GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

YvesYYXY

Kpop Fan
Credits
I don't really like the idea of temporary groups. I mean I know my favorite groups will disband one day and in a way all groups are temporary but I'd rather not know when my group will disband.

I also don't like the idea of temporary groups because some idols already belong to some group. And later on people don't really care about their groups. They only care for that temporary group because it got popular. And they are not ready to support the group that idols belong to. Ofc there can be the case that maybe that group is just not their style. But usually groups already had great songs, they just didn't have enough attention/fans.

I mean... a miracle can also happen like it happened for NU'EST. And you can have amazing success later on as solo as Chungha so it's not all bad. But I'm not a fan of temporary groups.

M

myheartizomg

I want them to last longer. I miss groups such as JBJ and X1 seem really good. Wish they could last longer.

kelwford

Forum Mod
Website
www.youtube.com
Credits
Jongho
Shinwon
I also feel bad for the groups that some members of temporary groups are already a part of... they have to try and continue without a member and hope for the best. I have my fingers crossed for Victon and Up10tion 😁

Heehawhoe

Kpop Rookie
Credits
I don't like the idea of Temporary groups but I still stan them. Because you already have a group with talented members, And then disbandment happens, And so the former members go out to pursue solo careers or get put in another group. I mean, That's good too. But we're not certain if they are gonna achieve that same amount of success and popularity as they did with their temporary groups. And by making those groups permanent, You make the fans happy. And who knows, The members of that temporary group might not do well on their own.

sorrysweetie

Message me if you need anything!
Author
Website
kprofiles.com
Credits
Siyeon
AleXa
Hu Tao
Hongjoong
I think it is a good thing for the most part. Everything has pros and cons but I believe it will bring light to the idols/trainee's talents and when they do pursue other activities they can get more light shown on them too. Also it gives them more training and experience!

nobodycares

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Kihyun
Shownu
Seonghwa
Jongho
i think it's too sad when you fell in love with the Group and you really stan them and after a time they dispand and you're just like nooooooooooo and you fall in a big hole of sadness and like. OKEY I SHOULD STOP

i really loved I.O.I and now…. okey we can enjoy chung ha as a solostar but i really loved chung ha with chaeyeon together. it was too much Beauty in one Group like omg

LizzieCornZ__

𝓜𝓪𝓴𝓷𝓪𝓮~𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓷
Author
Credits
Jisun
Youngmin
I understand why they are not permanent since they will eventually go back to their company. Maybe their company already had something planned for them after the show and they debuted and wouldn't come back for a very long time. Although it's sad I understand why. You just have to try to get attached to the members not the group

mashikyukyu

Maknae
Website
www.pinterest.ch
Credits
Dowoon
Seunghun
New
Woong
I understand why they are not permanent since they will eventually go back to their company. Maybe their company already had something planned for them after the show and they debuted and wouldn't come back for a very long time. Although it's sad I understand why. You just have to try to get attached to the members not the group
good thinking 🤔 in the end, we'll be supporting the members, no matter where they are or what group they're in
it's also a good opportunity that these ex-temp members debut in another group afterwards, bc the new members added into the new groups get more recognition and they have a pretty successful debut 🤭

LizzieCornZ__

𝓜𝓪𝓴𝓷𝓪𝓮~𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓷
Author
Credits
Jisun
Youngmin
good thinking 🤔 in the end, we'll be supporting the members, no matter where they are or what group they're in
it's also a good opportunity that these ex-temp members debut in another group afterwards, bc the new members added into the new groups get more recognition and they have a pretty successful debut 🤭
Good point! Yeah hopefully unlike IOI Members like Sejeong, Mina, Yoojung, Doyeon, and Chungha (at the beginning)

piscesigh

Maknae
Website
twitter.com
Credits
Wooseok
Dean
Woodz
Jungwoo
I think that it's a good way for newbies or trainees to decide whether they really want to dedicate themselves to that lifestyle or not.
If they used to be in another group, it's also a great way to promote those and maybe bring back some glory to them! I feel like The Unit helped a lot to this, for example.
On the other hand, it might be sad to see them disband but overall I feel like it's a great opportunity! I think it sucks when it comes down to the amount of time they stay active... For example, the amount of time for Wanna One and I.O.I was so little yet they had so much fame, but X1 is supposed to be around for like 5 years, so that's pretty good!
We should also keep in mind that most of them already have agencies so at some point they have to come back to those, after all these shows exist to make the agencies/groups more famous~

