҉  Official Unpopular Kpop Opinions Thread ҉ 

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Okay here’s a kind of opinion kind of rant but it’s also funny so it’s like a whole blend of different things.

There’s a problem I have with ITZY that I do not have with any other group. And it’s not something anyone can control so I don’t blame ITZY coz that would be stupid.

But basically, I can NEVER tell if I’m going to like an ITZY comeback until it’s actually released. Every other group I can see an MV teaser, hear an album tracklist and I can be like “I think I’ll like this song” “I think this won’t be my cup of tea” and ofc sometimes I get surprised. I mean I often avoid teasers all together just for the mystery but whenever I listen to them my thoughts on the teasers are often similar to that of the final song.

ITZY? Nope LMAO. I don’t remember the first time I tuned in to an ITZY comeback properly but one thing I DO remember was when Crazy In Love was coming out and I remember literally wanting to cry because I thought the songs sounded boring or worse. But I ended up liking the album so much (even if I did have to force myself into liking Swipe and Gas Me Up, whoops) and Loco was my favourite song for a little while. So now with Checkmate around the corner I’m having the worst time being able to tell if I’m excited for dreading it 💀

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
1.) Glad funzy (fun itzy) is back even if the song isn't as much of a masterpiece as Dalla Dalla and ICY were.

2.) Lightsum's music is so good. People sleep on them and idk why. Look y'all, the izone wig for Vivace was a bit of a weird move from CUBE but the song and bsides were great.

3.) Most main dancers are not the best dancers but are instead the best performers. Yes, performers and dancers are different. Dancers, dance. Simple. Performers, perform and put on a show (facial expressions, extra moves to make the choreo or piece more entertaining for the viewer, etc.) Last time I said this I got dragged but I will say it again

4.) People don't care for cute concepts for boy groups but when it comes to girl groups suddenly they act like its the worst thing in the world. There's a word for that (misogyny)

5.) Kpop companies obsession with genz is getting weird. Not every group needs to make artsy, angsty, tiktok and music. Sometimes we want mindless fun (shout out to Up by Kep1er best summer comeback btw)

Last edited:

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
1.) Glad funzy (fun itzy) is back even if the song isn't as much of a masterpiece as Dalla Dalla and ICY were.

I hope this doesn’t come off as confrontational it’s a genuine question, but I’m curious as to why people are saying ITZY are returning to their fun concept. Like ofc mafia was a huge change in concept but to me Loco is fun like all their other music and so are a lot of the bsides on the album? How come people are saying it’s now they’re returning to their concept? Is it because Sneakers doesn’t take itself seriously while Loco does? Or is it now there’s been 2 fun concept in a row people are secure that the concept has returned. I’m really curious

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
I hope this doesn’t come off as confrontational it’s a genuine question, but I’m curious as to why people are saying ITZY are returning to their fun concept. Like ofc mafia was a huge change in concept but to me Loco is fun like all their other music and so are a lot of the bsides on the album? How come people are saying it’s now they’re returning to their concept? Is it because Sneakers doesn’t take itself seriously while Loco does? Or is it now there’s been 2 fun concept in a row people are secure that the concept has returned. I’m really curious
Very simple answer. Dalla Dalla and ICY are colorful perfect releaeses for their time and era. After that, none of their music sounded like ITZY music. Sounded like back to school music. No one is getting up and busting a move when they are getting reminded they have history class next month. LOCO is something you would hear in target/j

Okay but serious answer. It's because JYP doesnt know how to handle a concept outside of TWICE and once TWICE ditched their cute concepts, nothing sounds like TWICE music. Not even Scientist even though it was a cute concept. JYP made the dumbest decision by changing ITZY's concept unprovoked only a year after debut. They had their original concept for TWO songs. Their music quality was on the decline. I think they realized no one ask for or even liked "girl crush" ITZY. All their "girl crush" stuff aged very poorly very fast. I don't hate girl crush it's just seldom done correctly. Companies keeps giving these groups girl crush concepts when they dont suit it and would do better with a different sound. ITZY in particular should have kept the teen crush punk rock thing they had going on with Want It? Off the Dalla Dalla EP. That's their true sound and JYP ignored it. Instead, they gave them songs no one outside of tiktok and twitter would bat an eye at. No one can seriously tell me Dalla dalla and LOCO are one in the same. LOCO is not fun music its obsessed girlfriend music for the tiktok girls. Dalla dalla is fun music. It's more energetic and fun to dance to even with the hard choreo. Dancing to loco gets very tiring and repetitive after trying to learn it for some time. Dalla dalla is drinking McDonalds Sprite and eating a pack of sour candy at the same time at 4am then entering a sugar high.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Very simple answer. Dalla Dalla and ICY are colorful perfect releaeses for their time and era. After that, none of their music sounded like ITZY music. Sounded like back to school music. No one is getting up and busting a move when they are getting reminded they have history class next month. LOCO is something you would hear in target/j

