K-Pop pet peeves?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Feeling Peachy

Forum Mod
Staff member
Credits
Johnny
Chen
Lay
Doyoung
When someone says "If my fave were in (insert group name) they would definitely be the main (insert position here) instead of (insert group name)!"

Like, why do you have to drag a group to make your favourite idol look better? It just really irks me when people see that as praise. If anything, needing to drag someone else to "highlight" your favourite's talents makes them look worse, and I'd honestly be ashamed if that was the "praise" I was receiving.

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
1. when girl grps are given cute concepts and are forced to sing in that god awful high pitched baby voice when their natural tone isn't like that (think yooa of oh my girl's "doll voice")
2. sexy concepts bc even tho i love a lot of the music, the idols doing sexy concepts were usually being exploited :/
3. mosts stans, tbh
4. unpopular opinion videos that are like "kpop opinions to get me cancelled" etc. like, shut up. your opinions aren't that scandalous or cool, get over yourself. ik it's clickbait, but still
5. those kpop "news" channels on youtube that are rly just gossip channels that try to stir up even more shit that what there already is.
6. and finally, how ppl act abt raps, no matter how unnecessary or bad they are, ppl act like their lives are ruined bc of a couple of subpar raps. i once saw somebody say kpop raps were like terrorism and even tho ik it was most likely a joke, it's not a good joke. terrorism is fkn serious, and comparing some silly song you don't like to such a heinous act makes me furious. stfu and grow up, it's fine to share raps/songs you don't like, but there's a line and terrorism jokes absolutely cross it.

haetsimba

Or villedeneige
Author
Credits
kpop stans who bash groups calling like nct and skz everglow etc. music "noise music" like you would not last a day listening to anything outside of pop if you think thats noise music 😭

People actually think these groups make noise music?? The only group I can think of that has made noise music is Sechskies with school byeolgok

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
When K-YouTubers make “best songs of [year]” videos when it’s like April or May.
Sometimes they do it even earlier??

How are you going to rank comebacks of the year when half of them haven’t even happened yet?

I get it’s suppose to be a “so far” thing but they still annoy me for absolutely 0 reason. Guess that’s why it’s called a pet peeve!

libraryia

Kpop Rookie
Credits
Seungmin
This is sooo controversial but ppl who talk bad abt idols relationships/possible relationships

I saw a post on a platform abt Jennie and Tae and how they could possibly be dating and some people were like "ew no!" And I've seen many have similar reactions and it's like....why do you think your so in-titled to have an opinion on idol relationships? nobody who says those things knows Tae or Jennie personally yet ppl constantly make comments abt idols relationships like you don't even know them really.... why do you feel like you can say anything abt it....same with shipping low-key shipping people you've never even meet is weird on so many levels to me yet so many seem to struggle with parasocial relationships.

please remember you don't actually know idols! their relationships are non of your business.

This is sooo controversial but ppl who talk bad abt idols relationships/possible relationships

I saw a post on a platform abt Jennie and Tae and how they could possibly be dating and some people were like "ew no!" And I've seen many have similar reactions and it's like....why do you think your so in-titled to have an opinion on idol relationships? nobody who says those things knows Tae or Jennie personally yet ppl constantly make comments abt idols relationships like you don't even know them really.... why do you feel like you can say anything abt it....same with shipping low-key shipping people you've never even meet is weird on so many levels to me yet so many seem to struggle with parasocial relationships.

please remember you don't actually know idols! their relationships are non of your business.
i agree completely

sua.lel.bora

Kpop Fan
Credits
Chaeyoung
Monday
1. K-pop stans thinking a group isn’t talented because they lip sync :/ (lip syncing isn’t everything)
2. Fans promoting a group or a group member when no one was talking abt them before (for example, the other day there was a video ranking 4th gen main vocals (Monday, Denise, Sieun, NingNing) and there were multiple comments praising Monday. On every Monday comment the first reply (all made by the same person) was “Watch Secret Number Denise Vocals good“ when NO ONE MENTIONED DENISE? LIKE THESE ARE COMMENTS ABT MONDAY, STOP SPAMMING EVERY COMMENT TRYING TO MAKE YOUR IDOL LOOK BETTER, ITS STUPID.
3. Ranking videos, esp idols from diff groups. It encourages fan wars and as mentioned above, unwanted promoting and hate.

ignoring

😶
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
Credits
I notice that this tends to be more common in boy groups (idk about ggs tho) but when a member is crying or is on the verge of crying, another member asks him if he’s crying and then he replies with “no, I’m not crying” (like just straight up denying it) when that member himself is actually crying.
But then there’s some other male idols in particular that cried whether if it was on stage or on vlives etc. — tell their fans “I didn’t cry” when he himself actually did cry. Probably doesn’t bother most other people but I personally find it really annoying when they do that. Like, its okay to cry lol

vivianna

薇:威
Author
Website
ah-wei.carrd.co
Credits
Helio Niccolo
Dekis Solon
✧ The Boyz Younghoon ✧
The Untamed
When people talk about how hip pads don't make sense because the industry wants idols to be skinny and then they just add stuff to make them "fatter". Please, it's for the hourglass figure.

iiserene;

Website
open.spotify.com
Credits
✧ Yeonjun ✧
Yunjin
Cute Elephant
Never-Bong
it annoys me so much when k-pop stans think they are ¨different¨ or ¨cool¨ for stanning unpopular groups and then they think you are weird for stanning a more popular group such as red velvet or svt. like would you grow up? you are not ¨cool¨ for stanning an unpopular group and nobody is ¨uncool¨ or ¨an average kpop stan¨ if they don´t.

let people stan who they want to stan and don't bug others for their stan list.

ignoring

😶
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
Credits
anyone else agreed with me for this one?
Not really, I’m pretty much the opposite as I personally like seeing male idols in crop tops. But that depends if they’re only comfortable wearing them or not. Otherwise, if they’re uncomfortable with wearing them, then yeah I wouldn’t like to see them wear it then.
I personally would rather see male idols wear a crop top than them lifting up their shirts to show their abs, but again this is just my personal preference so I don’t expect everyone to agree with me on this. At the end of the day, we all have different preferences and that’s fine.