Many K-pop fans want to become an Idol, anyone know why?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Mumi

Kpop Rookie
Credits
Dohyun
Dongpyo
Personally I want to become and Idol because I love performing and I want to make music that makes people feel better.
Yet I know its horribly irresponsible and risky to chase that dream so I'm following the path to eventually become a biochemist.
But some fans seem to genuinely believe they can make it in the industry, does anyone know why so many fans have that blind dream?
(I dont mean to sound rude)

Yifan

Maknae
Credits
Yuta
Jisung
YangYang
Doyoung
I like to play games on shows like them... and idols know how to be funny more than a lot of people in real life... If I become an idol I think I'll have more interesting friends... That's the only reason I want to become an idol. But in reality, I don't want to be an idol at all... I'm ok with become a manager or the owner of an entertainment company or a staff member... but not an idol.. I don't even want to get married to an idol. I want them only as friends...

Noona

Kpop Rookie
Credits
Saerom
Hyewon
You can still become an entertainer without necessarily becoming an idol, it doesnt have to be ab all or nothing cause.

A lot of ifans want to become idols but at the same time they hiss at any non-asian foreigners trying to get into kpop, especially if you're white. kpop fans are so anti-white lol.It also seems that kfans look down on idols form SEA often, so overall it just seems like a burden that isnt worth it.

On top of that, you arent guaranteed a debut, and if you do debut you arent guaranteed success. You lose out on sleep, have to watch your manners, get a lot of online hate, have to stick to a concept that you dont like or maybe doesnt suit you well, and you wont really get paid...

If you like performing I do suggest doing YT song and dance covers? There are a lot of dance crews around the world that do amazing covers and get a lot of love from fans, plus its more in your control.

Mumi

Kpop Rookie
Credits
Dohyun
Dongpyo
You can still become an entertainer without necessarily becoming an idol, it doesnt have to be ab all or nothing cause.

A lot of ifans want to become idols but at the same time they hiss at any non-asian foreigners trying to get into kpop, especially if you're white. kpop fans are so anti-white lol.It also seems that kfans look down on idols form SEA often, so overall it just seems like a burden that isnt worth it.

On top of that, you arent guaranteed a debut, and if you do debut you arent guaranteed success. You lose out on sleep, have to watch your manners, get a lot of online hate, have to stick to a concept that you dont like or maybe doesnt suit you well, and you wont really get paid...

If you like performing I do suggest doing YT song and dance covers? There are a lot of dance crews around the world that do amazing covers and get a lot of love from fans, plus its more in your control.

Yeah most of those reasons are why I choose not to be an idol or an entertainer, in europe or america the chances are lower aswell.
I'm just a performer not even as a job really, just in a dance crew.
edit: Also I agree kpop fans are really anti-white which is yet another reason to not try be an idol if you're foreign I mean, look at what happened with LANA

Noona

Kpop Rookie
Credits
Saerom
Hyewon
Yeah most of those reasons are why I choose not to be an idol or an entertainer, in europe or america the chances are lower aswell.
I'm just a performer not even as a job really, just in a dance crew.
edit: Also I agree kpop fans are really anti-white which is yet another reason to not try be an idol if you're foreign I mean, look at what happened with LANA

I saw some people get mad at the whole UHSN show for being too white but the show wasn't for ifans to enjoy it was for koreans. A lot of those girls just fit the korean standard of beauty and ifans were mad. lol. Lana's song was bad, but I think she is a gorgeous girl and people need to stop bringing western social politics into kpop, like nobody got into kpop for ppl to cry about identity politics zzz.

Anyways, whatever is in your future I hope you can find happiness :) and are still able to enjoy kpop no matter what

Mumi

Kpop Rookie
Credits
Dohyun
Dongpyo
I saw some people get mad at the whole UHSN show for being too white but the show wasn't for ifans to enjoy it was for koreans. A lot of those girls just fit the korean standard of beauty and ifans were mad. lol. Lana's song was bad, but I think she is a gorgeous girl and people need to stop bringing western social politics into kpop, like nobody got into kpop for ppl to cry about identity politics zzz.

Anyways, whatever is in your future I hope you can find happiness :) and are still able to enjoy kpop no matter what
Same to you, I wish you a bright and happy future ☺
P.s. (again) I still cant believe that people threw around the rumour that Lana got plastic surgery to look more korean, politics squeezes its way into everything good I swear lol

stanloona

CEO
Website
caijklm.carrd.co
Credits
Sakuma Ritsu
LOONA
Orbit Crown
It seems as if there is activities and such you get to do as an idol while in the western world all you do is make music, perform it, get interviewed. With kpop theres so much the idols do to keep fans entertained which i can see why the idol life is better but its extremely hard work.

Xave

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Chaeyoung
Jiheon
Roa
Jisun
I can't imagine being an idol but it could be cool to be a manager/assistant for my favorite group/artist

Credits
Y
Seungmin
Jeong Sewoon
I always imagine of becoming an idol just because i always like the idea of making music and performing, but in reality i’m never wanting to become one because it’ll be one of the scariest things that i ever have i guess.. 😬

lovehyejoo

Kpop Amateur
Credits
i think it's because many fans love attention and want to be just like their idols, not unlike how when we were little, we wanted to follow in our parent's footsteps. but they only see the achievements, like having millions of fans and being able to become friends with other idols, and not the hard journey. and even if they don't, they've probably underestimated how hard the training is and how hard being on the receiving end of hate would be ://

Credits
Mingi
Lee Know
Hongjoong
Yeosang
Multiple reasons!!
1. Love for music and dance and wants to pursue their dream
2. Love for attention and want to feel the feeling of being on stage
3. Wants to be with idols (Extremely likely for quite a few)... Pretty sure this is self-explanatory
4. Interested with the job and wanted to try it out
5. Somehow in their to-do list (Very unlikely but not impossible XDD)
6. Why not?

Yifan

Maknae
Credits
Yuta
Jisung
YangYang
Doyoung
Multiple reasons!!
1. Love for music and dance and wants to pursue their dream
2. Love for attention and want to feel the feeling of being on stage
3. Wants to be with idols (Extremely likely for quite a few)... Pretty sure this is self-explanatory
4. Interested with the job and wanted to try it out
5. Somehow in their to-do list (Very unlikely but not impossible XDD)
6. Why not?
There are more
*). To show people that they are capable.
*). Be in a high position with power (Power of fans) and feel like they are powerful
*). Having everybody loves them (won't happen this though)
*). Expectation of people who didn't like them before will like them
*). If you become successful, you'll be rich
etc...

Yifan

Maknae
Credits
Yuta
Jisung
YangYang
Doyoung
What if I use the internet only for watching movies and listening to music?
Still won't be... I know from experience... And you're gonna need a good money making method. If you have Internet, there are other things you're gonna like...

Yifan

Maknae
Credits
Yuta
Jisung
YangYang
Doyoung
Oh then forget internet.
Living in a Treehouse amidst nature will be so peaceful and healthy.
That will be a dream life for me... But I have to take care of other people too... so, not possible for me 😕
but I wish you good luck! :)