Okay but serious answer. It's because JYP doesnt know how to handle a concept outside of TWICE and once TWICE ditched their cute concepts, nothing sounds like TWICE music. Not even Scientist even though it was a cute concept. JYP made the dumbest decision by changing ITZY's concept unprovoked only a year after debut. They had their original concept for TWO songs. Their music quality was on the decline. I think they realized no one ask for or even liked "girl crush" ITZY. All their "girl crush" stuff aged very poorly very fast. I don't hate girl crush it's just seldom done correctly. Companies keeps giving these groups girl crush concepts when they dont suit it and would do better with a different sound. ITZY in particular should have kept the teen crush punk rock thing they had going on with Want It? Off the Dalla Dalla EP. That's their true sound and JYP ignored it. Instead, they gave them songs no one outside of tiktok and twitter would bat an eye at. No one can seriously tell me Dalla dalla and LOCO are one in the same. LOCO is not fun music its obsessed girlfriend music for the tiktok girls. Dalla dalla is fun music. It's more energetic and fun to dance to even with the hard choreo. Dancing to loco gets very tiring and repetitive after trying to learn it for some time. Dalla dalla is drinking McDonalds Sprite and eating a pack of sour candy at the same time at 4am then entering a sugar high.
Thanks for explaining your perspective ^-^

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Some of the achievements fandoms celebrate are too intense for me. I swear one day the 6th gen will be celebrating awards like “X is the first 6th gen girl group with 5 members and the letter F in their name that placed 1st for 6 weeks on the Miel’s made up chart specifically for Korean girl groups. Congrats X we knew you could do it”

I only care when you break an impressive record like “most overall wins for a girl group/boy group/soloist” sometimes it’s nice to see generation specific awards too but sometimes these titles give me a headache

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
secret number needs to change their logo. it's 5 dots for 5 members, but there's 6 members now. and when the logo plays its motion, the numbers roll up like on a slot machine and it clearly has the numbers 1-5 before they turn into asterisks.

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
I don't like when someone says "x helped me out". Like come on dude those idols don't even know you exist. I don't mean all idols are careless about their fans but many times the people who say that are refering to the lyrics of the songs, while most groups don't write their songs lol. It's strange for me when kpop stans (or stans in general) act like their idols care so much about them.
tw// sudoku, I hope you know what I mean
And it's not just kpop, but pop in general. Not much ago I saw a promotional vid for Halsey's new tour, in which some girls were being interviewed. They basically said that they were considering ******* and because of Halsey they're alive. Listen, I have absolutely NOTHING against Halsey, but it's just SO messed up to rely emotionaly in some songs with pseudo-deep lyrics. Like really. Halsey is talented and a good listen sometimes but for stans IN GENERAL, stop acting like lyrics can save you. Really.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
I don't like when someone says "x helped me out". Like come on dude those idols don't even know you exist. I don't mean all idols are careless about their fans but many times the people who say that are refering to the lyrics of the songs, while most groups don't write their songs lol. It's strange for me when kpop stans (or stans in general) act like their idols care so much about them.
tw// sudoku, I hope you know what I mean
And it's not just kpop, but pop in general. Not much ago I saw a promotional vid for Halsey's new tour, in which some girls were being interviewed. They basically said that they were considering ******* and because of Halsey they're alive. Listen, I have absolutely NOTHING against Halsey, but it's just SO messed up to rely emotionaly in some songs with pseudo-deep lyrics. Like really. Halsey is talented and a good listen sometimes but for stans IN GENERAL, stop acting like lyrics can save you. Really.
I do think music is something really magical and can change people’s emotions. I mean I for one would probably be quite a different person without my music. But I do think relying on artists in specifically can be dangerous. Let’s take AOA for example. I loved them back in 2020 they were a group I would talk about very often, and wanted to learn more about. Then suddenly the members were bullies, causing each other to harm themselves, and everything fell apart. And because I was so obsessed with AOA that effected me. Because suddenly their problems felt like a reflection of me. I supported these people? These bullies?! And I still love their music?! Being reliant on artists specifically puts you at vulnerability to this. Thankfully, I wasn’t relying on AOA to keep me alive, but what if I was?! I think music is amazing and it’s one thing that makes me think I would miss life if I lost it. But putting your life in the hands of people you don’t truly know is dangerous.

I feel like this went in circles lmao I’m kinda distracted as I write this

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
I do think music is something really magical and can change people’s emotions. I mean I for one would probably be quite a different person without my music. But I do think relying on artists in specifically can be dangerous. Let’s take AOA for example. I loved them back in 2020 they were a group I would talk about very often, and wanted to learn more about. Then suddenly the members were bullies, causing each other to harm themselves, and everything fell apart. And because I was so obsessed with AOA that effected me. Because suddenly their problems felt like a reflection of me. I supported these people? These bullies?! And I still love their music?! Being reliant on artists specifically puts you at vulnerability to this. Thankfully, I wasn’t relying on AOA to keep me alive, but what if I was?! I think music is amazing and it’s one thing that makes me think I would miss life if I lost it. But putting your life in the hands of people you don’t truly know is dangerous.

