Choose Your Own Adventure - Cabin in the Woods (TW: Horror)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

BiasWreck

Consistently Forgetting to Show Up
Author
Credits
Green Tea
Sheep Plush
Karina
Winter
Okay first, credit to @ec.li.ps.e for the idea!! I'm a writer lacking motivation and this is just perfect, so thank you! Link to their original thread below ^-^
This story is kind of horror-ish and I'm kind of taking inspiration from the game Dead By Daylight (fun game, I recommend ^-^)
Also this is dumb but if I type "-yc-" it means that it is now your turn to pick what happens next. (yc standing for "you choose") HAVE FUN!!
Just to clarify, you make a choice of what to do with one line or so, and I will continue the story based on your decision until there is another decision to be made.
Ex:
"You see a man standing on the side of the road -yc-"
Replier: "Ask the man what he's doing there."
and from there I will progress the story from that decision

I HAVE DECIDED TO PUT A COMPILATION OF THESE RESPONSES INTO A REAL STORY!!! HERE IS THE LINK TO IT ON WATTPAD: https://www.wattpad.com/story/276653666-cabin-in-the-woods-second-person-horror-story
THANK YOU ALL FOR PARTICIPATING IN THIS SO FAR ^-^

You're driving in the dark with your friend Hanchyeol, whom you've known almost your entire life. They turn to look at you, their short, black hair seeming to forget to follow for a moment. "Hey, are you excited to get there?" They ask. You aren't exactly sure how you feel about it. You were given the address to a cabin in the woods so you and Hanchyeol could spend a week together along with your other friends Yoko, and Yeonjun. You try to turn your focus back to the road when all of a sudden you notice a large figure right in front of the car. You slam on brakes but were too late. The entire car stops and you jerk forward. You step out of the car and see that it was a moose you hit, and it was now heavily injured and dying on the road in front of you. -yc-

Last edited:

BiasWreck

Author
Credits
Green Tea
Sheep Plush
Karina
Winter
i would move closer to see what i hit but with caution

decision: what do you see that causes the main character to scream..?
You step out of the car and see that it was a moose you hit, and it was now heavily injured and dying on the road in front of you.
You scream, and Hanchyeol runs out of the car as well. They scream with you before yelling "What do we do????" -yc-

ec.li.ps.e

Kpop Stan
Credits
Handong
Siyeon
Gahyeon
SuA
Okay first, credit to @ec.li.ps.e for the idea!! I'm a writer lacking motivation and this is just perfect, so thank you! Link to their original thread below ^-^
This story is kind of horror-ish and I'm kind of taking inspiration from the game Dead By Daylight (fun game, I recommend ^-^)
Also this is dumb but if I type "-yc-" it means that it is now your turn to pick what happens next. (yc standing for "you choose") HAVE FUN!!
Just to clarify, you make a choice of what to do with one line or so, and I will continue the story based on your decision until there is another decision to be made.
Ex:

You're driving in the dark with your friend Hanchyeol, whom you've known almost your entire life. They turn to look at you, their short, black hair seeming to forget to follow for a moment. "Hey, are you excited to get there?" They ask. You aren't exactly sure how you feel about it. You were given the address to a cabin in the woods so you and Hanchyeol could spend a week together along with your other friends Yoko, and Yeonjun. You try to turn your focus back to the road when all of a sudden you notice a large figure right in front of the car. You slam on brakes but were too late. The entire car stops and you jerk forward. You step out of the car and see that it was a moose you hit, and it was now heavily injured and dying on the road in front of you. -yc-

Get out of car and investigate, but not without caution.

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
Ex:

Go help the moose!

BiasWreck

Author
Credits
Green Tea
Sheep Plush
Karina
Winter
Get out of car and investigate, but not without caution.
You and Hanchyeol step out of the car and begin to investigate the dying moose, careful to avoid getting too close in the case that it decides to fight back. You can tell that the moose’s leg is broken, and it was clearly suffering. If you left the moose on the side of the road, it would try to move on its leg, harming it more until it dies of hunger soon after. Hanchyeol notices this and looks at you sadly... before pulling out a pocket knife and putting it out of its misery. They hang their head, and say “let’s just go ahead to the cabin. The others are probably waiting for us...” -yc-

BiasWreck

Author
Credits
Green Tea
Sheep Plush
Karina
Winter
Go help the moose!
You attempt to get close enough to the moose to see what’s wrong and help it, but it starts swinging it’s head in self defense. “We can’t help it... I’m getting back in the car.” Hanchyeol says, as they get back into your car. You hear a rustle in a bush beside you and run to join them in the car. You wanted to help the moose but it didn’t seem to want it, so instead you drive past it sadly.

