My Bizarre Kpop Theories, Observations, and Predictions

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
This is more of an observation but:
26. Twice uses pretty much the same structure in most of their title tracks.
Yeah so I've noticed that with most of Twice's title tracks they tend to be constructed in the same way. I've decided to compile my data. I will be going over similarities and listing the title tracks that use the method. The tracks I will include are: Like Ooh-Aah, Cheer Up, TT, Knock Knock, Likey, Heartshaker, What is Love?, Yes or Yes, Dance the Night Away, Signal, Feel Special, and Fancy. 12 tracks I will then rank out of 12.
Also in no way am I calling Twice unoriginal or anything, there songs are amazing, and they are insanely popular so this structure must be working.
1. Nayeon starts the song with about 3-9ish seconds of singing. Sometimes other members will be included.
-Cheer Up
-Fancy
-What is Love?
-TT
-Dance the Night Away
-Like Ooh-Aah
6/12

2. In at least 1 chorus Nayeon starts and Jihyo ends.

-Like Ooh-Aah
-TT
-Fancy
-Feel Special
-Yes or Yes
-Knock Knock
-Heartshaker
7/12

3. When Jihyo and Nayeon don't contribute at least once to the chorus it is either or both Tzuyu and Sana.

-Dance the Night Away
-Likey
-What is Love?
-Signal
4/5

4. The section where the music softens right before the 3rd chorus a part of it is sung by Mina.

-Cheer Up
-Like Ooh-Aah
-Knock Knock
-Signal
-Heartshaker
-Signal
-Dance The Night Away
-Fancy
8/12

5. Jeongyeon sings part of the chorus once and it is usually 2nd or 3rd.

-Feel Special
-Dance the Night Away
-Like Ooh-Aah
-Cheer Up
-TT
-Knock Knock
6/12

6. The there's rap part is in between the 2nd and 3rd choruses.

-Likey
-Feel Special
-Yes or Yes
-Dance the Night Away
-What is Love?
-Signal
6/12

7. Jihyo sings a highnote during the 3rd chorus.

-Like Ooh-Aah
-Cheer Up
-TT
-Knock Knock
-Heartshaker
-What is Love?
-Dance the Night Away
-Yes or Yes
-Fancy
9/12

8. Chaeyeong ends the main rap section.

-Fancy
-Yes or Yes
-What is Love?
-Likey
-TT
-Signal
-Like Ooh Aah
7/12

9. Sana gets a repetitive phrase at some point.

-Knock Knock
-Likey
-Cheer Up
-TT
4/12

Yeah that's all I got right now.
I was gonna look into who sang the bridges most frequently but my brain won't process anything anymore.

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
Another observation rather than a theory
27. Each male idol group has to have at least one member with a deep ass voice.
It can range from normal-deep to Felix-level deep, but I can't think of a single boy group I stan that doesn't have a member with this kind of timbre.
Seventeen-Wonwoo
ATEEZ-Mingi
Oneus-Leedo
Day6-Dowoon
Stray Kids-Felix
Monsta X-I.M
Pentagon-Wooseok and Yuto
iKON-Ju-ne
NCT-Jaehyun, Lucas, Jisung
BTS-V
Wanna One-Daniel, Kuanlin, Woojin
Got7-Jackson
EXO-Chanyeol
Astro-Jinjin
Big Bang-TOP and Daesung
KARD-BM
SF9-Zuho, Chani, Hwiyoung?
Block B-P.O

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
Another observation and weird coincidence
28. There are many similarities between the maknaes of of the last 3 female JYP groups (Suzy of Miss A, Tzuyu of Twice, and Yuna of ITZY).
So when I was making a profile about JYPE I came across some weird similarities between the maknaes of ITZY, Twice, and Miss A.
a. They all have the visual title
b. They are all the tallest member of their group
-Yuna (170 cm)
-Tzuyu (172 cm)
-Suzy (168 cm)
c. They are all lead dancers
d. They have a vocal position, either sub or lead
e. They were not part of the original lineup of their groups
-Yuna was added when Somi left
-Tzuyu was added after elimination due to her getting the popular vote
-Suzy was added when one of the Miss A members joined Wonder Girls instead, so they needed a new member
f. They were all several years under the Korean legal age of adulthood during debut

fvedolls

Band Manager
Credits
Members that left the group tend to start opening up Instagram accounts. I see this a lot in idols that are no longer in the group.

