J-Hope - Chicken Noodle Soup (ft. Becky G) MV

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Credits
Y
Seungmin
Jeong Sewoon
This song is actually pretty interesting and very funny at the same time 😂😂 the ‘chicken noodle soup, chicken noodle soup chicken noodle soup wit a soda on the side’ part is pretty catchy, and the dance is pretty interesting also but hilarious👌

Credits
Y
Seungmin
Jeong Sewoon
J-Hope is now under fire for cultural appropriation in this MV after it’s been released!!

The music video has been raising concerns regarding J-Hope appropriating black culture. As you can see in the MV, it is most likely due to the hairstyle that he’s wearing in that MV.

However, some fans defended J-Hope by pointing out that is hair is made to be gelled, and that it is not styled into actual dreadlocks. An example of this is this tweet right here, with pictures being shown to prove that his hair is actually gelled
A89DDCFE-5E61-458A-97F1-D1A5BAA93C1F.jpeg

But others however have begin to attack J-Hope’s defenders, and even J-Hope saying that he needs to be educated on the matter of cultural appropriation.
5129AD35-FF34-4506-8B76-01EC08144FE4.jpeg72D3D5BB-1EE8-4FC5-87DE-20455834F9C3.jpeg91476CD7-39D1-4E00-ADD2-1575FB31D300.jpegBABA9804-A43C-4253-AE4F-B7A097D3C9CE.jpeg0CE504D7-938F-4C46-AF2E-4D950AAA3213.jpeg22D933DA-50A5-4535-B97D-414F97B5FCB2.jpeg9ADF1D19-F8AC-4AD2-AB2F-CBFE5BEEC552.jpeg

However, others (many fans) on the other hand for bringing the original “chicken noodle soup” back while it represents the multicultural POC
3D3A8D25-653C-4BDC-B01C-EF599A359090.jpeg

Credits
Y
Seungmin
Jeong Sewoon
BTS’s J-Hope Is The Second Korean Solo Artist Besides PSY To Achieve This Record

And recently, this single has now reached the #1 spot on the US’s iTunes Songs Chart, which makes J-Hope to now become the second Korean Solo artist besides PSY’s “Gangnam Style” to do so!

Congratulations to our hobi sunshine for achieving this!! 😍🏆🏆

I hate how some people criticize. What about when they since Despacito and they don't know a single word. BUT NO! They try to come for Kpop Idols talking about racism. FIX YOURSELF AND THEN CHECK WHAT THE OTHERS ARE DOING!
I’m sorry, I don’t really get it.. What does not knowing a word from despacito have to do with the racism though, if you don’t mind me asking? :)

XionMinho

Face of The Group
Website
mmt.fans
Credits
Bang Chan
Jaemin
Doyoung
Seungmin
I agree with the fact that we can't only bash certain idols for their hair, but I don't really get how wearing hair a certain style is really all that offensive to people? Like I just don't really get the line between cultural appreciation and appropriation. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't really think any one culture should be able to own a style of hair or clothing or whatever. I mean, if we're going to do this, we may as well bash any idol for bleaching their hair blonde bc it's "appropriating white culture" or whatever. Make it make sense

ThoseGoodOldDreams

Maknae
Credits
Yoohyeon
JiU
Suran
Soyeon
I don't fully understand people saying JHope is culturally appropriating his hair, but I will admit that I don't really know much about blavk hairstyles in general. Didn't he have the same hairstyle in Mic Drop? What was the reaction then?

piscesigh

Maknae
Website
twitter.com
Credits
Wooseok
Dean
Woodz
Jungwoo
When it comes down to cultural appropriation, there are many factors that come into play. People isn't really mad that an idol is wearing a hairstyle that usually they tend to use, but rather the difference in response that provokes in general audience: black people were constantly bashed and discriminated because of those hairstyles (lets not mention that those kind of hairstyles aren't just for fashion but specially because they adapt to the genetics of black people, other races can get their hair damaged or even lose it with these styles), but when a white person (or in this case, an idol) wears them, everyone considers them "trendy" and "just a hairstyle".
I'm not black but I have listened to this thing going on. It's not about the clothing, the hairstyles or whatever, is about how y'all react when a person from that culture wears it and how y'all react when your faves are wearing it.

If we made no difference, I guess everyone would be okay with that!

piscesigh

Maknae
Website
twitter.com
Credits
Wooseok
Dean
Woodz
Jungwoo
On another note, I liked the chorus of the song and the choreo. When it comes to the lyrics... I didn't like them at all, not his nor Becky G (I understand Spanish and have listened to her other songs and she could've done so much better... I wonder if she was limited by BH?) but hey, people will overhype it anyway lmao

Credits
Y
Seungmin
Jeong Sewoon
When it comes down to cultural appropriation, there are many factors that come into play. People isn't really mad that an idol is wearing a hairstyle that usually they tend to use, but rather the difference in response that provokes in general audience: black people were constantly bashed and discriminated because of those hairstyles (lets not mention that those kind of hairstyles aren't just for fashion but specially because they adapt to the genetics of black people, other races can get their hair damaged or even lose it with these styles), but when a white person (or in this case, an idol) wears them, everyone considers them "trendy" and "just a hairstyle".
I'm not black but I have listened to this thing going on. It's not about the clothing, the hairstyles or whatever, is about how y'all react when a person from that culture wears it and how y'all react when your faves are wearing it.

If we made no difference, I guess everyone would be okay with that!
Really well said!!👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Credits
Y
Seungmin
Jeong Sewoon
A list of records J-Hope’s “Chicken Noodle Soup” has broken so far

1. Most-streamed track on Spotify by a Korean soloist during its first day along with PSY’s “Gangnam Style”
  2. Most-viewed music video in its first 24 hours(21.7 million views)
  3. Most-viewed music video in 24 hours by a K-Pop Soloist since PSY’s “Gentleman”
  4. First Korean soloist to chart at #1 in the United Kingdom
  5. Korean soloist with the most #1 songs on iTunes(J-Hope had a total of 71 #1s on iTunes during the day of “Chicken Noodle Soup’s” release.)
  6. In 64 hours and 6 minutes, “Chicken Noodle Soup” MV surpassed 40M views on YouTube

momoland._.jooe

Kpop Groupie
Credits
DK
Choerry
Hongjoong
I agree with the fact that we can't only bash certain idols for their hair, but I don't really get how wearing hair a certain style is really all that offensive to people? Like I just don't really get the line between cultural appreciation and appropriation. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't really think any one culture should be able to own a style of hair or clothing or whatever. I mean, if we're going to do this, we may as well bash any idol for bleaching their hair blonde bc it's "appropriating white culture" or whatever. Make it make sense
When I read the post a couple of days ago, I just couldn't. It breaks my heart that things that are supposed to bring us closer and tearing us apart. No race, nationality, person, or country owns hair, clothing, religion, or food. Race, nationality, or religion shouldn't determine what's ours and what's not. A race can't own a hairstyle. A nationality can't own food. A country can't own religion. I hope people understand what I'm trying to say:)

VDabbadoo

Kpop Rookie
Credits
This j-hope hair thing reminds me of Bang Chan's hair controversy. I just wonder, why do people complain about others having black hairstyles when they themselves may not even be black?