Choose Your Own Adventure - Cabin in the Woods (TW: Horror)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

BiasWreck

Consistently Forgetting to Show Up
Author
Credits
Green Tea
Sheep Plush
Karina
Winter
I try to climb out of bed and wake whoever's closest. I need to tell someone about this right away.
You try to climb out of bed but as soon as your feet touch the wooden floor, your knees lock and send you falling back onto the bed. You try to call out Yeonjun's name, as he's to your right, but again you can't speak. You decide to give up and try to go back to sleep. You think to yourself, "I can try to tell them about it tomorrow" so you lay your head back down, close your eyes, and go to sleep.

You wake up to all three of your friends standing around your bed staring down at you. "IT'S ALIVEEEEEEEEEEE" calls Hanchyeol sarcastically.
Yoko sighs, "Chi, you've done that to every single one of us so far... are you going to do that all week?"
"Absolutely, I am."
Yeonjun chuckles. "Hey, you have to get up now. We're about to eat and then go explore the forest."
"Yeah! It seems so fun and creepy, oooh" Yoko has also started laughing at this point.
Hanchyeol helps you stand up and then all four of you head downstairs
You made a simple egg and toast breakfast for everyone, and while you were eating you looked back outside, looking in the direction that you saw the figure walk away.

"Hey... you okay?" Hanchyeol seems concerned for you.
You smile and say "Yeah, I'm fine. I guess I just zoned out. Don't worry!"
Upon hearing this, Hanchyeol seems to calm down.
Yeonjun takes notice of this encounter and decides to change the subject. "Hey, you guys ready to go explore? I hear this land is pretty big in size, so there's a lot to see. There are quite a few trees but that's okay."
Yoko chimes in, "I'm ready!! I've been waiting all morning to go explore but..." she speeds up her speaking and lowers her voice before loudly interrupting herself, "I'm too scared to go alone- What??"
Yeonjun laughs loudly, and then says in a sing-song-like tone, "Ha! Yoko's scared of the forest."
Yoko jokingly punches him in arm and says "No I'm not, I just don't want to get lost. Obviously. Let's just go now, I don't wanna be stuck in this oversized Lincoln logs building all day."
Hanchyeol sighs and stands up, and you decide to follow. "Alright, let's go," they say, starting to open the cabin door. "We've only got a few hours left before the sun starts to set."
At first you don't believe it, but then you look at your watch. It's 4:30PM, you had gotten up way later than you'd expected to...

Despite that, you all set out into the woods and try to familiarize yourself with the grounds. You walk around blindly for a while when you hear buzzing and humming on your right. You turn towards it and see a flashing light pole above what looks to be an old-fashioned generator of some sort. You see a bunch of levers near the bottom but decide not to mess with it. You hear the footsteps of your friends coming up behind you when you hear a loud yelp. You turn around to see Hanchyeol even paler than usual, and wide-eyed, as if they'd just seen a ghost. You follow her eyes and when your eyes fix upon what they saw, you couldn't stop yourself from almost screaming as well. You were standing right next to a large, bloody hook hanging about 6 feet above the ground. Whatever was hung up there would have had no way of getting there... without someone, or something, else to put them there. You feel your throat go dry as you realize how much danger you're truly in. -yc-

ec.li.ps.e

Kpop Stan
Credits
Handong
Siyeon
Gahyeon
SuA
You try to climb out of bed but as soon as your feet touch the wooden floor, your knees lock and send you falling back onto the bed. You try to call out Yeonjun's name, as he's to your right, but again you can't speak. You decide to give up and try to go back to sleep. You think to yourself, "I can try to tell them about it tomorrow" so you lay your head back down, close your eyes, and go to sleep.

You wake up to all three of your friends standing around your bed staring down at you. "IT'S ALIVEEEEEEEEEEE" calls Hanchyeol sarcastically.
Yoko sighs, "Chi, you've done that to every single one of us so far... are you going to do that all week?"
"Absolutely, I am."
Yeonjun chuckles. "Hey, you have to get up now. We're about to eat and then go explore the forest."
"Yeah! It seems so fun and creepy, oooh" Yoko has also started laughing at this point.
Hanchyeol helps you stand up and then all four of you head downstairs
You made a simple egg and toast breakfast for everyone, and while you were eating you looked back outside, looking in the direction that you saw the figure walk away.

"Hey... you okay?" Hanchyeol seems concerned for you.
You smile and say "Yeah, I'm fine. I guess I just zoned out. Don't worry!"
Upon hearing this, Hanchyeol seems to calm down.
Yeonjun takes notice of this encounter and decides to change the subject. "Hey, you guys ready to go explore? I hear this land is pretty big in size, so there's a lot to see. There are quite a few trees but that's okay."
Yoko chimes in, "I'm ready!! I've been waiting all morning to go explore but..." she speeds up her speaking and lowers her voice before loudly interrupting herself, "I'm too scared to go alone- What??"
Yeonjun laughs loudly, and then says in a sing-song-like tone, "Ha! Yoko's scared of the forest."
Yoko jokingly punches him in arm and says "No I'm not, I just don't want to get lost. Obviously. Let's just go now, I don't wanna be stuck in this oversized Lincoln logs building all day."
Hanchyeol sighs and stands up, and you decide to follow. "Alright, let's go," they say, starting to open the cabin door. "We've only got a few hours left before the sun starts to set."
At first you don't believe it, but then you look at your watch. It's 4:30PM, you had gotten up way later than you'd expected to...