I feel like this went in circles lmao I’m kinda distracted as I write this
I felt same for AOA. It had such a messy history and that caused me anger since I was a kpop fan. But now I feel like I care much more about the music and performance, rather than artists' private lives.

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
Y’all about to hate me for this but argue with the wall. I’m glad Garam left Le Sserafim. Hybe finally did something right for once. OT5 is better anyway.
i feel bad for garam, ngl. that said, i am glad that le sserafim is 5 now bc choreos look better w an odd number of members lmao. also, while i'm on garam's side, ik that her leaving is what's best for the grp. i've seen a ton of ppl on twitter saying they'll stan le sserafim now.

chaerifyyy

Band Manager
Website
redqueen2000.carrd.co
Credits
Dipsy
Christmas Lollipop
Apple White
Briar Beauty
Jisoo isn't appreciated more in other fandoms
Most of y'all are using her to hate on the other members of BLACKPINK

Stop acting like Chaeryeong is just the girl who was called "ugly"
Everytime I look under a Chaeryeong video I see comments like this.
"I don't know why everyone is calling her ugly she's really pretty."
"Why are people calling her ugly? She's not ugly. She's really pretty"
"Why do people think Yeji is better dancer Chaeryeong? Chaeryeong obviously more fluidity and is simply better than Yeji

Just shut up she's not not just the girl who was called ugly. She is an amazing talented dancer and you don't have to always bring other members either when you're to compliment them. It would be better if there were comments like this.
"Chaeryeong really pretty."
"I love Chaeryeong fluidity when she dances."
"Chaeryeong is the best dancer in ITZY."

See it's not that hard.

Usually in popular groups none of the members are underrated or under-appreciated
Take for example TWICE alot of people say Chaeyoung is the most underrated member when from what I know she has A LOT of fans internationally.

STAYC, CIX, GWSN and EVERGLOW would be one of top 4th gen groups right now if they were in the BIG 3
All discographies are just beautiful especially GWSN. Who are painfully underrated and EVERGLOW is the most unpopular popular 4th gen girl group right now.

Sneakers fits ITZY's original concept perfect well but it doesn't fit the royal concept

I like the song but I can see why many were disappointed because Sneakers isn't really a royal concept it's more funky and fun. Which is kind of like ITZY's concept.But i do wish that JYP could have mixed the wacky and fun concept with a royal concept.

The only thing good about Lapillus's debut is the editing in the MV
I really liked the MV and that's the only thing that I like I don't really like the song at all.

O.O's instrumentals are beautiful but the lyrics are trash
I really like the instrumentals but whenever I read the lyrics I just cringe. But it is really catchy.

In my opinion K-pop stans themselves are the villains of K-pop

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
EVERGLOW would be one of top 4th gen groups right now if they were in the BIG 3
EVERGLOW is the most unpopular popular 4th gen girl group right now.
everglow doesn't have a lot of domestic success/popularity bc of xenophobia. yuehua is a chinese company (one of the biggest in china, from what i've heard) and yiren is a chinese person, so they sadly aren't as recognized as they should be bc of it.

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
Wait i forgot China banned kpop there : (
i don't think it's banned, just heavily filtered? bc i'm pretty sure yiren is popular in china. also, it was chinese fans that helped wjsn get a huge number of unique listeners on spotify

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Lighthearted one.

Promoting kpop songs through tiktok works and it’s so annoying. I hate tiktok so much I think it’s the worse thing in the world I wish it would disappear but it’s so effective in promoting kpop songs. If you follow literally 1 kpop group and they have a comeback you will not only hear their own song like 20 times within a week because they’re just endlessly doing the challenge over and over you will also hear so many other songs because they’re doing other groups challenges too. And it helps you to like songs because it forces them to grow on you unless you angrily scroll past them each time.
For example, Heart Burn by Sunmi. It was kinda average at first. But now I’ve heard it over and over it’s just a song that I like the sound of. And Sneakers too I still don’t like the majority of the song but the chorus is STUCK IN MY HEAD. TIKTOK PROMOTIONS WORK AND IT INFURIATES ME

chaerifyyy

Band Manager
Website
redqueen2000.carrd.co
Credits
Dipsy
Christmas Lollipop
Apple White
Briar Beauty
HYBE might fall one day
1) They have too many subsidiaries. Usually companies have a few up to 5 but HYBE has like 10. I can see why they have so many but they've just keep on adding more.

2) They're always naming their other groups as the "little brothers" or "little sisters" of BTS. And yes their a wonderful group but HYBE (esp in their debut days) has been giving them the image of "BTS's little brothers". I think now only in like 2021ish they stopped doing that but still.

3) Their acting like their the best company in the world. They act like they don't overwork their artists and give proper protection to them. I know i've already said this but they give me "pick me" vibes. "I'm not other companies". (not the artists but the company)

4) Their very desperate to be in the BIG3. HYBE needs to realize that the BIG3 aren't just the most popular companies in k-pop their the companies that kinda pioneered kpop and they can't ever change that.

This is just an opinion so im probably wrong but let me know what you guys think