Has An Idol Ever Said/Done Something That Made You Mad

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
The problematicness of the industry disgusts me
these carrds let you know which group has done what. And google can help if you wanna know if a group you stan who isnt on these carrds did anything bad. Personally, I still stan some of these idols but that doesnt mean I wont call them out on their bs or ignore what they have already done.

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
pfft, i feel you. mamamoo has done such scandalous things and never really apologised for it, but ughhhh their music is so good

thank god that pentagon is mostly scandal free :D (besides hyuna/hyojong, bc that also got yuto and hui involved w/ dating rumors)
edit: so apparently pentagon is not scandal free, but uh

Last edited:

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
these carrds let you know which group has done what. And google can help if you wanna know if a group you stan who isnt on these carrds did anything bad. Personally, I still stan some of these idols but that doesnt mean I wont call them out on their bs or ignore what they have already done.
dude i feel so gross after looking at those, jeez...

taesshlong

Maknae
Website
luvsickluvr.carrd.co
Credits
Minisode1 : Blue Hour
The Book of Us: The Demon
Intak
VOICE: The Future is Now
i knew some of the stuff, but i didn't know all of it–
it really saddens me to see all of these groups doing all of these terrible things smh.

Mussmellow

Kpop Fan
Credits
☆ Kep1er - WA DA DA [Ver. D] ☆
☆ Kep1er - WA DA DA [Ver. C] ☆
☆ SEVENTEEN - Rock With You [Ver. A] ☆
☆ SEVENTEEN - Rock With You [Ver. C] ☆
As a black person there's so much. I'm African and like cultural appropriation isn't a thing for us as our history is somewhat different in that sense to Africans who ended up anywhere else but I do sympathise. Now what bothers me is the colourism and racism in kpop. Like sometimes being a black kpop fan is painful. It's one thing to do/say something considered colourist or racist, apologise and learn from that. Which I'm all for and will forgive them. But those idols that continue to do that really disappointed me. Like we've tried and clearly failed to tell them how wrong it is or they really couldn't care less and that bothers me. You can't love the culture and not the people it's honestly quite disgusting if you ask me. There are so many groups who are talented and I've wanted to Stan but haven't for this particular reason. honestly smh
This is just me ranting. If you know you know if not idk. But don't and I say this in the most respectful way, try to justify or protect them if you aren't black or a minority cause you can't invalidate how I feel if you don't have to go through it. Like I won't send hate to them cause that's just wrong. Like I said these idols are talented and I'm not going to say otherwise but I can't find it in me to support them if they continue to act like that.

lynch.

NOT EVEN GHOSTS ARE THIS EMPTY
Credits
User Title Change
User Title Change
✧ Emo Spongebob ✧
Username Change
i dont understand what aespa did (2nd carrd), or rather what the stylists made them wear,, could somebody please explain?

lynch.

Credits
User Title Change
User Title Change
✧ Emo Spongebob ✧
Username Change
i dont understand what aespa did (2nd carrd), or rather what the stylists made them wear,, could somebody please explain?
and it pisses me off how all of these link to twitter statuses

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
As a black person there's so much. I'm African and like cultural appropriation isn't a thing for us as our history is somewhat different in that sense to Africans who ended up anywhere else but I do sympathise. Now what bothers me is the colourism and racism in kpop. Like sometimes being a black kpop fan is painful. It's one thing to do/say something considered colourist or racist, apologise and learn from that. Which I'm all for and will forgive them. But those idols that continue to do that really disappointed me. Like we've tried and clearly failed to tell them how wrong it is or they really couldn't care less and that bothers me. You can't love the culture and not the people it's honestly quite disgusting if you ask me. There are so many groups who are talented and I've wanted to Stan but haven't for this particular reason. honestly smh
This is just me ranting. If you know you know if not idk. But don't and I say this in the most respectful way, try to justify or protect them if you aren't black or a minority cause you can't invalidate how I feel if you don't have to go through it. Like I won't send hate to them cause that's just wrong. Like I said these idols are talented and I'm not going to say otherwise but I can't find it in me to support them if they continue to act like that.
I really hope this isn’t a stupid question, but if I may ask, what is your opinion on idols wearing dreads?

Mussmellow

Kpop Fan
Credits
I really hope this isn’t a stupid question, but if I may ask, what is your opinion on idols wearing dreads?
Like I said a lot of African kpop fans couldn't care less about that honestly. But I do understand where an African American fan is coming from when they do press about cultural appropriation. Although we did both have to go through discrimination cause of our colour and cultures, in America they are minorities while we are the majority here and that's where the difference is. Hundreds of years they were told their hair can't be in it's natural form or in any form that relates to our culture or else there were privileges that were revoked. Even today many black woman are deprived of jobs cause of the way their hair is naturally and is labelled as nappy and unprofessional. They are forced to conform to western standards just to live a somewhat decent life. So it's upsetting for them and rightfully so when the culture they were and still are not allowed to express becomes a "trend" or "fashion style". Caucasians are praised for wearing dreads or braids or conrows etc but as soon as a black person does it it's a problem. When they talk a certain way it's ghetto but as soon as a caucasian talks that way it's cool. Do you understand why it's a problem for them?

