My Bizarre Kpop Theories, Observations, and Predictions

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jenosimp

johnny su(h)premacy
Credits
Cherries
Heart Jewel
Pink Rose
Chocolate Strawberry
Yeah it's sad, my first thought when I saw the title for 'Ridin' was that it was an unused 127 track. Can't they just mix up the concepts, they are SM Entertainment they have tons of money to do so.
ikr? both groups can go for a cool, badass concept without doing the same thing, sm didn't even bother to make the outfits look different

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
This theory is not originally mine, I saw it in this video, but I wanted to expand upon it!
32. SM Entertainment doesn't prioritize music show wins and other major awards.
We all like to think that kpop companies care about their idols first and foremost, but this is true but not for the reason you think. Companies care about the idols because their activities lead to them becoming wealthier. When an idol wins a music show or an aqard they don't really get any kind of monetary prize, it's more of the prestige that is won. Usually companies will want their idols to win music shows, and awards while also getting money from sales, but SM doesn't seem to want this.

Music Shows
This can be proven based on the fact that they frequently will schedule comebacks and debuts of their multiple artists at the same time. If SM really wanted their idols to win music shows, they wouldn't give them more competition with another one of their artists.
Here are some examples:
-When EXO's "Tempo" and "Love Shot" were the top competitors for first place on Music Bank
maxresdefault.jpg

-In 2016 EXO released 'Lotto' on August 18th then 8 days later NCT Dream debuted with 'Chewing Gum' and then 10 days after that Red Velvet released 'Russian Roulette'
-On February 1st of 2017 Red Velvet released 'Rookie' and then 7 days later NCT Dream released 'My First and Last'
-July 9th of 2017 Red Velvet released 'Red Flavor' and then 9 days later EXO released 'Ko Ko Bop', a song from the album from which they won the daesang for
-Between May 28th and June 25th of 2018 SHINee had multiple releases and Taeyeon released a solo track 'Something New'
There are many more examples of this occuring. If you wanna check it out yourself, click here to see SM Entertainment's complete discography
This can also be observed whenever you see other SM artists join encore stages of others.
'Russian Roulette' win and 'Chewing Gum':

'Red Flavor' win and 'Ko Ko Bop':
Totally off topic, but does anybody else love when Suho shows his Red Velvet fanboy side?

Now SM layering artists releases like this could be to ensure a music show win, but if they wanted to win more, wouldn't it make more sense to spread out releases so their are more chances of winning instead of better odds?

Award Shows
Alright so to preface this, I know SM and Mama, maybe other award shows have beef. SM has perfectly valid reasons to not want their artists to attend award shows, but I still find this odd.
For example, why was only WayV in attendance at this past year's Mama, when many other their other groups were also nominated?
SM artists have a history of not attending award shows, for no given reason. (This could also point to SM's favoritism of Korean artists). I have not much to say on the subject so I will give some evidence through the many times another SM artist has accepted an award for another's absence.
Heechul, Leeteuk, and Red Velvet accepting for EXO:

I could be completely wrong with my expansion on this theory, but it makes sense to me so I decided to share it!

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
33. SM was planning to add more members to Red Velvet, but chose not to after the amount of backlash they received after adding Yeri.
So some background info first:
Before the debut of Red Velvet and NCT almost all of the members were part of a predebut group called SM Rookies. These idols were not added to SM Rookies as soon as they became trainees at SM, they were purposefully added to the rookie group for exposure. SM employed the excellent marketing tactic of allowing the public to get to know these future members, so that when they did debut people would find it easier to stan the group and spend money on them, as they already knew them.
Think about it, if you were to walk into a room of 100 people, but you only knew one, you would still go to that one person, instead of the other 99. SM wanted to make us familiar with the future members so that they would be more popular and therefore more successful.

Now all of the members of SM Rookies went on to debut, except for Hansol and several other female trainees.
We know Hansol left on his own accord and later debuted in New Kidd, but what about these other female trainees.
SM wouldn't have added them to SM Rookies if they weren't gonna do anything with them. So I think that these female rookies were supposed to eventually join Red Velvet, like Yeri did.
This would be semi similar to the concept NCT has, of unlimited members. This whole system is based of Japan's highly popular and profitable group AKB48, which has several branches and hundreds of members.
I think SM was trying to implement this concept within Red Velvet, but as it did not work he applied it to NCT.
It would probably be a better idea to do this with a male group because they tend to bring in more revenue then male groups. NCT also debuted with many more members, and already present subunits, so adding a new member wouldn't be as radical.

Ok back to the root of the theory, Yeri:
So Yeri was added to Red Velvet roughly a year after debut with their comeback "Ice Cream Cake". Now this sparked tons of outrage, mostly because people don't like change, and adding a new member disrupted any normality previously established by the group. People were vicious when it came to Yeri, and some still are to a degree (which is super sad cause Yeri is amazing).
SM's reasoning for not initially debuting Yeri with the other 4 girls was that she was too young. This does make sense as Yeri, who was born in 1999, would have been 15 (16 in Korean age), if she had debuted with the others. Yeri is also 3 years younger then the 2nd youngest member of Red Velvet, Joy.
However, I don't believe this is the true reason. I think Yeri was supposed to be the first of many rookies added to Red Velvet.

One piece of evidence fans often use to point out that Yeri was always supposed to be added was her brief cameo in the debut music video for "Happiness":
B_yjwn3UYAAYIo-.jpg

You might not be able to spot her so here is a close up:
main-qimg-388c411c12733e1712d87bee0b0a331f

The thing is, Yeri wasn't the only other trainee to make it into the video. There were 6 other trainees, 4 of them being rookies, can be spotted:
20180403152905-4202.jpg

Lami:
A Korean trainee born in 2003, who was introduced as an SM Rookie in December of 2013, but has since left SM in February of this year.
Hina:
A Japanese trainee born in 2000, who was introduced as an SM Rookie in July of 2015. I believe she is still at SM.
Koeun:
A Korean trainee born in 1999, who was introduced as an SM Rookie in July of 2015, but has since left SM in February of this year.
Herin:
A British-Korean trainee born in 2002, who was introduced as an SM Rookie in July of 2015, but left in 2017 to join Idol School and has since returned to England.
Jeesu and Winny:
Jeesu and Winny were not official SM Rookies, but still made it into the video. I couldn't find any information on them besides that they left (or were kicked out) before July of 2015, when the female SM Rookie unit, which I believe was called SR20G.

