How did you get into KPop?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

marvella925

Kpop Rookie
Credits
Seungkwan
Hendery
Shownu
Kim Woojin
I’m sorry if this thread already exist but I’m really curious.

My story is kinda weird. A friend of mine talked a lot about BTS before but I barely listened to her because I didn’t really like it. And then I found LankyBox’s Instagram and they make a lot of zero budget version of kpop mvs and when I found their cover of Exo’s Love Shot and I heard that song I was like: omg what is this song it’s amazing... and that was it😅 Deep into kpop, first Exo and then BTS and Monsta X and Stray Kids and so on. What about you?

OppaIsTrash

Kpop Expert
Website
twitter.com
Credits
☆ SEVENTEEN - Rock With You [Ver. D] ☆
Wonho
i sort of fell into kpop in stages.

back in like...2007/2008 i was really into anime, especially inuyasha. one of the ending credit songs for it was performed by BoA (EVery Heart) and i just became obsessed for like almost 2 years with her music. then i lost all her music files on my computer and kinda forgot about kpop.

then a little before around the time Gangnam Style got popular i stumbled on some second gen groups thru a tangled web of youtube recommended videos. Super Junior, SNSD, f(x), SHINee, 2NE1, BIGBANG. didn't get super into them but did listen to a few songs on repeat. off and on i'd hear some new stuff but i didn't consider myself super into it. a friend tried to get me into EXO and BTS but i didn't really bite just yet.

then in oct 2016 i saw BTS's Blood Sweat and Tears. it was practically perfectly engineered to get me hooked. i started off with just BTS and then branched out pretty quickly. this is where i really consider that i got properly into kpop, even though i was aware of it and was listening to it for years at that point.

Credits
Y
Seungmin
Jeong Sewoon
A few years ago i was friends with my acquaintance from school on facebook, and i was looking through her facebook page (yeah i know, pretty weird), and i was going through her ‘likes’ section, there were a lot of these different groups that i have never seen that she included and a lot of the groups seemed to be ‘kpop’ by the looks of it, and one of the groups that she included in her likes section was Apink so I had to look up Apink on Youtube to see if i should get into kpop music as well yea pretty weird 😬 and then as soon as i watched one of their music videos, i even went further to look them up to see if there were any other videos of them that i could watch, and one was an interview whereas the other one was more like their weekly vlog thing. So i got into them afterwards. But then a year later i stopped getting into them and started listening to a few other groups during that year.

Brickerbrack

Kpop Expert
Credits
Dami
Handong
JiU
Siyeon
Beginning of last year (about February). I frequent a miniature painting stream on Twitch, and at that time, one of my fellow regulars started putting Twice's "Like Ooh-Aah" onto the song request playlist. He did this several streams running, and the first two or three times it kinda washed over me. But after a few casual listens, it started getting into my head enough that I decided to bounce over to YouTube to see what else they had to offer...

ONCE_4_EVER

Kpop Rookie
Author
Credits
Mong Mong-ie
Honda Tohru
SuA
Dami
its hilarious i watch lankybox as well.
but my story of getting into kpop started on may 20, 2018 during the 2018 billboard music awards, when bts performed fake love. during the 2017 billboard awards i just didn't seem really into bts (most likely because when psy's gangnam style came out it drove me insane as everyone was basically addicted to it's choreography) anyways back to my story the next day or may 21 i searched up bts and that's when i fell into the kpop hole.

stanloona

CEO
Website
caijklm.carrd.co
Credits
Sakuma Ritsu
LOONA
Orbit Crown
May 2016 was when i was exposed and say my friends background on her ipad was bts got7 and exo but i never really cared to listen to any of it
October 2016 i watched bs&t when it came out since i saw people hyping it up but i thought it was weird i only watched a minute of it i didnt even hear the song
January 2017 (different friend from before) Friend A was trying to get Friend B during STEM to listen to kpop but she kept saying no so she came to me and i said i probably wont like it but she put on gee by snsd and i liked it so that night i listened to it again and fire by bts was recommended so i listened to it and thats when the bts phase happened
October 2017 i started trying to find more groups and i found loona my ults

KevinatorTrainer5

Kpop Fan
Credits
Seoyeon
Yuri
Yena
Hayoung
Back in like August 2017, my spotify recommendations somehow randomly recommended me "As if it's your last" ~ BLACKPINK. So I had a quick listen, and it was at this moment that I knew, I should become a kpop stan :D