Han Jisung (StrayKids) racial slur usage. (TW)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

taesshlong

Maknae
Website
luvsickluvr.carrd.co
Credits
Minisode1 : Blue Hour
The Book of Us: The Demon
Intak
VOICE: The Future is Now
2/1/21 EST
A clip of StrayKids' Han has been dug up. This clip is *many* years old, but there as still been no apology.
He was 13 at the time and a trainee, which gives a lot of time to apologize. In the clip, he used a racial slur he is unable to reclaim, and degraded 'fat' people, and a bit more in a rap. [Please notice I am unable to get the clip currently, but I will edit as soon as i get it.]

Please do *not* send hate towards Han Jisung nor Stray Kids. This thread is just for information.

Here, below i will list resources for BLM, BHM, and slurs that are reclaimable and who can reclaim them.
>> https://blacklivesmatter.com/ |||| https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/

>> https://www.africanamericanhistorymonth.gov/ |||| https://www.history.com/topics/black-history/black-history-month

>> (slight tw here since these websites do use these slurs) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reappropriation |||| https://wearyourvoicemag.com/reclaim-racial-slurs/

update; an apology has been sent. (thanks to @Lost_in_the_Dream)

"Hello, I'm Han from Stray Kids.

Firstly, the lyrics I wrote around 2013 when I was 13 have become controversial, and they're causing great concern to fans and many others. It's my fault, and I have no right to explain. I'm truly sorry.

I wrote ignorant lyrics during my immature days because I wanted to rap. I apologize for hurting a lot of people because of the lyrics I wrote without thinking.

Through this incident, I read through the opinions left by many people, looked back on my past lyrics, and thought a lot about them.

I chose to be a singer to express myself through music and empathize with more people, but I'm only ashamed of myself for writing these lyrics in the past.

I know it's not an act that can be forgiven just because I was young, so I'll reflect on myself and repent more.

I'll always cherish the importance of love and support from so many fans at home and abroad, and I'll be a person who stands on the stage with responsibility.

Once again, I sincerely apologize to all the people who've been hurt by my past actions. I'm sorry."

Last edited:

taesshlong

Maknae
Website
luvsickluvr.carrd.co
Credits
Intak
This is my opinion on the matter;
I disagree with it. Yes, he was young, but I am a *year* older than him and I have never used slurs I could not reclaim. I believe he should apologize, or atleast JYPE. I disagree with the people defending him, but it's true that he should not be recieving hate. Nobody should recieve any hate.
As a STAY, I'm disappointed. I hope he apologizes and learns to apologize for mistakes in the future.

L

Love_alize071313

I am very surprised that Jisung would do this, even as a 13 year old. But then again he was only a kid and probably didn't know the severity of the word. He should know now though so I expect an apology from HIM and not Chan, like the incident with Hyunjin because the apology was obviously from Chan. I thoroughly hope Jisung has learned from his actions and apologizes soon.

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
He apologized:

"Hello, I'm Han from Stray Kids.

Firstly, the lyrics I wrote around 2013 when I was 13 have become controversial, and they're causing great concern to fans and many others. It's my fault, and I have no right to explain. I'm truly sorry.

I wrote ignorant lyrics during my immature days because I wanted to rap. I apologize for hurting a lot of people because of the lyrics I wrote without thinking.

Through this incident, I read through the opinions left by many people, looked back on my past lyrics, and thought a lot about them.

I chose to be a singer to express myself through music and empathize with more people, but I'm only ashamed of myself for writing these lyrics in the past.

I know it's not an act that can be forgiven just because I was young, so I'll reflect on myself and repent more.

I'll always cherish the importance of love and support from so many fans at home and abroad, and I'll be a person who stands on the stage with responsibility.

Once again, I sincerely apologize to all the people who've been hurt by my past actions. I'm sorry."

risa❀은혜

Kpop Expert
Website
risasrenjun.carrd.co
Credits
New Jeans
Seungkwan
Caratbong
Kim Man Bong
I am very surprised that Jisung would do this, even as a 13 year old. But then again he was only a kid and probably didn't know the severity of the word. He should know now though so I expect an apology from HIM and not Chan, like the incident with Hyunjin because the apology was obviously from Chan. I thoroughly hope Jisung has learned from his actions and apologizes soon.
What was the incident with Hyunjin?

L

Love_alize071313

What was the incident with Hyunjin?
During their show after Gods Menu was released, when they were trying to make each other laugh, Hyunjin used the make up to enlarge his eyebrows and an afro like wig, and a lip toy that made his lips look huge. People thought he was ignorantly trying to make fun of blacks since the main things racists make fun of them for are their hair, lips, and eyebrows. An apology went out, but it was somewhat obvious to fans that the one who apologized was Chan, since he might've felt like he was the one responsible since he is their leader.