Credits
Y
Seungmin
Jeong Sewoon
I think that it's a good way for newbies or trainees to decide whether they really want to dedicate themselves to that lifestyle or not.
If they used to be in another group, it's also a great way to promote those and maybe bring back some glory to them! I feel like The Unit helped a lot to this, for example.
On the other hand, it might be sad to see them disband but overall I feel like it's a great opportunity! I think it sucks when it comes down to the amount of time they stay active... For example, the amount of time for Wanna One and I.O.I was so little yet they had so much fame, but X1 is supposed to be around for like 5 years, so that's pretty good!
We should also keep in mind that most of them already have agencies so at some point they have to come back to those, after all these shows exist to make the agencies/groups more famous~
Yesss, I agree with this!! :)

mashikyukyu

Maknae
Website
www.pinterest.ch
Credits
Dowoon
Seunghun
New
Woong
hmm true 🤔 it seems like a plus for the company since they not only promoted their trainees/artists but also the company itself
imagine how the companies feel after releasing a popular trainee and to suddenly have an increase in auditions and sales in general wow

piscesigh

Maknae
Website
twitter.com
Credits
Wooseok
Dean
Woodz
Jungwoo
hmm true 🤔 it seems like a plus for the company since they not only promoted their trainees/artists but also the company itself
imagine how the companies feel after releasing a popular trainee and to suddenly have an increase in auditions and sales in general wow
Exactly! For example, Bran New Music gained a lot of popularity after Wanna One, so it's normal that the agencies send them to try out at these things and they just do what they are obliged to, sadly. At Produce X 101, there were even many actors and models!

mashikyukyu

Maknae
Website
www.pinterest.ch
Credits
Dowoon
Seunghun
New
Woong
Exactly! For example, Bran New Music gained a lot of popularity after Wanna One, so it's normal that the agencies send them to try out at these things and they just do what they are obliged to, sadly. At Produce X 101, there were even many actors and models!
true true
seems everyone involved gets a bonus, simply by taking part in the show ✊

JiyeonFati

Kpop Expert
Credits
Dami
Siyeon
SuA
JiU
There are interesting sides : the trainees are evaluated without concessions and learn many things. Even if they aren't ready yet and don't debut with the winning group, they got a great way to improve. Like (G)I-dle's Soyeon who was in P101 S1 and UR3, or April's Chaekyung who joined the group later. Their companies also got a feedback about their current level and can adjust their debut soon or later.

Now there are two many survival shows. It tends to repeat the same formula. The downside is you ultimately loose diversity.

renejayde

Kpop Groupie
Author
Website
twitter.com
Credits
Yuta
Lucas
Jungwoo
Changbin
I personally don't mind temporary groups, I like finding out about trainees from smaller companies that I otherwise would most likely never hear of, and getting to know other groups that the trainees join once the temporary group disbands.

The only thing I have an issue with is if someone who is already in a group debuts in a temporary group, I feel bad for the original group as they either have to promote with a member missing or wait until the temporary group disbands. I know it's a great way for the group to gain popularity but I still feel sorry for those who are left behind.

LizzieCornZ__

𝓜𝓪𝓴𝓷𝓪𝓮~𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓷
Author
Credits
Jisun
Youngmin
I personally don't mind temporary groups, I like finding out about trainees from smaller companies that I otherwise would most likely never hear of, and getting to know other groups that the trainees join once the temporary group disbands.

The only thing I have an issue with is if someone who is already in a group debuts in a temporary group, I feel bad for the original group as they either have to promote with a member missing or wait until the temporary group disbands. I know it's a great way for the group to gain popularity but I still feel sorry for those who are left behind.
Yeah like Wooshin has to stop promoting with UP10TION for 2.5 years
All the Japanese members of IZ*ONE have to stop promotions with their group

ThoseGoodOldDreams

Maknae
Credits
Yoohyeon
JiU
Suran
Soyeon
It's odd to find out some members of temporary groups are members of other groups. I always wonder if their first group is just supposed to continue without them or wait for them? Either one seems kind of unfair. I also feel bad for some members of the temporary groups who might not end up as big as other members in later years.