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
This next theory is based on an opinion in one of those kpop unpopular opinions video. The opinion said something along the lines of:
-I don't like that JYP is making Jihyo sing with a husky voice, compared to her sweeter tone in earlier Twice songs.
Well to touch on the opinion first, it's kinda obvious the huskier tone is her real tone, and she was just singing lighter in earlier songs to fit the concept. I know this to be true due to her singing in Sixteen. So the theory is:
29. Sixteen being rigged can be seen in the way that Jihyo was portrayed.
So there are a ton of different factors that could be brought up to prove that Sixteen could have been false, but I will be touching just on this one.
When Jihyo entered Sixteen and during the first couple Twice comebacks, she was heavily criticized for her weight. She eventually lost weight through the years, but that's not the point. Jihyo's appearance, specifically her weight seemed to be one of her main story lines throughout Sixteen. For example:
- When they had that photoshoot Jihyo was purposely put in the back and in clothing that would obscure her figure.
-She was frequently insulted by the judges for her weight.
However, the aspect that makes me think it was fabricated was one of Jihyo's performances.
In the 4th episode of the series Jihyo sings the song "All About That Bass" by American singer Megan Trainor.
The song is basically about being body positive and being okay with having a curvier body type, and not what is often viewed as beautiful by societal standards.
Sure, Jihyo could have chosen this song because it fit her vocal tone and she liked how it sounded, but I don't believe this to be true.
What are the chances that the main thing Jihyo is criticized about during the show is the thing she sings a song about.
To my belief this show was live, Jihyo didn't know what criticisms she would receiving and what would be said to her.
This is why I theorize that this song was specifically selected for her, to fit in with her storyline of being seen as "chubby" (even though she wasn't).
Because of this theory, I am led to believe, even more, that Sixteen was fabricated. There is other evidence I could present, but I feel like this one aspect should have been analyzed by it's own.

In conclusion, I love you God Jihyo, you are perfect any way you are!

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
Ok, so I was gonna post this as a separate thread, but I felt like the title would be to confusing, so I'm putting it here. It may also be difficult to understand until I give examples. Also this is more of an observation than a theory:
30. Some idols would have their talents valued more if they were in another group, because another member overshadows them.
Holy crap this is my 30th entry, I'm proud but also weirded out by myself lol.

Ok so explanation: There are some idols in groups that aren't just considered the best in their group, but to be one of the best in the industry. This causes another idol in that group to not have their talent as valued as much, and for them to not have a position they would usually have.
I'm not gonna talk about cases where an idol overshadows another because they are popular for other reasons (produce shows, acting, etc. Also this post is in no way me trying to hate on any of the idols mentioned above, they all deserve to be loved and praised for their talents, it is just my observation.
-Eunbi of IZ*ONE overshadowed by Chaeyeon:

