The Truth

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

honeycove

Stan Red Velvet
Credits
Username Change
User Title Change
IM
Jisun
Saw this on Tumblr and thought I’d post for all the delusional fans who still think this way:

Some of you are in own little bubble and I’m sorry but I’m about to pop that. 1- The chances of you moving to Korea are very slim. 2- By saying “I only like Asian men” “ I want to marry an Asian man not a guy of my race” “I want to fuck an Asian guy and have cute kids” is fetishizing a whole entire race. 3- Shocker Asia isn’t just Korea, Japan and China okay. Asia is a huge continent and it has multiple ethnic groups not just the ones you like ok. 4- You are not superior to other fan bases. You do not have the right to tell anyone who they should stan just because it isn’t your bias group 5- It is hypocritical of you to read smut about your faves then call people out when they say they want fuck a member of which ever group. 6-Not all Korean men/women look like Kpop idols. 7- You will never be with your ‘Oppa’ 8- It isn’t okay to be telling idols when they can date 9- Its not right you hating on people they do date because spoiler alert they are human. 10- Its not okay to be disrespectful towards other people down to different opinions. Lastly it is certainly not okay sending death threats to people who stan different groups bc believe or not, not every one likes the same thing. A/N. Your behaviour is a reflection of you and no one else.

M

myheartizomg

Preach! 👏👏👏

Even if you move to South Korea, what would you expect? Meet your 'Oppa' and marry him the next day? Absolutely not.
Having a preference on other races is okay but bringing down a specific race (your own like this post is saying) just because of your own preferences is simply rude and ridiculous. Asia has a total of 48 countries! I completely agree with everything, especially the last sentence;
" Your behaviour is a reflection of you and no one else "

teenypieceofkleenexinyourhair

𝔂𝓸𝓾'𝓻𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓶𝓸𝓼𝓽 𝓫𝓮𝓪𝓾𝓽𝓲𝓯𝓾𝓵
Staff member
Credits
Daehyeon
Donghan
Juyeon
New
AMEN!

I mean, personally, I do want to go to Korea and China one day, and if it doesn't happen, I'm okay with that, but I don't want to go there, like some people, and stalk people I stan. That's just creepy and horribly rude.

honeycove

Stan Red Velvet
Credits
Username Change
User Title Change
IM
Jisun
Preach! 👏👏👏

Even if you move to South Korea, what would you expect? Meet your 'Oppa' and marry him the next day? Absolutely not.
Having a preference on other races is okay but bringing down a specific race (your own like this post is saying) just because of your own preferences is simply rude and ridiculous. Asia has a total of 48 countries! I completely agree with everything, especially the last sentence;
" Your behaviour is a reflection of you and no one else "
Agreed sis! I agreed so hard, which is why I posted it here. I see a lot of young fans (10-15 years old) who really believe they’re going to marry their oppa’s and live happily ever after

Staff member
Credits
Daehyeon
Donghan
Juyeon
New
Agreed sis! I agreed so hard, which is why I posted it here. I see a lot of young fans (10-15 years old) who really believe they’re going to marry their oppa’s and live happily ever after
lol....no, that's never going to happen. As Min Yoongi said, "I will date a fan, not a 13 year old who knows more about me than I do." And I'm positive no other Idol will, unless maybe they're younger then 17. There is a difference between 'a fan' and 'obsession' and I have seen a LOT of obsession since I got into K-Pop

honeycove

Stan Red Velvet
Credits
Username Change
User Title Change
IM
Jisun
lol....no, that's never going to happen. As Min Yoongi said, "I will date a fan, not a 13 year old who knows more about me than I do." And I'm positive no other Idol will, unless maybe they're younger then 17. There is a difference between 'a fan' and 'obsession' and I have seen a LOT of obsession since I got into K-Pop
Very true! Usually the ones who believe a certain idol is theirs are children. I joke around and say “oh so and so is my baby daddy” but I don’t mean it for real, it’s just a joke between my best friend and I. Personally, I wouldn’t want to date or marry an idol, there would be too much hate that comes with the relationship from obsessive fans

Staff member
Credits
Daehyeon
Donghan
Juyeon
New
Very true! Usually the ones who believe a certain idol is theirs are children. I joke around and say “oh so and so is my baby daddy” but I don’t mean it for real, it’s just a joke between my best friend and I. Personally, I wouldn’t want to date or marry an idol, there would be too much hate that comes with the relationship from obsessive fans
Yeah, me neither

ThoseGoodOldDreams

Maknae
Credits
Yoohyeon
JiU
Suran
Soyeon
A lot of the fixations of some people remind me of when I was younger and certain I would marry Nick Jonas, I grew out of it obviously so hopefully these kids will too. This is really well written though, I think more people need to understand that the chance of them marrying their 'oppa' is slim to none.

honeycove

Stan Red Velvet
Credits
Username Change
User Title Change
IM
Jisun
A lot of the fixations of some people remind me of when I was younger and certain I would marry Nick Jonas, I grew out of it obviously so hopefully these kids will too. This is really well written though, I think more people need to understand that the chance of them marrying their 'oppa' is slim to none.
Agreed! Back in my day, I was the same, but my boy crushes were Justin Timberlake, Aaron Carter and his big brother Nick, so yeah, we’ve all had a phase like that at one point but we all grew out of it.

ThoseGoodOldDreams

Maknae
Credits
Yoohyeon
JiU
Suran
Soyeon
Agreed! Back in my day, I was the same, but my boy crushes were Justin Timberlake, Aaron Carter and his big brother Nick, so yeah, we’ve all had a phase like that at one point but we all grew out of it.
I think it's more noticeable now because of social media and Youtube, I can't imagine how cringey I would've been on Twitter ten years ago.

Staff member
Credits
Daehyeon
Donghan
Juyeon
New
Yeah. When I was 6, I wanted to marry Josh Hutcherson, but now, I'm like, "ew, why did I ever want to marry him"

Meybal

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Minhyuk
Hongjoong
Shownu
Yunho
I think that it is true that with social media the hypes that kids have these days really get out of hand sometimes. Nowadays it is easy to just lose yourself and spend your entire time on the internet, getting more and more information about your crush as the source is almost infinite.
I remember that when I wanted to know stuff about my childhood crushes, I had to either be lucky and see stuff on TV, or I would have to buy a magazine about "star news" and search for stuff in there (which I rarely did for that purpose). So I feel like back then it wasnt as severe.

I just hope that for them it will just be the same as with my childhood crushes and they grow out of it after a while, or rather they realize that they are not really "in love" and eventually just end up in supporting their idols "normally".

honeycove

Stan Red Velvet
Credits
Username Change
User Title Change
IM
Jisun
I think that it is true that with social media the hypes that kids have these days really get out of hand sometimes. Nowadays it is easy to just lose yourself and spend your entire time on the internet, getting more and more information about your crush as the source is almost infinite.
I remember that when I wanted to know stuff about my childhood crushes, I had to either be lucky and see stuff on TV, or I would have to buy a magazine about "star news" and search for stuff in there (which I rarely did for that purpose). So I feel like back then it wasnt as severe.

I just hope that for them it will just be the same as with my childhood crushes and they grow out of it after a while, or rather they realize that they are not really "in love" and eventually just end up in supporting their idols "normally".
I agree. I hope a lot of these little kids who think they’re in love with their oppas will get over it as they get older, but who really knows.