SM wouldn't just randomly put these girls in the video if they weren't meant to debut in the Red Velvet. What makes me believe this even more if the fact that they are hidden, if there weren't supposed to join it would be obvious they were there, and the video would have stated the involvement of the rookies in the MV.
Now, Yeri could have been added because SM thought she was the most ready, or it could have been because she was the oldest. SM could have been planning to add them in age order.

So yeah, this wraps up my theory explanation. To summarize:
Red Velvet was supposed to have added more members, specifically the ones featured in the "Happiness" debut MV. The reason they weren't was because of the outrage from the public when Yeri wasn't added.
I see know reason why 2/3 of the other girls in the video would be added to SM Rookies, if they weren't going to debut.

This is another long one with tons of detail and explanation, so if you are still reading this, thank you!
Also, there may be inaccuracies due to lack of information that is available.

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
I just reread all 4 pages of this and I have discovered a couple things:
-I need to find another hobby lol
-I am actually really proud of myself for being able to express everything I theorize and observe
I'll post as much as I can on here, no matter how many people actually view it!

If you have any theories/mysteries/observations you would want me to explain or debunk, just post it and I'll see what I can do!

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Reading through this was very intriguing!

I liked looking back on some of these theories with mamamoo.
1. Animals (Mainly Moonbyul hamster, Wheein dog/puppy, Hwasa lion, but also Solar is often a bunny to Moomoos)
2. Heights (Mamamoo are practically all the same height, and wrote a song about it iconic queens)
3. Overshadowing
Ok this one is more complicated:
Solar overshadows Wheein vocally (I think both are equally talented, though Solar is strong in belts, Wheein carries soft vocals and melodies, meaning Solar stands out way more)
Moonbyul overshadows Hwasa in rap (of course theres no doubts that Moonbyul is the best rapper in mamamoo, and also writes a lot of her raps, however Hwasa is amazing too and needs more credit for it)
Moonbyul overshadows Wheein in dance (to put it simply, Wheein gets a lot less attention from non-moos and it’s very sad, I think both are equally talented but Wheein doesn’t get recognition)

This was a very weird trip into my brain for quarter past midnight

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong

1. Animals (Mainly Moonbyul hamster, Wheein dog/puppy, Hwasa lion, but also Solar is often a bunny to Moomoos)
2. Heights (Mamamoo are practically all the same height, and wrote a song about it iconic queens)
3. Overshadowing
Solar overshadows Wheein vocally (I think both are equally talented, though Solar is strong in belts, Wheein carries soft vocals and melodies, meaning Solar stands out way more)
Moonbyul overshadows Hwasa in rap (of course theres no doubts that Moonbyul is the best rapper in mamamoo, and also writes a lot of her raps, however Hwasa is amazing too and needs more credit for it)
Moonbyul overshadows Wheein in dance (to put it simply, Wheein gets a lot less attention from non-moos and it’s very sad, I think both are equally talented but Wheein doesn’t get recognition)

Thanks for adding all of that! I really agree with what you mentioned with the overshadowing, and also their height song is hilarious. I don't really stan Mamamoo so I don't know a ton about them, and what I do know, I feel like I am not knowledgeable enough to give an opinion on.

acat

Kpop Expert
Credits
Yeosang
Seungmin
Yunho

3. Overshadowing

omg I agree Wheein is my bias but isn't as appreciated as the other members it makes me so sad. If you look purely from vocals Wheein has the best range and her technique is seamless because she is often is giving the soft vocals instead of Hwasa's low notes and Solar's loud and strong notes, she goes unnoticed.
(not hating on Hwasa or Solar because they all are clearly great singers and it is the RBW's fault in the way they distribute lines)

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
This is neither a theory nor an observation, it's just a:
maxresdefault.jpg
Most of you won't get this reference, I'm a boomer...

34. The dark origins of the word stan.
When I first got into kpop I was confused why the term 'stan' was used as a way to describe a fan. This is because, the only other instance I had heard it used in regards to being a fan, was in the song "Stan" by the rapper Eminem.
I was going to post the lyrics, but they are very graphic and can be triggering to some people, so here is a little synopsis:
"Stan" is a song that is formatted as letters written from a super fan named Stan, to Eminem. Eminem only replies to Stan in the final verse.
The song starts out this a sung verse from a song called "Thank You" by Dido. This same verse is repeated between every single rap verse and after the final one.
The lyrics are:
My tea's gone cold I'm wondering why I got out of bed at all
The morning rain clouds up my window and I can't see at all
And even if I could it'd all be gray, but your picture on my wall
It reminds me, that it's not so bad, it's not so bad

These lyrics represent a person who is struggling with depression, but is able to get through their days because of the love they have for another person. I'm not sure if it was represented like this in the original song, but in "Stan", Eminem uses it to describe Stan's obsession.
Verse 1:
After the intro we get Stan's first letter to Eminem. It represents the early stages of his obsession with Eminem. Stan asks personal questions and also offers up personal information. He also tries to relate to Eminem as well. He tries to prove himself as a superior fan by mentioning he had been a fan of his before he was still famous, and still an underground rapper. He also writes about Eminem not responding, but is in denial that he might just be choosing to not respond, so he blames it on the post office.
Verse 2:
In the second verse the letter from Stan to Eminem is much more hostile and angry. Stan expresses his anger that Eminem is not replying and claims he doesn't care about his fans. He references a moment when he and his little brother see him and ask for an autograph, but he declines. Stan also tries harder to relate to Eminem, while also upgrading the sympathy factor with his own sad story. We also learn that Stan got a tattoo of Eminem's name on his chest and has begun to dedicate his life to him. We also get the first mention of his pregnant girlfriend, saying she is jealous about how much time Stan is dedicating to Eminem. I'm gonna post the lyrics that represent Stan's final thoughts in this letter, as I can't describe it properly:
But she don't know you like I know you Slim, no one does
She don't know what it was like for people like us growing up
You gotta call me man, I'll be the biggest fan you'll ever lose
Sincerely yours, Stan
P.S.
We should be together, too