So Eunbi is the Leader, Main Dancer, and Lead Vocalist of IZ*ONE. Now Eunbi is a phenomenal dancer, but there are two Main Dancers of IZ*ONE, Eunbi and Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon is considered to be one of the best, if not the best female dancer of the 4th generation. Because of this Chaeyeon is often viewed as "the dancer of IZ*ONE". The thing is, Eunbi is also an excellent dancer, and has the same position, she just isn't Chaeyeon, who's talent tends to overshadow Eunbi's. Non-Wiz*ones would probably only regard Eunbi as a great vocalist, as she is often placed with everyone else dance-wise by the general population. If Eunbi was in another group I'm sure she would be praised and respect much more for her dancing talent as well as her singing ability.
-Suho of EXO overshadowed by Chen, Baekhyun, and D.O:
EXO's 3 main vocals are arguably the best vocalists of the 3rd generation. But where does this leave Suho, as Lead Vocalist? Suho, if placed in a separate group, could easily have the position of Main Vocalist. It is the talent of Chen, Baekhyun, and D.O that prevents him from also showing this in the majority of EXO songs. He doesn't often sing choruses or have high notes, like a main vocal usually would have. Hopefully once Suho is out of the military he can expand on his solo career more and show his vocal prowess.
-Eunha of Gfriend overshadowed by Yuju:
So Eunha is in the same position as Suho, but instead of Chen, Baekhyun, and D.O, it's Yuju. Yuju like the three EXO main vocals, is considered to be one of the best female vocalists of the 3rd generation. Eunha, situation is a bit different from Suho's, as Eunha does get main vocal style lines and a fair share of highnotes, especially in more recent comebacks. If Eunha was in a separate group I'm sure she would be made the Main Vocalist on the spot, but for now in Gfriend she will continue to be Lead.
-Seulgi of Red Velvet overshadowed by Wendy:
Same situation as the one with Eunha. Wendy is considered one of the best vocalists of the 3rd gen, leading Seulgi to take Lead Vocalist, when her talents would normally land her as Main Vocalist in another group.
-Key of SHINee overshadowed by Taemin:
Taemin is also considered to be one of the greatest dancers in kpop, which leave Key who is an amazing dancer, with a lead role, when he could normally be a Main Dancer.
-Onew of SHINee overshadowed by Jonghyun💜:
Jonghyun is another amazing vocalist who is considered one of the best of the 2nd gen. Because of how phenomenal his voice was, Onew was overshadowed, despite being amazing himself. Fun fact it was Onew's voice in "Lucifer" that got me into SHINee.
-Hongseok of Pentagon overshadowed by Jinho and Hui:
Another example of two out of this world vocalists, leaving Hongseok without a role he could normally obtain. If you didn't know Hongseok almost debuted with iKON, and I think if he was in the group he could have easily been made Main Vocalist.
-Mina of Twice overshadowed by Momo:
Momo is another idol considered to be one of the best of their time, this time in terms of dance. However, Mina like Momo, has the same position and is not given the same praise because her skill is not viewed to be at the same level as Momo. If she was in another group she would be regarded for her dancing much more.
Now I'm gonna list some without explanation, just because I don't have enough knowledge to speak further on them (this could also mean I'm completely wrong):
-Soobin and Dawon of WJSN overshadowed by Yeonjung
-Baby Soul and Jin of Lovelyz overshadowed by Kei
-P.O and Kyung of Block B overshadowed by Zico
-Hyojung of Oh My Girl overshadowed by Seunghee

Here are some cases that are similar but I don't think are quite the same:
-Hyunjin of Stray Kids overshadowed by Changbin and Han (Rap)
-Rowoon of SF9 overshadowed by Inseong (Vocal)
-Hyungwon of Monsta X overshadowed by Shownu (Dance)
-Bang Chan of Stray Kids overshadowed by Lee Know, Hyunjin, and Felix (Dance)

I was also gonna look into Loona, but Loona confuses me idk

butterpuffs

Band Leader
Website
twitter.com
Credits
Minhyun
JR
Hyunjae
Juyeon
Ok, so I was gonna post this as a separate thread, but I felt like the title would be to confusing, so I'm putting it here. It may also be difficult to understand until I give examples. Also this is more of an observation than a theory:
30. Some idols would have their talents valued more if they were in another group, because another member overshadows them.
Holy crap this is my 30th entry, I'm proud but also weirded out by myself lol.

Ok so explanation: There are some idols in groups that aren't just considered the best in their group, but to be one of the best in the industry. This causes another idol in that group to not have their talent as valued as much, and for them to not have a position they would usually have.
I'm not gonna talk about cases where an idol overshadows another because they are popular for other reasons (produce shows, acting, etc. Also this post is in no way me trying to hate on any of the idols mentioned above, they all deserve to be loved and praised for their talents, it is just my observation.
-Eunbi of IZ*ONE overshadowed by Chaeyeon:

