My Bizarre Kpop Theories, Observations, and Predictions

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
57. GOT7's split up can be attributed to JYP being a control freak.
*This theory in no way is me implying that what went down was the boys fault*

Since all of Got7 left JYP I have been thinking about specific reasons why. Besides of the mismanagement of course.
I came to a conclusion by comparing Got7 and TWICE. And I found a big difference.
Got7 engaged in their own solo activities and TWICE has not.
Everyone says JYP loves his girl groups, but what about Miss A. He kinda gave up on them and latched himself onto Suzy.
But what makes TWICE different is their lack of solo debuts or other unit projects. Twice has been a group for years. At this point they would be forming subunits and other members debuting solo. For example:
Blackpink (2016)-Jennie went solo in 2018 and Rose and Lisa are preparing to in 2021
Red Velvet (2014)-Irene&Seulgi subunit in 2020
Oh My Girl (2015)-Oh My Banhana subunit debuts in 2018 and YooA goes solo in 2020
Twice (2015)-Nothing
Companies will often use solo or subunit activities to highlight certain members, give others breaks, show a different concept, etc.
But Twice hasn't done anything. I think it would benefit them to at least do a subunit, as it's obvious that some of the girls need a break. They could also highlight members that often lose out on lines in Twice albums. (I'm personally hoping for a rap line unit)
The reason why I believe twice hasn't done this is that JYP is controlling. He has the nation's girl group in his company and what they are doing right now is bringing them success. He doesn't want to try something new and fail. I also think he doesn't want to end up with another Miss A, where 1 member becomes too popular.
I think he is scared that he will lose his biggest profit source, so he is controlling and tries to play it safe.

Got7 kinda did the opposite.
Jackson established his own subsidiary of JYPE called "Team Wang". Under his own label he had a lot more creative control then I think JYP would have liked.
Mark also had a solo debut under a JYPE subsidiary.
There is also the 2 subunits Jus2 and JJ Project. Both of these units contain JB, who is a very good song producer. So I'm sure he had a lot of control.
I think that when JYP saw that he was losing complete control of the group he gave up all together.

I think this is also why JYP tends to mismanage Day6 and Stray Kids. They create all their own music, so he feels a lack of control.
In addition, I think JYP thinks that these groups are less authentic as JYPE groups.
For him it's like because his name isn't on the song then it isn't a JYPE song.
Twice does contribute to the production of their songs, but not to the extent of these other groups.
I think JYP has either directly implied that he would let go of them if they went solo, or the girls have refused it themselves as they have seen what happened to their brother groups.
JYP needs to let his artists have more freedom and not feel like he has to control them all the time.
If he continues with this streak, I fear that any group that engages in similar actions to that of Got7 will meet the same fate.
Alternate theory why JYP mismanaged Got7 so much.
He felt threatened that Jinyoung would become the superior Park Jinyoung lol

saaylhy

🧣
Author
Website
nahidanahida.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Jinx
Levi Ackerman
Kirari Momobami
57. GOT7's split up can be attributed to JYP being a control freak.
*This theory in no way is me implying that what went down was the boys fault*

Since all of Got7 left JYP I have been thinking about specific reasons why. Besides of the mismanagement of course.
I came to a conclusion by comparing Got7 and TWICE. And I found a big difference.
Got7 engaged in their own solo activities and TWICE has not.
Everyone says JYP loves his girl groups, but what about Miss A. He kinda gave up on them and latched himself onto Suzy.
But what makes TWICE different is their lack of solo debuts or other unit projects. Twice has been a group for years. At this point they would be forming subunits and other members debuting solo. For example:
Blackpink (2016)-Jennie went solo in 2018 and Rose and Lisa are preparing to in 2021
Red Velvet (2014)-Irene&Seulgi subunit in 2020
Oh My Girl (2015)-Oh My Banhana subunit debuts in 2018 and YooA goes solo in 2020
Twice (2015)-Nothing
Companies will often use solo or subunit activities to highlight certain members, give others breaks, show a different concept, etc.
But Twice hasn't done anything. I think it would benefit them to at least do a subunit, as it's obvious that some of the girls need a break. They could also highlight members that often lose out on lines in Twice albums. (I'm personally hoping for a rap line unit)
The reason why I believe twice hasn't done this is that JYP is controlling. He has the nation's girl group in his company and what they are doing right now is bringing them success. He doesn't want to try something new and fail. I also think he doesn't want to end up with another Miss A, where 1 member becomes too popular.
I think he is scared that he will lose his biggest profit source, so he is controlling and tries to play it safe.

