My Bizarre Kpop Theories, Observations, and Predictions

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
41. Why I think Hansol left SM.
So if you didn't know Hansol is a member of the boy group Newkidd. Before he was also a contestant on The Unit and ranked 6th, meaning he got to promote with the resulting male group UNB. Check out Black Heart, Feeling, and Only One they are certified bops.
Here's what he looks like if you were wondering:
jNt6O8nBg-jTGLB7Znimkda1Gzg384RDaMpOBpGbrVj1VAOhq4NFcSk7Lp5F681D7c1CRtUgdkU7eNezfRin3SNacWqiNZXcKfI=w1600-rj-nu-e365

However, before he joined Newkidd Hansol was an SM Rookie, and was in plans to debut with NCT.
Obviously now we know that he did not end up debuting with NCT. Instead he left ended his contract with SM in 2017 in order to join The Unit.
Now by the time Hansol left SM NCT had already debuted all of their units, but that doesn't mean he would have been added.
Johnny and Doyoung were added to NCT 127 in 2017 and Jungwoo in 2018.
There is also Lucas who joined NCT U in 2018 during 'Boss' era.

Hansol left SM around early-mid 2017, and was officially announced to have left in October. So he wouldn't have been added to 127 at the same time as Johnny and Doyoung. However, he could have been added later instead of Jungwoo or alongside Jungwoo.
I think Hansol got tired of waiting to debut, or when he was offered debut he was not satisfied with what his role would be in the group.
Let's take a look at Hansol's positions in Newkidd and UNB:
UNB: Lead Dancer, Vocalist
Newkidd: Main Dancer, Vocalist, Rapper, Visual, Center
Hansol is an idol who's predominant skill is dancing and being a visual.
I think if he was offered a position in NCT it would involve having very little lines. His dancing skill probably wouldn't be utilized as well in 127 or U because of Taeyong.
I don't know enough about Hansol to judge if his dancing skills are better than Taeyong's, but if they are I still don't think he would get much center/dance break time.
Taeyong is the center of NCT and when it comes to dance breaks he is often the one who takes the center, with Yuta and Mark occasionally mixing that up. So Hansol would not be able to show off his most valued skill.
There are also already 2 official visuals of 127, Taeyong and Jaehyun, so there is no guarantee that he would be highlighted in that aspect.
I think if Hansol was added to NCT 127 he would have a role similar to Johnny's with the visual aspect added.
If he was added to just NCT U, well then he would still be in the dungeon.

If I were him I would leave SM if I was being held back from debut time and time again.
Hansol had been an SM Rookie since 2013, and probably a trainee even longer than that.
I would feel like it would be unfair if I was in that situation and didn't debut.

So I think Hansol decided that his skilled would be more highly valued and used in a non SM group.
So he joined The Unit and got into UNB, but this group disbanded after a year, and even then he got few singing/rapping lines and was not viewed as even the #2 dancer with Feel Dog and Eunjin being seen as the Main Dancers.
With Newkidd he seems to be able to have his dance skill most valued. I don't know much more about his activities with Newkidd as I don't stan, but he is also Center and de facto Face of The Group.
When people think of Newkidd, the only member they usually know is Hansol, so he is reaching a level of popularity he may have never received in NCT.

I think it was best that Hansol left SM or denied any kind of joining of NCT if he would not be as valued as he wished.
I hope he can find success with Newkidd or any other future activities.

