my opinion on namjoon's racism scandals.❗IMPORTANT PLEASE READ❗

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Status
Not open for further replies.

chiyuu

Kpop Rookie
Website
mispina.carrd.co
Credits
Mimi
ok. let me get this straight. this man said the n word,made colorist "jokes",spoke "black English" as if it was a talent,and did cultural appropriation?!? and even worse,he made an awful apology for it. he did not say sorry ONCE in that stupid video. so what he said the n word years ago?? HE WAS STILL FLUENT IN ENGLISH. as a black person,i am just full of anger and disappointment. you may speak for your self down below if you'd like.

chiyuu

Kpop Rookie
Website
mispina.carrd.co
Credits
Mimi
i forgot the evidence lol.
main-qimg-058b506c7ea8b4e703321ed3baf6f7d9
f8a5b815cef22baa77c33555db08d021135c73e4_hq.jpg
his n-word:

L

Lucifer

Well this true indeed he did got backlash
If you done a simple search you would find these answers "Answer to What are some things that RM had done that got him in trouble? by Luísa Cardoso Monroe" Evidence #1
Answer to What are some things that RM had done that got him in trouble? by Nasiha
If you were to search the first photo you would get this article
Article
But this is a throwback to where Bulletproof Boyscoucts (BTS) were at its rookie stage but also kind throw back to their n@z¡ type hat and flags where they apologize and also Big Hit (Now known as Hype) never the less most groups have history of these type of things like Stray Kids the most famous one, tho most people come to the conclusion.
One his blacklashes was and quote "Expensive girl cover. He received major backlash and criticism (even death threats) because of the misogynistic lyrics, even though it was just a cover of Pharrell Williams’ song."
you can see more about this here
i forgot the evidence lol.
main-qimg-058b506c7ea8b4e703321ed3baf6f7d9
f8a5b815cef22baa77c33555db08d021135c73e4_hq.jpg
his n-word:

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
First of all, let me say that I am not black, so please take this opinion with a grain of salt. But have you never, once in your life, done something mean to someone else? It doesn’t have to be racism- It can be making fun of someone for the way that they are dressed. We’re all human, and this means we make mistakes. The most important thing we can do is learn from them. I’m sick of this cancel culture, especially for things that people did a long time ago. We need to focus on educating these people, not denouncing them.

L

Lucifer

Well if have read thru my source it would explain this thread anyways many artists learn by their mistakes and old things should never be bring back up

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
Why are non black people replying? 😐

You have the right to feel offended and upset with him. I'm still uncomfortable with the things he's done and that he never actually said the word sorry. "it was a long time ago" is never an excuse and will never be one. Racism was invented more than 100 years ago and we're still feeling the effects of it. Most of the kpop industry is problematic, there's nothing we can do to change it. Asking for a real apology isn't asking too much. It's asking the bare minimum. He's grown throughout the years and it's vert apparent, but it doesn't erase his past.

chiyuu

Kpop Rookie
Website
mispina.carrd.co
Credits
Mimi

You have the right to feel offended and upset with him. I'm still uncomfortable with the things he's done and that he never actually said the word sorry. "it was a long time ago" is never an excuse and will never be one. Racism was invented more than 100 years ago and we're still feeling the effects of it. Most of the kpop industry is problematic, there's nothing we can do to change it. Asking for a real apology isn't asking too much. It's asking the bare minimum. He's grown throughout the years and it's vert apparent, but it doesn't erase his past.
THANK YOU.

yoyoyeol

ᴘᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴀɴᴅꜱ ᴜᴘ
Staff member
iShop Manager
Author
Website
yeolplaylist.carrd.co
Credits
LALISA
Minnie
Hey everyone as this is a very sensitive topic, please be mindful of your words and think before you post. This is an issue that happens a lot and op has a right to be upset about it but no matter what side you're on, please be careful of what you say

chiyuu

Kpop Rookie
Website
mispina.carrd.co
Credits
Mimi
Hey everyone as this is a very sensitive topic, please be mindful of your words and think before you post. This is an issue that happens a lot and op has a right to be upset about it but no matter what side you're on, please be careful of what you say
yeah i should apologize for that. i didn't do enough research and things happened. i will be a lot more careful. sorry,again.

