҉  Official Popular/Unpopular Kpop Opinions Thread ҉ 

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
I feel like a lot of what I've been posting recently is negative whoops. I hope this doesn't come off as negative still. Tis more just an observation in my eyes.

A lot of people complain about Western Media using Kpop for clout. Examples being talk shows bringing in guests such as BTS or BLACKPINK. Western singers collaborating with Kpop singers. People get upset because she's people "don't actually care" about Kpop or are only doing it for fame. But to that I simply say. Ok then. LMAO.

That's just how the music industry and tbh the entire entertainment industry works.
Ofc interviewers are going to want to interview popular celebrities. That's how they clicks
Ofc singers are going to want to have fts of some big artists. That's how they get streams.
Let's put it in the perspective of making a movie. The best person for the role isn't necessarily going to get it if someone else HUGE has auditioned for the same role (not always, but I'm sure sometimes actors are selected based on what attention they'll bring for a movie).

Also this same thing would also literally happen in Korea. PSY brought on a BTS member (I'm sorry I can't remember who) for his latest song. Pretty sure it was openly business decision. Don't think I saw anyone complain about that. Literally just how the industry works. Sometimes there will be genuine respect between the two but a lot of time it's just for the best profits.
I think people who complain about that just miss that the music industry is the music INDUSTRY. The succes is based on selling product not art (I don't mean mainstream music is bad)
BTW psy collabed with Suga

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
I made some takes that I think they are truly unpopular
1. 2nd gen stans aren't superior in any way, but dude let people stan who they want (as long as the ones they stan aren't a**holes)
2. When I say that female idols' situation should improve I don't mean I want male idols to suffer, I say it because female idols have it harder
3. When someone reffers to an opinion as "unpopular" it doesn't mean that many people will disagree with them, but rather it is an opinion that is not said enough
4. People who were desperate for Yurina Kawaguchi to debut in Kep1er but don't stan or support her solo career are hipocrites. She even has better songs than kep1er ngl
5. Visual position may be important sometimes but it is totally subjective
6. I am not against plastic surgery, but double eyelid surgery shouldn't be that common, it erases asian features.
7. Stanning nugu doesn't make you special, but damn some netizens need to chill when they see a nugu stan, they automatically think that the nugu stans have superiority complex
8. Many ships are cringy
9. Wishing a mistreated idol to join Pnation is like wishing someone bad luck. No hate
10. I see many kpop fans that support idols who make their relationship public, but that isn't gonna change anything, the korean public still exists
11. I have seen ex-kpop fans say that there is not enough sexyness in kpop, which is like saying there is not enough action in drama movies
12. Anti-twice blinks are extremely cringe

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
Lapillus's debut is a hot mess.
1. What were they thinking making 1/3 of the song an instrumental and the 1/3 the words 'hit ya' and 'my engine never stops'.
2. Who though the lyrics 'my hip is like a wagon' was good? It makes no sense and sounds stupid.
3. Who in god's name thought it was a good idea to give Bessie the stage name Bessie???? That name is only associated with one other thing and it's cows. Now all I'm gonna think about, and I'm sure a bunch of other people, is of cows when I see/hear her. Even worse the word cow is a synonym of fat, so antis are literally being handed a clever insult. Her birthname is Susanna, that is a name that is built for a kpop idol. It's so pretty and it's also an english name so it would be easy for english speaking fans. She's such a talented girl and this is just pushing her down. What the hell is MLD thinking???
4. I understand that it's difficult making even formations in even numbered groups but come on Bessie is blocked in the final positions!! That is not okay especially in this era of ending fairies. It's like she doesn't exist at all. I feel so bad for her. She can't even look out to the audience once she is done performing and see her fans cause she's blocked by another member.
This whole debut just reminds me of farms tbh
I was so pumped for this debut and to see Shana again! The name Lapillus is too beautiful to be put to waste. MLD get it together!!

