I also forgot to add smth for my current school; all the rules don't apply if you're popular. Literally all the popular kids at my school get away with everything and they know it. For example there was this guy that was two years ahead of me and he (trigger warning) s3x^ally [email protected]&ssed me for two years and I was too scared to do anything but when my friends finally told the principal and smth else happened with him that had to get the security guards involved, they said that the school took his side and didn't do anything because he was one of the faces of my school at the time. He basically got a slap on the wrist by getting suspended for 2 days and then not being allowed to stand next to me in our choir class anymore (which was quickly ignored by my choir teacher bc we were the only two tenors that year and we had to be able to hear each other or whatever, so basically I was forced to stand right next to him for the rest of that school year until he graduated.), but nothing was done even when he sent someone to send my friends death threats after they threatened to expose him for not only me but for a bunch of other people he did that too (I was the one he stuck around to the longest though). So yeah, fuck my school lulI went to a few different schools, and there were weird rules in all of them
1. We weren't allowed to say "What the...?" or any variation of it bc it was too close to saying "what the hell" or "what the fuck" Like literally, we would get into trouble even if we just said, "What the?"
2. I got in trouble for playing with my hair during class once, so I guess there's that
3. When we went to the library (I went to this school K-6) we weren't allowed to get books with pictures on it, even mangas or comic books bc those were marked too high for our level of understanding. Yet we could read books like Harry Potter lol okay-
1. No ripped jeans. If somebody went to school with any kind of holes in their jeans (the only exception being ripped at the knee) then they would either have them change into the PE uniform shorts or put ducktape over the holes.
2. No bringing your backpacks into class. We had lockers in this school and you had to keep your bag in your locker or else you would get into trouble.
3. No PDA of any kind. I'm not even talking abt kissing or hand-holding, if you gave your friend a hug for a split second, God forbid you got caught bc there was a hearty punishment for you.
School 3(my current school):
1. Our school dress code used to be p wacc, but we eventually ended up not having a dress code anymore bc so many people broke it.
2. There are some p basic rules that are actually nice, like no bullying for any reason and stuff like that, but the school doesn't follow up on it at all and the staff only steps in if a fight breaks out. Legit if there's a person being bullied for being gay they did nothing abt it.
3. On Halloween my boyfriend at the time (now ex) was going to put a pentacle on his hand but he ended up getting in trouble and told to wash it off bc they mistook it for a pentagram.
4. During October we wore pink on Wednesdays for breast cancer awareness month and there was this girl that had a pink bandana on her head, but was told to take it off bc it classified as a hat and "gangs are getting creative with their colors nowadays."
5. I'm p sure that if a male-presenting person were to dress fem and wear a dress, the school would tell them to change. I'm not entirely sure but there was a guy that always liked to crossdress (wearing heels and crop tops) but that's all he got to wear. On his last day before graduating, he wore a jumpsuit with a skirt attached to it but there was still a pants attachment on it.
So yeah lol