About an hour later you arrive near a huge forest. You meet your other friends Yoko and Yeonjun outside of it. While the two of them and Hanchyeol are hugging like they hadn’t seen each other in years, you grabbed everyone’s bags and prepared for the upcoming week. You rejoined your three friends and all of you followed a long, narrow trail for what seemed like hours before finally arriving at a shabby cabin that was only lit by a few gas lanterns. You seem uneasy about going in, but the others seem extremely excited about it. -yc-

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
You attempt to get close enough to the moose to see what’s wrong and help it, but it starts swinging it’s head in self defense. “We can’t help it... I’m getting back in the car.” Hanchyeol says, as they get back into your car. You hear a rustle in a bush beside you and run to join them in the car. You wanted to help the moose but it didn’t seem to want it, so instead you drive past it sadly.

About an hour later you arrive near a huge forest. You meet your other friends Yoko and Yeonjun outside of it. While the two of them and Hanchyeol are hugging like they hadn’t seen each other in years, you grabbed everyone’s bags and prepared for the upcoming week. You rejoined your three friends and all of you followed a long, narrow trail for what seemed like hours before finally arriving at a shabby cabin that was only lit by a few gas lanterns. You seem uneasy about going in, but the others seem extremely excited about it. -yc-
Pretend to tie your shoes as an excuse to wait outside, while they go in. Say you’ll join them in a minute.

BiasWreck

Author
Credits
Green Tea
Sheep Plush
Karina
Winter
Pretend to tie your shoes as an excuse to wait outside, while they go in. Say you’ll join them in a minute.
You bend over and untie both of your shoes without your friends noticing. “You guys go ahead and put your things inside. I have to tie my shoes.” Your friends grab your bags for you and walk into the cabin, while you finish retying your shoes. You hear a twig snap in the woods behind you, and then another one. Then you hear a shuffle, like someone moving leaves that had fallen. Snap, snap, shuffle. The noises keep getting louder and louder, as if whatever was making them was inching closer. You turn around to see what is happening, just in case it’s dangerous, and see nothing but trees seeming to stretch for miles. Yoko walks out of the cabin and says “Oh, you’re done tying your shoes now! Great, come inside! You’re sharing a room with Yeonjun.”

You walk into the cabin and immediately notice the lack of light. You can tell it was built to rely heavily on natural lighting, which was not a good idea to begin with, considering how the trees block almost all light from seeping through to the ground. There was several gas lanterns lit around to fill the dark spots. The four of you had eaten, so you went upstairs after locating your room to go to sleep. You wake up a few hours later, and upon looking out the window see that it was still dark. What was darker, however, was the figure standing outside of the cabin. It didn’t fit the descriptions of any of your friends, and the figure just stood there, as if watching something inside through the downstairs window at the front. -yc-

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
You bend over and untie both of your shoes without your friends noticing. “You guys go ahead and put your things inside. I have to tie my shoes.” Your friends grab your bags for you and walk into the cabin, while you finish retying your shoes. You hear a twig snap in the woods behind you, and then another one. Then you hear a shuffle, like someone moving leaves that had fallen. Snap, snap, shuffle. The noises keep getting louder and louder, as if whatever was making them was inching closer. You turn around to see what is happening, just in case it’s dangerous, and see nothing but trees seeming to stretch for miles. Yoko walks out of the cabin and says “Oh, you’re done tying your shoes now! Great, come inside! You’re sharing a room with Yeonjun.”

You walk into the cabin and immediately notice the lack of light. You can tell it was built to rely heavily on natural lighting, which was not a good idea to begin with, considering how the trees block almost all light from seeping through to the ground. There was several gas lanterns lit around to fill the dark spots. The four of you had eaten, so you went upstairs after locating your room to go to sleep. You wake up a few hours later, and upon looking out the window see that it was still dark. What was darker, however, was the figure standing outside of the cabin. It didn’t fit the descriptions of any of your friends, and the figure just stood there, as if watching something inside through the downstairs window at the front. -yc-
Take a picture of the figure with your phone, then tell your friends.