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
3. Who in god's name thought it was a good idea to give Bessie the stage name Bessie???? That name is only associated with one other thing and it's cows. Now all I'm gonna think about, and I'm sure a bunch of other people, is of cows when I see/hear her. Even worse the word cow is a synonym of fat, so antis are literally being handed a clever insult. Her birthname is Susanna, that is a name that is built for a kpop idol. It's so pretty and it's also an english name so it would be easy for english speaking fans. She's such a talented girl and this is just pushing her down. What the hell is MLD thinking???
i'm so glad i'm not the only one that thought that. i feel bad for her, honestly.

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
i'm so glad i'm not the only one that thought that. i feel bad for her, honestly.
Honestly they should have debuted with a completely new concept with the name MLD gave them.
Lapillus means a glassy fragment of lava and even in the logo it looks like a sparkling crystal. It would have been so refreshing to see them do a fairy/nature type concept similar to Oh My Girl's 'Secret Garden' and 'The 5th Season' or even 'Butterfly' by Loona. There are several strong vocalists in the group who could pull it off, and they could still rap in the songs, just ask Mimi. Plus all of the gorup but 2 members are underage and that would have been a really appropriate concept for them.
Or even just something that's classy but brighter like Elris's 'Jackpot'.
It would have been so refreshing considering how the girl group market is so saturated with variations of girl crush. But I guess MLD decided to take the easy way out and the best way to get international fans.

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
Honestly they should have debuted with a completely new concept with the name MLD gave them.
Lapillus means a glassy fragment of lava and even in the logo it looks like a sparkling crystal. It would have been so refreshing to see them do a fairy/nature type concept similar to Oh My Girl's 'Secret Garden' and 'The 5th Season' or even 'Butterfly' by Loona. There are several strong vocalists in the group who could pull it off, and they could still rap in the songs, just ask Mimi. Plus all of the gorup but 2 members are underage and that would have been a really appropriate concept for them.
Or even just something that's classy but brighter like Elris's 'Jackpot'.
It would have been so refreshing considering how the girl group market is so saturated with variations of girl crush. But I guess MLD decided to take the easy way out and the best way to get international fans.
right! your concept is so much better. and the "i'm gonna make you sweat, my hip is like a wagon " line is wildly inappropriate for minors imo, esp since the youngest in only 13 rn :/

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
most kpop vocalist are average to above average at best, just like most singers in the world. they're not as extraordinary as some ppl like to claim
Going off of this which I 100% agree with: Just cause you can hit high notes doesn't mean you're an amazing singer or better than someone who can't.
Example: Han of Stray Kids can easily hit high notes cause his voice is higher. He's still a decent singer (and a fanatastic rapper) but members like Seungmin and former member Woojin are more technically proficient even if they can't get up there as easily or as high.

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
Going off of this which I 100% agree with: Just cause you can hit high notes doesn't mean you're an amazing singer or better than someone who can't.
Example: Han of Stray Kids can easily hit high notes cause his voice is higher. He's still a decent singer (and a fanatastic rapper) but members like Seungmin and former member Woojin are more technically proficient even if they can't get up there as easily or as high.
exactly! it bugs me to see ppl put han above seungmin and bang chan. sure, han get hit high notes easily, but a) he often sounds strained, esp live and b) both chan and seungmin are more proficient. i'd even argue that jeongin has better technique than han at times, as i don't hear him strain his voice as often; that could be attributed to jeongin not having many high notes, but still.

chaerifyyy

Band Manager
Website
redqueen2000.carrd.co
Credits
Dipsy
Christmas Lollipop
Apple White
Briar Beauty
1. What were they thinking making 1/3 of the song an instrumental and the 1/3 the words 'hit ya' and 'my engine never stops'.
2. Who though the lyrics 'my hip is like a wagon' was good? It makes no sense and sounds stupid.
4. I understand that it's difficult making even formations in even numbered groups but come on Bessie is blocked in the final positions!! That is not okay especially in this era of ending fairies. It's like she doesn't exist at all. I feel so bad for her. She can't even look out to the audience once she is done performing and see her fans cause she's blocked by another member.
I was so pumped for this debut and to see Shana again! The name Lapillus is too beautiful to be put to waste. MLD get it together!!
I agree the only thing I liked Abt their debut was the editing in MV like those editors need a raise

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
Now that I know the lyrics of that song I'm officially qualified to hate hit ya!