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
I put a lot of work into this one, so I hope you read it and enjoy it!
This is also gonna be pretty long so....thanks even more if you read the whole thing.
42. Red Velvet started out as SM's way to cover up for other company scandals.
*This is no hate to Red Velvet. In no way am I saying that their only purpose is to distract from these scandals*
So I've noticed something with the timing of some of Red Velvet's releases and other SM scandals. Which is what makes me believe that SM uses Red Velvet to distract from other problems within SM groups or the company itself.
I'm gonna give my evidence chronologically:
1. Taeyeon and Baekhyun Dating and Red Velvet Debut
If you didn't know, Taeyeon of SNSD and Baekhyun of EXO were revealed to be dating for roughly 4 months on June 16th, 2014. They continued to date until September 15th, 2014 when they broke up due to busy schedules and naturally growing apart.
When the public found out they were dating there was a lot of outrage. Specifically EXO-Ls were brutal towards Taeyeon. They thought she was at fault because she was older and had been in the industry much longer than Baekhyun.
I'm sure the underlying reason they were mad was because they were upset that they could no longer view Baekhyun as their own boyfriend...lol.
So what does this have to do with Red Velvet?
Well if you stan them you would know the group debuted on August 1st, 2014.
Now you might think, that's almost 2 months, the dating scandal and the debut are completely unrelated. Well here me out.
Even though the months of June and August are 2 months apart, it is a shorter period in this situation based on the dates.
To be exact, the number of days between the two instances is 46 days, or 1 month and 16 days...
I would expect there to be at least a little time in between dates, as you can't just whip out a debut in a week.
I think SM saw the bad press and thought, we need a distraction. Especially one that would take the place of an SM girl group in fans' minds.
So they debut a girl group, Red Velvet.
I think this is also why Yeri was not automatically in the group. She was probably ready to debut for the time that was originally planned, 7 months later in March of 2015. However, there was some kind of factor which made it so she was not ready to debut when the scandal called.
Considering how much backlash SM and the group got when Yeri debuted, I think they would have preferred to avoid the situation and just debut them together.
Their debut was exceptionally helpful in distracting from Taeyeon and Baekhyun with the MV scandal.
If you didn't know, there was some imagry in the 'Happiness' MV that depicted the World War 2 bombings of Japanese cities, Hiroshima and Nagasaki, as well as the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
Although having a scandal like this is not ideal, it is an easier job to fix then a dating scandal. SM had to simply edit the video and release an apology, and the world forgot about it. The same can not be done with a dating scandal.
2. Tao Leaves EXO+SM Files A Lawsuit Against SM and Red Velvet Comes Back with 'Ice Cream Cake'+Yeri Joins
Tao was the final of the 3 members that left EXO. He was absent during pretty much all 'Overdose' promotions in February of 2015 due to injuries and later in April his father posted a notice on Weibo about Tao's departure. He soon established his own agency a couple of months later where he officially filed his lawsuit for termination of his contract.
In addition, in February of 2015 SM filed a counter suit against Luhan for violating his contract before it could be broken via Luhan's own lawsuit.
He did something along the lines of modeling, and the payment did not go through SM, which is a violation of his contract.
SM is in hot water again. They lost another member, not to mention another Chinese member. So not only are fans mad that another member left, they are made at the way SM is treating their foreign idols.
SM filing a suit against Luhan is making them look even more like the bad guys.
During this time the public painted SM like a company who treat their foreign idols like trash, and will make the pettiest of moves to assure their power over the situation.
So what do they do, they give Red Velvet a comeback.
In March of 2015, less than a month later, Red Velvet comes back with "Ice Cream Cake". The comeback itself distracted from the negative EXO attention, but Yeri's addition just drew more attention.
Although there was a huge outrage at Yeri's addition, it at least led the public away from Tao and Luhan.
It wasn't exactly good publicity, but it did not implicate SM in doing something bad, like with EXO's scandal.
3. Tao Files His Official Termination Lawsuit+Sulli Leaves f(x)+Court Battle Between SM and Kris&Tao and Red Velvet Releases First Full Album
In August of 2015 Tao officially filed his lawsuit against SM to terminate his contract. This brought back the public's criticism against SM that they treated their foreign idols horribly. With this lawsuit going into detail about the physical harm SM made Tao go through.
In August of 2015 Sulli (may she rest in peace) left f(x) after a hiatus. SM said it was because she wanted to pursue an acting career, but we later found out it was partly because of how SM had done absolutely nothing to protect her from hate comments.
Throughout the summer (June-August) of 2015 SM was battling in court against Luhan and Kris's lawsuits, and Kris and Luhan were battling against SM's counter suits. Like Tao's departure this again stirred up criticism against SM for the treatment of their foreign idols.
The combination of the multiple former EXO members lawsuits and contract disputes, in addition with the outrage over Sulli's departure and SM not doing anything ton protect her, called for another distraction, so we get a Red Velvet comeback.
Around a month later (early September 2015)it is announced the Red Velvet would be releasing their first full album "The Red", featuring the single 'Dumb Dumb'.
What is especially fishy about this is that the announcement of this album came 6 days before the release.
On social media, SM announced the album on September 3rd, 2015 and it was released on September 9th, 2015.
It would make sense if this was a single that was being released, or even a mini album, but this was not only a full album, but Red Velvet's first full album. There should have been way more than a week of teasers for "The Red".
Just look at NCT 127's "Neozone" album. In January of 2020 it was announced the full album would drop, 2 whole months before it actually did release.
After Red Velvet's 'Dumb Dumb' comeback I can't find any match releases and scandals. So, I am presuming that SM started to take Red Velvet's success and popularity as priority. At this point SM's major scandals had died down at least a little, so their comebacks serving as damage control was no longer required.