So Eunbi is the Leader, Main Dancer, and Lead Vocalist of IZ*ONE. Now Eunbi is a phenomenal dancer, but there are two Main Dancers of IZ*ONE, Eunbi and Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon is considered to be one of the best, if not the best female dancer of the 4th generation. Because of this Chaeyeon is often viewed as "the dancer of IZ*ONE". The thing is, Eunbi is also an excellent dancer, and has the same position, she just isn't Chaeyeon, who's talent tends to overshadow Eunbi's. Non-Wiz*ones would probably only regard Eunbi as a great vocalist, as she is often placed with everyone else dance-wise by the general population. If Eunbi was in another group I'm sure she would be praised and respect much more for her dancing talent as well as her singing ability.
-Suho of EXO overshadowed by Chen, Baekhyun, and D.O:
EXO's 3 main vocals are arguably the best vocalists of the 3rd generation. But where does this leave Suho, as Lead Vocalist? Suho, if placed in a separate group, could easily have the position of Main Vocalist. It is the talent of Chen, Baekhyun, and D.O that prevents him from also showing this in the majority of EXO songs. He doesn't often sing choruses or have high notes, like a main vocal usually would have. Hopefully once Suho is out of the military he can expand on his solo career more and show his vocal prowess.
-Eunha of Gfriend overshadowed by Yuju:
So Eunha is in the same position as Suho, but instead of Chen, Baekhyun, and D.O, it's Yuju. Yuju like the three EXO main vocals, is considered to be one of the best female vocalists of the 3rd generation. Eunha, situation is a bit different from Suho's, as Eunha does get main vocal style lines and a fair share of highnotes, especially in more recent comebacks. If Eunha was in a separate group I'm sure she would be made the Main Vocalist on the spot, but for now in Gfriend she will continue to be Lead.
-Seulgi of Red Velvet overshadowed by Wendy:
Same situation as the one with Eunha. Wendy is considered one of the best vocalists of the 3rd gen, leading Seulgi to take Lead Vocalist, when her talents would normally land her as Main Vocalist in another group.
-Key of SHINee overshadowed by Taemin:
Taemin is also considered to be one of the greatest dancers in kpop, which leave Key who is an amazing dancer, with a lead role, when he could normally be a Main Dancer.
-Onew of SHINee overshadowed by Jonghyun💜:
Jonghyun is another amazing vocalist who is considered one of the best of the 2nd gen. Because of how phenomenal his voice was, Onew was overshadowed, despite being amazing himself. Fun fact it was Onew's voice in "Lucifer" that got me into SHINee.
-Hongseok of Pentagon overshadowed by Jinho and Hui:
Another example of two out of this world vocalists, leaving Hongseok without a role he could normally obtain. If you didn't know Hongseok almost debuted with iKON, and I think if he was in the group he could have easily been made Main Vocalist.
-Mina of Twice overshadowed by Momo:
Momo is another idol considered to be one of the best of their time, this time in terms of dance. However, Mina like Momo, has the same position and is not given the same praise because her skill is not viewed to be at the same level as Momo. If she was in another group she would be regarded for her dancing much more.
Now I'm gonna list some without explanation, just because I don't have enough knowledge to speak further on them (this could also mean I'm completely wrong):
-Soobin and Dawon of WJSN overshadowed by Yeonjung
-Baby Soul and Jin of Lovelyz overshadowed by Kei
-P.O and Kyung of Block B overshadowed by Zico
-Hyojung of Oh My Girl overshadowed by Seunghee

Here are some cases that are similar but I don't think are quite the same:
-Hyunjin of Stray Kids overshadowed by Changbin and Han (Rap)
-Rowoon of SF9 overshadowed by Inseong (Vocal)
-Hyungwon of Monsta X overshadowed by Shownu (Dance)
-Bang Chan of Stray Kids overshadowed by Lee Know, Hyunjin, and Felix (Dance)

I was also gonna look into Loona, but Loona confuses me idk
IMO, Jacob & Kevin of The Boyz overshadowed by Hyunjae, Sangyeon, New (Vocal)

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
This one I feel like is a sad but true kinda thing.
31. NCT Dream's "Reload" comeback was composed of songs that were originally meant for NCT 127's "Kick It" and "Punch" comebacks.
So when the news came out about NCT Dream's new comeback in April I was of course excited, but I quickly became suspicious. I find that the concepts and musical styles from all three comebacks to be extremely similar. All three of them involve, I guess the best way to put it is 'badassery'. Yes, there are some differences of course, but at first look the Dream comeback seemed way to similar to 127's.
I also wouldn't put it pass SM to do this. All nctzens know SM prioritizes 127 over Dream. This can be seen when Dream and 127 have events simultaneously, and Haechan and Mark are always at the 127 event. 127 is also given much more promotion and more comebacks than Dream. 127 has gone on world tours, while Dream has stayed domestic. There are other reasons for this, but SM's blatant favoritism is so obvious.
Something else that made me think that Dream's comeback was kind of scraped together, was the period of time between the announcement and the actual comeback: 15 days.
127's comeback was announced 39 days in advance, that is nearly double Dream's.
There is an argument to be made that 127's had a longer teaser period because it was a full album, but In find this to be too much of s stretch.
Now I'm gonna go over all of the similarities I found between the three comebacks:
-The song structure of the title tracks are all very similar:
Intro had this robotic sound, rap part in the beginning with 3+ members, soft part between the 2nd and 3rd choruses that lead to an eventual high note.
The songs also very rap heavy, with even vocal members being given a verse.
-The stage outfits were very similar:
c4e2f83284799cf8d0d40a329af3dd549159f083.gifv
Sorry the best I could find was a gif
D1JZ3J0.jpg