I think the lyrics speak for them self when it comes to Stan's level of obsession at this point.
Verse 3:
Instead of this verse being in a letter format, it is via cassette tape (which if you didn't know was a way you could record or play audio, like a DVD, and if you don't know what that is idk how else to explain). Stan is extremely angry in this verse that Eminem is not responding, and has renounced his love for him. Warning: this next part can be pretty dark, so do not read if you will get triggered.
We learn that Stan is driving while recording, with his pregnant girlfriend trapped in the trunk. He makes his intentions clear that he plans to drive the car off a bridge and drown himself, his girlfriend, and unborn child, which he succeeds in doing.
Verse 4:
In this verse Eminem responds to Stan's letter. He asks about his girlfriend and the baby, apologizes for not responding earlier, and not giving his autograph. He also expresses that Stan should seek some help for his psychological issues, as he is scared he might do something. He recalls hearing something on the news about a man doing what stan had done, but he doesn't realize that this person was Stan until the very last line.
I'm gonna post the music video, but please do not watch it if you get triggered easily!
The music video does an excellent job of visualizing Stan's obsession with Eminem.

To summarize, the term 'stan' has very dark origins, and I don't know how people decided to use it for this particular context, considering it's backstory. At this point I have gotten used to it and do not associate it as much, but it is still very bizarre to me.

🎀♡RYU♡🎀

♡💭ʏᴏᴜ’ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴄʜᴇᴍɪᴄᴀʟ ʜʏᴘᴇ ʙᴏʏ💭♡
Staff member
Credits
✧ Atsushi Sakurai ✧
Kakucho
Imaushi Wakasa
Madarame Shion
This is neither a theory nor an observation, it's just a:
maxresdefault.jpg
Most of you won't get this reference, I'm a boomer...

34. The dark origins of the word stan.
When I first got into kpop I was confused why the term 'stan' was used as a way to describe a fan. This is because, the only other instance I had heard it used in regards to being a fan, was in the song "Stan" by the rapper Eminem.
I was going to post the lyrics, but they are very graphic and can be triggering to some people, so here is a little synopsis:
"Stan" is a song that is formatted as letters written from a super fan named Stan, to Eminem. Eminem only replies to Stan in the final verse.
The song starts out this a sung verse from a song called "Thank You" by Dido. This same verse is repeated between every single rap verse and after the final one.
The lyrics are:
My tea's gone cold I'm wondering why I got out of bed at all
The morning rain clouds up my window and I can't see at all
And even if I could it'd all be gray, but your picture on my wall
It reminds me, that it's not so bad, it's not so bad

These lyrics represent a person who is struggling with depression, but is able to get through their days because of the love they have for another person. I'm not sure if it was represented like this in the original song, but in "Stan", Eminem uses it to describe Stan's obsession.
Verse 1:
After the intro we get Stan's first letter to Eminem. It represents the early stages of his obsession with Eminem. Stan asks personal questions and also offers up personal information. He also tries to relate to Eminem as well. He tries to prove himself as a superior fan by mentioning he had been a fan of his before he was still famous, and still an underground rapper. He also writes about Eminem not responding, but is in denial that he might just be choosing to not respond, so he blames it on the post office.
Verse 2:
In the second verse the letter from Stan to Eminem is much more hostile and angry. Stan expresses his anger that Eminem is not replying and claims he doesn't care about his fans. He references a moment when he and his little brother see him and ask for an autograph, but he declines. Stan also tries harder to relate to Eminem, while also upgrading the sympathy factor with his own sad story. We also learn that Stan got a tattoo of Eminem's name on his chest and has begun to dedicate his life to him. We also get the first mention of his pregnant girlfriend, saying she is jealous about how much time Stan is dedicating to Eminem. I'm gonna post the lyrics that represent Stan's final thoughts in this letter, as I can't describe it properly:
But she don't know you like I know you Slim, no one does
She don't know what it was like for people like us growing up
You gotta call me man, I'll be the biggest fan you'll ever lose
Sincerely yours, Stan
P.S.
We should be together, too

I think the lyrics speak for them self when it comes to Stan's level of obsession at this point.
Verse 3:
Instead of this verse being in a letter format, it is via cassette tape (which if you didn't know was a way you could record or play audio, like a DVD, and if you don't know what that is idk how else to explain). Stan is extremely angry in this verse that Eminem is not responding, and has renounced his love for him. Warning: this next part can be pretty dark, so do not read if you will get triggered.
We learn that Stan is driving while recording, with his pregnant girlfriend trapped in the trunk. He makes his intentions clear that he plans to drive the car off a bridge and drown himself, his girlfriend, and unborn child, which he succeeds in doing.
Verse 4:
In this verse Eminem responds to Stan's letter. He asks about his girlfriend and the baby, apologizes for not responding earlier, and not giving his autograph. He also expresses that Stan should seek some help for his psychological issues, as he is scared he might do something. He recalls hearing something on the news about a man doing what stan had done, but he doesn't realize that this person was Stan until the very last line.
I'm gonna post the music video, but please do not watch it if you get triggered easily!
The music video does an excellent job of visualizing Stan's obsession with Eminem.

To summarize, the term 'stan' has very dark origins, and I don't know how people decided to use it for this particular context, considering it's backstory. At this point I have gotten used to it and do not associate it as much, but it is still very bizarre to me.
I love this song. What a childhood throwback.

butterpuffs

Band Leader
Website
twitter.com
Credits
Minhyun
JR
Hyunjae
Juyeon
33. SM was planning to add more members to Red Velvet, but chose not to after the amount of backlash they received after adding Yeri.
So some background info first:
Before the debut of Red Velvet and NCT almost all of the members were part of a predebut group called SM Rookies. These idols were not added to SM Rookies as soon as they became trainees at SM, they were purposefully added to the rookie group for exposure. SM employed the excellent marketing tactic of allowing the public to get to know these future members, so that when they did debut people would find it easier to stan the group and spend money on them, as they already knew them.
Think about it, if you were to walk into a room of 100 people, but you only knew one, you would still go to that one person, instead of the other 99. SM wanted to make us familiar with the future members so that they would be more popular and therefore more successful.

