things in kpop you dislike

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

ignoring

😶
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
Credits
I find this to be more common in boy groups - but if a member is crying then he would keep on saying that he isn’t crying (when he actually is) after the other members ask him if he’s crying. And I sometimes wonder if it’s because they’re afraid to show emotions in front of people due to the old stereotype that “men have to be tough” (which I 100% disagree with and I’m glad that that stereotype is not the norm anymore). And what even bothers me is that when the other members laugh and (in most or some cases) make fun of that member that’s crying instead of comforting him. Like yeah I get that they’re “friends” and all but that’s something that bothers me and I personally am not very fond of that type of stuff.

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
idols being forced into doing thing they're afraid of.

-i forget their names, but there's a member of wjsn and a member of the boyz who are both v afraid of water. yet both were forced to do underwater photoshoots for their grps, despite the members crying and begging not to.
-sunny of snsd briefly lived in kuwait during the gulf war and developed trauma from it (as most ppl would), resulting in her being afraid of loud noises such as fireworks. but time and time again she's been subjected to fireworks on award shows, and often wo warning
-joy of red velvet is afraid of fireworks. and then she got hate for running off stage when fireworks unexpectedly went off. but what did you expect? she was scared! she's human, she's allowed to get scared, yet she was attacked for having a natural response.
-and i'm sure there's many many many more examples that i can't think of or don't know of, unfortanetly

the industry needs to do better. and we, as fans, need to do better. i absolutely detest anybody who spreads gifs/videos/pictures of idols being afraid, and esp joy running off stage. you can bring awareness to what's happening and advocate for the idol wo spreading a v vulnerable moment as far as possible

chaechae.core

Band Manager
Website
mintchocochaechae.carrd.co
Credits
Growing Heart
Chaeyoung
Felix
Chaewon
kpop fans just being toxic, rude and making no sense, like why the hell would you hate on IU her being Jungkook's ideal type, or getting mad that Dahyun skipped a LALISA add,
I love Lisa and Blackpink, but I would skip it in a heartbeat because I just want to get to my video, it's not that deep. Like why is that even a problem?
Another thing, getting mad at wonyoung for eating a strawberry with two hands. like...what..? She's sorry that she eats?
It's just plain dumb and why kpop isn't as fun anymore,

Also, another thing that makes me uncomfortable is when people baby idols, like "AWW, MY BABBYY" makes me cringe so bad
The idol is prolly older than you and even if they're not, please stop-.

Also justice for Soojin, Garam and other idols who got kicked out of their group for a scandal where they were innocent.

ignoring

😶
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
Credits
When some idols (more common in female idols, but some male idols like Hyeongjun from what I've seen) make those whiny-child like noises when they cry, it comes off as extremely fake and attention seeking - it really rubs me the wrong way and I 100% can’t stand it at all, especially since they’re not even little kids, but most of them are GROWN ASS PEOPLE (and it makes me wanna punch them in the face). I’ll never understand why do it like that when they should just cry silently instead of doing those typical baby cries.

edit: but most of them are GROWN ASS PEOPLE

Last edited:

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
Debuting minors...
no one should be 13 and debut in a competitive and really non friendly environment of kpop lol
the more minors i see debut, the more i wonder abt the child labor laws in south korea? what laws are in place to protect child celebrities? being an idol is a full time job, and in most developed countries, it is very much so illegal for children under a certain age (usually 16 in the us, idk abt other places) to work even a part time job. and in the us, there are specific laws to protect child stars to ensure that they get paid fairly, aren't exploited, etc etc. so...why are these children working high stress, v public full time jobs? like, i saw a grp the other day whose maknae just turned 10 literally yesterday and i'm p sure it wasn't a kid grp...

jayhvrs

Kpop Rookie
Credits
MOA Bong
Nachimbong
Neobong
Xiao Jun
I don't know who styles backup dancers for performances, but why are the backup dancers always given such plain outfits? I understand that the focus is on the idols, but at least make the backup dancers' clothes fit the concept of the song. Like it doesn't really make sense to have a bright cheery song and performance while the backup dancers are wearing dark costumes that don't match the color palette of the concept, you know?
companies debuting minors