ENCHANTRESS {Fake Group} Introduction/Updates/News

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Who is Your ENCHANTRESS Bias?

• Bada

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Yujin

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Xia

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Violet

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Zoe

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
09c2f7e25a7874ad541204e72947c386.png

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
9d1bb5f64e0b318de0d2974d47797384.png

Welcome to part I forget of a series where I (the creator of ENCHANTRESS) will offer
previously unreleased thoughts and random information about the group.
I just really enjoy sharing my process, even if you don't care all that much.
This installment will focus solely on the creation of the ENCHANTRESS's "Villainy" series.

✨ Series Origin ✨
The idea for the "Villainy" series came from 2 places. The first is a draft album I made based on Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. The album was called "Mirror Mirror" and focused mainly on the Evil Queen.
This is pretty unusual for ENCHANTRESS, as their albums focus on the protagonist.
At the time I was also trying to come up with another trio of mini albums. They would be like the first trio of EPs ENCHANTRESS released. These were based on love and it's many forms in fairytales. I decided I wanted to pick another popular element of fairytales and selected villains. I figured it would show growth within the group, since they had released so many protagonist based albums at this point. I could also expand their sound with darker songs. I also essentially had 1 of the EPs already set with "Mirror Mirror".

✨ Series Name and Concepts ✨
The name "Villainy" just comes from the word Villain. I tried to come up with a past tense verb like "Enchanted" but villainy stuck. Now I did want to add another layer to the concept of these albums outside of it being about villains. So I decided on the seven deadly sins. Originally I tried to pick 2 for each EP, leaving out lust for obvious reasons. But it became too difficult to make it work.
I gave the Snow White, "Villainy: Reflection of Vanity", album the sin of pride, but it was almost envy at one point.
But I found envy to be too similar to greed.
Pride fit based on the Evil Queen's desire to be the fairest in the land.

Villainy: Spellbound is about gluttony and focused on the fairytale "Aladdin and the Golden Lamp". The villain in this story displays gluttonous behaviors with their quest to gain more and more magic and power. Fun fact this album was originally called "Cast a Spell" and didn't have a villain concept. I also attempted to switch the fairytale to Hansel and Gretal. But I decided against the use of a cannibalistic witch lol.

Lastly there is Villainy: Golden Greed which is obviously the sin of greed. I picked Rumplestiltskin cause I used to be a big fan of the show Once Upon a Time and he was one of my favorites.

Next I'll talk about the first EP in the series: Villainy: Reflection of Vanity".

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
9d1bb5f64e0b318de0d2974d47797384.png

Welcome to part I forget of a series where I (the creator of ENCHANTRESS) will offer
previously unreleased thoughts and random information about the group.
I just really enjoy sharing my process, even if you don't care all that much.
This installment will focus solely on ENCHANTRESS's 5th EP "Villainy: Reflection of Vanity"

✨ Album Origins ✨
Like stated in the creator thoughts above, "Villainy: Reflection of Vanity" is part of the "Villainy" series. Instead of representing the protagonist, it is the villain that the album is based on.
Now this album starts way back in 2021 and the theme was mainly about royalty. My description of the album in my notes is literally "queens and sh*t". It was a full album and was called "Queendom" but then switched to "The Crown" some time later. This is before I reformed ENCHANTRESS to have each album be based on a fairytale.

✨ Album Name and Concept ✨
The concept of the first EP is similar to that of "Queendom"/"The Crown", so I attached Snow White when I was giving draft albums fairytales.
And like I mentioned above, when I created the "Villainy" series I attached one of the seven deadly sins to each album. I picked pride for this album for obvious reasons.
At one point I did change the sin to envy.
But envy is too similar to greed and I wanted one of the other albums to be greed.

The album's name then went to "Mirror Mirror" when Snow White was attached. But I wanted to include "Villainy:" at the beginning and have the 2nd part represent the sin. So "Mirror Mirror" went and was replaced by "Reflection of Vanity". When I tried changing the sin to envy it became "Reflection of Envy".

