What do u think that new fans need to know?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

SunnyV

Kpop Rookie
Website
www.wattpad.com
Credits
:annyeong2:
Hey guys šŸ˜Š
Because of me my best friend started to like kpop too
Well I admit that I'm proud of myself šŸ˜‹šŸ˜…
But I want to ask you what you think is important for a new fan to know. She asked me for help and I want to help her as good as possible. And I thought that asking you is a good idea. Because I believe you guys know much more than I do and so I can not just help her but learn more as well.

šŸ˜ŠšŸ’–

MiMiĀ¹Ā²ā·

Kpop Expert
Credits
Jungwoo
MJ
Good question 1# Try to tell the members apart especially big groups like seventeen nct #2 songs get stuck in your head easily I recommend you listen to the song again so It can get out of your head thatā€™s what I do it works šŸ‘ŒšŸ½ #3 if your going to a concert try to learn the Korean lyrics trust me it comes in handy cause you donā€™t wanna be mumbling šŸ˜‚ #4 listening too Kpop songs make you forget your original language sometimes happend to me šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ thereā€™s lots more thingsšŸ¤§ OMG also donā€™t subscribe to S.M. they wonā€™t listen to there fans rn they have been mistreating memebers so plz donā€™t thatā€™s a big one10004

Last edited:

SunnyV

Kpop Rookie
Website
www.wattpad.com
Credits
Good question 1# Try to tell the members apart especially big groups like seventeen nct #2 songs get stuck in your head easily I recommend you listen to the song again so It can get out of your head thatā€™s what I do it works šŸ‘ŒšŸ½ #3 if your going to a concert try to learn the Korean lyrics trust me it comes in handy cause you donā€™t wanna be mumbling šŸ˜‚ #4 listening too Kpop songs make you forget your original language sometimes happend to me šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ thereā€™s lots more thingsšŸ¤§ OMG also donā€™t subscribe to S.M. they wonā€™t listen to there fans rn they have been mistreating memebers so plz donā€™t thatā€™s a big one
I had to learn it the hard way too šŸ˜…šŸ˜‚
i already made a list with a few bands. i also added girl groups even though i don't listen to them ^^
she told me that her main problem is that she doesn't know words that mainly kpop fans are using like bias etc or other background information. and she begged me to make her a little list so she can learn some things before she goes deeper into 'our world' (sry but she really called it that šŸ¤£)

MiMiĀ¹Ā²ā·

Kpop Expert
Credits
Jungwoo
MJ
I had to learn it the hard way too šŸ˜…šŸ˜‚
i already made a list with a few bands. i also added girl groups even though i don't listen to them ^^
she told me that her main problem is that she doesn't know words that mainly kpop fans are using like bias etc or other background information. and she begged me to make her a little list so she can learn some things before she goes deeper into 'our world' (sry but she really called it that šŸ¤£)
Same I didnā€™t know how to say bias too I use to say baes lmao

For males fans use words like:
Oppa:big brother
hyung:same meaning

For females:
unnie : older sister but (itā€™s rare)
Noona: same thing

Itā€™s weird cause itā€™s usally only blood to blood siblings that use it XD
I donā€™t even know anymore I donā€™t call my biases oppa šŸ˜‚

SunnyV

Kpop Rookie
Website
www.wattpad.com
Credits

For females:

i don't say oppa too
because in germany is the word "Opa" and thats how u call ur grandfather šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

JiyeonFati

Kpop Expert
Credits
Dami
Siyeon
SuA
JiU

For females:

Oppa is used by a woman to speak to an older man (or brother). May have different meaning how they say it.
Hyung is used by a man to speak to an older man (or brother). I don't remember women using hyung

Unnie is used by a woman to address an older woman (sister).
Noona is used by a man to address an older woman (sister).

MiMiĀ¹Ā²ā·

Kpop Expert
Credits
Jungwoo
MJ
Oppa is used by a woman to speak to an older man (or brother). May have different meaning how they say it.
Hyung is used by a man to speak to an older man (or brother). I don't remember women using hyung

Unnie is used by a woman to address an older woman (sister).
Noona is used by a man to address an older woman (sister).
of course because girls never used hyung I was referring to both genders šŸ¤§šŸ˜Ŗ for boy groups and girl groups šŸ˜ŖšŸ˜Ŗ

JiyeonFati

Kpop Expert
Credits
Dami
Siyeon
SuA
JiU
of course because girls never used hyung I was referring to both genders šŸ¤§šŸ˜Ŗ for boy groups and girl groups šŸ˜ŖšŸ˜Ŗ
What's interesting, is that you can be younger and still be called hyung or unnie by your members, usually if you're more experienced, for example if you debuted before them ^^

SunnyV

Kpop Rookie
Website
www.wattpad.com
Credits
What's interesting, is that you can be younger and still be called hyung or unnie by your members, usually if you're more experienced, for example if you debuted before them ^^
I think the way how to call someone right is confusing and a little complicated šŸ˜…

XionMinho

Face of The Group
Website
mmt.fans
Credits
Bang Chan
Jaemin
Doyoung
Seungmin
Uh, good luck bc youā€™re never escaping this kpop hole, sorry. And be open to new groups!

Brickerbrack

Kpop Expert
Credits
Dami
Handong
JiU
Siyeon

For females:

Specifically, "oppa" is a girl's big brother; "hyung" is a boy's big brother
"unnie" (or "eonni") is a girl's older sister; "nuna" is a boy's older sister.
And as far as I'm aware, it's not at all limited to relatives; I think it works for other people you're fairly close to.

And yeah, I was initially confused by the jargon at first, but I soon picked a good chunk of it up; it's pretty straightforward...

MiMiĀ¹Ā²ā·

Kpop Expert
Credits
Jungwoo
MJ
A lot of the idols along with their fans use the finger heart if they want to express how much they love them as a fanā¤
Specifically, "oppa" is a girl's big brother; "hyung" is a boy's big brother
"unnie" (or "eonni") is a girl's older sister; "nuna" is a boy's older sister.
And as far as I'm aware, it's not at all limited to relatives; I think it works for other people you're fairly close to.

And yeah, I was initially confused by the jargon at first, but I soon picked a good chunk of it up; it's pretty straightforward...

xxOddEyeCirclexx

Kpop Stan
Credits
Yves
Hyunjin
Go Won
Roa
there are some old jokes that new fans might not realize are old and not considered funny anymore (like bts' "you got no jams" joke). i would tell her kindly if she uses those jokes that they're not really used anymore and are unfunny. if she still wants to use them then that's fine, but i feel like it would be nice to know if something i said a lot annoyed so many people