dumbest thing γou've been ɑsked ɑs ɑ k-pop stɑn

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Tachibugi

Kpop Groupie
Website
mantistachibugi.carrd.co
Credits
Yeosang
Hyunseung
Sato Ryuga
Komagine Kiita
Whenever there is anything Korean (like on TV etc.) my parents ask me "Can you translate that??" as if I magically can speak Korean just from listening to kpop 😭
If anything, I can speak (or rather understand) and read some random Japanese, but that's purely because I've been watching/listening to content in that language for about a decade hghjgh

ᵇᵒʳᵃʰᵃᵉ_ᴮᵀˢ 樂⟭⟬

𝐋𝐎$𝐄𝐑=𝐋𝐎♡𝐄𝐑
Credits
TinyTAN
User Title Change
Nachimbong
Whenever there is anything Korean (like on TV etc.) my parents ask me "Can you translate that??" as if I magically can speak Korean just from listening to kpop 😭
If anything, I can speak (or rather understand) and read some random Japanese, but that's purely because I've been watching/listening to content in that language for about a decade hghjgh

lol that's weird

my parents (when they see ANY asian or hear some kpop bg that's NOT BTS) be like "ahi estan tus chinitos" or "ahi esta tus BTS" which translates to "there's your chinese boys" or "there's your BTS"

altho my mum does correct my dad by saying that they're korean.

but my parents sometimes also do say stuff like that JUST because i've been taking korean lessons

Tachibugi

Kpop Groupie
Website
mantistachibugi.carrd.co
Credits
Yeosang
Hyunseung
Sato Ryuga
Komagine Kiita
lol that's weird

my parents (when they see ANY asian or hear some kpop bg that's NOT BTS) be like "ahi estan tus chinitos" or "ahi esta tus BTS" which translates to "there's your chinese boys" or "there's your BTS"

altho my mum does correct my dad by saying that they're korean.

but my parents sometimes also do say stuff like that JUST because i've been taking korean lessons

Ohh yeah I hear that a lot, both irl and on the internet that people just call every Asian idol-looking person BTS, it's really annoying 😭
Not directly related but this just reminded me of when, a while before I got into kpop, I had a bunch of girls in my class that were really extreme kpop stans, and while that wasn't bad on its own, I'd always see the wildest things in their whatsapp stories. Especially one time they said they were on some museum tour (?) and fangirling about how their guide was Korean 💀
My father is definetly really annoying when anyone puts on kpop, but for my mother, I turned into a fan too, she's definitely a Taemin stan now, the other day I even saw her watch an English subbed version of his insta live when he came back and she isn't even really good at English so I just thought damn that's dedication. dfghkfjg

ᵇᵒʳᵃʰᵃᵉ_ᴮᵀˢ 樂⟭⟬

𝐋𝐎$𝐄𝐑=𝐋𝐎♡𝐄𝐑
Credits
TinyTAN
User Title Change
Nachimbong
Ohh yeah I hear that a lot, both irl and on the internet that people just call every Asian idol-looking person BTS, it's really annoying 😭
Not directly related but this just reminded me of when, a while before I got into kpop, I had a bunch of girls in my class that were really extreme kpop stans, and while that wasn't bad on its own, I'd always see the wildest things in their whatsapp stories. Especially one time they said they were on some museum tour (?) and fangirling about how their guide was Korean 💀
My father is definetly really annoying when anyone puts on kpop, but for my mother, I turned into a fan too, she's definitely a Taemin stan now, the other day I even saw her watch an English subbed version of his insta live when he came back and she isn't even really good at English so I just thought damn that's dedication. dfghkfjg
like ppl be thinking EVERY asian is BTS or that every group is BTS
well damn. i guess we all know/knew a kpop stan who is going harddddd in their delulu phase. that's just on a totally different level like wtf??
my dad is neutral when it comes to k-pop. he even let me play it for a 2hr 30min car ride from bakersfield & back to LA. my mom is def a k-pop fan. mainly an ARMY & STAY. her BTS bias is Jin bcs she's called him pretty the most & says he has a nice voice & "cara bonita" ("beautiful face") . she often whistles BTS songs & she just gets carried away & maybe tries to sing it. she's a STAY bcs she knows their songs & whistles them & she's shown interest in them. plus she accompanied me to go see Stray Kids this past April 2 when they came to LA & she was enjoying it; i know she was