Got7 kinda did the opposite.
Jackson established his own subsidiary of JYPE called "Team Wang". Under his own label he had a lot more creative control then I think JYP would have liked.
Mark also had a solo debut under a JYPE subsidiary.
There is also the 2 subunits Jus2 and JJ Project. Both of these units contain JB, who is a very good song producer. So I'm sure he had a lot of control.
I think that when JYP saw that he was losing complete control of the group he gave up all together.

I think this is also why JYP tends to mismanage Day6 and Stray Kids. They create all their own music, so he feels a lack of control.
In addition, I think JYP thinks that these groups are less authentic as JYPE groups.
For him it's like because his name isn't on the song then it isn't a JYPE song.
Twice does contribute to the production of their songs, but not to the extent of these other groups.
I think JYP has either directly implied that he would let go of them if they went solo, or the girls have refused it themselves as they have seen what happened to their brother groups.
JYP needs to let his artists have more freedom and not feel like he has to control them all the time.
If he continues with this streak, I fear that any group that engages in similar actions to that of Got7 will meet the same fate.
sigh..jyp is a ssəɯ

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
58. Debuts tend to lie on one extreme of the bop or flop spectrum.
I had been thinking about debuts recently. And I noticed this trend where the debut would either be iconic or fade into obscurity.
Sure there is some in between, but I feel like this is the case with most debuts. I think this has to do with debut's being well the debut. The company either goes big or goes home. So the really good ones are amazing and blow up. And the not so good ones are kinda just forgotten. And I also found that these flops tend to be cringy also.
Here are some examples of each:
Bops:
Face-Nu'est
Into The New World-SNSD
La Vie En Rose-IZONE
Energetic-Wanna One
Breathe-AB6IX
Bon Bon Chocolat-Everglow
Latata-(G)i-dle
Dalla Dalla-ITZY
The 7th Sense-NCT U
Chewing Gum-NCT Dream
Valkyrie-Oneus
Fire-2NE1
Empty-Winner
Replay-SHINee

Flops:
Freeze-Block B
Happiness-Red Velvet (even though I love this song with my whole heart)
Like Ooh-Aah-Twice (I like it but it was not well received I guess)
Boy-Treasure (people either loved it or hated it. It didn't make them blow up)
Gorilla-Pentagon (I like this one too)
Boy-The Boyz
Fanfare-SF9
Cupid-Oh My Girl (I like this one as well)
Dream Girls-IOI
Mama-EXO (Chen's high notes tho)
Pepe-CLC
No More Dream-BTS (I lowkey love this song)

But yeah. I feel like debuts are often labeled to very big extremes. Probably because it's a stan's first interaction with the group and it's easy to have a direct opinion. And especially in the 4th gen with a new group debuting every week. We have to be quick to label which ones will be success and others not.
*In no way am I calling any of these songs bad. As you can see I love a lot of them. The term 'flop' was used regarding how the song was recieved by the overall public, and if it caused the group to explode with popularity.*

Also just because a debut song is bad doesn't mean that a group will have an unsuccesful career. Look at BTS, their debut didn't get much recognition and is often regarded as cringy by the boys and stans. And the other way around to. a group could debut with a great song and never reach that peak again. The best example could be Nu'est. Although the group is very popular (more in Korea), I don't think they have released a song that has reached the popularity of "Face".