yoyoyeol

ᴘᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴀɴᴅꜱ ᴜᴘ
Staff member
iShop Manager
Author
Website
yeolplaylist.carrd.co
Credits
LALISA
Minnie
yeah i should apologize for that. i didn't do enough research and things happened. i will be a lot more careful. sorry,again.
no problem! just remember posts like this can cause a lot of controversial opinions to pop up, so you have to be careful of how you word your opinion in subjects like this (this goes for everyone)

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari

I’m not using it as an excuse, Ko. I’m saying that people do stupid things, especially when they’re young and impulsive. Cancel culture doesn’t help- As I said, education is better than canceling someone. You need to read my reply thoroughly before you come at me. No, it doesn’t erase his past, but did he learn from his mistakes? Yes. I never said that you have no right to be upset, because you do. I denounced cancel culture, and defended educating people about their ignorance. There are absolutely things that we can do to make the industry less problematic, starting with education. Yes, I’m not black, but it’s a very valid opinion, no matter who says it. I even said in my post "take this with a grain of salt". Please, before you get upset at people, read their responses. /g /lu

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
I’m not using it as an excuse, Ko. I’m saying that people do stupid things, especially when they’re young and impulsive. Cancel culture doesn’t help- As I said, education is better than canceling someone. You need to read my reply thoroughly before you come at me. No, it doesn’t erase his past, but did he learn from his mistakes? Yes. I never said that you have no right to be upset, because you do. I denounced cancel culture, and defended educating people about their ignorance. Yes, I’m not black, but it’s a very valid opinion, no matter who says it. I even said in my post "take this with a grain of salt". Please, before you get upset at people, read their responses. /g /lu
I never quoted you, it was not about you specifically/nm. OP never said anything about cancelling him or ruining his career, everyone can agree about what you said about cancel culture. Him being young and impulsive doesn't matter here. I'm young but I don't start mocking how other minorities speak. Black people have been calling out these kpop idols for years and it's always non black people speaking over us and inserting their opinion on something that doesn't affect them in the same way it affects us. Non black people should try not to invade spaces that are meant for black people to rant or talk about their experiences with racism in kpop or in the real world. Black people are sensitive about that, when a black person tells you, you shouldn't speak on something you can't add anything new to, don't. It's manners. I'm not upset with your post specifically, I'm upset that I even have to explain this kind of stuff to begin with. Even if I was upset with your post, I would have the right to be. You shouldn't tell people to not be upset when your going in a black space, saying "we all make mistakes"./srs /lu

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
I never quoted you, it was not about you specifically/nm. OP never said anything about cancelling him or ruining his career, everyone can agree about what you said about cancel culture. Him being young and impulsive doesn't matter here. I'm young but I don't start mocking how other minorities speak. Black people have been calling out these kpop idols for years and it's always non black people speaking over us and inserting their opinion on something that doesn't affect them in the same way it affects us. Non black people should try not to invade spaces that are meant for black people to rant or talk about their experiences with racism in kpop or in the real world. Black people are sensitive about that, when a black person tells you, you shouldn't speak on something you can't add anything new to, don't. It's manners. I'm not upset with your post specifically, I'm upset that I even have to explain this kind of stuff to begin with. Even if I was upset with your post, I would have the right to be. You shouldn't tell people to not be upset when your going in a black space, saying "we all make mistakes"./srs /lu
If you want only black people to be able to post here, Ko, you should not be on a public Kpop forum meant for everyone. I wasn't saying that OP was cancelling him, I was trying to, again, educate. No, you've never mocked how another minority has spoken, but many ignorant young people have. And you shouldn't be upset explaining this- This is exactly what I'm talking about, education. Clearly, we're ignorant, but nobody has bothered to educate us. Yes, it's okay to be upset. But make a solution on how to fix the problem. Yes, I might be ignorant about this issue, but being upset about it and at me or any other person solves absolutely nothing. I was attempting to help OP, not add things that have already been said. No, white people aren't affected in the same way, but if you educate us, we could attempt to help solve the problem by educating k-pop idols, especially because white people are such a large group, statistically speaking. (To give an example: The U.S. 2021 Census Bureau counts white people as 76.3% of the population, with black pople only making up 13.4%.)

Status
Not open for further replies.