҉  Official Unpopular Kpop Opinions Thread ҉ 

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
HYBE might fall one day
1) They have too many subsidiaries. Usually companies have a few up to 5 but HYBE has like 10. I can see why they have so many but they've just keep on adding more.

2) They're always naming their other groups as the "little brothers" or "little sisters" of BTS. And yes their a wonderful group but HYBE (esp in their debut days) has been giving them the image of "BTS's little brothers". I think now only in like 2021ish they stopped doing that but still.

3) Their acting like their the best company in the world. They act like they don't overwork their artists and give proper protection to them. I know i've already said this but they give me "pick me" vibes. "I'm not other companies". (not the artists but the company)

4) Their very desperate to be in the BIG3. HYBE needs to realize that the BIG3 aren't just the most popular companies in k-pop their the companies that kinda pioneered kpop and they can't ever change that.

This is just an opinion so im probably wrong but let me know what you guys think
I do think this is a valid theory. Practically any company that’s not in the big3 does have to worry about fading from relevance, and even companies in the big3 have to worry if they’re making good decisions (COUGH YG).

Right now HYBE has so many successful groups, mainly TXT, Enhypen as well as Seventeen they adopted. Fromis is also rapidly getting more famous and LE SSERAFIM now show signs of a bright future. But we all know HYBE’s main source of fame is BTS. BTS are SO POPULAR and so HYBE will be making money off them long after their departure from the industry, but losing BTS will be a massive hit on their company. Like CUBE used to be giant but when they lost Hyuna that was catastrophic for them. They have (G)I-DLE now (and Pentagon) but Lightsum is hanging on the edge of Nugu so they’re really not what they used to be

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
I’m sorry but there’s always gotta be someone hasn’t there ✨

Im not interested in NewJeans. Everyone is saying they’re a revolutionary amazing group as expected from their producer but… I just don’t get the hype. To me their songs they’ve released so far are mediocre at best and I can sit through like the first quarter of it before getting bored. I’m sorrrry maybe their debut will be better

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
I’m sorry but there’s always gotta be someone hasn’t there ✨

Im not interested in NewJeans. Everyone is saying they’re a revolutionary amazing group as expected from their producer but… I just don’t get the hype. To me their songs they’ve released so far are mediocre at best and I can sit through like the first quarter of it before getting bored. I’m sorrrry maybe their debut will be better
attention was their debut. idk why everyone is saying it's a predebut release /nm

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
yk the trend that's like "what your favorite one of these says abt you..." and ppl do it w kpop grps? i HATE those.

okay, i don't actually hate them, i think they're fun, but the one part goes "you're old. you're rly old. your social security number it 2." and everybody uses that part wrong and it kills me. for the "you're old" and the "you're rly old," they usually put early 3rd gen/2nd gen grps, which is fine. it fits.

but the ssn is 2! ppl will put random grps. like, somebody put iz*one. no!!

it's supposed to be for a rly rly old grp! think 1st gen! early 2nd gen! it's like saying when they started giving social security numbers, they started at 1, and you're so old your number is 2. idk what ppl think it means, but it's definitely not for whatever grps ppl are putting. it's for old grps and old grps only

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
yk the trend that's like "what your favorite one of these says abt you..." and ppl do it w kpop grps? i HATE those.

okay, i don't actually hate them, i think they're fun, but the one part goes "you're old. you're rly old. your social security number it 2." and everybody uses that part wrong and it kills me. for the "you're old" and the "you're rly old," they usually put early 3rd gen/2nd gen grps, which is fine. it fits.

but the ssn is 2! ppl will put random grps. like, somebody put iz*one. no!!

it's supposed to be for a rly rly old grp! think 1st gen! early 2nd gen! it's like saying when they started giving social security numbers, they started at 1, and you're so old your number is 2. idk what ppl think it means, but it's definitely not for whatever grps ppl are putting. it's for old grps and old grps only
To be fair, in the UK I’ve absolutely never heard of a social security number, so it might be something only certain countries have. Since kpop is global it might be that these people are from a country like I am where they don’t know what it means. I tried googling it once and I didn’t make sense of it

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
To be fair, in the UK I’ve absolutely never heard of a social security number, so it might be something only certain countries have. Since kpop is global it might be that these people are from a country like I am where they don’t know what it means. I tried googling it once and I didn’t make sense of it
this is true, but i check their profiles (usually) and i almost always find evidence they're from the us.
also, to put it simply: a social security number is just the number the us govt uses to keep track of you + identify you. you need one to vote, have insurance, go to the doctor, drive, have a credit card, pretty much everything. also, when you retire, you can get social security benefits (which is just a (small, unlivable) check in the mail) and your social security number is how the govt keep track of how much you get based on who you are

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
ITZY are by far not the best vocalists in kpop, but they’re certainly some of the best live singers.