✨ Villainy: Reflection of Vanity Tracks ✨
I am going to be mentioning the tracks given for "Queendom"/"The Crown" separately because they feel quite distant from the final album. I also don't remember much about my reason for picking them.
I will exclude "Lion" because it is the one song that stayed on.

The Crown/Queendom Tracks
Power-Little Mix
At one point this song was going to be their first English song.
Then at one point I decided to create units for the album. This became the song for the dance line (Xia, Violet, Zoe).
So I just had it as pretending the song was in Korean.
I even choreographed a whole dance for it too lol.

I Am The Best-2NE1
If it did stay past the album revolution I would remove it due to how dated it sounds now.

Empire-Minnie and Wengie
This became the unit song for Yujin and Bada.

Kingdom Come-Red Velvet
I love this song with my whole heart and hope to put it on an Ever After album at some point.

More & More-Twice
If this song stayed past the album revolution I would remove it because it sounds too tropical for the overall sound of the album.
The song also irritates me now.

How You Like That-Blackpink
This could have stayed but it doesn't have enough pride.

Say My Name-ANS
Doesn't sound enough like an ENCHANTRESS song.

Queen-Twice
This song was replaced by Fiesta - IZ*ONE at one point.
I think I replaced it because at the time the album name was "Queendom".
I don't like repeating words in songs or album names.

Fiesta - IZ*ONE
Fits the royalty aspect of wanting to party and go wild, but yeah no.
I would remove it from the album either way.

My Sea-IU
The only reason this song was on the album is because the title sounds very royal. But the song really isn't about that at all.
But I promise you'll be seeing it very soon!

"Villainy: Reflection of Vanity" Tracks
Now these are the songs that were involved when making the tracklist after the original album was scrapped.

Get It - Pristin V
This was the first title track.
It fits perfectly in terms of concept and lyrics. However it doesn't sound like and ENCHANTRESS song.
It's too hip hop oriented and just sounds too girl crush.
I tried to find a remix that toned it down but nope.
So I swapped it out with "Love Dive" and then "Lion"

Love Dive - IVE
Love Dive was originally a promotional bside. I picked it because of the "narcissistic my god I love it line".
It fit ENCHANTRESS's sound better and I was really in love with the song at the time.
However I changed it super last minute to "Lion". I'm talking 4 days before the album dropped. FOUR DAYS!!
I had posted a Violet's Vocal Time of her singing the 'demo' of "Lion". I said it was a song that almost made the album. Smh...well now I just think of it as an elaborate spoiler.
This is because the rest of the lyrics don't fit the concept.
"Love Dive" is also CALLA's debut song and I didn't want to do that to @yunaing . A debut song is too important.
The line distribution was also kinda trash.

Lion - (G)I-DLE
I was originally against having this as the title track because I felt it didn't fit ENCHANTRESS's sound well.
But at closer examination it does work, it's just not typical.
But the purpose of the "Villainy" series is to expand the group's sound so "Lion" became the final title track.

Apple - Gfriend
This one stayed on due to it's strong connections to the fairytale.
The sound also really fit the album.
This song also became the promo bside after "Love Dive" was temporarily promoted to the title track.

Royal - IVE
This one fit the concept and the sound perfectly.

Pretty Savage - Blackpink
This was a bolder choice for me because the song isn't exactly ENCHANTRESS.
But the album needed hard hitting rap verses.

Heart - Taeyeon
I needed a ballad and Miss Taeyeon delivered again.
I picked it because it fit the concept. It also has the connection to the fairytale like Apple.