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
59. Why "How You Like That" is more popular than "Lovesick Girls".
I've been questioning recently why HYLT seems to be much more popular compared to Lovesick Girls.
I would normally think the title track would be more popular than one of 2 pre-releases.
Here is some receipts to back up this statement:
How You Like That Video Views

Lovesick Girls Video Views

Above are screenshots of the views for both song's M/Vs, Dance Practices, Inkigayo Performance (uploaded by YG), and a Lyric Video (same channel). Here is how everything adds up:
M/V: HYLT as 413,419,554 more views than Lovesick Girls
Dance Practice: HYLT has 400,827, 388 more views than Lovesick Girls
Inkigayo: HYLT has 19,196,000 more views that Lovesick Girls
Lyric Video: HYLT has 19,342,153 views than Lovesick Girls
Also HYLT gained 13 music show wins, while Lovesick Girls only won 6 times.
All of these numbers reflect the immense popularity difference. In almost all of these HYLT is double or the difference is more than that of Lovesick girls.

I also think Lovesick Girls is a better and more original song and M/V compared to HYLT, but that's my opinion.
So here are 3 reasons why I think HYLT is more popular than Lovesick Girls:

1. Date Released
When HYLT was released Blinks had been experiencing a drought of content for over a year. They were given KTL, which most people were unsatisfied with, and left them high and dry. So anything Blackpink would have released in that moment would be very popular regardless. People would be waiting to see the new song without any idea of what it could be. They are just happy that some music is being released.
I think that if Ice Cream, the other pre-release, had been dropped first, it would have experienced similar reactions.
Hell even commercial jingles they did get 10s of millions of views,
Even people who didn't stan would look into the comeback just because it had been so long since a huge group had come back.

2. Concept
Lovesick Girls was unlike anything Blackpink had done before. It took on a more acoustic early 2000s sound. The music video also relies on symbolism and storytelling, opposed to just aesthetics. The song also has significantly less hard core rapping than most of their songs.
I think people saw this new side of Blackpink and didn't know how to react to it. They were used to seeing a specific formula and concept being played out. The heavy, girl crush type song. Like Boombayah, Dx4, KTL, etc.
This is what stans were comfortable with, despite them often saying they wanted to see a different concept.
HYLT fits this mold that is Blackpink so much better. It has the same hardcore elements, it has an aesthetic m/v...it's just kinda obnoxiious and in your face. This is the name Blackpink has carved for themselves in the music industry.
People don't like change. So they flocked to what was familiar, and that is HYLT.

3. Side Effects of The Drought
I believe stans being deprived of content really affected the way they would react to content.
Within a couple of months Blackpink dropped 2 prereleases (2 being a collab) and their first full album. This is a lot of content for a fan who hasn't gotten any new music since over a year ago. It would be difficult to absorb by any fan, who had just been using their free time to stream and listen to older songs.
So they latched onto the first thing they could see, and that was HYLT.
Having no activities to multiple within a millisecond would be very overwhelming. So they took their time and focused on what came firest.

That's all I have to say for now.
Stan Blackpink and all of their releases.
Let's hope we will continue to see activities from the members and they aren't thrown into the dungeon.

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
60. Certain idols always start their group's songs.
I'm not gonna back this up with receipts. So if you wanna check just google it or something. 🤷‍♀️
So here is a list of idols that I have noticed tend to sing the first verse of their group's songs:
-Nayeon (twice)
-Hwanwoong (oneus)
-Soyeon (gidle)
-Wonyoung (iz*one)
-Eunha (gfriend) not as much as the others
-Ryujin (itzy)
-Heejin (Loona)

why certain idols always sing the first verse:
1. Their voice best fits the groups color/image.
I watched this video with music producers and questions about distribution were asked. One of the producers said the reason Nayeon often sings the first verse is because her voice best suit's Twice's 'image'.
I couldn't agree more. I think this is also the case with Soyeon and Eunha.
They both have kinda cutesy/nasally voices that fit Twice and Gfriend's concepts. In terms of Soyeon, her kind of nasty and unique voice fits the unique and darker concepts (G)i-dle does.

2. They are the center of the group.
Idols like Wonyoung, Heejin, and Ryujin will often get the first verse because they are in the center of the beginning of the song. It's out of convenience in terms of choreography. That's why they may also sing the last line of the song too.
Although ONEUS has no official center, I would say that Hwanwoong would probably be it. Which is why he often gets the first verse.

3. Aesthetics
Many idols who sing the first verse in a song often visually fit the aesthetic of the group. So in music videos and live stages they can use their looks to draw in the viewer. I think all of the idols listed above fit within this category.