Now all of the members of SM Rookies went on to debut, except for Hansol and several other female trainees.
We know Hansol left on his own accord and later debuted in New Kidd, but what about these other female trainees.
SM wouldn't have added them to SM Rookies if they weren't gonna do anything with them. So I think that these female rookies were supposed to eventually join Red Velvet, like Yeri did.
This would be semi similar to the concept NCT has, of unlimited members. This whole system is based of Japan's highly popular and profitable group AKB48, which has several branches and hundreds of members.
I think SM was trying to implement this concept within Red Velvet, but as it did not work he applied it to NCT.
It would probably be a better idea to do this with a male group because they tend to bring in more revenue then male groups. NCT also debuted with many more members, and already present subunits, so adding a new member wouldn't be as radical.

Ok back to the root of the theory, Yeri:
So Yeri was added to Red Velvet roughly a year after debut with their comeback "Ice Cream Cake". Now this sparked tons of outrage, mostly because people don't like change, and adding a new member disrupted any normality previously established by the group. People were vicious when it came to Yeri, and some still are to a degree (which is super sad cause Yeri is amazing).
SM's reasoning for not initially debuting Yeri with the other 4 girls was that she was too young. This does make sense as Yeri, who was born in 1999, would have been 15 (16 in Korean age), if she had debuted with the others. Yeri is also 3 years younger then the 2nd youngest member of Red Velvet, Joy.
However, I don't believe this is the true reason. I think Yeri was supposed to be the first of many rookies added to Red Velvet.

One piece of evidence fans often use to point out that Yeri was always supposed to be added was her brief cameo in the debut music video for "Happiness":
B_yjwn3UYAAYIo-.jpg

You might not be able to spot her so here is a close up:
main-qimg-388c411c12733e1712d87bee0b0a331f

The thing is, Yeri wasn't the only other trainee to make it into the video. There were 6 other trainees, 4 of them being rookies, can be spotted:
20180403152905-4202.jpg

Lami:
A Korean trainee born in 2003, who was introduced as an SM Rookie in December of 2013, but has since left SM in February of this year.
Hina:
A Japanese trainee born in 2000, who was introduced as an SM Rookie in July of 2015. I believe she is still at SM.
Koeun:
A Korean trainee born in 1999, who was introduced as an SM Rookie in July of 2015, but has since left SM in February of this year.
Herin:
A British-Korean trainee born in 2002, who was introduced as an SM Rookie in July of 2015, but left in 2017 to join Idol School and has since returned to England.
Jeesu and Winny:
Jeesu and Winny were not official SM Rookies, but still made it into the video. I couldn't find any information on them besides that they left (or were kicked out) before July of 2015, when the female SM Rookie unit, which I believe was called SR20G.

SM wouldn't just randomly put these girls in the video if they weren't meant to debut in the Red Velvet. What makes me believe this even more if the fact that they are hidden, if there weren't supposed to join it would be obvious they were there, and the video would have stated the involvement of the rookies in the MV.
Now, Yeri could have been added because SM thought she was the most ready, or it could have been because she was the oldest. SM could have been planning to add them in age order.

So yeah, this wraps up my theory explanation. To summarize:
Red Velvet was supposed to have added more members, specifically the ones featured in the "Happiness" debut MV. The reason they weren't was because of the outrage from the public when Yeri wasn't added.
I see know reason why 2/3 of the other girls in the video would be added to SM Rookies, if they weren't going to debut.

This is another long one with tons of detail and explanation, so if you are still reading this, thank you!
Also, there may be inaccuracies due to lack of information that is available.
wow i don't know lami left SM............

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
35. The various routes AB6IX could take after Youngmin's departure, the pros and cons of each route, and an interesting option that I discovered.
So to start off, I don't stan AB6IX so my knowledge on them is limited to what is reported to the general kpop community.
So I'm going to discuss pros and cons of the various pathways AB6IX could take in regards to the number of members and leadership. I will also offer an interesting situation that I discovered through a bit of research.
Before I do that I would like to touch on some important points:
-AB6IX has only been around for around a year
This would make adding a new member less of an issue then if they had debuted in 2017 or something.
-They are under a very small company
-They are the company's only idol group

Being under a small company, experimenting with a new type of artist could mean that the company could be more likely to want to stick with kpop group norms, which includes having a leader.
-The group contains former Produce 101 members, bringing the group more popularity than a usual group
-They are one of the more successful and popular rookie groups, as they have more music show wins then most groups

Them being sucessful and popular could result in the company not adding another member because of the outrage they could face.

So on with the options:
1. AB6IX continues on as 4 members and doesn't appoint a new leader.
This is the easiest thing for them to do. Instead of adding a member or deciding a new member they could split up any responsibilities Youngmin has. I also think this is less of an issue that all of the members are of age now, so there is less of a need for a leader.
Some examples of this happening include:
-iKON
-NCT Dream (sorta)
-2PM
-B.A.P
2. AB6IX appoint a new leader and continue on as 4.
As I know very little about the group, I don't feel comfortable selected a member I think would be picked. Having a leader could also add more stability to the group and make them a more digestible group. Meaning that new fans could pick up the members easier, as they could match member to position.
Some examples of this happening:
-April
-Cherry Bullet
3. AB6IX could add a new member, and possibly appoint a new leader.
With Youngmin's departure AB6IX is left with 4 members. Having even numbers in kpop groups is not really ideal when it comes to choreographies, and forming any kind of center situation. A member tends to be covered by another for portions of the dance. I think it could be realistic of their company to add a new member to the group to even things out. Based on the points I listed above, this could turn out either good or bad. Because they have just debuted, them being seen as having the previous line up is not as ingrained in our minds, as say if a member of ASTRO left. But, AB6IX is an incredibly popular rookie group, that has already won several music shows. This popularity could make fans reject any new member, similar to Yeri and Red Velvet.
I really have no opinion on what AB6IX and their company chooses to do, but I did a little research for a hypothetical situation.
I thought, well if they did add someone to the group, who would they add. So I looked up what trainees would be available, and I found a surprise.
Eunsang, formally of X1, is a trainee at Brand New Music.
15a1360fd7da0abf222217437629.jpg

So hypothetically, the company could add Eunsang to the lineup to bring the group number back to 5.
Now I don't know how this would work out with positions and such as I never have really stanned either group, but it is a possibility.
Eunsang being added has it's problems though. Due to the Produce controversy, adding him to the group could be worse then adding an unknown trainee. But it could also bring the group more popularity if fans are able to set aside a situation he really had no control over.