BiasWreck

Author
Credits
Green Tea
Sheep Plush
Karina
Winter
Take a picture of the figure with your phone, then tell your friends.
You try to turn and grab your phone, but you can’t move. You can move your head and neck, but that’s it. Your arms are pinned to your side, not by bounds but by your own brain. You can’t move at all. Suddenly the figure seems to notice that someone saw it. It slowly turns to look up at you and it stares at you for a minute and a half before slowly turning around and walking away into the nothingness of trees in these woods. -yc-

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
You try to turn and grab your phone, but you can’t move. You can move your head and neck, but that’s it. Your arms are pinned to your side, not by bounds but by your own brain. You can’t move at all. Suddenly the figure seems to notice that someone saw it. It slowly turns to look up at you and it stares at you for a minute and a half before slowly turning around and walking away into the nothingness of trees in these woods. -yc-
Don’t tell your friends, they wouldn’t believe you. Resolve to keep an eye out for anything else strange.

BiasWreck

Author
Credits
Green Tea
Sheep Plush
Karina
Winter
Don’t tell your friends, they wouldn’t believe you. Resolve to keep an eye out for anything else strange.
You go back to sleep and try to avoid thinking about the events that just took place. You wake up again to Yeonjun hovering over you. "Why aren't you up yet?? It's almost noon." You apologize and quickly get to your feet, glancing out the window for a moment. You and Yeonjun go downstairs and meet your other friends Yoko and Hanchyeol for breakfast, or lunch, considering the time of day. Once everyone finishes eating, Yoko clears her throat. "I think we should explore the woods. We're all here for a week, so we might as well get to know our surroundings." Hanchyeol takes a deep breath in. They stand up and say "I was going to object, but I actually think we should explore. It'll be fun!" Yeonjun seems skeptical but he, too, eventually agrees.

A few hours later the four of you set out into the woods together. You step out of the cabin and notice that the trail you came here on isn't there anymore. You assume it probably got leaves blown over it or something. The four of you walk around and find berries, bushes, small creatures, and even crows. You were enjoying it until you hear Yeonjun call "Hey guys?? I think I found something..."

You run over to see what it was that he found when you hear a slight buzz. You look over and see a generator of some sort... it's broken, like it's been destroyed by something... or someone. You continue to go see what it is Yeonjun found, and your entire thought process stops when you realize it's a giant, bloody standing hook. It looks like something really bad happened here... -yc-

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
You go back to sleep and try to avoid thinking about the events that just took place. You wake up again to Yeonjun hovering over you. "Why aren't you up yet?? It's almost noon." You apologize and quickly get to your feet, glancing out the window for a moment. You and Yeonjun go downstairs and meet your other friends Yoko and Hanchyeol for breakfast, or lunch, considering the time of day. Once everyone finishes eating, Yoko clears her throat. "I think we should explore the woods. We're all here for a week, so we might as well get to know our surroundings." Hanchyeol takes a deep breath in. They stand up and say "I was going to object, but I actually think we should explore. It'll be fun!" Yeonjun seems skeptical but he, too, eventually agrees.

A few hours later the four of you set out into the woods together. You step out of the cabin and notice that the trail you came here on isn't there anymore. You assume it probably got leaves blown over it or something. The four of you walk around and find berries, bushes, small creatures, and even crows. You were enjoying it until you hear Yeonjun call "Hey guys?? I think I found something..."

You run over to see what it was that he found when you hear a slight buzz. You look over and see a generator of some sort... it's broken, like it's been destroyed by something... or someone. You continue to go see what it is Yeonjun found, and your entire thought process stops when you realize it's a giant, bloody standing hook. It looks like something really bad happened here... -yc-
Tell them that we should call the police and leave immediately.

ec.li.ps.e

Kpop Stan
Credits
Handong
Siyeon
Gahyeon
SuA
You and Hanchyeol step out of the car and begin to investigate the dying moose, careful to avoid getting too close in the case that it decides to fight back. You can tell that the moose’s leg is broken, and it was clearly suffering. If you left the moose on the side of the road, it would try to move on its leg, harming it more until it dies of hunger soon after. Hanchyeol notices this and looks at you sadly... before pulling out a pocket knife and putting it out of its misery. They hang their head, and say “let’s just go ahead to the cabin. The others are probably waiting for us...” -yc-

Get back in the car. Comment on how I didn't know there were moose around here and ask Hanchyeol to drive.

HeroHaikyu

Kpop Expert
Website
herohaikyu.carrd.co
Credits
Mint Chocolate Ice Cream
Green Tea

Call the police and leave immediately- just get away from there

BiasWreck

Author
Credits
Green Tea
Sheep Plush
Karina
Winter
Tell them that we should call the police and leave immediately.
Call the police and leave immediately- just get away from there
You immediately reach for your phone and begin to dial 911. "911 what's your-" and then the phone hangs up. You lost service, and you can't make any calls. You look at your friends, they look at you, and there is a moment of silence. A realization, maybe, that you're all in danger. Serious danger.

