LGBTQ+ Support Thread

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover ๐Ÿ’ž
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
โ˜† ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] โ˜†
If it brings people here comfort, since Iโ€™m seeing quite a few people saying they donโ€™t know their sexuality.

You donโ€™t owe anyone your sexuality. You donโ€™t have to know yourself. I think there is a lot of emphasis from people online who want social currency to label as many things about themselves as possible so that they can express that theyโ€™re different from other people. In reality, sexuality just doesnโ€™t matter in the grand scheme of things. When I was younger, I wanted that label because I wanted to know who I was. I clung to the label so desperately because it felt like who I was and who I had to be. I experienced a lot of confusion because my mum would emphasise things like โ€œit might changeโ€ or โ€œyou donโ€™t know yetโ€ and it caused me a lot of stress. As Iโ€™ve gotten older, Iโ€™ve put less and less emphasis on my sexuality for myself. I wonโ€™t lie and say I donโ€™t struggle with identity issues at all, but thereโ€™s a lot less stress for me now. Personally I know right now I 100% like women, and I have no interest in guys, but I ended up preferring the label sapphic because it can account for any dating I choose, because at the end of the day liking women while being a woman is the only criteria for being sapphic. But, even that still counts as a label. You donโ€™t need one at all if you donโ€™t want one or havenโ€™t found one you feel comfortable with. Just date who you want to date! If you like someone thatโ€™s great! You might feel more free in your life by just following your heart instead of a definition given to you online :)

Seogi

โ„œ๐”ž๐”ญ๐”ญ๐”ข๐”ฏ๐”…๐”ถ๐”ฒ๐”ซ
Editor
Author
Credits
Dancing Piglet
โœง Cutie Xiumin โœง
Xiumin
โœง XiuXiu โœง
I think my gender will always be female, but terms of sexuality,
i've really thought about it and in the end, im happy with unlabeled.
i dont think im straight though so ig thats about it
Please take your time Suki!

Seogi

โ„œ๐”ž๐”ญ๐”ญ๐”ข๐”ฏ๐”…๐”ถ๐”ฒ๐”ซ
Editor
Author
Credits
Dancing Piglet
โœง Cutie Xiumin โœง
Xiumin
โœง XiuXiu โœง
If it brings people here comfort, since Iโ€™m seeing quite a few people saying they donโ€™t know their sexuality.

You donโ€™t owe anyone your sexuality. You donโ€™t have to know yourself. I think there is a lot of emphasis from people online who want social currency to label as many things about themselves as possible so that they can express that theyโ€™re different from other people. In reality, sexuality just doesnโ€™t matter in the grand scheme of things. When I was younger, I wanted that label because I wanted to know who I was. I clung to the label so desperately because it felt like who I was and who I had to be. I experienced a lot of confusion because my mum would emphasise things like โ€œit might changeโ€ or โ€œyou donโ€™t know yetโ€ and it caused me a lot of stress. As Iโ€™ve gotten older, Iโ€™ve put less and less emphasis on my sexuality for myself. I wonโ€™t lie and say I donโ€™t struggle with identity issues at all, but thereโ€™s a lot less stress for me now. Personally I know right now I 100% like women, and I have no interest in guys, but I ended up preferring the label sapphic because it can account for any dating I choose, because at the end of the day liking women while being a woman is the only criteria for being sapphic. But, even that still counts as a label. You donโ€™t need one at all if you donโ€™t want one or havenโ€™t found one you feel comfortable with. Just date who you want to date! If you like someone thatโ€™s great! You might feel more free in your life by just following your heart instead of a definition given to you online :)
This is so sweet Miel. Thank you so much. <3

Call_MeRover

๐•ฎ๐–†๐–‘๐–‘ ๐–’๐–Š ๐•ฝ๐–”๐–›๐–Š๐–—.(๐•น๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–๐–“๐–†๐–’๐–Š)
Author
I'm straight for now.Alex-Lei/I'm an ally,