I mean I’m not a professional singer but I’ve seen a lot of people say they lack technique and stuff and I think most people wouldn’t consider them up there. But they’re really good at projecting their voices and they’re also very stable, especially when you consider how difficult their choreographies are as well

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
So this is going to be another one of my longer opinions (yay!) but it’s not one of my extremely negative ones. It’s more of a discussion which I don’t see many people having. Like many things in kpop, there’s just a lot of gray areas people ignore and to me this is one of them.

So. Within recent years a lot of fans have been spreading the narrative to not expect their idols to be close buddy buddy friends with the members of their groups, as being an idol is a career and technically group mates are just colleagues. I 1000% agree with this. However, I do think one side of the argument is missing. Why do we assume members of kpop groups are close?
Let’s have a look at the trainee process.
Most trainees start training at a very young age, with many being 13-15 years old and some being even younger. We have idols debuting as children more and more. We also know how awful the trainee process is. Long trainee days, constant managing of visuals, constantly evaluated. Going through all of this as a child? You’ll probably only have certain people around you who you can truly rely on. And some of those certain people are going to be the other trainees you go through the process with, as only they can truly understand what you’re experiencing.

I wouldn’t be surprised if many groups go through horrible times internally. One group for example that (from an outside perspective!) don’t seem close anymore is 4Minute, which may be the result of CUBE’s favouritism of Hyuna (I don’t blame Hyuna!) which could’ve easily caused jealousy. But a lot of groups will also go through hard times together, and be each other’s strength in these times. They also share their careers and their fans. It’s so easy to understand why we might just assume these idols are close with each other. All of this you go through together, surely there must be sentiment?

So yes. I do think we should remember idols are humans and doing a job, but I think sometimes we also must remember this isn’t a normal job. It’s a painful job, which will sometimes be very difficult and hard. Some groups do have genuine bonds that last a long time (example: Sistar, who i believe made a pact that if one member wished to leave they all would), while others may only see each other as colleagues. But I don’t think it’s wrong for fans to be disappointed if their image of their group being close is damaged, especially when all groups spend their time putting up this sunshines and rainbows front when the camera is on

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
So this is going to be another one of my longer opinions (yay!) but it’s not one of my extremely negative ones. It’s more of a discussion which I don’t see many people having. Like many things in kpop, there’s just a lot of gray areas people ignore and to me this is one of them.

So. Within recent years a lot of fans have been spreading the narrative to not expect their idols to be close buddy buddy friends with the members of their groups, as being an idol is a career and technically group mates are just colleagues. I 1000% agree with this. However, I do think one side of the argument is missing. Why do we assume members of kpop groups are close?
Let’s have a look at the trainee process.
Most trainees start training at a very young age, with many being 13-15 years old and some being even younger. We have idols debuting as children more and more. We also know how awful the trainee process is. Long trainee days, constant managing of visuals, constantly evaluated. Going through all of this as a child? You’ll probably only have certain people around you who you can truly rely on. And some of those certain people are going to be the other trainees you go through the process with, as only they can truly understand what you’re experiencing.

I wouldn’t be surprised if many groups go through horrible times internally. One group for example that (from an outside perspective!) don’t seem close anymore is 4Minute, which may be the result of CUBE’s favouritism of Hyuna (I don’t blame Hyuna!) which could’ve easily caused jealousy. But a lot of groups will also go through hard times together, and be each other’s strength in these times. They also share their careers and their fans. It’s so easy to understand why we might just assume these idols are close with each other. All of this you go through together, surely there must be sentiment?