If you have any other idols who you think would fit onto this list please comment it and I will add it!

Last edited:

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
60. Certain idols always start their group's songs.
I'm not gonna back this up with receipts. So if you wanna check just google it or something. 🤷‍♀️
So here is a list of idols that I have noticed tend to sing the first verse of their group's songs:
-Nayeon (twice)
-Hwanwoong (oneus)
-Soyeon (gidle)
-Wonyoung (iz*one)
-Eunha (gfriend) not as much as the others
-Ryujin (itzy)
-Heejin (Loona)

why certain idols always sing the first verse:
1. Their voice best fits the groups color/image.
I watched this video with music producers and questions about distribution were asked. One of the producers said the reason Nayeon often sings the first verse is because her voice best suit's Twice's 'image'.
I couldn't agree more. I think this is also the case with Soyeon and Eunha.
They both have kinda cutesy/nasally voices that fit Twice and Gfriend's concepts. In terms of Soyeon, her kind of nasty and unique voice fits the unique and darker concepts (G)i-dle does.

2. They are the center of the group.
Idols like Wonyoung, Heejin, and Ryujin will often get the first verse because they are in the center of the beginning of the song. It's out of convenience in terms of choreography. That's why they may also sing the last line of the song too.
Although ONEUS has no official center, I would say that Hwanwoong would probably be it. Which is why he often gets the first verse.

3. Aesthetics
Many idols who sing the first verse in a song often visually fit the aesthetic of the group. So in music videos and live stages they can use their looks to draw in the viewer. I think all of the idols listed above fit within this category.

If you have any other idols who you think would fit onto this list please comment it and I will add it!
This one is now updated with reasons and more idols

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
61. Explaining the chorus beat drop.
As of late there have been a lot of kpop songs coming out that contain a beat drop during the chorus. It seems to be a very 4th gen based trend. And I have a theory as to why this occurs.
Dancing
Kpop has become much more focused on performances and executing perfect and difficult choreographies. Less and less people are caring about impressing with vocals. Sure there are still amazing kpop vocal groups and idols, but they are not as popular.
It is very difficult to dance a very hard choreography in perfect synchronization without making any mistakes. Most of the time these dances will leave the idols out of breathe. And what do you need to sing? Breathe.
I believe that with the rise of more dance focused performances, producers have had to make some I guess short cuts.
The chorus is one of the biggest climaxes of a song. It's also the portion of the song where the memorable dance parts will be.
So a group may sacrifice a vocal chorus so they can dance perfectly.
Sure they could lip sync or use a heavy back up track, but these days technology has shamed that. It is easy to determine whether someone is singing live even just by hearing them. And there are those who publish MR Removed videos which will automatically tell you how well they are singing, or if they are even singing at all.
So, a group may play it safe and use a beat drop in the chorus to avoid this.

And in now way am I saying beat drop choruses are bad. A lot of the groups I like use beat drops in many of there songs.
I just wish we could see more vocally based choruses in the future.
I think that SM really has a leg up in this sense. 90% of SM songs have the chorus sung by the entire group. So they don't have to rely on just one person to sing well. These choruses are also often preformed with heavy backing tracks anyways.

But yes, this is what my brain thought of today.

I'm just peachy dude 🍑

Minho's secret wife 🤫
Author
Credits
Kitty Kiss
Username Change
Ari
Seungmin
So these theories and observations range from being way out there to I guess making sense. I'll update whenever I think of a new one. You don't have to comment or anything if you don't want this is kinda just serving as a storage vault for the crackhead kpop questions I have.

