap part is in between the 2nd and 3rd choruses.

-Likey
-Feel Special
-Yes or Yes
-Dance the Night Away
-What is Love?
-Signal
-More&More
-ICSM
6/15

7. Jihyo sings a highnote during the 3rd chorus.

-Like Ooh-Aah
-Cheer Up
-TT
-Knock Knock
-Heartshaker
-What is Love?
-Dance the Night Away
-Yes or Yes
-Fancy
-ICSM
10/15

8. Chaeyeong ends the main rap section.

-Fancy
-Yes or Yes
-What is Love?
-Likey
-TT
-Signal
-Like Ooh Aah
-More&More
8/15

9. Sana gets a repetitive phrase at some point.

-Knock Knock
-Likey
-Cheer Up
-TT
-More&More
5/15

10. Mina Sings Second

-Cheer Up
-TT
-Fancy
-ICSM
-Cry For Me
-More&More
6/15

Generic Twice Song Structure:

Starting Verse=Nayeon
2nd Verse=Mina
Additional Verses by other members
Sana iconic line
Nayeon chorus
Jihyo chorus
more verses probably including Jeongyeon
Nayeon chorus
Jihyo chorus
or possible chorus swap
Dahyun Rap Part
Chaeyoung Rap Part
Mina starts the Bridge
Nayeon/Jihyo end bridge into high note
Jeongyeon chorus and Jihyo high note
Jihyo chorus
end

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
55. Why everyone called "Dive" by iKON a flop, but it wasn't.
I was relistening to "Dive" by iKON and started thinking, why does everyone call this a flop?
Take a listen for yourself. In my opinion this is such a bop!

Anyways, here is why I think it is labeled as a 'flop'.
Previous Releases
"Dive" was iKON's first comeback since B.I left the group in June of 2019. With their most prior release being "I'm Okay" in January 2019.
Although "I'm Okay" did not receive the amount of praise as some of their earlier releases, it was still respected and viewed as a good song. But the songs that came before "I'm Okay", damn.
In 2018 iKON released their album series "New Kids". These albums featured the legendary songs "Love Scenario", "Killing Me", and "Goodbye Road". All of these songs were critically and domestically acclaimed. "Love Scenario" being the most successful.
This song won iKON numerous awards including song of the year at The Golden Disc Awards.
And I'm gonna be totally honest, it should have won SOTY at MAMA that year. No shade to TWICE, "What Is Love?" is my favorite song of their's. However, I don't think it has that long lasting power that "Love Scenario" and some of the other nominees did (ehem "Shine" anyone).
With all of this success that this series of albums gained, the world was expecting a very high rate of excellence. Expectations that would be too high for anyone.
So when "Dive" came out and it wasn't as good as their 2018 releases, people quickly switched to the other extreme. Instead of saying "Hey it's not as good as their other songs, but it's still amazing" people hated on it and called it a huge flop.
Sure it didn't win any music shows. But we also have to consider that "Dive" came out the same time as about a dozen other songs from huge groups. Y'all remember this February right? There were 20 million comebacks, one of them being "Dive".

B.I
I am not blaming Hanbin for how "Dive" was perceived, more how people reacted to what happened.
B.I left the group because of wanting or having bought illegal drugs. This would already deter people from wanting to support iKON anyways.
B.I was also one of the more popular members of the group. So his departure meant the departure of many solo and casual stans.
This became even more of an issue due to the fact that Hanbin produces and write the majority of iKON's discography. People thought without their producer, what is iKON?
Even though it was revealed that Hanbin did have a hand in the creation of "Dive", it wasn't enough.
Some people simply couldn't see iKON without B.I. So they acted like they didn't exist and disregarded their activities.

Hiatus
Although not as prominent an issue as the previous 2 topics, their hiatus could have played a hand in this "Dive" hate.
A period of over a year passed between "I'm Okay" and "Dive".
When large hiatuses like this happen people tend to lose their drive to pay attention to the group. Stans might not feel like theyv are getting anything out of stanning due to a lack of content (not me 😊).
This could become a problem in the future when iKON does decide to come back. It has been nearly a year since "Dive" dropped, so people have begun to pretend iKON doesn't exist.

Anyways, stan iKON, and stream "Dive". It is truly a great song. And the bsides from the album like "Flower" and "Holding On" are also exceptional.
Please support them when they have their next comeback. Due to their activity on SNS, I think that they will be making a return quite soon!
I'm tagging the only other iKONIC on here lol @kiwihwan

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
56. I feel like "I Can't Stop Me" is missing something...
This is more of an observation/confusion/critique. I didn't know where else to put it.