Something else that I found to similar is the car theme between Punch and Ridin':
ff03dea6-efe3-4aad-93f2-0fe285e36af4.jpg
nctdream_ridin.jpg

I don't understand why SM put the same concept in both groups. Dream had it first, and it fits much more with the song then Punch does.
I also found a lot of similarities in the b-sides whether it be because of the title or because of how the song sounds:
Sit Down=Quiet Down
Love Me Now or Love Song=Love Again
Not Alone=Puzzle Piece

In my opinion SM should have given Dream the full album, because of the whole new system being put in place.
Yeah but basically I think SM did NCT Dream dirty, again.

fvedolls

Band Manager
Credits
Kiwi Pop stopped using effects after Puzzle Moon era

Puzzle Moon had all these effects like the rubik's cube, lighting, the moving tree in the chorus, the constellations, all those effects. But after that, Kiwi Pop (company) stopped using it. Pinky Star was mostly a real set. So was Red Sun. Then it got to the point where Kiwi Pop stopped using effects. IN Bazooka, THE WHOLE SET WAS REAL. Like there were barely any affects.

jenosimp

johnny su(h)premacy
Credits
Cherries
Heart Jewel
Pink Rose
Chocolate Strawberry
This one I feel like is a sad but true kinda thing.
31. NCT Dream's "Reload" comeback was composed of songs that were originally meant for NCT 127's "Kick It" and "Punch" comebacks.
So when the news came out about NCT Dream's new comeback in April I was of course excited, but I quickly became suspicious. I find that the concepts and musical styles from all three comebacks to be extremely similar. All three of them involve, I guess the best way to put it is 'badassery'. Yes, there are some differences of course, but at first look the Dream comeback seemed way to similar to 127's.
I also wouldn't put it pass SM to do this. All nctzens know SM prioritizes 127 over Dream. This can be seen when Dream and 127 have events simultaneously, and Haechan and Mark are always at the 127 event. 127 is also given much more promotion and more comebacks than Dream. 127 has gone on world tours, while Dream has stayed domestic. There are other reasons for this, but SM's blatant favoritism is so obvious.
Something else that made me think that Dream's comeback was kind of scraped together, was the period of time between the announcement and the actual comeback: 15 days.
127's comeback was announced 39 days in advance, that is nearly double Dream's.
There is an argument to be made that 127's had a longer teaser period because it was a full album, but In find this to be too much of s stretch.
Now I'm gonna go over all of the similarities I found between the three comebacks:
-The song structure of the title tracks are all very similar:
Intro had this robotic sound, rap part in the beginning with 3+ members, soft part between the 2nd and 3rd choruses that lead to an eventual high note.
The songs also very rap heavy, with even vocal members being given a verse.
-The stage outfits were very similar:
c4e2f83284799cf8d0d40a329af3dd549159f083.gifv
Sorry the best I could find was a gif
D1JZ3J0.jpg

Something else that I found to similar is the car theme between Punch and Ridin':
ff03dea6-efe3-4aad-93f2-0fe285e36af4.jpg
nctdream_ridin.jpg

I don't understand why SM put the same concept in both groups. Dream had it first, and it fits much more with the song then Punch does.
I also found a lot of similarities in the b-sides whether it be because of the title or because of how the song sounds:
Sit Down=Quiet Down
Love Me Now or Love Song=Love Again
Not Alone=Puzzle Piece

In my opinion SM should have given Dream the full album, because of the whole new system being put in place.
Yeah but basically I think SM did NCT Dream dirty, again.
this is probably true knowing sm, i was (and still am) really confused as to why punch and ridin are the same concepts

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
this is probably true knowing sm, i was (and still am) really confused as to why punch and ridin are the same concepts
Yeah it's sad, my first thought when I saw the title for 'Ridin' was that it was an unused 127 track. Can't they just mix up the concepts, they are SM Entertainment they have tons of money to do so.