AYAYAYA - IZ*ONE
This song was added later than the previous songs.
It again really fits the album

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
8a26d578c131765e362a6fc06dbb379e.png

ENCHANTRESS FikLive starting in 3, 2, 1...

wonyoung-yujin-wonyoung.gif

Yejoon=Yujin, Violet=Wonyoung

Yejoon: Surprise *winks*

Violet: Hi Aurora and Lily! Thank you for tuning in for this super exciting Fik Live! *literally bouncing with excitement* Unnie and I are going to be going way back in time to when we were trainees together. But first I have to introduce myself. Make a wish! Hello I am Violet of ENCHANTRESS! I hope you enjoy our Fik Live Aurora and Lily!
iu-small.gif

Yejoon: Hello, I’m Yejoon of CALLA, and I’m excited to be a special guest on the ENCHANTRESS Fik-Live channel. Especially because Violet’s group have just released their song ‘Door’, and I just wanted to be able to share how much I love the song and wanted to congratulate Violet on the release.
DemandingSpiffyFly-max-1mb.gif

Violet: Aww thank you unnie! I was a little nervous for the song to drop since it’s a different style from what we usually do. So hearing that you like it means the world to me!

Yejoon: You’re welcome, and should definitely feel very proud *gives her a pat on the back*.

Violet: *Violet blushes and covers her face* Okay I think I might explode if you give me anymore compliments so why don’t we go back in time to predebut Yejoon unnie and Violet.

Yejoon: Yep, that sounds good.

Violet: Okay the first topic is first impressions, and do I have a good answer for this! I remember being in the practice room with a couple of other trainees. I think Chaehyun unnie and Ningning unnie were there. We were waiting on our vocal trainer to come in to start the lesson. When she did come in she wasn’t alone. There was this super tall girl with her. She looked older than me and I honestly was kinda intimidated. I thought you were some kind of supermodel. Your face is just so chic and even then you were super statuesque. Later I know a career as a vocalist was a given for you, but you could totally be a model in another universe. Anyways, our vocal trainer introduced the group to Yejoon unnie. You were pretty quiet during the first part of the lesson. But then during our break Ningning unnie gathered everyone and we started talking. Yejoon unnie and I really bonded during this conversation. We have similar introverted personalities and both have a love for singing. Even though I was quite a bit younger than her she was a really good friend during the year we trained together.

Yejoon: Ah… you explained everything in such depth. But I’ll try my best to give my perspective too. I was really nervous that day, because the vocal trainer had already told me the other vocalists I’d be meeting were really talented. Even though I’d been singing for most of my life, there was that part of me which felt I wouldn’t be able to keep up. However… maybe this is wrong to say… but some of those nerves went away when I saw how small everyone was *covers her mouth trying not to laugh*. Everyone was so much smaller than me, and were so cute. But I did still feel a little out of place, and when we started singing and the nerves came back to me, because you all were really talented. I found out not long after that, that Chaehyun and Ningning were the same age as me, but Violet was younger than us all. Yet somehow, I still felt closer to Violet. Like she said, we were both quiet and a bit more shy, but also, even though she was my company senior, and still is a senior to me in the industry, I felt like I needed to take care of her. At the age we were at the time, our age gap was really noticeable. So I felt like I had a responsibility to fulfill as an Unnie. I hope I succeeded.

Violet: You were the best unnie!! Before you came to SM a lot of the trainees would avoid me a bit. I was younger than most of those in our group, so a lot of the older girls didn’t know how to befriend me. But Yejoon unnie didn’t care and took me under her wing, even though it should have been me doing that. I probably would have left SM a lot sooner if it wasn’t for her.

Yejoon: When you left the company, life there really did become harder for me. I never realised how much training beside you meant to me. I stayed there for some time longer, holding onto the hope I’d debut anyway. But I kept questioning whether I even wanted to since my closest friend was gone. Then my debut plans fell through anyway… but ah. That type of talk is too sad for right now.

Violet: Then let’s remember we did end up debuting in different wonderful groups. Even though they are different ones, I’m so happy we got to reconnect.