I hope you like this theory and that it made sense to you.
I try to make these easy but informational, and also enjoyable to read, so I hope I am doing that! 💜

BL bro

Kpop Fan
Credits
Ok this is more of an observation but I really feel like TVXQ's Mirotic gives me Michael Jackson vibes. The way they sing and dance just give me all the vibes.

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
Ok this is more of an observation but I really feel like TVXQ's Mirotic gives me Michael Jackson vibes. The way they sing and dance just give me all the vibes.
I could totally be a Michael Jackson song. It would just have to be staccato and he would have to moonwalk during the high note lol

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
43. Each ITZY comeback is focused on one member.
This is no hate to the mentioned ITZY members. They don't get to pick how much screen time, lines, or center time they get. And they absolutely slay in these eras, so I couldn't blame them in the slightest, or JYPE.
They deserve the get this kind of attention, I am just pointing out a pattern.

Something I've noticed is that with each comeback that it's has, there is one specific member that is highlighted. They get a large amount of screen time (not always the most), have a significant portion of the lines, and a lot of center time. The music video's storyline also tends to follow that one member.
I'm going to go through each comeback and give who I think it is and my reasoning:

Dalla Dalla=Yeji
This is Yeji's era. She became the most famous member of the group during their debut and is pretty much the face of the song.
She also received quite high amounts of lines, screen time, and center time.
Now Yeji tends to get the most lines with each comeback as it is, and sometimes the most screen time based on how many lines she has, but Dalla Dalla is different.
Line Distribution:
As you can see here Yeji has the most lines of the song. And a drastic amount. 4.9% more then Lia.
If you look at the actual seconds, besides Lia, Yeji has nearly double the amount of lines as the other 3 members.
Screen/Focus Time:
Yeji also has the most solo/focus screen time in the music video for Dalla Dalla. She has 6.2 seconds to Lia who is second, and 17.04 to Chaeryeong who is last. She also has the most memorable screen/focus time. We can all remember her signature Dalla Dalla look. The spacebuns, white crop top thing, and back pants.
Center Time:
Yeji again has the most center time. She has 11.5 sec or 5.8% more than 2nd place, Lia.

I think it can be confirmed that this is Yeji's era. If you don't believe the numbers, then just watch the music video or a live stage, and you will know what I mean.

