Do you think that shipping is weird?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Axroraliea

𝓔𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓘 𝓷𝓮𝓮𝓭 𝓲𝓼 𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮
Author
Website
axroralieacafe.carrd.co
Credits
Lilac
Jiyoon
Jiyoung
Ningning
I think that shipping is okay, but only when you think of the groups/idols you ship as close friends, not when you say that they're dating–that's just disgusting and horrible. I ship Chaelisa and Jensoo but I only ship them because I think they really match with each other in style and personality and things like that. Not the weird type where you say they actually love each other. So shipping shouldn't go too overboard.
yeah like shipping is totally fine, I ship chaelisa and jensoo too, but like don't ship them in some weird way some people may get pissed. I like shipping in a friendly way, like shipping because of how close they are like there friends.

ec.li.ps.e

Kpop Stan
Credits
Handong
Siyeon
Gahyeon
SuA
I've been writing fanfic (and shipping) with DC for almost a year at this point, so I've had a lot of time to think about what I'm doing and I have a sort of roundabout take but??

Fantasy does not equal reality. If you take part in fandom shipping, you need to understand that. If you dare to get mad that your ship isn't "sailing" or god forbid, you say something TO THE IDOLS in livestreams, on comments, at fricking fansigns, then you're the weirdo. You've deluded yourself into thinking this blatantly not true thing and that's on you.

Also, in regards to shipping and stuff, I personally would be completely fine with it. I've had people write about me before and I find it super cool. Imitation is the highest form of flattery and all that. I think it's cool because it's not actually me in the story they write, it's a character heavily inspired by me. Likewise, in the fics I write, it isn't actually (for instance) JiU and Yoohyeon that I'm writing about. I have created characters inspired by them that I'm writing as.

It's a very nuanced issue that's a matter of personal preference, and as long as there's no statement coming out from the idols to stop, nor ay signs of their discomfort (an example for specifically Deukae is people going on Vlives and asking Yoohyeon, since she's fluent in English, to go kiss other members, namely JiU, which is delusional on the part of the requester and also... literally sexual harrassment? And it makes her uncomfortable when people do that), nor any truly weird things (see above example) coming from the shippers, it's fine. But you have to be mature and intelligent about it.

loonayoongi

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Seori
what i hate the most is when fans start making mysoginistic comments about a female idol because she's "getting in the way of their ship", especially because most of the time this female idol has done nothing more than look at the shipped idol or sometimes it's her fanbase that also ships her with this idol even though they had zero interaction so the fandom takes it out on her and call her disgusting insults. it's truly sad because she did nothing to deserve this and the shipped idols would probably not approve this hateful behavior.

KPOP_bb-gg_stan

Kpop Fan
Stray Kids Everywhere All Around The World
Website
iheartkpop.carrd.co
Credits
Rainbow Fingerheart
Shipping as close friends is okay, but shipping romantically is disgusting and can make the idols uncomfortable. They're human beings too. Remember in school when someone would say you had a crush on someone and you got uncomfortable? Now take that and imagine your entire state/country/province heard it and made fun of you for it. That's probably how they feel. Sorry for my rant.

chaechae.core

Band Manager
Website
mintchocochaechae.carrd.co
Credits
Growing Heart
Chaeyoung
Felix
Chaewon
My ships kinda stay to my myself and my friends, I don't go off screaming "ship so and so" but I rlly do wish some idols were together, Sometimes, idek what to think anymore, at first I think it's just fan service, but then I think but if you were to act all lovey-dovey to another person, wouldn't you feel something?
I don't know, but I'm gonna be honest, I have shipped idols beforee
Just please don't cross a line with shipping is my rule,

ignoring

😶
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
Credits
Shipping to the extent to make it seem like two idols are dating (romantically) especially, I think is very weird and uncomfortable. But shipping as close friends is alright though.

Seogi

ℜ𝔞𝔭𝔭𝔢𝔯𝔅𝔶𝔲𝔫
Editor
Author
Credits
Dancing Piglet
✧ Cutie Xiumin ✧
Xiumin
✧ XiuXiu ✧
Literally same.
My ships kinda stay to my myself and my friends, I don't go off screaming "ship so and so" but I rlly do wish some idols were together, Sometimes, idek what to think anymore, at first I think it's just fan service, but then I think but if you were to act all lovey-dovey to another person, wouldn't you feel something?
I don't know, but I'm gonna be honest, I have shipped idols beforee
Just please don't cross a line with shipping is my rule,

1fool4you

left.
Author
Website
laufeyluvrr.carrd.co
Credits
MOA Bong
P1ecebong
✧ Jiung ✧
Cambodia
it really depends for me
if you ship them as like brothers or friends then im fine with that
but shipping them like romantically thats kinda cringey to me (if the two people are not in an actual relationship)

avi ☆

Band Manager
Website
avi-pink-valentine.carrd.co
Credits
Aurora
Pink Bear Plush
Pink Bear Plush
Fluffy White Bear
ok, shipping two idols is not the most comfortable thing to do, especially if all they do is look at each other, but then there’s a ship that a whole fandom knows and i ship some idols too ngl, as a joke of course
like, you can’t tell me you don’t see the energy between hyunlix and minsung

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
I used to be quite an active shipper of one particular ship, and you will sadly for me find the remainders of that time here in certain threads. But as if grown up I’ve realised that shipping is quite harmful.