1. Lee Know, Wooyoung, and Yeosang left Big Hit Entertainment because they weren't tall enough to be in TXT.
We all know that TXT are all giants compared to most idols, with their tallest member Soobin being 185 cm/6 foot 1 inch, and their shortest Taehyun being 177 cm or 5 foot 10 inches.
Lee Know and Wooyoung are both 172 cm or 5 foot 7 and Yeosang is 173 cm or 5 foot 8.
So did Bighit not want such a big height difference in such a small group?
Did Bighit aim to debut a group on the taller side, in order to attract a different audience?
Or did they all just decide to leave?
I have difficulty believing that they just left, especially with Lee Know's excuse.
He was told that Bighit was not looking to debut a new boy group when he was there as a backup dancer in 2016/2017. At this point I think Bighit would have known that they would be debuting a group in the coming years and Lee Know could have stayed on as a trainee to master his skills.
This is even more confusing as Stray Kids only about a year before TXT and Ateez only a couple of months.
There has to be some personal reason they all left or it could be that my theory is correct (probably not).

2. YG and Pledis Entertainment will not give their artists comebacks unless the members are contributing to the majority of the production.
In the case of YG, it seems ever group has been having pretty consistent combacks, and older groups were as well when they were promoting. iKON, Winner, 2NE1, and Big Bang all contributed to the production of their music and were given consistant comebacks.
A really good example is iKON, Hanbin went into a writing/production frenzy and because of all the content created the group was able to have three comebacks in 2018.
This is why I believe that this is the reason Blackpink has so few comebacks.
Now I'm not shaming the girls for not writing their own music, however I feel like at this point they need to contribute to their music if they want to release anything in 2020.
In terms of Pledis we all know that Seventeen are the self-producing idols, with Woozi producing all of their content with the help of Bumzu and other members, and Hoshi, along with the performance team, choreographing all of their dances.
I believe that without this self production Seventeen would have ended up like Pristin or pre-Produce 101 Nu'est.
Pristin is a really good example of this.
Their debut was like an explosion, getting them lots of attention and praise, and even leading them to win MAMA female rookie of the year. However Pristin pretty much self-destructed after about a year or two of activity.
There is no concrete reason to why Pristin split up, as the members have told conflicting stories, however I think the lack of self-production contributed to it.
*An idol/group does not have to produce their own work to be amazing, it just depends on the company*

3. Kpop leaders tend to be rappers/producers.
I have noticed lately that about 80% of kpop group leaders tend to be a Main/Lead Rapper and they are a producer in the group. Here are some examples:
~RM-BTS (Main Rapper and Producer)
~Hongjoong-ATEEZ (Lead Rapper and Producer)
~S.Coups-Seventeen (Main Rapper)
~Nayoung-IOI (Main Rapper)
~Taeyong-NCT (Main Rapper and Producer)
~Mark-NCT Dream (Main Rapper and Producer)
~Soyeon-(G)i-dle (Main Rapper and Producer)
~Zico-Block B (Main Rapper and Producer)
~JR-Nu'est (Main Rapper)
~2NE1-CL (Main Rapper, Producer)
~Irene-Red Velvet (Main Rapper)
~Sowon-Gfriend (Main Rapper)
~JinJin-Astro (Main Rapper)
~B.I.-iKON (Lead Rapper, Producer)
There are probably tons more but these are the ones that come to mind.
I have no clue if this is just a coincidence or if rappers just have some kind of quality that makes them great leaders?

This is all for now...but there will be more.
About your last point, you're right, but I wanna say that I've noticed how some leaders are main or lead vocalists as well. A few examples would be:

-Donghyun (Boyfriend) - Lead Vocalist
-Taeyeon (SNSD) - Main Vocalist
-Jihyo (Twice) - Main Vocalist
-Heejin (Good Day) - Main Vocalist
-Kun (WayV/NCT) - I'm not entirely sure if he's main or lead but he's definitely part of the vocal-line
-Solji (EXID) - Main Vocalist (apparently, 'cause I don't follow them)
-Hyeyeon (Bestie) - Main Vocalist (I never really followed them either but I always thought she was lead vocalist when listening to their songs)

Honestly though, a lot of leaders get main/lead positions and it makes sense too. Idk I think a lot of leaders just happen to be like excellent in vocals, rap, or dance.