Icy=Yuna
This is Yuna's era for the same reason Dalla Dalla was Yeji's.
One difference is that Yuna does not get nearly as much screen time, lines, or center time as Yeji does. If you just look at the Dalla Dalla distributions above you can see she is ranked 3-4 position.
However, Icy was her era.
Line Distribution

Yuna does not have the most lines, or even second most, the difference is, is that she is a lead rapper and lead dancer. Based on position there would be nothing warranting her to have the most lines. Yeji and Lia sing the chorus of ITZY songs, of course they will be first.
The difference between Icy and Dalla Dalla is the difference in percentage between Yuna and Lia.
In Dalla Dalla the difference is 11.3%.
In Icy it is drastically less with 2.7%. Even compared to Yeji, she has more lines then the 11.3% between Lia and Yuna in Dalla Dalla.
Screen/Focus Time:
Again Yuna does not have the most screen/focus time, Yeji does. But by how much? Roughly 2 seconds.
In Dalla Dalla Yuna was 4th in screen/focus time. Here screen time was also the most memorable. I'm sure we can all remember her light up cup and her dancing on the roof.
Center Time:

Yuna has the most center time. With nearly 8 more seconds than Yeji, who has the most lines and screen time in Icy.

Wannabe=Ryujin
Ryujin has been constantly getting some of the least lines for each release so far. She does tend to get a good amount of screen time and center time, but this is also because her position in the group is as center.
Wannabe is different. I feel like I don't have to explain myself as her intro and shoulder move is iconic, and basically defines the whole era itself. However, I will still show my receipts.
Line Distribution

So she doesn't have the most lines, however compared to Dalla Dalla and Icy, in which she had the least, this is a drastic change. And deserved, she the main rapper, she should be getting more rap lines.
Screen/Focus Time

Ryujin has the most screen/focus time by a pretty large margin. Nearly a whole minute of this video is focused on Ryujin.
Center Time
So Yeji has the most lines, therefore she has a lot of center time. But second is still very good, considering the places she got center time were the most memorable parts of the song. The dance break, the intro, and the rap verse.

Why I think JYPE is doing this, and why I think it is a good idea.
By each member having an assigned era, he is making the comebacks more memorable in general. By placing one member at the center of everything, people will be able to associate the song easier with Itzy. It also helps to give the song an identity.
This tactic also helps to really show off each individual member. Having each member ingrained in your head will make them more popular and help them in the future with solo activities.
I think this is definitly not a good idea for groups bigger than 5, as it would take so long and a lot of members would be taking more of a backseat in each comeback that wasn't "there's".

Who is next?
So considering that Itzy is having a summer comeback, I think that Chaeryeong could be the next featured member, that is if they chose to proceed with this method.
Summer songs tend to be much more peppy and have less vocally difficult parts, so I think it would make sense if Lia had her moment during a winter or fall comeback, when releasing a more ballady song would be more probable. This would also help her to show everyone the amazing singer she is and to not have people constantly focusing on her dancing (ballad type songs tend to have less difficult choreography.
I'm also saying this because Chaeryeong is my bias and I want to see her have her moment. 😁

I hope you like this theory/observation.
Once again, I mean no hate to any of the members. I enjoy getting to see more and more...hehe... of each member.
I wouldn't stan ITZY if I didn't like this method JYPE is employing.
We will have to wait and see until they comeback if I am right!

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
45. Treasure's debut will mark a new era for YG, and here's why.
Something I have noticed while starting to stan Treasure, is how different they are from every other YG group. They don't fit the formula the company put in place. Here is a brief explanation of this formula.
-At least one member, usually the main vocal, of the group has a voice that would be considered different. Ju-ne of iKON, Rose of Blackpink, Taeyang of Big Bang, and Park Bom of 2NE1 are some good examples.
-The groups never exceed 7 members (iKON having the most)
-YG style of music tends to be quite rough and "swaggy" (ew I just said swaggy)
YG groups always follow this formula, but so far Treasure seems to be opposing this.
-They are a group with 12 members , nearly double the previous maximum size.
-They will probably have more than one main vocal based on the size of the group. The only absolute one to me is Bang Yedam, and his voice is almost opposite to that of a YG voice. It is a more normalized tone and is very melodic compared to another YG vocalist.
-Treasure has had 1 predebut release "Going Crazy". The song is also very different from a normal YG song, it's cute. Yes there is rapping in it, but it doesn't sound like rapping you would hear in a YG song. It almost sounds like an NCT Dream song

