Have you ever thought an idol was ugly?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

honeycove

Stan Red Velvet
Credits
Username Change
User Title Change
IM
Jisun
Let’s be honest, a lot of idols are only pretty because of all the makeup they have on. There are some lucky ones who were born with good genes. Then there are some unlucky ones.

I won’t lie and say I haven’t called some idols ugly, look wise I mean, and I guess that makes me a horrible person but oh well.

So, have you guys ever thought an idol was ugly?

You don’t have to list the idol or group, I know a lot of people are sensitive over their faves, and I don’t want anyone to fight. I’m just curious.

piscesigh

Maknae
Website
twitter.com
Credits
Wooseok
Dean
Woodz
Jungwoo
Let’s be honest, a lot of idols are only pretty because of all the makeup they have on. There are some lucky ones who were born with good genes. Then there are some unlucky ones.

I won’t lie and say I haven’t called some idols ugly, look wise I mean, and I guess that makes me a horrible person but oh well.

So, have you guys ever thought an idol was ugly?

You don’t have to list the idol or group, I know a lot of people are sensitive over their faves, and I don’t want anyone to fight. I’m just curious.
Yeah. Mostly when I had just started getting into kpop. After I grew used to their facial features, I never thought "they are ugly" but rather go "they are not my type".
At the same time, I think there are some idols that are considered very handsome according to the Korean beauty standard but I don't find them that much attractive at all...

honeycove

Stan Red Velvet
Credits
Username Change
User Title Change
IM
Jisun
Yeah. Mostly when I had just started getting into kpop. After I grew used to their facial features, I never thought "they are ugly" but rather go "they are not my type".
At the same time, I think there are some idols that are considered very handsome according to the Korean beauty standard but I don't find them that much attractive at all...
I completely agree with that last bit. Like some of the males and even females who are visuals in groups, I don’t see how they could be called the visuals when someone else in the group has better features then them, if that makes sense. Maybe it’s just my picky nature

piscesigh

Maknae
Website
twitter.com
Credits
Wooseok
Dean
Woodz
Jungwoo
I completely agree with that last bit. Like some of the males and even females who are visuals in groups, I don’t see how they could be called the visuals when someone else in the group has better features then them, if that makes sense. Maybe it’s just my picky nature
Completely agree. It's also obviously influenced by our own cultures and what we find attractive as well. For example, I find softer gestures more attractive and I like what society calls "feminine" faces, so sometimes I clash a little with their perspective on some attractive male idols and such.