NCT's Taeyong accused of homophobia, insulting a gay student in graduation album

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mashikyukyu

Maknae
Website
www.pinterest.ch
Credits
Dowoon
Seunghun
New
Woong
A photo of Taeyong's school graduation album has emerged and it's stirring up trouble.
It comes only a short while after Taeyong was caught up in rumors that he used to be a bully back in school.
Translation:
"I had fun times with everyone and everyone had a good personality. I believe you'll all succeed but (student's name) won't because he's gay. I guarantee it." - Lee Taeyong

Netizens' comments:​

• "Is he crazy? SuperM is to advance into the US so I'm sure the US is sensitive about things like this. His character..."
  • "The victim of body shaming by Taeyong is also trying to get an apology but SM is ignoring her."
  • "He sexually harassed 2NE1, too. Someone said they liked 2NE1's video and Taeyong replied and said they must like p*rn."
  • "He wrote this on a graduation album where everyone can see. The person who publicized this is a sexual minority. Even if the student wasn't actually gay, Taeyong is still punishable for defamation of character. Taeyong is a criminal."
  • "I can see his character. Why do people like him?"
  • "I can only think of karma when I see him. He used to body-shame girls and now he's getting insulted for his proportions. He said the student won't succeed because he's gay and now people are criticizing him for being the reason for his group's failure."
  • "He didn't succeed even though he's not gay."
  • "It's not a mistake he made from being unaware. He did that because he's actually a really bad person. The fact that he even thought of saying things like this is terrible."
  • "Hong Konger Lucas and the majority of Chinese members support the Chines government as well. I find NCT's name disgusting already."

Last edited:

mashikyukyu

Maknae
Website
www.pinterest.ch
Credits
Dowoon
Seunghun
New
Woong
I was about to stan NCT but 2NE1 is my ult girl group
But I can't really be sure until I see proof
same here, thats one of the comments im iffy about but im hoping at least some of this clears up so we can see for sure what he did and didn't do so the ppl involved get a proper apology

milfkun

Kpop Rookie
Credits
Xiao Jun
Jongho
Kim Woojin
Hendery
1. The original was posted on Pann so it's user-made
2. This is coming out what 10 years after it was supposed to happen? And shockingly close to SuperM's debut? hmmm
3. Many people, especially on allkpop, have pointed out the name isn't spelled right. It says "taeyon" instead of taeyong
4. It isn't even CLOSE to his handwriting style, I've seen small summaries of it but honestly it's a vast difference in how certain letters are written
5. People have been speculating this also has something to do with anti-nct wayv fans? Idk about that one but still
6. There is no source on the original post either

piscesigh

Maknae
Website
twitter.com
Credits
Wooseok
Dean
Woodz
Jungwoo
Well, I did saw that his name was written incorrectly... And I find it slightly weird that they waited until now to show this when they could have exposed them in any other nct comeback or when the whole controversy about him scamming in the past and such.
He did apologize about that last incident during the first episode of NCT Life back in 2016:
“I think a lot about what I should do. Before I debuted, when I was young, I did many things that I regret and that I’m embarrassed about.”
1. Maybe this isn't really him? Idk
2. Even if he did say that (which is such an awful comment and hits pretty close home), I believe that people can inform themselves and change for the better... Anyways, I'd like it if SM takes some initiative to confirm or deny whether this is true or not.

The quote is from this article.

Meybal

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Minhyuk
Hongjoong
Shownu
Yunho
A lot of those accusations seem to be pretty horrible.
But the internet and social media itself are horrible in spreading false news too, so I wouldn't like to jump to conclusions too soon. Sadly there are a lot of mean and envious people out there who wish others harm and spread rumours so you can never be too sure unless there is proof...

Well, I did saw that his name was written incorrectly... And I find it slightly weird that they waited until now to show this when they could have exposed them in any other nct comeback or when the whole controversy about him scamming in the past and such.
He did apologize about that last incident during the first episode of NCT Life back in 2016:

1. Maybe this isn't really him? Idk
2. Even if he did say that (which is such an awful comment and hits pretty close home), I believe that people can inform themselves and change for the better... Anyways, I'd like it if SM takes some initiative to confirm or deny whether this is true or not.

The quote is from this article.

I just watched the part where he apologized and I have to say it made me teary. I could feel his sincerity and that what he had done in the past was still plaguing him.

I don't know too much about him or NCT but I hope that there will be more information about the new accusations soon...

Credits
Y
Seungmin
Jeong Sewoon
Y
A lot of those accusations seem to be pretty horrible.
But the internet and social media itself are horrible in spreading false news too, so I wouldn't like to jump to conclusions too soon. Sadly there are a lot of mean and envious people out there who wish others harm and spread rumours so you can never be too sure unless there is proof...

I just watched the part where he apologized and I have to say it made me teary. I could feel his sincerity and that what he had done in the past was still plaguing him.

I don't know too much about him or NCT but I hope that there will be more information about the new accusations soon...
yeah, and people still had to nerve to post such things a couple of years (even 10 years) later after the “alleged” incident when they should’ve released it a lot earlier than they think they should’ve..like that’s really stupid.

Meybal

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Minhyuk
Hongjoong
Shownu
Yunho
Y

yeah, and people still had to nerve to post such things a couple of years (even 10 years) later after the “alleged” incident when they should’ve released it a lot earlier than they think they should’ve..like that’s really stupid.

I find that really irritating too...
Like why now?

Also the fact that his name is spelled incorrectly in his graduation album seems off... I think he would have been capable to spell it correctly, like I mean even I can see its wrong and I only recently began learning some korean...

Credits
Y
Seungmin
Jeong Sewoon
I find that really irritating too...
Like why now?

Also the fact that his name is spelled incorrectly in his graduation album seems off... I think he would have been capable to spell it correctly, like I mean even I can see its wrong and I only recently began learning some korean...
Yeah I think so too