Keep in mind all of these situations are completely hypothetical.
I personally think that AB6IX will stay a 4 member group and will most likely not appoint a new leader. It is not uncommon for smaller groups to not have leaders. AB6IX has been continuing there activities, with a minor delay. I think that if they had chosen a new leader or to add a new member, the hiatus would be much longer.
But who knows? Maybe the company is planning to shift things around after the comeback.

I wish I knew more about AB6IX and X1, so I could offer up a better explanation, but I did feel like I needed to express my theory.
Let's hope that AB6IX can have great success in the future, no matter what they chose to do regarding leadership and group size! Also that Youngmin is able to reflect on his mistakes and lead a successful life as well.

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
So this one has already been debunked, but majoring in the criminal justice field, I tried to narrow it down myself.
The future forensic psychologist/cold case detective in me feels a strong urge to debunk this, so bear with me!
36. NCT and the mystery mouth breather.
So if you didn't know NCT 127 has a problem. One of the members breathes rather heavily into the microphone while performing and even on standby, but nobody would own up to it. It is extremely irritating to the members as they here it through their in-ear pieces, so they are desperate to find out who it is. I'm gonna cover the information the NCT members have already revealed and then I'm gonna go through each member and give my opinion and the weigh the different factors.
What we know already/suspects:
This is an issue reported to be happening in 127 since debut.
Johnny:
He was accused of being the mouth breather due to his rhinitis and tendency to breathe heavily out of his mouth at times.
Mark: He was accused because of how the mic is always closer to his face then the other members position it. Yuta also said when the person was once asked to stop, Mark had a "bad face".
Jungwoo: Jungwoo was just randomly accused idk.

My analysis:
I will be basing this off of when the member joined 127, and if they are in other units.
Taeyong: It is not Taeyong.
-Taeyong is an original member of 127 he is still a suspect
-Taeyong is also in NCT U, but there is no evidence it does or does not happen there. It would be easier to narrow it down if say it wasn't happening during Baby Don't Stop era. he is still a suspect
-Taeyong is in Super M, however since this unit is fixed compared to U, I feel like the evidence is concrete. Baekhyun is in Super M, and if you stan EXO you know that Baekhyun is the mood maker of the group, and will often tease his fellow group mates. I think Baekhyun definitely would have said something if it was happening in Super M. Tayeong is no longer a suspect.
Taeil: It could be Taeil.
-Taeil is an original member of 127 he is still a suspect
-Taeil has participated in NCT U activities before, but this is not strong enough to clear him, due to lack of evidence and U being such a rotational unit. Taeil is still a suspect.
Johnny: It is not Johnny.
-Even though Johnny was accused, and with good reason, he can be canceled out pretty quickly.
-Johnny was not in the original 127 lineup, and we know this has been happening since debut, and sounds exactly the same, so it can't be Johnny. Johnny is no longer a suspect
Yuta: It could be Yuta.
-Yuta was in the original 127 line is he is still a suspect
-Yuta is in no other NCT unit that could clear him he is still a suspect
Doyoung: It is not Doyoung.
-Doyoung was not in the original 127 line up Doyoung is no longer a suspect.
-Doyoung did debut in U, but it was never reported to be happening there.
Jaehyun: It could be Jaehyun.
-Jaehyun was in the original 127 line up he is still a suspect.
-Jaehyun has been in several NCT U lineups, but there is no evidence strong enough to clear him Jaehyun is still a suspect.
Winwin: It is not Winwin.
-Winwin was in the original 127 lineup he is still a suspect
-Winwin was in several NCT U lineups but the evidence is not strong enough to clear him he is still a suspect.
-Winwin took a hiatus of 127 to join Winwin, but the noise continued after his absence Winwin is no longer a suspect.
Jungwoo: It is not Jungwoo.
-Jungwoo was not in the original 127 lineup Jungwoo is no longer a suspect.
-Jungwoo did debut in U, but it was never reported to be happening there.
Mark: It is not Mark.
-Mark was in the original lineup of 127 he is still a suspect.
-Mark was an NCT Dream member, and I guarantee you that one of the members would have raised the issue if it had been happening there, so I can conclude that it was not. Mark is no longer a suspect.
-Mark could also be cleared in the same way that Taeyong was with Baekhyun and Super M.
-Despite Mark being accused, and for good reason, the lack of evidence of it occurring in Dream rules him out.
Haechan: It is not Haechan.
-Haechan was in the original lineup of 127 he is still a suspect.
-Haechan is an NCT Dream member, and same with Mark, someone would definitely say something if it was happening there. Haechan is no longer a suspect.

Here are the remaining suspects: Taeil, Yuta, and Jaehyun
Now I can't really narrow this down any further, so I'm gonna leave it at that.

What has been discovered is that it is Jaehyun. This was found out when someone decided to mute each individual member during a performance and listen for the breathing. This is similar to what would be done when making MR Removed videos.
So in conclusion, although I was unable to narrow it down completely, other NCTzns were able to figure out who it was:
Jaehyun is the mystery mouth breather!

Thank you for coming to my game of Clue!

clairince77

Kpop Rookie
Website
clairince77.carrd.co
Credits
JR
Let Me Be Your Knight
Ren
Baekho
35. The various routes AB6IX could take after Youngmin's departure, the pros and cons of each route, and an interesting option that I discovered.
So to start off, I don't stan AB6IX so my knowledge on them is limited to what is reported to the general kpop community.
So I'm going to discuss pros and cons of the various pathways AB6IX could take in regards to the number of members and leadership. I will also offer an interesting situation that I discovered through a bit of research.
Before I do that I would like to touch on some important points:
-AB6IX has only been around for around a year
This would make adding a new member less of an issue then if they had debuted in 2017 or something.
-They are under a very small company
-They are the company's only idol group

Being under a small company, experimenting with a new type of artist could mean that the company could be more likely to want to stick with kpop group norms, which includes having a leader.
-The group contains former Produce 101 members, bringing the group more popularity than a usual group
-They are one of the more successful and popular rookie groups, as they have more music show wins then most groups

Them being sucessful and popular could result in the company not adding another member because of the outrage they could face.