What I don't understand is,and inform me anyone if you know cause I'm curious, where do we draw the line between cultural appropriation and cultural appreciation. Like from my perspective J-Hope wearing dreads for the Chicken Noodle Soup video was cultural appreciation cause he has stated many times how much he loves African culture and the song was a tribute of sorts as he said that was the first song he danced to. I however saw some Black fans saying it's cultural appropriation. So how do we tell the difference? We don't know idols personally. How can we determine which it is if we don't know the mindset behind it. They could know the history behind the culture and be showing cultural appreciation or could be ignorant and just do it cause it looks cool. Again how do we know which it is? I'm genuinely curious.
Sorry if this was lengthy and I hope I answered your question before bunny trailing lol

Mussmellow

Kpop Fan
Credits
Personally it's never bothered me. Sometimes it's more cringe than anything cause ig I'm used to seeing black people with them so when I see none black people with them it's really weird. But that's just my opinion. I can't and won't speak for all of us

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
Like I said a lot of African kpop fans couldn't care less about that honestly. But I do understand where an African American fan is coming from when they do press about cultural appropriation. Although we did both have to go through discrimination cause of our colour and cultures, in America they are minorities while we are the majority here and that's where the difference is. Hundreds of years they were told their hair can't be in it's natural form or in any form that relates to our culture or else there were privileges that were revoked. Even today many black woman are deprived of jobs cause of the way their hair is naturally and is labelled as nappy and unprofessional. They are forced to conform to western standards just to live a somewhat decent life. So it's upsetting for them and rightfully so when the culture they were and still are not allowed to express becomes a "trend" or "fashion style". Caucasians are praised for wearing dreads or braids or conrows etc but as soon as a black person does it it's a problem. When they talk a certain way it's ghetto but as soon as a caucasian talks that way it's cool. Do you understand why it's a problem for them?

What I don't understand is,and inform me anyone if you know cause I'm curious, where do we draw the line between cultural appropriation and cultural appreciation. Like from my perspective J-Hope wearing dreads for the Chicken Noodle Soup video was cultural appreciation cause he has stated many times how much he loves African culture and the song was a tribute of sorts as he said that was the first song he danced to. I however saw some Black fans saying it's cultural appropriation. So how do we tell the difference? We don't know idols personally. How can we determine which it is if we don't know the mindset behind it. They could know the history behind the culture and be showing cultural appreciation or could be ignorant and just do it cause it looks cool. Again how do we know which it is? I'm genuinely curious.
Sorry if this was lengthy and I hope I answered your question before bunny trailing lol
No, I actually really appreciate your lengthy response! As a white person, it’s extremely beneficial for— Well, not just me, but everyone. I never really know how to approach this subject, and because I’m not black, I cannot speak for what is and what is not okay. I really appreciate you taking the time to educate me! I never knew that about black women, I really appreciate that kind of hair, as I think it looks beautiful, but it‘s horrible to find out that their natural hair isn’t "good enough" for the workplace. I thought I knew enough about this topic, but you’ve shown me how ignorant I am! I really thank you, I feel like a lot of people don’t know how to talk calmly about issues like this, (regardless of race, by the way) as shown especially by Hendery (yeah, uh, still upset over that), so I really respect you! Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

I really hope that didn’t sound sarcastic or passive aggressive because it’s not, I’m genuinely appreciative

Mussmellow

Kpop Fan
Credits
No, I actually really appreciate your lengthy response! As a white person, it’s extremely beneficial for— Well, not just me, but everyone. I never really know how to approach this subject, and because I’m not black, I cannot speak for what is and what is not okay. I really appreciate you taking the time to educate me! I never knew that about black women, I really appreciate that kind of hair, as I think it looks beautiful, but it‘s horrible to find out that their natural hair isn’t "good enough" for the workplace. I thought I knew enough about this topic, but you’ve shown me how ignorant I am! I really thank you, I feel like a lot of people don’t know how to talk calmly about issues like this, (regardless of race, by the way) as shown especially by Hendery (yeah, uh, still upset over that), so I really respect you! Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

I really hope that didn’t sound sarcastic or passive aggressive because it’s not, I’m genuinely appreciative
You're welcome. And don't worry I feel that way too. Seeing as I don't and haven't experienced that kind of discrimination cause of where I was born and raised there was a lot I never understood and took time to learn about cause at the end of the day despite our differences I think of us as one. Though some things I still may not get I like to be able to see both sides of the coin. And cause of that I've actually come to genuinely sympathise with them over this issue. Like I get pressed when someone brushes off the topic like it's them being overly sensitive cause this is what people are going through even today. So I'm glad I could educate you and anyone who wanted to read my response. I myself am also still learning so I'm not quite there yet.

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
the ponytail is called a yaki ponytail wore by black women. the ponytail is supposed to show their natural curly hair being relaxed giving it more wavy texture. many women wore weave to achieve this look others who have long hair just relax their hair with hair relaxing chemicals.
perm-yaki-18-s2.jpg

theres a reason why when you search yaki ponytail on google it shows pictures of black women (besides Kylie Jenner but her and her whole family are culture vultures i wasnt even surprised to see her)

lynch.

Credits
User Title Change
User Title Change
✧ Emo Spongebob ✧
Username Change
the ponytail is called a yaki ponytail wore by black women. the ponytail is supposed to show their natural curly hair being relaxed giving it more wavy texture. many women wore weave to achieve this look others who have long hair just relax their hair with hair relaxing chemicals.
perm-yaki-18-s2.jpg

theres a reason why when you search yaki ponytail on google it shows pictures of black women (besides Kylie Jenner but her and her whole family are culture vultures i wasnt even surprised to see her)
ooohhh,, i understand now

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
perm-yaki-18-s2.jpg

Oh thats so gorgeous!