Do you think that shipping is weird?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

x.Jennifer.x

Face of The Group
Website
twitter.com
Credits
Woohyun
Sunggyu
Lex
Sunyoul
nahhhh I'm 37 years old, i think the only ones who get weirded out are the youngsters who don't really understand it or the ones who can't picture the same sex being together, sometimes it's for fun but sometimes you just watch videos and it looks so obvious i never think it's wrong, if it's real then love is love, i think it's fun to watch, fun to guess, and sometimes pretty hot lol. However, I don't publicly go around and announce things, Mostly i talk about it between my friends or if it comes up in a discussion. I understand that some get uncomfortable about it, or feel like it's a disgrace to the artists, but on the other hand if the artists are kinda making it obvious or confirm something it's hard to just ignore it. Again this is just my opinion/feelings and really don't feel there's a right or wrong answer here. It's all in someones perception.

BL bro

Kpop Fan
Credits
Lol personally I just keep my ships to myself and don't tell anyone about them because it could make people or idols uncomfortable (even I've made a thread abt ships that I'm not very proud of because I saw people doing stuff like that). But I feel like if ppl like actually like think the idols are in a romantic relationship and they love each like that... I think they need their head checked (unless said idols have previously confirmed their relationship to be real). Of course we all love to fantasize but sometimes people just stray a little too far from the real world.
Nvm what am I even saying. I love shipping and reading fanfics. Lol I sound like a hypocrite now. It's just hard to have opinions at this point cuz it's like no opinion is good enough so oh well. I really just hope shipping doesn't go too far and hurt the idols because I'd never want that.

D

Dremes

I think it's weird, you don't know the idols personal life. The ships are mainly gay but I'm pretty sure not every single kpop boy is gay. Unless it's been confirmed I don't like to ship that often. I ship as friends but that's about it.

BL bro

Kpop Fan
Credits
Nvm what am I even saying. I love shipping and reading fanfics. Lol I sound like a hypocrite now. It's just hard to have opinions at this point cuz it's like no opinion is good enough so oh well. I really just hope shipping doesn't go too far and hurt the idols because I'd never want that.
I just like the great chemistry some idols have with each other but obviously yes not all of them are gay. Like my friends and I ship ppl together in our grade or my friends ship me with ppl but like we keep it private and it's all for fun. So I don't rlly take shipping seriously but I do like it because it's fun. Just I don't talk abt it with ppl and keep it to myself so ppl went yell at me for shipping.

L

Love_alize071313

I'm not uncomfortable with it unless it's super severely sexual. Like I'm good with DadxSon/MomxDaughter ships or bestie ships or even fans saying as a joke like "OMG they act like a married couple Lol". But when the sexual stuff happens is where i cross the line. I used to be big with them and stuff but now it justt makes me kinda worried abt how the idols feel, prolly bc i was shipped w/ sm1 and had a 'fanfiction' of my own. *shudders* yeah. It's not fun.

BiasWreck

Consistently Forgetting to Show Up
Author
Credits
Green Tea
Sheep Plush
Karina
Winter
Like shipping personally makes me a little uncomfortable, especially the extent that kpop fans take it. The popular ship, Meanie, actually caused the people in it to distance from each other because they hated the constant shipping. And like don't even get me started on ships between people from different groups. Those are just so weird because 90% of the time they don't even know each other
I completely agree. People really do a lot of inter-group shipping and it is weird if they don't know each other... I also find it kind of rude to just assume the sexualities of members and ship them with other members of the same group. I mean, if the idols say their sexuality or that they have a crush on someone, it's okay. But not just assigning a sexuality that they aren't. I'm not homophobic at all, I've just been assigned a sexuality that I'm not before and I didn't like it at all....

gwslay

< jjuni 3
Author
Website
vivari.carrd.co
Credits
Baekgyeul
Jaechan
Bian
Raspberry
Shipping is ok for me but I mainly ship idols as friends :3
I honestly dont mind if others ship people as long as you dont make really weird fanfics 😶

also i have a bad experience of being shipped with someone but we're not gonna talk about that

BiasWreck

Consistently Forgetting to Show Up
Author
Credits
Green Tea
Sheep Plush
Karina
Winter
Shipping is ok for me but I mainly ship idols as friends :3
I honestly dont mind if others ship people as long as you dont make really weird fanfics 😶

also i have a bad experience of being shipped with someone but we're not gonna talk about that
Shipping as friends isn't really "shipping" then.... Shipping them as friends is fine

I got shipped with my best friend and it was super awkward so there's that----

gwslay

< jjuni 3
Author
Website
vivari.carrd.co
Credits
Baekgyeul
Jaechan
Bian
Raspberry
Shipping as friends isn't really "shipping" then.... Shipping them as friends is fine

I got shipped with my best friend and it was super awkward so there's that----
ye i dont really know how to explain it but just not like hardcore shipping like i dont like it when people go "YES THEY NEED TO GET MARRIED HSABSJS" cus ye

also specifically when idols say not to ship ;_;

Bxngcxn

Kpop Rookie
Website
open.spotify.com
Credits
Winter
I'm fine with ships (heck I ship myself) BUT there should be a line that people shouldn't cross. It's okay to ship two idols but actively thinking they're together and making analysis videos that "prove" it is weird. I also think that ships should remain in the fandom and idols shouldn't know about them because it can make things awkward between them

Tracy

.𖥔 𝗟𝗶𝗲 𝗪𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗬𝗼𝘂𖥔 ˖
Staff member
iShop Manager
SNS Manager
Editor
Website
tenacy.carrd.co
Credits
Dancing Winnie The Pooh
Mark
Haechan
Woozi
For me shipping is very weird and I really hate it so much, some fans tend to take it too far. Even if the two people are just friends they sometimes make into a relationship thing.This makes the idols uncomfortable and it shows, there is the boys who tend to not go close to female idols because they might get shipped and rumors could start.

It would be so great if we could see both boy groups and female groups and the soloist talking more showing each other support without it turning into some shipping or dating rumor and some of these obsessed fans should chill a little. It's normal for male and female to be friends without something romantic going on.

I know lots of fans would love to see their faves both BG and GG interacting more or even colab. I know it would make many fans happy.

kokomi

彡☆
Credits
Username Change
Flower Vase
Berry Tart
Heart Cake
if people want to, that's fine. but if you're going to try and force it onto the idols, onto other people, and not stop then theres a problem. i used to ship idols when i was a baby kpop stan but i grew out of that quickly. people shipping idols very intensly makes me uncomfortable but if they are doing nothing wrong then i couldn't care less. i honestly only ship idols as close friends/siblings

maddie.stiff

Kpop Rookie
Author
Website
maddiestiff.carrd.co
Credits
Vivi
Personally, I like ships, but I HATE when they go too far. I like to keep my ships to myself and maybe some of my close friends. But ships shouldn't go as far as splitting people up because of it.

HeroHaikyu

Kpop Expert
Website
herohaikyu.carrd.co
Credits
Mint Chocolate Ice Cream
Green Tea
Personally, I like ships, but I HATE when they go too far. I like to keep my ships to myself and maybe some of my close friends. But ships shouldn't go as far as splitting people up because of it.
sPlItTiNg PeOpLe Up??? *that's stupid* I do ship people, yeah, but not to that extent-

chuuwie

Kpop Amateur
Credits
I think shipping is ok as long as the idols have not asked not to be shipped, I still think its weird to make fan fictions about two idols, and to make videos like "proof liskook is real" and turn the smallest things like a tattoo into proof someone it dating someone else and it might make idols feel forced to date other idols to keep fans happy. I do find shipping creepy but if the idols don't mind I dont mind.