Edit: I forgot about Suyeon of Weki Meki (Main) and Daeyeol of Golden Child (Lead) but yeah them too

Second edit: I realized that this thread was started a long time ago, so feel free to ignore this if someone else has said something similar already

Last edited:

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
Really? I don't know any trusty sites to use- What's the truth? *i'm sorry, i don't know*
TW/Sexual Content/Bullying/Drinking
So basically a couple of months ago all this info was revealed. None of it was 100% confirmed, but the way w00jin reacted to it makes him look anything but innocent.
First a twitter user accused him of sexually assaulting her at a bar. After that several other users made similar claims.
He released a statement basically calling the accusations stupid for a sentence and then talked about his 'solo debut' for a whole paragraph.
Then he was accused of basically terrorizing the other SKZ members. He bullied several of them, especially I.N and Felix. There were physical fights between him and some of the other members. I think specifically Lee Know. And he let Bang Chan take all the blame for his departure. This all came from a JYPE insider, but it hasn't been completely proven accurate. But like the first one, w00jin never did anything to claim his innocence.
There are a bunch of other claims of things he did like going to bars and getting black out drunk. Which caused him to get into bar fights.
Instead of refuting all this he decided to tout his 'solo debut'. He said he is under a new company. Then to prove it, it looks like he set up an SNS for the company and made a website. What makes the website obviously fake is that he used stock images on the website. Nothing original.
Anyways, he wouldn't be able to get into any kind of entertainment company after being kicked out of JYPE. He would have been black balled from the industry, making it impossible for him to sign anywhere else.

But yeah this is just a basic summary of the accusations. Again, they were never proven true or false. However, because of w00jin's reaction, many assume that he is guilty of at least some of these actions.

HeroHaikyu

Kpop Expert
Website
herohaikyu.carrd.co
Credits
Mint Chocolate Ice Cream
Green Tea
I
TW/Sexual Content/Bullying/Drinking
So basically a couple of months ago all this info was revealed. None of it was 100% confirmed, but the way w00jin reacted to it makes him look anything but innocent.
First a twitter user accused him of sexually assaulting her at a bar. After that several other users made similar claims.
He released a statement basically calling the accusations stupid for a sentence and then talked about his 'solo debut' for a whole paragraph.
Then he was accused of basically terrorizing the other SKZ members. He bullied several of them, especially I.N and Felix. There were physical fights between him and some of the other members. I think specifically Lee Know. And he let Bang Chan take all the blame for his departure. This all came from a JYPE insider, but it hasn't been completely proven accurate. But like the first one, w00jin never did anything to claim his innocence.
There are a bunch of other claims of things he did like going to bars and getting black out drunk. Which caused him to get into bar fights.
Instead of refuting all this he decided to tout his 'solo debut'. He said he is under a new company. Then to prove it, it looks like he set up an SNS for the company and made a website. What makes the website obviously fake is that he used stock images on the website. Nothing original.
Anyways, he wouldn't be able to get into any kind of entertainment company after being kicked out of JYPE. He would have been black balled from the industry, making it impossible for him to sign anywhere else.

But yeah this is just a basic summary of the accusations. Again, they were never proven true or false. However, because of w00jin's reaction, many assume that he is guilty of at least some of these actions.
I- That was MUCH longer than I expected-
I don't hate him because I've heard his innocence was proven, but still those can be lies. I don't know who to trust anymore ;-;

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
I

I- That was MUCH longer than I expected-
I don't hate him because I've heard his innocence was proven, but still those can be lies. I don't know who to trust anymore ;-;
I'm not sure if his innocence was actually proven. I know his company is claiming to be real...but idk I won't believe it until I see a press conference. It is all very suspicious. I'll never think of him in a kind way regardless.

HeroHaikyu

Kpop Expert
Website
herohaikyu.carrd.co
Credits
Mint Chocolate Ice Cream
Green Tea
I'm not sure if his innocence was actually proven. I know his company is claiming to be real...but idk I won't believe it until I see a press conference. It is all very suspicious. I'll never think of him in a kind way regardless.
Yeah, I understand that and that's half of myself, but the other half of me has forgiven him. I forgive too easily...