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Pop! was super underwhelming for me.
I think it's cause the chorus didn't really have an umph for me and it just blended with the prechorus.
It's still a cute song but it doesn't make me feel like popping off or whatever.
I feel the same way. The song is really catchy but it wasn’t enough to make me add the song to playlists. It just felt like something was missing

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
This is something that’s probably been said before but based on what I’ve been seeing on Twitter recently, it needs to be said again.

You don’t owe anyone liking a song. If you hear a song or a teaser you don’t like, then you don’t like it and that’s literally okay. If you’re someone who goes around shaming people in fandoms because they don’t like a song, then absolute shame on you.

If you like a song that’s brilliant. If you don’t like a song that’s also brilliant. Opinions are personal and no one has any right to tell you otherwise.

Now excuse me while I move to the rant thread

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
I will stop pretending I don't like O.O. Yes, I hate JYP, I hate plagiarism, I despise the lyrics. But the song (musically speaking, forget about the lyrics) is not bad technically. I respect if you don't LIKE it, but if you say it's bad just because it's a mix of songs... uh... lol. I asked on twitter (thank god I deleted it) the reasons why kpop fans think it's a bad song, and half of the replies said bc it was 3 songs in one (something that a lot of iconic artists have made and they didn't get hate) and the other half said because it's messy and the mixing is bad. THE MIXING dude 😭😭
Now the group, why I stan nmixx... well they are super talented, probably the best arranged group in 4th gen and their debut song is good. YES it is good, that you don't like it is your thing. Now, for the ones saying that JYP plagiarised artists and all that stuff, 1. The issue about the videos is the owners of the production company's buisness, they are the creative directors, and 2. about JYP allowing plagiarism, I said I stan nmixx, not JYP.
Anyways, it's completely fine if you don't like O.O, but there's a difference between saying something is bad and saying something is good but YOU don't personally like it. For ex.: I don't like Beethoven's sinfonia n.5 but I admit it's S tier composition.
Your welcome for giving a lecture about something every person over the age of 6 should be aware of.

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
I agree I would also probably include yujin too
i thought abt her, but i think that yujin might be done after kep1er. i'm probably wrong, but i can picture her going into just dancing vs an idol career again, esp if kep1er is managed well

vivianna

薇:威
Author
Website
ah-wei.carrd.co
Credits
Helio Niccolo
Dekis Solon
✧ The Boyz Younghoon ✧
The Untamed
I made some takes that I think they are truly unpopular
1. 2nd gen stans aren't superior in any way, but dude let people stan who they want (as long as the ones they stan aren't a**holes)
2. When I say that female idols' situation should improve I don't mean I want male idols to suffer, I say it because female idols have it harder
3. When someone reffers to an opinion as "unpopular" it doesn't mean that many people will disagree with them, but rather it is an opinion that is not said enough
4. People who were desperate for Yurina Kawaguchi to debut in Kep1er but don't stan or support her solo career are hipocrites. She even has better songs than kep1er ngl
5. Visual position may be important sometimes but it is totally subjective
6. I am not against plastic surgery, but double eyelid surgery shouldn't be that common, it erases asian features.
7. Stanning nugu doesn't make you special, but damn some netizens need to chill when they see a nugu stan, they automatically think that the nugu stans have superiority complex
8. Many ships are cringy
9. Wishing a mistreated idol to join Pnation is like wishing someone bad luck. No hate
10. I see many kpop fans that support idols who make their relationship public, but that isn't gonna change anything, the korean public still exists
11. I have seen ex-kpop fans say that there is not enough sexyness in kpop, which is like saying there is not enough action in drama movies
12. Anti-twice blinks are extremely cringe
okay i agree with most of your opinions but what are "asian features"