L

Love_alize071313

During their show after Gods Menu was released, when they were trying to make each other laugh, Hyunjin used the make up to enlarge his eyebrows and an afro like wig, and a lip toy that made his lips look huge. People thought he was ignorantly trying to make fun of blacks since the main things racists make fun of them for are their hair, lips, and eyebrows. An apology went out, but it was somewhat obvious to fans that the one who apologized was Chan, since he might've felt like he was the one responsible since he is their leader.
Nothing like that happened since, but that doesn't excuse his actions

L

Love_alize071313

no, i just feel bad bc it wasn't chans fault, hyunjin should've apologized but chan felt as if he were to blame.
Well, considering how Chan knows that what Hyunjin did was wrong he definitely put him through helc for it. Especially since their whole message is to be representable and respect everyone.

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
Well I'm really glad that Jisung apologized. Tbh idk how racism is taught in Korea, so he actually might not have understood the severity of it. Still doesn't make it okay, but I'm glad that he saw that it was bad

lynch.

NOT EVEN GHOSTS ARE THIS EMPTY
Credits
User Title Change
User Title Change
✧ Emo Spongebob ✧
Username Change
might be controversial but here's my stance
I definitely wouldn't judge somebody off of what they did at 13-14 because we all do stupid and ignorant things at that stage in our lives. I'm not excusing him, because I do understand that what he did was wrong and I'm glad he's apologized. I'm also not saying this because I'm a Stay, I'm saying this because as a 13 year old myself, I wouldn't want to be judged off of something I do now and still be judged for it when I'm an adult and I've obviously changed. He's changed and he's grown since that, and him apologizing for those lyrics proves that he has matured and grown from that a lot.

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
might be controversial but here's my stance
I definitely wouldn't judge somebody off of what they did at 13-14 because we all do stupid and ignorant things at that stage in our lives. I'm not excusing him, because I do understand that what he did was wrong and I'm glad he's apologized. I'm also not saying this because I'm a Stay, I'm saying this because as a 13 year old myself, I wouldn't want to be judged off of something I do now and still be judged for it when I'm an adult and I've obviously changed. He's changed and he's grown since that, and him apologizing for those lyrics proves that he has matured and grown from that a lot.
I agree. He was very young and probably didn't understand the gravity of his words. He forgot about it and now that it has been brought back up he understands what he said was wrong. I'm glad he automatically took accountability and it wasn't just JYPE.
I hope he can learn from this situations. and that others too can learn that there are consequences to our actions no matter our age.

saaylhy

🧣
Author
Website
nahidanahida.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Jinx
Levi Ackerman
Kirari Momobami
Well. I don't think Han knew what he was doing at that age, we can be silly at times. But I'm sure he never would have done that in his twenties. He is right to apologize, but fans are not allowed to attack him.

taesshlong

Maknae
Website
luvsickluvr.carrd.co
Credits
Intak
Well. I don't think Han knew what he was doing at that age, we can be silly at times. But I'm sure he never would have done that in his twenties. He is right to apologize, but fans are not allowed to attack him.
i agree, but i'm around his age currently and i've never used slurs i couldn't reclaim. i'm very sure he probably won't be saying it as he got older, even if the clip was not brought up. he has learned from other idol's mistakes and that's good, but he should be responsible for his actions. yes, he was young, but he's still responsible.

saaylhy

🧣
Author
Website
nahidanahida.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Jinx
Levi Ackerman
Kirari Momobami
i agree, but i'm around his age currently and i've never used slurs i couldn't reclaim. i'm very sure he probably won't be saying it as he got older, even if the clip was not brought up. he has learned from other idol's mistakes and that's good, but he should be responsible for his actions. yes, he was young, but he's still responsible.
Everyone's thoughts depend, I agree you will never want to do this, but other people your age can. But hey, I hope the fans don't get too mad about this :/

taesshlong

Maknae
Website
luvsickluvr.carrd.co
Credits
Intak
Everyone's thoughts depend, I agree you will never want to do this, but other people your age can. But hey, I hope the fans don't get too mad about this :/
i was on twitter when it happened, and it was about split. they were either defending him or holding him accountable. i don't think anyone unstanned though, from what i saw. we all just wanted an apology.

Jiminsjams

Kpop Rookie
Just because he said a racial slur doesn't mean people can just go after him like come on half of the people in this world says them and don't get in trouble for it so why is it such a big deal and come on he was 13 like-
I get why people don't like him after that but sending hate is not something you should do and plus people do the Asian eye thing and don't get in trouble for it like celebrities do but when we non celebrities do it it's not a big deal like wtf? why do people have the time to do this when you can do something better with your time
come after me, hate me, dislike me, but I will always choose this way to act towards someone if they think it's a big deal