Things you would change about Kpop?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
B

blink

These are basically my top three that I could think of.
Dating
I would like to change their freedom to do stuff, as we all know. Idols are banned/restricted from dating. Which is quite ridiculous since Idols are humans too. They have emotions and have their flaws. I know that the industry try to sell them as Perfect, Innocent, clean people but It's just a fantasy. You just can't derive people from love, y'know?

Opinions
I would also want to change the way Idols get to say what they think. Not 'change' but I would like them to say what their opinions are. Even if you may not agree with them. Even if people might find them controversial and stuff. I just want them to have freedom. Their opinions are often pushed back and they don't get to say it. I'm starting to see them more like puppets than people. Because that's how they are being treated and marketed by their companies. Everyone in the group has their own role to play. Each group has the ' sexy' member, the 'cute' member, the 'shy' member and so on and so forth. It's all just the same thing with the different people. And most of the time, the members are not like that. They are just being marketed that way. You get to have the most happiest member get the 'shy' role just because of their looks sometimes.

The view of Plastic Surgery in Kpop.
that's it.
Idols don't have to fit the beauty standard to be considered 'beautiful'.

Hbu?

EDIT: I want to add underage members in groups. Since they are exposed to many things. Although they did decide to become an Idol but that doesn't mean they have to be sex**lized and overworked, being put on harsh diets when their bodies are still developing and they have to deal with more things. Being put into the industry at a young age can damage their health. Both physical and mentally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Credits
Mingi
Lee Know
Hongjoong
Yeosang
Dating
I would like to change their freedom to do stuff, as we all know. Idols are banned/restricted from dating. Which is quite ridiculous since Idols are humans too. They have emotions and have their flaws. I know that the industry try to sell them as Perfect, Innocent, clean people but It's just a fantasy. You just can't derive people from love, y'know?

Opinions
I would also want to change the way Idols get to say what they think. Not 'change' but I would like them to say what their opinions are. Even if you may not agree with them. Even if people might find them controversial and stuff. I just want them to have freedom. Their opinions are often pushed back and they don't get to say it. I'm starting to see them more like puppets than people. Because that's how they are being treated and marketed by their companies. Everyone in the group has their own role to play. Each group has the ' sexy' member, the 'cute' member, the 'shy' member and so on and so forth. It's all just the same thing with the different people. And most of the time, the members are not like that. They are just being marketed that way. You get to have the most happiest member get the 'shy' role just because of their looks sometimes.

that's it.

Hbu?
I agree!!

Credits
Y
Seungmin
Jeong Sewoon
Dating

Opinions

that's it.

Hbu?
Yesss!!

seungwoo

Kpop Amateur
Credits
Dohyun
Dongpyo
Junho
Hangyul
to add on: having people like a kpop group for their talent instead of their looks, netizens (they're so unnecessarily harsh, while they're sometimes kind i've noticed they do more harm than anything else), and allowing groups to be themselves in all ways (dating, tattoos, how they dress, etc), and there's so much more as well!

edit: i forgot to mention dieting! it doesn't matter if an idol is skinny or has abs, as i've stated it's more about their talents instead! kpop is encouraging them to have much stricter and even more dangerous diets, and i think it needs to be stopped, or at least lessened, because not only is it bad for them, but it can be a bad influence on their fans.

kkyuni

Kpop Groupie
Website
www.instagram.com
Credits
Chen
Donghun
Doyoung
DK
Dating

Opinions

that's it.

Hbu?

EDIT: I want to add underage members in groups. Since they are exposed to many things. Although they did decide to become an Idol but that doesn't mean they have to be sex**lized and overworked, being put on harsh diets when their bodies are still developing and they have to deal with more things. Being put into the industry at a young age can damage their health. Both physical and mentally.
Agree👌🏼

B

blink

I feel like entertainment companies should pay more attention to their artists' mental health. This would help prevent them from resorting to drugs, *******, or other self-mutilating means to cope.
I agree with this.

But usually, in South Korea, mental health is put under the rug. Which is unfortunate since many people are dealing with it and resort to things as you stated to cope.
I agree with everyone also I hate when companies make idols go on starving diets in order to look incredibly thin so they can fit the beauty standards. Now if someone is by their nature/metabolism thin that's another discussion but when they are basically forced to be dangerously underweight , that's just very sad :(
It honestly truly is. And when underage idols are being put through this it can really damage their mental and physical health which sucks. I feel like people need to be more accepting of different body sizes.

VIPJACKAHGADAY

CEO
Website
lnk.bio
Credits
Young K
CL
I agree with this.

But usually, in South Korea, mental health is put under the rug. Which is unfortunate since many people are dealing with it and resort to things as you stated to cope.