So yes. I do think we should remember idols are humans and doing a job, but I think sometimes we also must remember this isn’t a normal job. It’s a painful job, which will sometimes be very difficult and hard. Some groups do have genuine bonds that last a long time (example: Sistar, who i believe made a pact that if one member wished to leave they all would), while others may only see each other as colleagues. But I don’t think it’s wrong for fans to be disappointed if their image of their group being close is damaged, especially when all groups spend their time putting up this sunshines and rainbows front when the camera is on
agreed! and i see a lot of ppl saying members of survival grps aren't close bc they were only together for a little while - but think abt it. they've gone through not only the general stress of being a trainee, but doing it in the public eye and competing for a limited spot. they'd need someone to rely on even more.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
agreed! and i see a lot of ppl saying members of survival grps aren't close bc they were only together for a little while - but think abt it. they've gone through not only the general stress of being a trainee, but doing it in the public eye and competing for a limited spot. they'd need someone to rely on even more.
I always think about survival shows. Personally I do believe it is more likely jealousy may form between members who competed on a survival show together, though the groups do a great job at hiding it if this is the case.
There’s one group I won’t name though I feel people may know who I’m talking about. If you do know, I just want to say I know practically nothing about this group and this is just information I got from (who I deem) reliable YouTubers.

They formed on a survival show, and one of the debuting members was someone many weren’t expecting nor understands how they made the debut lineup. And now there’s been endless accusations of their members taking the mick out of them and making them feel bad about themselves. I don’t know if this is them consciously trying to do this to that member, of if it’s subconscious resentment taking its toll, but I’m honestly surprised this isn’t something we see more in survival show groups.
I suppose once you’ve actually formed a group and begin promoting together you start to actually put aside hard feelings and work together. Or perhaps it’s a just for the cameras thing. I bet long lasting friendships form on survival shows, but I wouldn’t be surprised if long lasting mutal disliking also forms. But like I said in my first post, I think all idols in groups probably experience these feelings, just under different circumstances

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
I always think about survival shows. Personally I do believe it is more likely jealousy may form between members who competed on a survival show together, though the groups do a great job at hiding it if this is the case.
There’s one group I won’t name though I feel people may know who I’m talking about. If you do know, I just want to say I know practically nothing about this group and this is just information I got from (who I deem) reliable YouTubers.

They formed on a survival show, and one of the debuting members was someone many weren’t expecting nor understands how they made the debut lineup. And now there’s been endless accusations of their members taking the mick out of them and making them feel bad about themselves. I don’t know if this is them consciously trying to do this to that member, of if it’s subconscious resentment taking its toll, but I’m honestly surprised this isn’t something we see more in survival show groups.
I suppose once you’ve actually formed a group and begin promoting together you start to actually put aside hard feelings and work together. Or perhaps it’s a just for the cameras thing. I bet long lasting friendships form on survival shows, but I wouldn’t be surprised if long lasting mutal disliking also forms. But like I said in my first post, I think all idols in groups probably experience these feelings, just under different circumstances
true, true. if the survival show forms a permanent grp, tho, i think they're more likely for form a permanent + deep bond. for example, twice, who desribe themself as family (and if they don't actually feel this way, they're damn good actors lol)

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
holland is a horrible singer, absolutely god awful, i cannot stand his singing. he can't dance or perform either. and from what i've seen, he's not even funny. it's stereotypical alt gen-z humor, which some of the un-funniest shit i've ever heard. literally the only reason ppl stan him is bc he's gay.

Horanghae !

ᵐⁱⁿᵍʰᵃᵒ ^
Credits
Korean Flag
Nachimbong
Sunoo
if felix really wanted to and if he practiced he could sing
he has a sort of soft voice that they NEVER let him use.
i feel like the only reason jyp wanted him (in skz) was for his deep voice. i am in no way saying felix is not talented cause he is, but jyp didn't/doesn't let him use his other voice type.

Horanghae !

ᵐⁱⁿᵍʰᵃᵒ ^
Credits
Korean Flag
Nachimbong
Sunoo
maybe cause i'm used to him singing, but if bang chan was a rapper it would be cringy?
he is better off as a singer

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
award shows at this point are completely useless the only reason their still standing is bc fans want interactions between idols
agree! they're nothing but a popularity contest atp. if a panel of judges did it, it would be better. or it could be like queendom/kingdom, where the judges' votes counted for 80% and fan votes were only 20%