So on with the options:
1. AB6IX continues on as 4 members and doesn't appoint a new leader.
This is the easiest thing for them to do. Instead of adding a member or deciding a new member they could split up any responsibilities Youngmin has. I also think this is less of an issue that all of the members are of age now, so there is less of a need for a leader.
Some examples of this happening include:
-iKON
-NCT Dream (sorta)
-2PM
-B.A.P
2. AB6IX appoint a new leader and continue on as 4.
As I know very little about the group, I don't feel comfortable selected a member I think would be picked. Having a leader could also add more stability to the group and make them a more digestible group. Meaning that new fans could pick up the members easier, as they could match member to position.
Some examples of this happening:
-April
-Cherry Bullet
3. AB6IX could add a new member, and possibly appoint a new leader.
With Youngmin's departure AB6IX is left with 4 members. Having even numbers in kpop groups is not really ideal when it comes to choreographies, and forming any kind of center situation. A member tends to be covered by another for portions of the dance. I think it could be realistic of their company to add a new member to the group to even things out. Based on the points I listed above, this could turn out either good or bad. Because they have just debuted, them being seen as having the previous line up is not as ingrained in our minds, as say if a member of ASTRO left. But, AB6IX is an incredibly popular rookie group, that has already won several music shows. This popularity could make fans reject any new member, similar to Yeri and Red Velvet.
I really have no opinion on what AB6IX and their company chooses to do, but I did a little research for a hypothetical situation.
I thought, well if they did add someone to the group, who would they add. So I looked up what trainees would be available, and I found a surprise.
Eunsang, formally of X1, is a trainee at Brand New Music.
15a1360fd7da0abf222217437629.jpg

So hypothetically, the company could add Eunsang to the lineup to bring the group number back to 5.
Now I don't know how this would work out with positions and such as I never have really stanned either group, but it is a possibility.
Eunsang being added has it's problems though. Due to the Produce controversy, adding him to the group could be worse then adding an unknown trainee. But it could also bring the group more popularity if fans are able to set aside a situation he really had no control over.

Keep in mind all of these situations are completely hypothetical.
I personally think that AB6IX will stay a 4 member group and will most likely not appoint a new leader. It is not uncommon for smaller groups to not have leaders. AB6IX has been continuing there activities, with a minor delay. I think that if they had chosen a new leader or to add a new member, the hiatus would be much longer.
But who knows? Maybe the company is planning to shift things around after the comeback.

I wish I knew more about AB6IX and X1, so I could offer up a better explanation, but I did feel like I needed to express my theory.
Let's hope that AB6IX can have great success in the future, no matter what they chose to do regarding leadership and group size! Also that Youngmin is able to reflect on his mistakes and lead a successful life as well.

BNM's only really small when it comes to idols-there more known for hip hop.
BNM also has BDC. the 3 members were on pdx with Eunsang, so some(?) fans want Rhymer (CEO) to add him to BDC.

I think if they appoint a new leader it should be Donghyun, Woongs the oldest, but Donghyuns always come off to me as "most responsible/capable" after Youngmin.
But I think they might be keeping the group leaderless. I believe Youngmin once said that he doesn't do much as the leader...

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
So I really like adding to this thread, but I have nothing. So, these are just some observations, while I try to come up with something concrete.
37. Each group has one member who seems to dye their hair every week, and one who never/rarely does. I have some reasoning to offer, but we'll see.
I'm sure many idols come to mind when the topic of hair dye is brought up. I find that there is more concern over the scalp then what I am about to discuss. But like the title says, there are many groups with these qualifications, I decided to list them. I am definitely going to miss some, so feel free to comment more.
Stray Kids:
Dye: Bang Chan and Felix
Natural: I.N
NCT 127:
Dye: Taeyong
Natural: Johnny
NCT Dream:
Dye: Jeno and Chenle
Natural: Jisung
Monsta X:
Dye: Almost all of them
Natural: I.M
Seventeen:
Dye: Jeonghan, Hoshi, and Woozi
Natural: DK
BTS:
Dye: Suga
Nautral: Jungkook
Twice:
Dye: Dahyun
Natural: Nayeon
Itzy:
Dye: Ryujin and Yuna
Natural: Chaeryeong and Lia
EXO:
Dye: Xiumin, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol
Natural: D.O and Chen
A.C.E:
Dye: Wow and Byeongkwan
Natural: Donghun
Blackpink:
Dye: Lisa
Natural: Jisoo and Jennie
ASTRO:
Dye: Moonbin, MJ, and Sanha
Natural: Eunwoo
There are more, but I can't think of any others.
Reasonings:
-Companies may be trying to highlight another member, or the other way around
-Their natural hair might just suit them better
-The company is trying to get a certain concept to fit

persona

Maknae
Credits
Sanha
So I really like adding to this thread, but I have nothing. So, these are just some observations, while I try to come up with something concrete.
37. Each group has one member who seems to dye their hair every week, and one who never/rarely does. I have some reasoning to offer, but we'll see.
I'm sure many idols come to mind when the topic of hair dye is brought up. I find that there is more concern over the scalp then what I am about to discuss. But like the title says, there are many groups with these qualifications, I decided to list them. I am definitely going to miss some, so feel free to comment more.
Stray Kids:
Dye: Bang Chan and Felix
Natural: I.N
NCT 127:
Dye: Taeyong
Natural: Johnny
NCT Dream:
Dye: Jeno and Chenle
Natural: Jisung
Monsta X:
Dye: Almost all of them
Natural: I.M
Seventeen:
Dye: Jeonghan, Hoshi, and Woozi
Natural: DK
BTS:
Dye: Suga
Nautral: Jungkook
Twice:
Dye: Dahyun
Natural: Nayeon
Itzy:
Dye: Ryujin and Yuna
Natural: Chaeryeong and Lia
EXO:
Dye: Xiumin, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol
Natural: D.O and Chen
A.C.E:
Dye: Wow and Byeongkwan
Natural: Donghun
Blackpink:
Dye: Lisa
Natural: Jisoo and Jennie
ASTRO:
Dye: Moonbin, MJ, and Sanha
Natural: Eunwoo
There are more, but I can't think of any others.
Reasonings:
-Companies may be trying to highlight another member, or the other way around
-Their natural hair might just suit them better
-The company is trying to get a certain concept to fit
sorry but i’m just gonna point out u switch out jisoo and lisa for blackpink. ignore this if you disagree. but otherwise this is oddly accurate🤔