Tachibugi

Kpop Groupie
Website
mantistachibugi.carrd.co
Credits
Yeosang
Hyunseung
Sato Ryuga
Komagine Kiita
like ppl be thinking EVERY asian is BTS or that every group is BTS
well damn. i guess we all know/knew a kpop stan who is going harddddd in their delulu phase. that's just on a totally different level like wtf??
my dad is neutral when it comes to k-pop. he even let me play it for a 2hr 30min car ride from bakersfield & back to LA. my mom is def a k-pop fan. mainly an ARMY & STAY. her BTS bias is Jin bcs she's called him pretty the most & says he has a nice voice & "cara bonita" ("beautiful face") . she often whistles BTS songs & she just gets carried away & maybe tries to sing it. she's a STAY bcs she knows their songs & whistles them & she's shown interest in them. plus she accompanied me to go see Stray Kids this past April 2 when they came to LA & she was enjoying it; i know she was

Ohh that's so cool!! My mother likes Stray Kids too, it was the first band I've shown her bc it was the first one I got into. :]
We all as a family always go to concerts together, although we go to metal concerts not kpop concerts dlfgjgf
Also my mother doesn't really remember most of the band's names, so she gives them nicknames. "The band with the yellow guy" - A.C.E, yellow guy is referencing to Byeongkwan in his yellow outfit she saw me drawing dkfjghg. Then "The band with all the many people", pretty obvious that's NCT I think. Not kpop, but Buck-Tick she always calls Tiktok 😭😭

Rengya_Utoma

Maknae
Credits
Toradora!
Minori Kushieda
Dancing Panda
Winking Face With Tongue
"so are you gay or something?"

I knew they were just joking. Little did they know, they were kind of right, lol. I just responded with "I think you should know at this point if you really think about it". I've never stated exactly whether I'm straight or not to most people irl, I just leave them to figure that out by themselves if they care that much about it.

Rengya_Utoma

Maknae
Credits
Toradora!
Minori Kushieda
Dancing Panda
Winking Face With Tongue
Little do they also know, I'm a gg connoisseur for the most part anyway.
"so are you gay or something?"

I knew they were just joking. Little did they know, they were kind of right, lol. I just responded with "I think you should know at this point if you really think about it". I've never stated exactly whether I'm straight or not to most people irl, I just leave them to figure that out by themselves if they care that much about it.

ᵇᵒʳᵃʰᵃᵉ_ᴮᵀˢ 樂⟭⟬

𝐋𝐎$𝐄𝐑=𝐋𝐎♡𝐄𝐑
Credits
TinyTAN
User Title Change
Nachimbong
“Is he your boyfriend?”
ma’am… he is forty years old
my parents always ask me if the random asian guys we see in public are my boyfriend 😭

nah my parents be like

"there goes your future family"

LIKE JUST BCS I LISTEN TO K-POP THEY TEASE ME IN PUBLIC !!!!!!!
they be saying that rando asain ppl that walk by are my future in-laws

ᵇᵒʳᵃʰᵃᵉ_ᴮᵀˢ 樂⟭⟬

𝐋𝐎$𝐄𝐑=𝐋𝐎♡𝐄𝐑
Credits
TinyTAN
User Title Change
Nachimbong
Ohh that's so cool!! My mother likes Stray Kids too, it was the first band I've shown her bc it was the first one I got into. :]
We all as a family always go to concerts together, although we go to metal concerts not kpop concerts dlfgjgf
Also my mother doesn't really remember most of the band's names, so she gives them nicknames. "The band with the yellow guy" - A.C.E, yellow guy is referencing to Byeongkwan in his yellow outfit she saw me drawing dkfjghg. Then "The band with all the many people", pretty obvious that's NCT I think. Not kpop, but Buck-Tick she always calls Tiktok 😭😭

she surprised me w floor tix & she accompanied me; was very awesome mom & daughter bonding time
damn well it was my 1st concert; my family never goes to concerts together bcs we have younger ones
my mom pretty much only remembers BTS's name. she can't quite remember Stray Kids's name . she pronounces it like "estrei kidz" and im just like "uhm ok"
my mom mainly only remembers BTS tho

Call_MeRover

𝕮𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖒𝖊 𝕽𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗.(𝕹𝖎𝖈𝖐𝖓𝖆𝖒𝖊)
Author
Website
kprofiles.com
Credits
#TWICE
Choco-Cream Ice Cream
Christmas Lollipop
When i'm listening to a Kpop Music video on my tv and my dad walks in hes always asking,"OOH the BTS girls".(because he thinks every kpop group is bts even tho i barely stan them).

He calls the girls just girls,right? But he calls the boys girls just bcuz they wear makeup(HEADS UP-THERE IS SUCH THING AS MALE MAKEUP PAUL!!!)

Or my mom gets the ethnicities messed up.

"Their chinese music is good".
"They're actually Korean"
"Chinese,japanese,Korean same thing. Whats the difference???"
"Mami, they're not the same. Theyare obviously different"
"Mira, shut up. They're all the same. Asian is asian"
*Laughs nervously and is pissed*

mxkenshin

Kpop Fan
Credits
"why do you listen to kpop when you can't even understand what they're saying?" bruh...