It honestly truly is. And when underage idols are being put through this it can really damage their mental and physical health which sucks. I feel like people need to be more accepting of different body sizes.
The thing that caught my eye, especially as a person striving to become a psychologist, was the fact that South Korea's ******* rate is #2 in the world. And the fact that people like Park Bom had to get treatment from other countries shows how little South Korea cares about the issue.

B

blink

The thing that caught my eye, especially as a person striving to become a psychologist, was the fact that South Korea's ******* rate is #2 in the world. And the fact that people like Park Bom had to get treatment from other countries shows how little South Korea cares about the issue.
Exactly. There's this stigma against mental health and such. I'm not sure on this but I feel like it's known that South Korea is a conservative country and this might add to it.

Adding about Bom, the media went crazy when she used a drug to treat her ADHD when it was completely legal in the U.S. **Adderall i believe** And mentioned that ADHD isn't known in SK.

Credits
Mingi
Lee Know
Hongjoong
Yeosang
Me, as a person who can't express my feelings well in one try (Cause what I wish for are always so simple and silly compared to others...), I simply wish that idols are viewed as a human being. They should be treated like one, be respected like one, and be like one.

Being treated like one: Stop criticizing them for being who they are, physically or emotionally. Being an idol is a job, and all job should be respected.

Being respected like one: They are humans too. They have emotions, they have personalities, they live, they breathe, they do everything like us. Being an idol is just like any other job; to help the world. Being an idol seems easy and all, but what about their hours of practice, their worries of popularity? Yes, they have to worry about their popularity because that's how they spread the message of love. So stop judging them with a pair of $1 glasses. So stop being disrespectful to them and be like, "Be this!" Or "Be that!" Or just simply being disrespectful and saying bad things about them. Especially about body and looks. And stop stalking them and touch them in a rude way.

Be like one: This is about idols themselves now. They should have every freedom like us. If they are restricted in many ways, then what's the difference between them and a trapped animal?! Whimpering secretly as they wipe their tears away and smiling... like a trained human... through many hardships... This is a free world. They shouldn't be bad, but they shouldn't be strained either like a dog on a leash. They should be able to love who they want to love, eat what they want to eat, and live how they want to live. Be like every free human being.

I realized that those are 3 Bs... Anyways... I hope I didn't sound silly but those were my opinions...

B

blink

Me, as a person who can't express my feelings well in one try (Cause what I wish for are always so simple and silly compared to others...), I simply wish that idols are viewed as a human being. They should be treated like one, be respected like one, and be like one.

Being treated like one: Stop criticizing them for being who they are, physically or emotionally. Being an idol is a job, and all job should be respected.

Being respected like one: They are humans too. They have emotions, they have personalities, they live, they breathe, they do everything like us. Being an idol is just like any other job; to help the world. Being an idol seems easy and all, but what about their hours of practice, their worries of popularity? Yes, they have to worry about their popularity because that's how they spread the message of love. So stop judging them with a pair of $1 glasses. So stop being disrespectful to them and be like, "Be this!" Or "Be that!" Or just simply being disrespectful and saying bad things about them. Especially about body and looks. And stop stalking them and touch them in a rude way.

Be like one: This is about idols themselves now. They should have every freedom like us. If they are restricted in many ways, then what's the difference between them and a trapped animal?! Whimpering secretly as they wipe their tears away and smiling... like a trained human... through many hardships... This is a free world. They shouldn't be bad, but they shouldn't be strained either like a dog on a leash. They should be able to love who they want to love, eat what they want to eat, and live how they want to live. Be like every free human being.

I realized that those are 3 Bs... Anyways... I hope I didn't sound silly but those were my opinions...
You don't sound silly, thanks for sharing.

XionMinho

Face of The Group
Website
mmt.fans
Credits
Bang Chan
Jaemin
Doyoung
Seungmin
Dating

Opinions

that's it.

Hbu?

I agree with this but I think maybe the dating rule could stay for one year after debut so they could focus. I think banning it completely is stupid and I think one year would do the job well enough to help them not get in over their heads.

Elina xi

CEO
Credits
Minho
Suho
Hoshi
Chen
Dating

Opinions

that's it.

Hbu?

I agree.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Minimum debut age would be 16
Minimum trainee age would be 13
Diets would not be forced on the idols
Any idol would be allowed to date without any bans. Major idols would also allowed to make it public while minor idols would be encouraged to keep it lowkey so fans wouldn’t be creepy over it
Idols would be able to express their sexuality freely. Though, this is an issue with Korea as a whole more than just Kpop
Idols would be given proper mental health support

And if I had the magical power to change fan attitudes, none of the bullying of idols or mass hate for little to no reason