The first time I listened to TWICE's "I Can't Stop Me" I was shocked, but not because of the quality of the song. It was because of how quickly the song went into the first chorus.
The song begins with 2 verses (Nayeon and Mina) and then jumps straight into the prechorus (Sana, Chaeyoung, Jeongyeon).
At first listen I thought that the prechorus was part of the initial verses. But then boom chorus.
It sounds more natural going into the 2nd chorus because the rap part is easier to distinct from the prechorus.
Twice songs and songs in general tend to have much longer prechoruses or first verses.
For example:
Fancy's first verses include parts by Nayeon, Mina, Jeongyeon, and Momo. Fancy's verses by itself make up the verses and prechorus of ICSM.
Then the prechourus has Sana's iconic 'ice cream' part and Tzuyu.
Twice usually follows a similar formula to this.
I think what also contributes to this feeling of confusion for me was the lack of tempo or vocal stylization that the verses have.
Usually you can easily distinguish between the prechorus and first verses. This is because the uptake in tempo building up to the chorus.
The prechorus and verses of "ICSM" are nearly indistinguishable. I even had to google what the prechorus was.

I think this also created the huge difference in line distribution. The verses and prechorus are typically sung by the members that don't sing in the chorus. If you want to get significant lines in a Twice song, you need to sing in the chorus.
These members (Everyone except Jihyo, Nayeon, and sometimes Jeongyeon) rely on the verses and prechoruses to get some lines. With such restricted verses outside the chorus, they get less lines.
This could be why the line distribution looked like this:
1603824171-image.png

I'm not saying the song is bad or wrong. It's just unsettling to me. I felt like I was slingshotted into the chorus, and not in the good way.
The song I feel like just needed more re-introduction, which would give the other members more lines.

*I always mean to not write whole ass essays...but then I do lol*

lynch.

Credits
User Title Change
User Title Change
✧ Emo Spongebob ✧
Username Change
56. I feel like "I Can't Stop Me" is missing something...
This is more of an observation/confusion/critique. I didn't know where else to put it.

The first time I listened to TWICE's "I Can't Stop Me" I was shocked, but not because of the quality of the song. It was because of how quickly the song went into the first chorus.
The song begins with 2 verses (Nayeon and Mina) and then jumps straight into the prechorus (Sana, Chaeyoung, Jeongyeon).
At first listen I thought that the prechorus was part of the initial verses. But then boom chorus.
It sounds more natural going into the 2nd chorus because the rap part is easier to distinct from the prechorus.
Twice songs and songs in general tend to have much longer prechoruses or first verses.
For example:
Fancy's first verses include parts by Nayeon, Mina, Jeongyeon, and Momo. Fancy's verses by itself make up the verses and prechorus of ICSM.
Then the prechourus has Sana's iconic 'ice cream' part and Tzuyu.
Twice usually follows a similar formula to this.
I think what also contributes to this feeling of confusion for me was the lack of tempo or vocal stylization that the verses have.
Usually you can easily distinguish between the prechorus and first verses. This is because the uptake in tempo building up to the chorus.
The prechorus and verses of "ICSM" are nearly indistinguishable. I even had to google what the prechorus was.

I think this also created the huge difference in line distribution. The verses and prechorus are typically sung by the members that don't sing in the chorus. If you want to get significant lines in a Twice song, you need to sing in the chorus.
These members (Everyone except Jihyo, Nayeon, and sometimes Jeongyeon) rely on the verses and prechoruses to get some lines. With such restricted verses outside the chorus, they get less lines.
This could be why the line distribution looked like this:
1603824171-image.png

I'm not saying the song is bad or wrong. It's just unsettling to me. I felt like I was slingshotted into the chorus, and not in the good way.
The song I feel like just needed more re-introduction, which would give the other members more lines.

*I always mean to not write whole ass essays...but then I do lol*
i 100% agree, Nayeon and Jihyo (and sometimes Jeongyeon) together get half of the song because they are the main/lead vocalists and usually have more lines and screen time, leaving the other members with less lines and screen time.
Cry For Me
ICSM
i think Nayeon Jihyo and Jeongyeon are all amazing vocalists, but they get most of lines and it isn't very fair to the other members. i know that they don't have control of the distribution and it's all decided by who fits the parts the best but still, i kinda want to see Sana sing the chorus like in Likey or What Is Love.

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
i 100% agree, Nayeon and Jihyo (and sometimes Jeongyeon) together get half of the song because they are the main/lead vocalists and usually have more lines and screen time, leaving the other members with less lines and screen time.
Cry For Me
View attachment 42933
ICSM
View attachment 42934
i think Nayeon Jihyo and Jeongyeon are all amazing vocalists, but they get most of lines and it isn't very fair to the other members. i know that they don't have control of the distribution and it's all decided by who fits the parts the best but still, i kinda want to see Sana sing the chorus like in Likey or What Is Love.
Yeah their distributions will always be like this, sadly.
I wish in songs that it's Jihyo and Nayeon singing the chorus and adlibs, that they didn't get other verses.
Like in ICSM both Nayeon and Jihyo get additional verses that could have been given to other members.
It wouldn't make a huge difference, but it would do something.

lynch.

Credits
User Title Change
User Title Change
✧ Emo Spongebob ✧
Username Change
Yeah their distributions will always be like this, sadly.
I wish in songs that it's Jihyo and Nayeon singing the chorus and adlibs, that they didn't get other verses.
Like in ICSM both Nayeon and Jihyo get additional verses that could have been given to other members.
It wouldn't make a huge difference, but it would do something.
definitely, it would be a lot more fair to other members.