The reason I believe YG is breaking the pattern and branching out into the market is because of the popularity groups like Treasure and songs like "Going Crazy" have.
For example: Seventeen, PD101 groups, and NCT.
YG could also be trying to replicate Super Junior's success. Suju was Big Bang's biggest rival while both groups were at the peak of their activity. YG could think that this tactic can work. But overall, I think he is just reading the market, and trying something new that could broaden YG's applicability to kpop in general. I think this is smart and I'm interested in how YG plans to execute their debut and future activities. (YG better not screw Treasure over like they are/had with Blackpink.

But you know, I could be completely wrong, and they debut with a YG style song and concept. 🤷‍♀️
I'd still stan anyways!

I think this is my shortest theory/observation...it's a miracle!

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
46. ITZY and Stray Kids are completely opposite, in a way you wouldn't think.
What's the biggest difference you think of when it comes to ITZY and Stray Kids? Probably that one is a girl group and the other a boy group. However, I think there is a deeper separation between the two groups. To the point that it seems JYPE constructed these groups to be polar opposites.
What led me to develop this theory was a Dalla Dalla MV theory video on YouTube. The narrator said that it's interesting that in JYPE's 2 newest groups, the symbol of the elevator is heavily emphasized. I decided to take a deeper look into this thought and discovered a few things.
I will only be heavily covering "Dalla Dalla" and "Hellevator", even though they have used the imagery of an elevator in several music videos.

-Music Video Parallels
The music video for ITZY's debut with "Dalla Dalla" starts with the girls walking into a hotel elevator and pressing the button to send them up. The elevator, the girl's fashion, and the lighting of this scene is very bright and optimistic. They are entering this higher, and therefore better realm. A place where they can be themselves and feel free.
maxresdefault.jpg

In the music video for Stray Kid's (not exactly a debut but it was the song that really started their career) "Hellevator" contains an elevator which is very much opposite of that in "Dalla Dalla". It has bars on it, symbolizing the entrapment the boys feel. The buttons also only feature the option of "Hell". Above is just the word "elevator", implying the restriction of creativity in this world. This elevator was designed in terms of practicality, rather than luxury in ITZY's case.
original.png
1.jpg

-Lyric Parallels
ITZY's song "Dalla Dalla" which literally translates to something like "Different Different". Here are some important lyrics:

I'm busy doing what I want to do
My life, I will live my own way, don't stop me
Cause I'm special, yeah!

I don't care about what others think (Hey!)
I like my style, cause that's me (Hey!)

Don't care what people say, I know myself
I'm talkin' to myself, stay strong
Keep your head up and go after your dreams

All these lyrics have the same message, I want to be myself, nobody can try to get me to conform to the social norm, and I strive to do what I want.
On the other hand, in Stray Kid's song "Hellevator" the lyrics are quite different.

There’s nothing
No one to care or worry about me
Only cold words
Telling me to give up on my dreams
Those quitting words keep hitting my ear
Only despair grows
The hopeful sky only gets covered by other people’s hands

I’m trying to look for an exit
Take myself out from being trapped in the darkness
I’m fighting harder, run away from this place

These lyrics represent feelings of repression and loneliness. There is no sense of support to be themselves, and they lack the self confidence to do so. They are unable to push away those who are trying to make them 'normal'.

-Continuations into Discographies
So far, the major message of ITZY's songs has been pretty much the same thing as "Dalla Dalla". Self empowerment and being yourself. Stray Kids has more or less followed this path with songs like "District 9", "My Pace",
In songs like "Miroh" and "Side Effects", the story continues with the boys trying to fight out of this entrapment and escape.
With "Double Knot", "Levanter", and "God's Menu" they now are slowly becoming themselves and pushing away any opposition.