Yejoon: Ah, definitely. Because even though I hate being the youngest in my group, and even though I miss being the Unnie who is always by your side, I can’t be too upset when I see how amazing your Unnies now treat you, and of course, Zoe too. I will say one thing though… that jealousy started to skyrocket when you and Hyunjoo-Unnie were in COS together *awkward laughter*. I remember Hyunjoo-Unnie telling me the list of idols she was performing with, and I heard your stage name and my head shot up. I tried to act cool and mentioned we trained together and it made me smile to see Hyunjoo-Unnie get excited at the idea of meeting you because of that. But there was that part of me that was jealous even in a temporary group I wouldn’t get to perform with you, and instead my member would. But I suppose the good thing is, because of that, Hyunjoo-Unnie gave me your contact details and we were able to reconnect. So I guess I should be thankful to her instead of jealous.

Violet: I remember before I met all of the members of the first COS unit my manager unnie didn’t tell me the names of the fic-idols, only the groups or if they were soloists. I guess they wanted to preserve some element of surprise when we first met. Anyways, I heard that a CALLA member would be performing with me and I got so excited thinking it was you unnie. Ah and nothing against Hyunjoo unnie! I love her too, I just hadn’t gotten the time to meet her yet. So when I came into the room I didn’t see you, which made me quite sad. But I made it my mission to ask Hyunjoo unnie for your phone number. It took me a while to gather the courage to do so because I didn’t want to come off as rude, asking for your number and not hers. But like you said, you had told Hyunjoo unnie ahead of time so she was ahead of the game. Before I could even ask for your number she asked for mine so that she could give it to you. From there we started off texting again. I still remember the first message you sent to me unnie *giggles*, it was so funny. It was something like, “Hey Hwayoung, it’s me Yejoon. Do you remember me from SM. I was that really tall girl you were friends with. Umm yeah but how are you?” It was so awkward but also really endearing.

Yejoon: Ah… *awkwardly scratching her neck*. Even though I know I’m so amazing… I didn’t want to just assume you’d remember me. Because it would’ve been even more awkward if you had no idea who I was.

Violet: I would never forget you unnie! This was also around the time that you debuted so you were on my mind a lot. I remember watching your first stages of “Love Dive” and being so amazed!

To be continued​

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
Yejoon: Ah… thank you. I really did like Love Dive, the vibe was so chic and mysterious, and I think it was a good introduction to who we as CALLA were. After seeing Ningning, Chaehyun and you all debut in groups that were so perfect for you all, I kept wondering how would my debut be when it finally came. CLOSER really was so perfect for you, it was so lovely and elegant just like you, so I wanted my debut to be the same.

Violet: Aww thank you unnie! I loved getting to debut with “Closer”. Like you said, it's really elegant and also magical. It really captures ENCHANTRESS’s fairytale concept. I was so nervous nobody would like it, but knowing unnie liked it means that it’s good! I do remember this one moment during promotions where I thought, ‘Wouldn’t it be so cool if one day Yejoon unnie was promoting at the same time as ENCHANTRESS?’.

Yejoon: Have we had any side by side promotions yet? I know we’ve definitely come close. We did get to do the collab stage at FKAMA too so I guess that kind of counts.

Violet: I don’t think so? Maybe our companies are purposefully not overlapping our comebacks because they know we would be spending too much time in each other’s dressing rooms and not rehearsing *giggles*.

Yejoon: Probably. Our groups get along too well. They probably wouldn’t be able to focus. Anyway, do you want to talk about something else now? Maybe we could talk about meeting up for the first time again after debut?

Violet: Sure! I think it was at a cafe in between our dorms. It was so funny walking in because we of course have to cover our faces to stay incognito. I think I walked around the cafe about 3 times trying to build up the courage to ask the person who I thought was you if you were you. But then as I passed your table you whispered, “Is that you Hwayoung?”.

Yejoon: I remember that! I was so scared I was going to accidentally expose one of us. But I guess maybe there could’ve just been a different Hwayoung… Anyway, I remember my heart beating so fast seeing you again. Even though we’d been talking again, it had been so long. I wondered if you’d changed at all since I’d last seen you, or perhaps since you were such a famous singer at that point, whether you’d have a different aura to you. But, thankfully, our little Violet was the same as she’d always been.

