Do you think it's ok for an idol to smoke/vape?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

taesshlong

Maknae
Website
luvsickluvr.carrd.co
Credits
Minisode1 : Blue Hour
The Book of Us: The Demon
Intak
VOICE: The Future is Now
When Tae got "caught" vaping army was like oH hE wOuLd nEvEr but like is it really that bad? He's gonna die quick if he doin shit like that but it's his choice, and you should just leave it alone
personally, i don't agree. i would hate for an idol to lose their voice and it's unhealthy, but then again it's their body and smoking/vaping is considered a coping skill. of course it's not healthy, but it is.

wonsta

Band Manager
Credits
Dipsy
✧ Baekgyeul Bbobbipo ✧
Mondoongie
✧ Monsta X Hyungwon ✧
I would honestly be really disappointed but I guess it's their choice.
Cigarettes ruin the environment and they would also hurt the people they smoke around.
I would probably stop stanning them because I'm going to get my heart broken anyway when they get lung cancer :]
also it would ruin their beautiful voice

smoking is nasty... my parents have been trying to quit, but they still haven't yet :[ and now my brother has started smoking
so i guess it's just a problem for me because i have to deal with it in real life

HeroHaikyu

Kpop Expert
Website
herohaikyu.carrd.co
Credits
Mint Chocolate Ice Cream
Green Tea
Personally, I care for idols, and don't want them to vape, but I feel like it's their choice. We can't really do much other than ask them to stop. Other than asking because we're worried for their health, there's nothing much we can do. Like I said, it's their choice, and we can try to persuade them, but it's not really our choice, is it?

marsikk

Face of The Group
Credits
Honestly I don't see nothing bad about it, it's their choise so they desidet if they will or not smoking. It's a bad habit but if they want to smok then there is not any problem

babyz

@𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗶𝗹𝗶𝗻
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
V.I.P.
Website
kprofiles.com
Credits
✧ Simon Riley ✧
✧ Captain Price ✧
Their choice but not the healthiest one. Personally I wouldn't stop listening to someone if I knew they were smoking.

ImJustKpopTrash

Winter__Roses
Author
Website
imjustkpoptrash.carrd.co
Credits
Ningning
Karina
Arin
Winter
It’s their choice, even if it is a negative one in the end they’re the person ruining their body so why should I be bothered about something that doesn’t affect me in the slightest, I’d still listen to their music and Stan the person. They know the affects of doing that and chose to do it anyways. Seems idiotic to me but if they wanna go for it then sure.

Naomi

❤ VIC10TION ❤
Credits
Bugs Bunny
Subin
Byungchan
Hanse
I personally don't like smoke nor like anyone smoking around me, but I mean if it's being done to cope with stress every once in a while it's fine I guess.. to get addicted to smoke everyday and possibly ruin their "voice" is what worries me. They shouldn't destroy their careers over those fleeting urges to smoke

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
If they’re adults yeah. It’s their choice and life. It’s not good for you, but if they want to i’m not going to stop them from living the way they want.

ChenXiao

Face of The Group
Credits
Gong Myung
☆ NCT 127 - Sticker [Ver. B] ☆
☆ NCT 127 - Sticker [Ver. A] ☆
Horyeong
i mean vaping is better for their health but they're all adults so its up to them

(like this stupid vape thing with Zhou Keyu - leave him be my lord)
Zhou-Keyu-Somking.gif

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
I mean, this is their life, and vaping or smoking is their decision. The biggest problem is that such idols are usually examples to children from school. They see that their idol is smoking or vaping, and they also want to start smoking. At least vaping is not such nocive as smoking cigarettes, so it is not such a big problem if teenagers start vaping. For example, I got my first vaping kit when I was seventeen. It was a Dynamic Vape Kit. It is a good kit for beginners who want to see an e-cigarette.
I would disagree with the fact it’s not as bad as cigarettes, but I do agree with the part about them being examples to minors.

ec.li.ps.e.138

Kpop Expert
Credits
I don't see a problem with it. It's their health, it's their life. A lot of things idols do are "harmful" -- for instance, their dieting practices. If they're choosing to do something, that's on them.

Horanghae !

ᵐⁱⁿᵍʰᵃᵒ ^
Credits
Korean Flag
Nachimbong
Sunoo
I personally don't think they should they are singing most of the time and have to dance, and that uses air. It could damage their voice and lungs badly. but they are adults they are free to make their choices.

chocolateez

Kpop Amateur
Credits
,it's their life, we can't control them, we are just fans, personally I don't like smoking, because it's bad for the body, but again it's his body, his life, he is an adult and me too. That's it. Same about Drinking...

eclair

Kpop Rookie
Credits
Jingyu
Muffin
Chinen Miya
Personally, I think everyone should be able to make their own decisions but I feel like most wouldn't as well being so many standards are expected of idols..

KaynaBTS

Kpop Amateur
Credits
It can be challenging for idols to navigate their personal choices while also upholding the image and responsibilities that come with their status. The entertainment industry often places a spotlight on them, and fans may have varying opinions on this matter.

If you ever want to explore the complexities of idols and the expectations placed on them, I'd be happy to help or provide insights. There may be an ultimate guide to handling these situations, discussing and understanding different perspectives can shed light on this topic. Ultimately, it's important to respect individual choices while also considering the influence and impact idols have on their fans.

Last edited:

iiserene

Credits
✧ Ben White - Arsenal FC ✧
Cute Elephant
✧ Happy Jeongin ✧
Yeonjun
Well, I have a mixed opinion. Of course, smoking has a substantial negative effect on the idols lungs and voice. But I mean, its their choice whether they smoke or not right?
Coming from someone who used to smoke, I know it can sometimes feel like it relieves stress. And, idols are always under a lot of stress in the industry. But, I know it doesn't actually relieve stress (most of the time makes it worse). Yet we have to remember the idols perspective.
After I quit smoking, I no longer believe that it helps you positively in any way. So no, I would rather idols not smoke because it can damage their lungs and then harm their vocal ability, but it is their choice. And I'm not gonna be upset/disappointed if an idol does decide to smoke.

Seogi

기분이 좋아
Editor
Author
Credits
✧Mullet Min✧
✧ Happy Xiu ✧
✧ Cutie Xiumin ✧
Xiumin
I am heavenly against taking drugs and all that, but once again it is the idols choice and it isn't my place to speak but I would encourage them to stop and help them get advice if they want to stop but can't. Also it can relive stress so I would also try to get another way of reliving.

It's also affect her vocal cords so I think they'd be smart enough not to affect their voice.

rawrxdimnida

Kpop Amateur
Credits
like people mentioned, smokers often smoke to relieve stress. my friend told me she wanted to pick up smoking too because she felt like she needed a "break" and to "think." i can't judge her like i cant judge an idol. i personally believe nobody should be smoking considering all the harm it causes. also for an idol to do it, i understand it is their choice but i believe an idol should consider all the fans they may be influencing to do that. so many children look up to them. but also many s.koreans smoke and and more than 60% of the country drink alcohol atleast once a month. also, when idols get drunk no one bats an eye... but smoking is somehow off limits... it's a very wide topic. many ways you can look at it.