Final Thoughts:
I'm not sure the reasoning behind creating 2 contrasting story lines like this, but I did think of a deeper meaning to it.
We all know that JYPE prefer's girl groups over boy groups. It is one of the main issues Ahgases have with the company. I think that JYPE subconsciously included this contrast, of being trapped vs free, as it represents the way he would view the activities of the 2 groups. Stray Kids would be in the dark and claw their way to success, while ITZY would already be there at debut and would just have to shrug off the haters. And this is kind of true. One prime example is that it took Stray Kids several comebacks to get their first music show win, and it took ITZY less than 2 weeks. Of course there are other factors to take into account with this, but I think that it is an example that helps to represent the issue.
In no way am I hating on either group, I stan both of them, I am just pointing out facts and some connections I found.

I hope this theory made sense, and that you enjoyed reading it! 💜

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
43. Each ITZY comeback is focused on one member.
This is no hate to the mentioned ITZY members. They don't get to pick how much screen time, lines, or center time they get. And they absolutely slay in these eras, so I couldn't blame them in the slightest, or JYPE.
They deserve the get this kind of attention, I am just pointing out a pattern.

Something I've noticed is that with each comeback that it's has, there is one specific member that is highlighted. They get a large amount of screen time (not always the most), have a significant portion of the lines, and a lot of center time. The music video's storyline also tends to follow that one member.
I'm going to go through each comeback and give who I think it is and my reasoning:

Dalla Dalla=Yeji
This is Yeji's era. She became the most famous member of the group during their debut and is pretty much the face of the song.
She also received quite high amounts of lines, screen time, and center time.
Now Yeji tends to get the most lines with each comeback as it is, and sometimes the most screen time based on how many lines she has, but Dalla Dalla is different.
Line Distribution:
View attachment 29877
As you can see here Yeji has the most lines of the song. And a drastic amount. 4.9% more then Lia.
If you look at the actual seconds, besides Lia, Yeji has nearly double the amount of lines as the other 3 members.
Screen/Focus Time:
View attachment 29878
Yeji also has the most solo/focus screen time in the music video for Dalla Dalla. She has 6.2 seconds to Lia who is second, and 17.04 to Chaeryeong who is last. She also has the most memorable screen/focus time. We can all remember her signature Dalla Dalla look. The spacebuns, white crop top thing, and back pants.
Center Time:
View attachment 29879
Yeji again has the most center time. She has 11.5 sec or 5.8% more than 2nd place, Lia.

I think it can be confirmed that this is Yeji's era. If you don't believe the numbers, then just watch the music video or a live stage, and you will know what I mean.

Icy=Yuna
This is Yuna's era for the same reason Dalla Dalla was Yeji's.
One difference is that Yuna does not get nearly as much screen time, lines, or center time as Yeji does. If you just look at the Dalla Dalla distributions above you can see she is ranked 3-4 position.
However, Icy was her era.
Line Distribution
View attachment 29880

Yuna does not have the most lines, or even second most, the difference is, is that she is a lead rapper and lead dancer. Based on position there would be nothing warranting her to have the most lines. Yeji and Lia sing the chorus of ITZY songs, of course they will be first.
The difference between Icy and Dalla Dalla is the difference in percentage between Yuna and Lia.
In Dalla Dalla the difference is 11.3%.
In Icy it is drastically less with 2.7%. Even compared to Yeji, she has more lines then the 11.3% between Lia and Yuna in Dalla Dalla.
Screen/Focus Time:
View attachment 29881
Again Yuna does not have the most screen/focus time, Yeji does. But by how much? Roughly 2 seconds.
In Dalla Dalla Yuna was 4th in screen/focus time. Here screen time was also the most memorable. I'm sure we can all remember her light up cup and her dancing on the roof.
Center Time:
View attachment 29882

Yuna has the most center time. With nearly 8 more seconds than Yeji, who has the most lines and screen time in Icy.