Violet: Hey I definitely grew between SM and debut. *puffs herself up* Not as little as you remembered *said in a huff*.

Yejoon: You did? Perhaps I grew too then *smirks*

Violet: Ughh not fair! My parents always said I would catch up but I guess that never happened. I still have to look up when I talk to 99% of people, especially unnie.

Yejoon: I mean… if you think about it… the smaller you are, the more concentrated your adorable energy is. You have less space to fill with your cuteness *looks blank* I don’t know what I’m even talking about anymore. I used to be good at science and maths but I let it all go *laughs*

Violet: *laughs along* I actually remember talking about that the first time we met up. It was more like school in general. But I found out that we both went to Hanlim! Of course I’m a senior now and you graduated a while ago. So we never got to take classes together. We would haven’t even been at Hanlim at the same time. Wow unnie you’re sooo old!!

Yejoon: I’m… ah *looking flabbergasted*. I can’t tell whether I feel honoured or offended. I’m really not that old, I’m only 20! But at the same time, I’m always bullied by my Unnie for being young, so I feel strangely happy about being called old for once? Ah this is a weird feeling *laughs*

Violet: Hehe you’re old. I should start referring to you as ajumma not unnie. *giggles* It’s usually only Zoe who calls the members old, but now I 100% see the appeal.

Yejoon: I do not understand why Sophia-Unnie, who else, likes to call me young so much! She’s just aging herself in the process. She just turned 23 after all!

Violet: Well I guess being younger is just another thing we have in common. *shrugs* But anyways, we hung out at the cafe for several hours. I remember the only reason we left was because Bada unnie and Hyunjoo unnie threatened to send our managers to bring us back to the dorm. But it was so much fun!

Yejoon: Yep… and now look. We’re back to being best friends… or you could think of us as destined sisters or something. It seems to me we’ll always find a way back to each other *chuckles*

Violet: That was so sweet but so cheesy unnie. But yeah, I know we’ll be best friends forever.

Yejoon: Yeah… definitely. Do you maybe want to sing a song from our trainee days to finish up the fik-live?

Violet: Sure! Aurora and Lily there was a song Yejoon unnie and I would sing a lot for practice. It’s “I” by Taeyeon sunbaenim! We obviously won’t be doing the rap, unless unnie wants to reveal a secret talent.

Yejoon: Ah… I’m definitely not improvising the rap right now…

Violet: Okay no rap from Yejoon unnie, but I hope you enjoy Aurora and Lily!

*They sing together*

Yejoon: Well, I guess we’ll end it here. Thank you to everyone who turned in, and thank you to Violet for having me on her group’s channel once again. I feel very honoured. And it was lovely to reminisce over our memories after so long.

Violet: Thank you for watching Aurora and Lily! We promise that we’ll share more bits of our friendship in the future. Please look forward to ENCHANTRESS’s new album and CALLA’s future activities! Byeeeeee

Yejoon: Goodbye!

This FikLive has ended

Creators mentioned: @yunaing
Also Stan CALLA!

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
8c0085a1b2f391928e32a757c45ffed5.png

I made an ENCHANTRESS quiz if you would like to test your knowledge!

roaxy

(¯`*•.¸,¤°´✿.。.:* вєαυтιfυℓ *.:。.✿`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
Website
bluequeen000.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
User Title Change
Guardian: The Lonely and Great God

I got 11 wrong
This is a very sad day
Even my username was wrong/j

Sunshiny_felix7

Makes my heart flutter
Editor
Author
Credits
Anri
✧ Brownie Boy ✧
Gaeul

I got 23/30 😭

Mikasa Ackerman

🕊️🧣🐚
Staff member
Editor
Author
Website
www.instagram.com
Credits
✧ Reki Kyan ✧
✧ Attack on Titan ✧
Vernon
Wonwoo

Can't believe I got the question about Enchantress's debut track wrong!