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
57. GOT7's split up can be attributed to JYP being a control freak.
*This theory in no way is me implying that what went down was the boys fault*

Since all of Got7 left JYP I have been thinking about specific reasons why. Besides of the mismanagement of course.
I came to a conclusion by comparing Got7 and TWICE. And I found a big difference.
Got7 engaged in their own solo activities and TWICE has not.
Everyone says JYP loves his girl groups, but what about Miss A. He kinda gave up on them and latched himself onto Suzy.
But what makes TWICE different is their lack of solo debuts or other unit projects. Twice has been a group for years. At this point they would be forming subunits and other members debuting solo. For example:
Blackpink (2016)-Jennie went solo in 2018 and Rose and Lisa are preparing to in 2021
Red Velvet (2014)-Irene&Seulgi subunit in 2020
Oh My Girl (2015)-Oh My Banhana subunit debuts in 2018 and YooA goes solo in 2020
Twice (2015)-Nothing
Companies will often use solo or subunit activities to highlight certain members, give others breaks, show a different concept, etc.
But Twice hasn't done anything. I think it would benefit them to at least do a subunit, as it's obvious that some of the girls need a break. They could also highlight members that often lose out on lines in Twice albums. (I'm personally hoping for a rap line unit)
The reason why I believe twice hasn't done this is that JYP is controlling. He has the nation's girl group in his company and what they are doing right now is bringing them success. He doesn't want to try something new and fail. I also think he doesn't want to end up with another Miss A, where 1 member becomes too popular.
I think he is scared that he will lose his biggest profit source, so he is controlling and tries to play it safe.

Got7 kinda did the opposite.
Jackson established his own subsidiary of JYPE called "Team Wang". Under his own label he had a lot more creative control then I think JYP would have liked.
Mark also had a solo debut under a JYPE subsidiary.
There is also the 2 subunits Jus2 and JJ Project. Both of these units contain JB, who is a very good song producer. So I'm sure he had a lot of control.
I think that when JYP saw that he was losing complete control of the group he gave up all together.

I think this is also why JYP tends to mismanage Day6 and Stray Kids. They create all their own music, so he feels a lack of control.
In addition, I think JYP thinks that these groups are less authentic as JYPE groups.
For him it's like because his name isn't on the song then it isn't a JYPE song.
Twice does contribute to the production of their songs, but not to the extent of these other groups.
I think JYP has either directly implied that he would let go of them if they went solo, or the girls have refused it themselves as they have seen what happened to their brother groups.
JYP needs to let his artists have more freedom and not feel like he has to control them all the time.
If he continues with this streak, I fear that any group that engages in similar actions to that of Got7 will meet the same fate.

Lee Rang •ㅅ•

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Hanse
Cya

Since all of Got7 left JYP I have been thinking about specific reasons why. Besides of the mismanagement of course.
I came to a conclusion by comparing Got7 and TWICE. And I found a big difference.
Everyone says JYP loves his girl groups, but what about Miss A. He kinda gave up on them and latched himself onto Suzy.
But what makes TWICE different is their lack of solo debuts or other unit projects. Twice has been a group for years. At this point they would be forming subunits and other members debuting solo. For example:
Blackpink (2016)-Jennie went solo in 2018 and Rose and Lisa are preparing to in 2021
Oh My Girl (2015)-Oh My Banhana subunit debuts in 2018 and YooA goes solo in 2020
Twice (2015)-Nothing
Companies will often use solo or subunit activities to highlight certain members, give others breaks, show a different concept, etc.
But Twice hasn't done anything. I think it would benefit them to at least do a subunit, as it's obvious that some of the girls need a break. They could also highlight members that often lose out on lines in Twice albums. (I'm personally hoping for a rap line unit)
The reason why I believe twice hasn't done this is that JYP is controlling. He has the nation's girl group in his company and what they are doing right now is bringing them success. He doesn't want to try something new and fail. I also think he doesn't want to end up with another Miss A, where 1 member becomes too popular.
I think he is scared that he will lose his biggest profit source, so he is controlling and tries to play it safe.

Jackson established his own subsidiary of JYPE called "Team Wang". Under his own label he had a lot more creative control then I think JYP would have liked.
There is also the 2 subunits Jus2 and JJ Project. Both of these units contain JB, who is a very good song producer. So I'm sure he had a lot of control.
I think that when JYP saw that he was losing complete control of the group he gave up all together.

I think this is also why JYP tends to mismanage Day6 and Stray Kids. They create all their own music, so he feels a lack of control.
In addition, I think JYP thinks that these groups are less authentic as JYPE groups.
Twice does contribute to the production of their songs, but not to the extent of these other groups.
I think JYP has either directly implied that he would let go of them if they went solo, or the girls have refused it themselves as they have seen what happened to their brother groups.
JYP needs to let his artists have more freedom and not feel like he has to control them all the time.
If he continues with this streak, I fear that any group that engages in similar actions to that of Got7 will meet the same fate.
THAT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE

Lee Rang •ㅅ•

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Hanse
Cya

Twice (2015)-Nothing

Also um
Jyp isn't the ceo anymore