Wannabe=Ryujin
Ryujin has been constantly getting some of the least lines for each release so far. She does tend to get a good amount of screen time and center time, but this is also because her position in the group is as center.
Wannabe is different. I feel like I don't have to explain myself as her intro and shoulder move is iconic, and basically defines the whole era itself. However, I will still show my receipts.
Line Distribution
View attachment 29883

So she doesn't have the most lines, however compared to Dalla Dalla and Icy, in which she had the least, this is a drastic change. And deserved, she the main rapper, she should be getting more rap lines.
Screen/Focus Time
View attachment 29884

Ryujin has the most screen/focus time by a pretty large margin. Nearly a whole minute of this video is focused on Ryujin.
Center Time
View attachment 29885
So Yeji has the most lines, therefore she has a lot of center time. But second is still very good, considering the places she got center time were the most memorable parts of the song. The dance break, the intro, and the rap verse.

Why I think JYPE is doing this, and why I think it is a good idea.
By each member having an assigned era, he is making the comebacks more memorable in general. By placing one member at the center of everything, people will be able to associate the song easier with Itzy. It also helps to give the song an identity.
This tactic also helps to really show off each individual member. Having each member ingrained in your head will make them more popular and help them in the future with solo activities.
I think this is definitly not a good idea for groups bigger than 5, as it would take so long and a lot of members would be taking more of a backseat in each comeback that wasn't "there's".

Who is next?
So considering that Itzy is having a summer comeback, I think that Chaeryeong could be the next featured member, that is if they chose to proceed with this method.
Summer songs tend to be much more peppy and have less vocally difficult parts, so I think it would make sense if Lia had her moment during a winter or fall comeback, when releasing a more ballady song would be more probable. This would also help her to show everyone the amazing singer she is and to not have people constantly focusing on her dancing (ballad type songs tend to have less difficult choreography.
I'm also saying this because Chaeryeong is my bias and I want to see her have her moment. 😁

I hope you like this theory/observation.
Once again, I mean no hate to any of the members. I enjoy getting to see more and more...hehe... of each member.
I wouldn't stan ITZY if I didn't like this method JYPE is employing.
We will have to wait and see until they comeback if I am right!
GUYS ONE OF MY THEORIES COULD BE RIGHT!!
In the theory I'm quoting I reference that each member of ITZY seems to have their own designated comeback. I theorized that Chaeryeong would be next, since this is a summer comeback and that fits well with her personality. It would also make sense for Lia's to be in the winter because the track would probably be more ballad based.
Wellll, JYPE dropped a group teaser image for ITZY's newest comeback "Not Shy", and I noticed something interesting.
1596383053-tz.jpg

Initially I thought I was wrong because she was in the back, but if you look closely she is the only one looking at the camera. There is no way they would release this photo if that were an error, because people like me make theories. I think putting her in the back was also strategic. It is emphasizing that she has watch and power over the entire scene. Placing her outside of the line the rest of the members are making also proves this.
Now this could totally be reaching and I could be very wrong. But when I can find the tiniest bit of info to support one of my theories, especially when it has to do with one of my biases, I will analyze the shit outta it. Lol I sound like a lunatic raving about aliens.
Also, her bangs!

🎀♡RYU♡🎀

♡💭ʏᴏᴜ’ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴄʜᴇᴍɪᴄᴀʟ ʜʏᴘᴇ ʙᴏʏ💭♡
Staff member
Credits
✧ Atsushi Sakurai ✧
Kakucho
Imaushi Wakasa
Madarame Shion
GUYS ONE OF MY THEORIES COULD BE RIGHT!!
In the theory I'm quoting I reference that each member of ITZY seems to have their own designated comeback. I theorized that Chaeryeong would be next, since this is a summer comeback and that fits well with her personality. It would also make sense for Lia's to be in the winter because the track would probably be more ballad based.
Wellll, JYPE dropped a group teaser image for ITZY's newest comeback "Not Shy", and I noticed something interesting.
1596383053-tz.jpg

