my opinion on namjoon's racism scandals.❗IMPORTANT PLEASE READ❗

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Status
Not open for further replies.

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
If you want only black people to be able to post here, Ko, you should not be on a public Kpop forum meant for everyone. I wasn't saying that OP was cancelling him, I was trying to, again, educate. No, you've never mocked how another minority has spoken, but many ignorant young people have. And you shouldn't be upset explaining this- This is exactly what I'm talking about, education. Clearly, we're ignorant, but nobody has bothered to educate us. Yes, it's okay to be upset. But make a solution on how to fix the problem. Yes, I might be ignorant about this issue, but being upset about it and at me or any other person solves absolutely nothing. I was attempting to help OP, not add things that have already been said. No, white people aren't affected in the same way, but if you educate us, we could attempt to help solve the problem by educating k-pop idols, especially because white people are such a large group, statistically speaking. (To give an example: The U.S. 2021 Census Bureau counts white people as 76.3% of the population, with black pople only making up 13.4%.)
This is not my thread idk how I'm supposed to fix that. There's only so many times we can sit here an explain it, ofc I'll feel annoyed. This stuff has been taught and talked about everywhere, instead of using the excuse of being ignorant, when people call you out, you should do research and understand instead of being like "well i'm ignorant so i didn't know".

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
This is not my thread idk how I'm supposed to fix that. There's only so many times we can sit here an explain it, ofc I'll feel annoyed. This stuff has been taught and talked about everywhere, instead of using the excuse of being ignorant, when people call you out, you should do research and understand instead of being like "well i'm ignorant so i didn't know".
Komi. I don't think you're even reading my replies at this point. I'm not using the excuse of being ignorant, I'm asking you to educate me. As a black person yourself, you are the best person to do so. Of course I want to do research, but I don't know the best place to do so- Which is why I am asking you, because this is something that affects you, and something you would know more about than I. I am happy to talk to you more about it, but I don't think you're listening much at this point.

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
i'm not black, so i'm not gonna give an opinion. yes, it was wrong of him, but that's all i can say. BUT i will say that armies do a pretty decent job of hiding this. i was a hardcore army - think: koreaboo, delulu, obsessively over the top hardcore army - and never, not once, did i hear abt any of this. this is not me saying it didn't happen! just that armies are good at brushing over stuff and keeping it hidden! i was pretty obsessive, man. i read anything and everything i could regarding bts. even read lists of their "scandals." (putting it in quotations bc some of it was the ridiculous stuff, like jk used to have a gf! gasp!), yet i never knew abt this. the first i heard of it was a couple weeks ago when i was watching a video someone had made of idols they can't stand, and namjoon was on there, for this reason. i watched his apology video, and it was a shitty apology, ngl. anyway, i talked a whole lot just to say that army is really good at keeping stuff secret.

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
Komi. I don't think you're even reading my replies at this point. I'm not using the excuse of being ignorant, I'm asking you to educate me. As a black person yourself, you are the best person to do so. Of course I want to do research, but I don't know the best place to do so- Which is why I am asking you, because this is something that affects you, and something you would know more about than I. I am happy to talk to you more about it, but I don't think you're listening much at this point.
My name is Kori. And no, I'm not the best person to ask. I don't know everything, no one does. I've been explaining to you, but you have been taking it as me directing it at you specifically. I'd like to talk about it more too, but not right now. I am relaxing right now. Best places to educate yourself, is talking to multiple black people. Everyone has different opinions and views on different topics. YouTube (Tee Noir and Adeola Ash are my personal favorites), articles about the aftermath or slavery, and read/watch discussions of CA in kpop from black people to get different perspectives.

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
My name is Kori. And no, I'm not the best person to ask. I don't know everything, no one does. I've been explaining to you, but you have been taking it as me directing it at you specifically. I'd like to talk about it more too, but not right now. I am relaxing right now. Best places to educate yourself, is talking to multiple black people. Everyone has different opinions and views on different topics. YouTube (Tee Noir and Adeola Ash are my personal favorites), articles about the aftermath or slavery, and read/watch discussions of CA in kpop from black people to get different perspectives.
Apologies, I'm a bit tired, I mistyped. /g
See, that is all I needed, was help from you to become more educated- And it's something that I think we can all use. I'm not taking it as you directing it at me, but I think that you need to understand that people's ignorance is to blame, which can only be solved with education. Can you be upset? Of course! I'm not saying that at all. People have every right to be upset over something like that. If someone called me the t slur because I'm trans, for example, you had better bet I'm going to be upset. But we need to start teaching people.

ec.li.ps.e.138

Kpop Expert
Credits
jesus-- this really isn't talked about in army spaces. if he wants to apologize for this he 100 percent should. y'know. a real apology. there's layers to this shit.

also for anyone reading this thread (no one in particular), google is free, and you are free to look things up yourself. if you aren't sure why something's wrong, google it!! there's so much info out there! if you're not sure why something isn't an excuse, google! it's great and i've used it multiple times. no one is entitled to educate anyone on anything.

man everything's complicated.

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
jesus-- this really isn't talked about in army spaces. if he wants to apologize for this he 100 percent should. y'know. a real apology. there's layers to this shit.

also for anyone reading this thread (no one in particular), google is free, and you are free to look things up yourself. if you aren't sure why something's wrong, google it!! there's so much info out there! if you're not sure why something isn't an excuse, google! it's great and i've used it multiple times. no one is entitled to educate anyone on anything.

man everything's complicated.
Google is great, but you also have to be careful what you look at. Some sites have dangerous and/or straight up false information, which is why a lot of people simply don’t like to go out and look when they don’t know what they’re looking for, especially if they haven’t been taught how to safely surf the web. ☺️

TaeBora~

Kpop Stan
AHHHH! You ate! this may be old but you ate this UP. Adeola? Tee? Coming in with all the good sources!

The correction of your name to...im crying 😂 (its 4 letters how do you mess it up?)

TaeBora~

Kpop Stan
Why are non black people replying? 😐

You have the right to feel offended and upset with him. I'm still uncomfortable with the things he's done and that he never actually said the word sorry. "it was a long time ago" is never an excuse and will never be one. Racism was invented more than 100 years ago and we're still feeling the effects of it. Most of the kpop industry is problematic, there's nothing we can do to change it. Asking for a real apology isn't asking too much. It's asking the bare minimum. He's grown throughout the years and it's vert apparent, but it doesn't erase his past.
retweet x1000

Status
Not open for further replies.