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
These ones make me sad, but was inspired by a thread posted by @GodKingTeshub
I'm gonna focus on 2 groups, but will only do 1 for now as these theories do take some time.
I'll post the other one later.
Just a general statement: In no way am I saying I want these groups to disband, that they should disband, or that they did something wrong. I stan these groups too and would be just as upset if they disbanded.
38. I am scared that Pentagon will disband due to their lack of success, and will eventually turn into a 1 hit wonder.
So, I'm sure all of you know Pentagon's song "Shine". It is by far their most popular song with (as of now) almost 200 million views on Youtube. The song was also nominated for the Song of The Year Daesang at MAMA 2018. Twice ended up winning for What Is Love?, I personally think either Shine or Love Scenario by iKON should have won, but that isn't important.
Shine was ridiculously successful, but it never seemed to win a music show, which is a bad sign by itself.
Here are some points which I believe could outline Pentagon's disbandment (I hope not) :(
-They have yet to win a music show
Pentagon debuted in late 2016 with "Gorilla". Since their debut they have released a whopping total of 9 mini albums, 1 full album, and multiple sings. They have also dipped their toes into the Japanese market. On average Pentagon has nearly comeback every 4 months since they debuted.
It's obvious that it's not their lack of content that has resulted them never winning. Personally I don't think it's the quality of their content either, but I am a Universe so I am biased.
-Members leaving/being inactive
Everyone knows about the whole HyunA and E'Dawn thing, so I won't go into details. Pentagon already lost one member, and during such a crucial time. E'Dawn left Pentagon exactly when Pentagon were going to comeback for the first time since Shine. Instead of 'Naughty Boy' becoming what could have been their first win, instead all people cared about was the whole dating 'scandal'. The incident also pushed back notoriety for Shine, as Pentagon became more famous for their company's dumb actions.
Now there is also Yanan, who's absence's reasoning has been both known and mysterious.
In the past Cube gave a reason, but now it seems even Yanan doesn't know why he isn't allowed to return, and is really wanting to. I'm not gonna speak more on Yanan as his situation has so many unknown facts. However, his absecne is just another thing that leads to the group being viewed as unstable.
-Members are aging/military enlistment
The members of Pentagon are aging. Their oldest, Jinho was born in 1992, and youngest Wooseok in 1998. Due to Korean military laws Jinho already enlisted and unable to join Pentagon for almost another year and a half, which is a long time in kpop. Jinho is not necessarily one of the more popular members (but he's my bias), but he contributes greatly to Pentagon songs. As one of the main vocalists he gets many lines, and often the high notes. Jinho also has several charms to him that make him known outside of the group, like his height (especially that photo of him standing next to Wooseok).
What could be even more harmful to Pentagon is who enlists next year. Hui
Hui is not only the leader of Pentagon, but he composes and writes the majority of their songs. The Main Vocal thing also applies with Hui, but I feel like even more, because Hui tends to have the most lines no matter what. (If you want a theory on Pentagon and their line distribution, there is another theory I wrote about it that you can find on this thread).
Sure Hui could write a crap load of songs before he enlists, but you have to take into accord the music trends which could rapidly change. Without their Main Vocalist I would also feel wary for the other members. None of the other vocalists get a ton of lines, so we really don't know if they have the capabilities to sing Main Vocal like parts. I hope that they have hidden, golden vocal cords, and that they can rise to the occasion.
-Cube
Although it is not a big 3 company, Cube is still a very wealthy and popular company. I think this is one of the few good things about Cube, is that their money can fund a group very well and for a longer period of time than a smaller company.
However, I think there is a breaking point. I think if Pentagon is unable to deliver in the next year, they will disband them. Comebacks are very expensive, and if Cube is not getting an equal return, they may see Pentagon as a bad investment, and want to cut ties.
Being a larger company also means there is a legacy that needs to be fulfilled. To Cube it is important that they win music shows and other awards. Pentagon needs to measure up to groups like Beast, BtoB, CLC, and (G)i-dle, all of which have won music shows.
After looking into it I found out that there is a 3-4 year gap between Cube's boy groups debuting.
Beast: 2009
BtoB: 2012
Pentagon: 2016
Pentagon debuted 4 years ago, so I'm sure that Cube is going to want to debut a new boy group, especially because the group is aging.
I tried to find concrete evidence of Cube having a large population of trainees, but there seems to be little info.
Someone who Cube is trying to hold onto it Lai Guanlin, formally of Wanna One. I think that Guanlin is even more incentive to debut a new boy group. Guanlin would bring his popularity from Produce, similar to Soyeon.
Maybe Cube thinks they can replicate (G)i-dle's success with a Guanlin, but who knows?
-Road to Kingdom
This is no hate to The Boyz or any other groups on the show, I stan many of them as well.
I feel like Cube is going to see Pentagon as a lost cause or something, because they didn't win or even get runners up.
They were the oldest group on the show, they had the most experience, to Cube they should win.
I think that's why Pentagon used Shine so frequently on the show. It is their most successful song, so maybe a viewer would hear it again and people would remember Pentagon.
When they didn't win, or have a stage which became as iconic as Shine, it proved to Cube that Pentagon is in hot water.

It made me sad to write this, as I don't want to see Pentagon disband (unless they want to). However, I felt like laying out the points would make the situation easier to digest.
Even Pentagon themselves have said that they don't know where they will be a year from now.
I hope that Pentagon's next release can help them win and propel them to more fame (I'm not sure if that will be Basquiat idk?)
If not and they do disband, no matter how sad that would make me and many others, I hope the members can find happiness doing whatever they chose.