Despite that, you all set out into the woods and try to familiarize yourself with the grounds. You walk around blindly for a while when you hear buzzing and humming on your right. You turn towards it and see a flashing light pole above what looks to be an old-fashioned generator of some sort. You see a bunch of levers near the bottom but decide not to mess with it. You hear the footsteps of your friends coming up behind you when you hear a loud yelp. You turn around to see Hanchyeol even paler than usual, and wide-eyed, as if they'd just seen a ghost. You follow her eyes and when your eyes fix upon what they saw, you couldn't stop yourself from almost screaming as well. You were standing right next to a large, bloody hook hanging about 6 feet above the ground. Whatever was hung up there would have had no way of getting there... without someone, or something, else to put them there. You feel your throat go dry as you realize how much danger you're truly in. -yc-

Hanchyeol is the one who noticed the hook, so I go to them and try to tell them what I saw last night. Maybe it's connectd to the hook somehow? Maybe the man in the woods owns the hook? I share my bad feeling about this.

L

Lucifer

Okay first, credit to @ec.li.ps.e for the idea!! I'm a writer lacking motivation and this is just perfect, so thank you! Link to their original thread below ^-^
This story is kind of horror-ish and I'm kind of taking inspiration from the game Dead By Daylight (fun game, I recommend ^-^)
Also this is dumb but if I type "-yc-" it means that it is now your turn to pick what happens next. (yc standing for "you choose") HAVE FUN!!
Just to clarify, you make a choice of what to do with one line or so, and I will continue the story based on your decision until there is another decision to be made.
Ex:
"You see a man standing on the side of the road -yc-"
Replier: "Ask the man what he's doing there."
and from there I will progress the story from that decision

I HAVE DECIDED TO PUT A COMPILATION OF THESE RESPONSES INTO A REAL STORY!!! HERE IS THE LINK TO IT ON WATTPAD: https://www.wattpad.com/story/276653666-cabin-in-the-woods-second-person-horror-story
THANK YOU ALL FOR PARTICIPATING IN THIS SO FAR ^-^

You're driving in the dark with your friend Hanchyeol, whom you've known almost your entire life. They turn to look at you, their short, black hair seeming to forget to follow for a moment. "Hey, are you excited to get there?" They ask. You aren't exactly sure how you feel about it. You were given the address to a cabin in the woods so you and Hanchyeol could spend a week together along with your other friends Yoko, and Yeonjun. You try to turn your focus back to the road when all of a sudden you notice a large figure right in front of the car. You slam on brakes but were too late. The entire car stops and you jerk forward. You step out of the car and see that it was a moose you hit, and it was now heavily injured and dying on the road in front of you. -yc-
I would stay in the car wait for a few minutes reverse. check on the car then closely go to the mosse if their still breathing i'll go and hit the road agian.

BiasWreck

Consistently Forgetting to Show Up
Author
Credits
Green Tea
Sheep Plush
Karina
Winter
Scream as loudly as I can for help.
You start screaming at the top of your lungs but eventually run out of breath to continue. You let your body start to go limp and wait for someone to unhook you.... You remind yourself of something you vaguely remember seeing in the book, that you get sacrificed immediately the third time you get hooked, if that happens at all. Kind of like the "Three strikes, you're out" system.... you make a mental note to yourself. Strike one, if you can get off this hook before you die this time... You look around frantically for someone, anyone. You can feel the aura of each person moving. Someone is running, probably being chased by the killer, who you've nicknamed "The Trapper" because of the bear trap he put down to catch you. Another person is squatted down, moving, probably trying to fix a generator. A third person was making their way over to you with a slight stumble, and soon you realize it's Yoko. She walks on tiptoe closer to you, grabs your waist, then lifts you off the hook. You land on your feet and feel Yoko pressing on your back, pushing you into a low crouch. You feel her covering your wound and bandaging it, and eventually you feel strong enough to stand up and walk away. You find Hanchyeol at a generator and you squat down to help. A 2 second timer pops up next to a lever, and after it leaves an arrow points to a lever, hinting for you to pull it. You process this and reach for the lever, but you were too late and the generator made a loud explosion noise and caused sparks to fly from it. The noise was so loud you knew that the killer would know where you are. He was chasing Yeonjun earlier, so you have no idea how long it will be until the killer arrives. -yc-

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
You start screaming at the top of your lungs but eventually run out of breath to continue. You let your body start to go limp and wait for someone to unhook you.... You remind yourself of something you vaguely remember seeing in the book, that you get sacrificed immediately the third time you get hooked, if that happens at all. Kind of like the "Three strikes, you're out" system.... you make a mental note to yourself. Strike one, if you can get off this hook before you die this time... You look around frantically for someone, anyone. You can feel the aura of each person moving. Someone is running, probably being chased by the killer, who you've nicknamed "The Trapper" because of the bear trap he put down to catch you. Another person is squatted down, moving, probably trying to fix a generator. A third person was making their way over to you with a slight stumble, and soon you realize it's Yoko. She walks on tiptoe closer to you, grabs your waist, then lifts you off the hook. You land on your feet and feel Yoko pressing on your back, pushing you into a low crouch. You feel her covering your wound and bandaging it, and eventually you feel strong enough to stand up and walk away. You find Hanchyeol at a generator and you squat down to help. A 2 second timer pops up next to a lever, and after it leaves an arrow points to a lever, hinting for you to pull it. You process this and reach for the lever, but you were too late and the generator made a loud explosion noise and caused sparks to fly from it. The noise was so loud you knew that the killer would know where you are. He was chasing Yeonjun earlier, so you have no idea how long it will be until the killer arrives. -yc-
We have to stick together! We're all going to be picked off one by one if we continue like this. We need to regroup at the cabin, this plan isn't working.