Initially I thought I was wrong because she was in the back, but if you look closely she is the only one looking at the camera. There is no way they would release this photo if that were an error, because people like me make theories. I think putting her in the back was also strategic. It is emphasizing that she has watch and power over the entire scene. Placing her outside of the line the rest of the members are making also proves this.
Now this could totally be reaching and I could be very wrong. But when I can find the tiniest bit of info to support one of my theories, especially when it has to do with one of my biases, I will analyze the shit outta it. Lol I sound like a lunatic raving about aliens.
Also, her bangs!
Can we talk about Ryujin's outfit for a moment though? 👀

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
Here's a small observation/discovery of similarities.
47. The past 3 girl groups to debut under SM each have at least one bizarre song.
I have discovered that SNSD, f(x), and Red Velvet all have something in common. They all have at least one song in their discography that can be deemed as weird or strange. This song also tends to be either loved or hated by the kpop community.
I'm only gonna mention 1 song per group, but I'm sure there are tons more.
Also keep in mind that weird/bizarre does not equal bad. I love each of the songs I will be mentioning.
SNSD-"I Got A Boy"
The arrangement of the song and random changes in rhythm say it all I guess. It's such a bop though.
f(x)-"Red Light"
f(x) has a very diverse discography, but I gotta say this one really takes the cake. I didn't like it at first, but now it's on my favorites list.
Red Velvet-"Zimzalabim"
Red Velvet also has many other songs that could fit this criteria, but Zimzalabim is just a whole 'nother animal. I also used to hate this song, but now it's my favorite Red Velvet song.

Thanks for reading my weird analysis thingy!

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
Hey friends it's been a while!
48. The next trend in kpop is going to be retro/90s.
These past couple of years it seems that many comebacks have followed a trend of dark, girl/boy crush, badass, and edgy styles.
Some examples:
-Boombayah-Blackpink
-Punch-NCT 127
-Bad Boy-Red Velvet
-Obsession-EXO
-Wonderland-Ateez

And many more.
I've noticed recently that there has been a decrease in these darker concepts and an increase in more bright, retro ones.
I have specifically been seeing a lot of songs that have a 90s vibe to them.
Some examples:
-La Di Da-Everglow
-Dynamite-BTS
-TXT's upcoming comeback
-Alien-Lee Suhyun
-Left and Right-Seventeen

I think that this is going to be a dominant trend in kpop, in addition to the more mature concepts we are seeing mostly in girl groups.

🎀♡RYU♡🎀

♡💭ʏᴏᴜ’ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴄʜᴇᴍɪᴄᴀʟ ʜʏᴘᴇ ʙᴏʏ💭♡
Staff member
Credits
✧ Atsushi Sakurai ✧
Kakucho
Imaushi Wakasa
Madarame Shion
Hey friends it's been a while!
48. The next trend in kpop is going to be retro/90s.
These past couple of years it seems that many comebacks have followed a trend of dark, girl/boy crush, badass, and edgy styles.
Some examples:
-Boombayah-Blackpink
-Punch-NCT 127
-Bad Boy-Red Velvet
-Obsession-EXO
-Wonderland-Ateez

And many more.
I've noticed recently that there has been a decrease in these darker concepts and an increase in more bright, retro ones.
I have specifically been seeing a lot of songs that have a 90s vibe to them.
Some examples:
-La Di Da-Everglow
-Dynamite-BTS
-TXT's upcoming comeback
-Alien-Lee Suhyun
-Left and Right-Seventeen

I think that this is going to be a dominant trend in kpop, in addition to the more mature concepts we are seeing mostly in girl groups.
Would (G)-Idle's Uh Oh fall under the 90s retro vibe? The whole video reminded me of the 1990s r&b hip hop videos that used to play on MTV.