Hwasa under fire for wearing a Durag in Queendom’s most recent episode

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

piscesigh

Maknae
Website
twitter.com
Credits
Wooseok
Dean
Woodz
Jungwoo
I feel like the blame is on the stylists, they should keep up with what clothing causes controversy, specially if it's related to culture stuff.
The problem itself isn't the piece of cloth, but rather how different races are treated basing on it. It's a really sensitive topic and since I'm simply latin american can't really state an opinion on this because it doesn't affect me directly, but everyone should be able to have their own voice...

Jessy_Kim_Off

Face of The Group
Credits
Xiao Jun
Hongseok
YangYang
Jacob
HATERS GON HATE, PLAYERS GON PLAY, LIVE YOUR OWN LIFE AND FIX YOUR PROBLEMS AND LET OTHER LIVE THEIRS- RM- BTS & TAMMY KIM- DOTM!

mashikyukyu

Maknae
Website
www.pinterest.ch
Credits
Dowoon
Seunghun
New
Woong
okay but someone give me a little push into what a durag is for or what culture its from ??

netizens need to stop putting the idols under all this pressure for something they have no control over
go for their stylists. or mnet. leave the idols alone, yall rlly have nothing to do 😑
i suggest all these companies educate their stylists on knowing the difference between appreciating a cultures fashion vs. using it in a way that is "crossing the line"

loonatheworld !

ପ(๑•ᴗ•๑)ଓ chuu's guardian angel ♡
Credits
Pink Rose
Pink Bear Plush
✧ Weeekly ✧
Jeewon
honestly queen hwasa has been getting a lottt of hate for what seems like everything she is wearing now and it’s not her fault, the stylist chooses what she wears most of the time 😑 netizens are just getting more and more annoying as the time passes

An Okay Rock

Unreal
Staff member
Website
storyofarock.carrd.co
Credits
Maple Syrup
Heart Cookies
Heart Jewel
Mint Chocolate Ice Cream
Bro what the hell? Where I live, just about every other guy wears one. Literally, no one cares when the whitest kid comes in wearing one at school. Maybe some people find it offensive but really I dont think most people even care all that much...I mean what do I know about this? Although it does make her look more like a pirate than anything else

Credits
Y
Seungmin
Jeong Sewoon
Bro what the hell? Where I live, just about every other guy wears one. Literally, no one cares when the whitest kid comes in wearing one at school. Maybe some people find it offensive but really I dont think most people even care all that much...I mean what do I know about this? Although it does make her look more like a pirate than anything else
It’s basically a cultural appropriation thing that people are bashing her for.

An Okay Rock

Unreal
Staff member
Website
storyofarock.carrd.co
Credits
Maple Syrup
Heart Cookies
Heart Jewel
Mint Chocolate Ice Cream
It’s basically a cultural appropriation thing that people are bashing her for.
Yeah maybe but people pick and choose as to what is appropriation and appreciation and I'm not even sure what the difference is anymore. Besides the world's become a place that's full of cultures blending and I think rather than outright going after someone for doing something that may offend other cultures, it should either be encouraged and people should spread the meaning behind actions that are sensitive to culture in an effort to get us to all understand each other better, or people should give her constructive criticism as to why its inappropriate to use such an aspect of a particular culture. Many things from different societies are so commonly integrated into our lives nowadays that is so weird we're stuck on such particular things. Or maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about, that's likely.

Credits
Y
Seungmin
Jeong Sewoon
Yeah maybe but people pick and choose as to what is appropriation and appreciation and I'm not even sure what the difference is anymore. Besides the world's become a place that's full of cultures blending and I think rather than outright going after someone for doing something that may offend other cultures, it should either be encouraged and people should spread the meaning behind actions that are sensitive to culture in an effort to get us to all understand each other better, or people should give her constructive criticism as to why its inappropriate to use such an aspect of a particular culture. Many things from different societies are so commonly integrated into our lives nowadays that is so weird we're stuck on such particular things. Or maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about, that's likely.
I agree