You run in a random direction and find yourself face-to-face with another hook, and another generator. You go somewhere else again, more hooks. Running around, you count 7 generators, and 7 hooks. You eventually reunite with your friends and tell them what the heck you just found.

The four of you continue to walk around looking for an exit, when you realize everything you see around you is blocked in by a wall. Mostly stone walls, but there are wooden fences between them. You show them the generators, and suddenly you remember the figure outside of the cabin last night.

It all starts coming together... The figure, the hooks, all of it. You have to get out of here. But the trail is gone, and you have no idea how the hell to leave. You try your hardest to find the way out, but all you find is an electric power gate that is currently out of power. "Damn it..." you think to yourself. You see that there are 5 small boxes on the left side of the power box.

"Do you have any idea what that's supposed to be for?" Hanchyeol asks. Yeonjun thinks for a second before piping up. "The electricity generators! I'm sure we can repair them, right? I'm guessing that you need 5 generators running in order to get the gate to work?"
"I think that sounds reasonable. We need to get home and figure out how to do this." Yoko says, turning back to the direction of the cabin.

Everyone follows and eventually you all sit down at the table in the cabin. Out of the corner of your eye you see a staircase leading downwards. This place has a basement. You hadn't noticed yesterday because of how tired you were, but now it's all you can think about. -yc- (I had more but it's time you chose your own fate ㅋㅋㅋ)
OIP.KvmAOcgA_3RxgvDCea8N-wAAAA

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
You immediately reach for your phone and begin to dial 911. "911 what's your-" and then the phone hangs up. You lost service, and you can't make any calls. You look at your friends, they look at you, and there is a moment of silence. A realization, maybe, that you're all in danger. Serious danger.

You run in a random direction and find yourself face-to-face with another hook, and another generator. You go somewhere else again, more hooks. Running around, you count 7 generators, and 7 hooks. You eventually reunite with your friends and tell them what the heck you just found.

The four of you continue to walk around looking for an exit, when you realize everything you see around you is blocked in by a wall. Mostly stone walls, but there are wooden fences between them. You show them the generators, and suddenly you remember the figure outside of the cabin last night.

It all starts coming together... The figure, the hooks, all of it. You have to get out of here. But the trail is gone, and you have no idea how the hell to leave. You try your hardest to find the way out, but all you find is an electric power gate that is currently out of power. "Damn it..." you think to yourself. You see that there are 5 small boxes on the left side of the power box.

"Do you have any idea what that's supposed to be for?" Hanchyeol asks. Yeonjun thinks for a second before piping up. "The electricity generators! I'm sure we can repair them, right? I'm guessing that you need 5 generators running in order to get the gate to work?"
"I think that sounds reasonable. We need to get home and figure out how to do this." Yoko says, turning back to the direction of the cabin.

Everyone follows and eventually you all sit down at the table in the cabin. Out of the corner of your eye you see a staircase leading downwards. This place has a basement. You hadn't noticed yesterday because of how tired you were, but now it's all you can think about. -yc- (I had more but it's time you chose your own fate ㅋㅋㅋ)
OIP.KvmAOcgA_3RxgvDCea8N-wAAAA
Suggest we look in the basement, cautiously.

BiasWreck

Author
Credits
Green Tea
Sheep Plush
Karina
Winter
Suggest we look in the basement, cautiously.
"Hey... uh... I think we should look in the cabin's basement..." You say, trying not to stutter through your words too much. Yeonjun looks confused. "Basement?" You point to the staircase in the corner of the room, and the other three seemed to have also just noticed it for the first time.

"Uhm... I think that'd be a good idea. Just see what's down there, yeah?" Yoko says, standing up and slowly inching towards the staircase. Hanchyeol and Yeonjun were not willing to go, so Yoko went downstairs alone. A few seconds go by while she walks down the steps and turns out of sight, when all of a sudden you hear "Oh... my... god..." -yc- (sorry it's taking so long, I keep getting distracted >-<)

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
"Hey... uh... I think we should look in the cabin's basement..." You say, trying not to stutter through your words too much. Yeonjun looks confused. "Basement?" You point to the staircase in the corner of the room, and the other three seemed to have also just noticed it for the first time.

"Uhm... I think that'd be a good idea. Just see what's down there, yeah?" Yoko says, standing up and slowly inching towards the staircase. Hanchyeol and Yeonjun were not willing to go, so Yoko went downstairs alone. A few seconds go by while she walks down the steps and turns out of sight, when all of a sudden you hear "Oh... my... god..." -yc- (sorry it's taking so long, I keep getting distracted >-<)
Suggest that we go down together to see if she's okay.
((nooo you're fine lolsies))