For starters, on a base level, it might make the idols feel awkward. They might watch their behaviour or feel like they can’t act freely because it might be interpreted incorrectly. Or then on the opposite they might try to force it to make fans happy which would just make their friendship weird. This would more be an issue within a group rather than two idols from different groups.

For hetero ships, it just reinforces the idea that a girl and a guy can’t be friends without it being romantic. To me this is childish and outdated

For homo ships, I think when you think about it, it can start becoming homophobic.
I think a lot of the homophobia comes from when there’s an idol who acts in a stereotypical gay way, usually their clothing, and then they get labelled as the gay member of their group. It just reinforces the idea that sexuality has everything to do with outer appearance and behaviour and isn’t yknow… to do with sexual preference. In reality we don’t know much about these idols and their preferences. Many will be straight, some will be gay or lesbian and others bi/pan whatever.
But then you must also remember the context of Korea. Being gay isn’t accepted. In April Holland, one of Korea’s few gay idols, came forward about him experiencing more hate crimes (I think that was what he spoke about anyway). Imagine for a moment the two idols of the same sex you’re shipping are genuinely in a relationship, or one of them is gay and has a crush on the other. Shipping them relentlessly might make them feel unsafe. They may feel like they’ve been noticed and that they’re no longer hidden and protected in the closet. It may also strain their friendship in the crush situation because suddenly the gay one feels like they’re pushing their friend’s boundaries and stuff.

But even with all this, I don’t necessarily think there’s anything wrong with being a little bit delusional, or thinking two idols are cute together. The biggest problem is when fans post about it, especially in places where it might be seen, or directly to the idols. They deserve privacy. We’re not their friends, their relationships aren’t our business

chaechae.core

Band Manager
Website
mintchocochaechae.carrd.co
Credits
Growing Heart
Chaeyoung
Felix
Chaewon
I used to be quite an active shipper of one particular ship, and you will sadly for me find the remainders of that time here in certain threads. But as if grown up I’ve realised that shipping is quite harmful.

For starters, on a base level, it might make the idols feel awkward. They might watch their behaviour or feel like they can’t act freely because it might be interpreted incorrectly. Or then on the opposite they might try to force it to make fans happy which would just make their friendship weird. This would more be an issue within a group rather than two idols from different groups.

For hetero ships, it just reinforces the idea that a girl and a guy can’t be friends without it being romantic. To me this is childish and outdated

For homo ships, I think when you think about it, it can start becoming homophobic.
I think a lot of the homophobia comes from when there’s an idol who acts in a stereotypical gay way, usually their clothing, and then they get labelled as the gay member of their group. It just reinforces the idea that sexuality has everything to do with outer appearance and behaviour and isn’t yknow… to do with sexual preference. In reality we don’t know much about these idols and their preferences. Many will be straight, some will be gay or lesbian and others bi/pan whatever.
But then you must also remember the context of Korea. Being gay isn’t accepted. In April Holland, one of Korea’s few gay idols, came forward about him experiencing more hate crimes (I think that was what he spoke about anyway). Imagine for a moment the two idols of the same sex you’re shipping are genuinely in a relationship, or one of them is gay and has a crush on the other. Shipping them relentlessly might make them feel unsafe. They may feel like they’ve been noticed and that they’re no longer hidden and protected in the closet. It may also strain their friendship in the crush situation because suddenly the gay one feels like they’re pushing their friend’s boundaries and stuff.

But even with all this, I don’t necessarily think there’s anything wrong with being a little bit delusional, or thinking two idols are cute together. The biggest problem is when fans post about it, especially in places where it might be seen, or directly to the idols. They deserve privacy. We’re not their friends, their relationships aren’t our business
very well said

Seogi

ℜ𝔞𝔭𝔭𝔢𝔯𝔅𝔶𝔲𝔫
Editor
Author
Credits
Dancing Piglet
✧ Cutie Xiumin ✧
Xiumin
✧ XiuXiu ✧

Amazing. Well said.

yunjeogs

Kpop Fan
Website
yunjeogs.carrd.co
Credits
Lightiny
Yunho
i think shipping to an extent is okay. if it's like friends/duos i am okay, like me myself i have a few favorites not going to lie but if its romantically, absolutely not. looking at THOSE woosan shippers specially.