Stay tuned for a part 2 later on 💜

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
So part 2 of yesterday's theory.
39. I'm scared Monsta X will either disband soon or be forced into Starship's dungeon.
So I started having these fears with how little impact their comeback, "Fantasia" had on the general comeback community. I actually consider the title to be one of my favorite's of theirs, and the bsides are high quality.
So I'm gonna lay out my points which explain my theory, that I desperately don't want to come true.
-Wonho
Even though Wonho has been basically cleared of all accusations, the Korean public still doesn't trust him, and therefore doesn't trust the group. Because he was accused of so many different things, and there was never any kind of concrete update about the situation, many probably view him as guilty.
To an outsider, him leaving the group is an even greater indication that he did something wrong.
I think that Korean fans will have a difficult time separating Wonho from the group. He basically served as the face of the group, and was famous for well, his muscles. He proved that a male idol doesn't just have to be slim.
It is going to be very difficult to get fans, and the general public, to leave the past behind.
-Shownu
So, I'm not sure if you remember but around the time of Wonho's scandal, Shownu had one as well, it was just resolved a lot easier.
Here is a breakdown:
It was reported that Shownu had been sleeping with a married woman, and pictures were posted to prove it.
Shownu and Starship were quick to come out to say that he didn't know she was married and he apologized. This issue became forgotten at this point, as Wonho's scandal had reached a boiling point. However, a little bit later somebody photo shopped Shownu's face onto a nude body and posted it online. But it was cleared up very quickly, as it was not actually Shownu.
During this time I thought Monsta X would loose 2 members.
I think Shownu is in the same boat as Wonho, with the public being kind of wary about him, and not knowing the whole truth. Instead they just play it safe and turn their backs on the group.
-Their ages/military enlistment
The members of Monsta X were born between 1992-1996.
Shownu is the oldest, and based on his age, he will need to enlist in the military before the end of this year.
Monsta X would be down to 5 members, they would lose their leader, main dancer, and lead vocalist. So many of the dance breaks would have to be diverted, and his lines would have to be redistributed. Shownu is on the side of the spectrum of members with the most lines, so this would be difficult. I hope that if it did happen Minhyuk and Hyungwon would have more opportunities to sing.
Next are Minhyuk and Kihyun.
They are both born in 1993. That means by the end of 2021 they would have to enlist. This would mean losing the main contribute to Monsta X songs, with Kihyun being Main Vocalist, and a lot of popularity due to Minyhuk's MCing. There would also only be 3 members left.
-Lack of success with Fantasia X
When Monsta X came back I was expecting them to win a lot of music shows, and for it to be something to continue their success. This song is still a soty worthy bop to me.
I was surprised when it only one music show. This could be one of Monsta X's last comebacks as a 6 piece group, if not the last.
I got really sad thinking that maybe Shoot Out/Alligator would be their peak. :(
-Cravity
Starship debuted a new boy group earlier this year. They have not been as successful as some of the other rookies yet, but they are still very popular, and will continue to be so in the future. I think Starship may see Monsta X's situation and put them in the dungeons, in order to focus all of their attention and money on Cravity.

My belief in Monsta X's disbandment is not nearly as strong as Pentagon's, but it is still a strong possibility in my mind.
Monsta X has been hit with it seems like everything, in attempt to slow them down. Yet they are still standing now. But something like military enlistment cannot be prevented, so it is inevitable.
I hope that Shownu's enlistment will not come till the end of the year, and they have another comeback, and they people can push their controversies aside and stay in the present.

I think you can tell by my username that their disbandment would be very sad for me, so please don't call me an anti or something...
Fighting Monsta X! 💜💜

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
40. (G)i-dle's "Lion" and "Oh My God" are basically the same song with different lyrics (which isn't a bad thing).
To start of "Lion" is one of my favorite kpop songs of all time, and "Oh My God" is also a favorite of mine, so I am not meaning this in a negative way. They found a song construction which works really well for them, so it was smart of them to reuse it.
Ok so analysis let's go!
-Both songs start with Minnie singing in a very slow, mellow, and even seductive tone
-Next Soyeon has a rap/vocal verse
-Next "Lion" jumps directly into the 1st chorus and "Oh My God" into the prechorus, but they sound very similar.

The prechorus of "Oh My God" and the chorus of "Lion" both have the same kind of rhythm and are both split between Miyeon and Yuqi.
-The 2nd half of the chorus of "Lion" and the chorus of "Oh My God" uses the title of the song with other English words.
Lion: "It looks like a lion, I'm a queen like a lion"
Oh My God: "Oh my god, she took me to the sky/she showed me all the stars"
This section is also very stylized in the way it is said. Very drawn out and powerful.
This part is also done the first time with Soyeon starting and Minnie ending.
-Shuhua's part is used as the bridge
In "Lion" the bridge is after the 1st chorus and in "Oh My God" it is after the 2nd chorus (which is customary)
Shuhua's part is also pretty much the same rhythm in both songs, and sounds very similar.
-Soyeon's rap part is long and takes place after on of the choruses
In "Lion" the rap is after the 2nd chorus and in "Oh My God" it is after the 1st chorus.
The raps do sound very different thought. One is more slow and seductive, while the other is more upbeat and almost playful.
-The prechorus of "Oh My God" and first half of the chorus of "Lion" are repeated with Yuqi and Miyeon
-The 2nd half of the chorus of "Lion" and the chorus of "Oh My God" is repeated, however in "Lion" each chorus has different members singing.
-The end of the song is exactly the same as the beginning, but in "Lion" it is sung by Soojin instead of Minnie again.

Here are some other differences I didn't point out above:
-"Oh My God" lacks several verses between the 2nd and 3rd chorus. In "Lion" this is where we get Minnie's high note.
-Soojin has a verse before Soyeon's rap in "Oh My God", but in "Lion" the rap is by itself between two choruses. This makes the rap more powerful.

So as you can see, these two songs are remarkably alike, but do have a few differences, but not many. Both songs are basically cut from the same cloth and have the same foundation.
However, this is not a bad thing. It is a very smart move to reuse something that has been successful in the past, as it will replicate that success.
"Oh My God" did win 4 music show after all.
Like they say, 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'.
I love both of these songs as well, so I am not complaining, just pointing out some similarities and analyzing.