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
62. The Similarities Between Oh My Girl and ONF
After ONF got their first win (yay), I found myself connecting several aspects of the group to their seniors, Oh My Girl.
If you didn't know, Oh My Girl and ONF come from the same company, WM Entertainment.
Sometimes I believe companies intentionally make groups similar in some aspect, but there are other similarities.
Below is a list of a bunch of coincidences I found.
1. Name starts with the same letter.
This is probably just a coincidence. But I have noticed some companies tend to have the groups use the same letter. For example: Verivery and Vixx. I think that Jellyfish could have done this as a way to I guess give luck to Verivery in being successful. But when ONF debuted, Oh My Girl hadn't even gotten their first break out win with "Secret Garden". So I doubt this is the case here.
2. They both got their first win 3+ years after debut
Oh My Girl debuted in 2015 and got their first win in 2018.
ONF debuted in 2017 and got their first win in 2021.
I find this similar gap interesting.
3. The Leader/One of the Leaders is Main Vocalist
Hyojung and Hyojin are both Main Vocalists of their group.
4. Main Vocals have similar names
As shown before, Hyojung and Hyojin both start with the same 3 letters.
5. Maknaes born in the same year
All though they debuted years apart, Arin and U/Laun were born in the same year (1999).
6. Oldest born in the same year
Same thing as above, but now it's Hyojung, Hyojin, and E-Tion being born in 1994.
7. Both groups lost a member
JinE departed from Oh My Girl due to her struggles with and ED and Laun left ONF for personal reasons.
8. Both competed on Queendom/Road to Kingdom and ranked second
Both groups competed on this show and ranked second in the final.
9. They both have a well known rapper
I know that multiple members of ONF rap and Oh My Girl members have as well, but you can't not admit that their main rappers are the identifiable ones. They both have a really excellent tone and you can easily pick out in a song. If you were to ask who the rapper of Oh My Girl is, most would say Mimi. If you were to ask who the rapper of ONF is, most would say Wyatt.
10. Early formed subunits
Usually companies wait several years before forming a subunit. For example Red Velvet debuted in 2014 and didn't create a subunit until 2020. ONF debuted with existing subunits and Oh My Girl formed their subunit Oh My Girl Banahana the same year they got their first win.
11. Both groups are on the shorter side
If we were to look at other idol groups heights, Oh My Girl and ONF would be well below average (not a bad thing).
Oh My Girl's shortest member=Hyojung (158 cm)
Oh My Girl's tallest member=Jiho (166 cm)
ONF's tallest member=MK (178 cm)
ONF's shortest member=U (170 cm)
Sure 178 cm and 166 cm are about average height/tallish, but the rest of the members, especially ONF are a lot shorter than the tallest.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyways, there are probably more similarities as I don't know a whole lot about either group, especially ONF.
But this was been in my brain for a while and I figured I should just empty it out here.
Also, saying that groups is similar is not a bad thing. I have no ill intention pointing out similarities in both groups.

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
63. Random Coincidences in Kpop I Just Thought of
1. Both Enhypen title tracks are two words with a hyphen in between
-"Given-Taken" and "Drunk-Dazed"
2. All male Big Hit leaders have dimples
-RM (BTS), S.Coups (Seventeen), JR (Nu'est), Soobin (TXT), and Jungwon (Enhypen)
3. SM Main Vocals seem to be on the shorter side?
Wendy (Red Velvet), Chen, D.O, Baekhyun (EXO), Luna (f(x)), Ryeowook (Super Junior), Taeyeon (SNSD), Taeil, Haechan, Renjun, Xiaojun, Ten (NCT), NingNing (aespa)

HeroHaikyu

Kpop Expert
Website
herohaikyu.carrd.co
Credits
Mint Chocolate Ice Cream
Green Tea
63. Random Coincidences in Kpop I Just Thought of
1. Both Enhypen title tracks are two words with a hyphen in between
-"Given-Taken" and "Drunk-Dazed"
2. All male Big Hit leaders have dimples
-RM (BTS), S.Coups (Seventeen), JR (Nu'est), Soobin (TXT), and Jungwon (Enhypen)
3. SM Main Vocals seem to be on the shorter side?
Wendy (Red Velvet), Chen, D.O, Baekhyun (EXO), Luna (f(x)), Ryeowook (Super Junior), Taeyeon (SNSD), Taeil, Haechan, Renjun, Xiaojun, Ten (NCT), NingNing (aespa)
...wait that’s really interesting coincidences-