҉  Official Unpopular Kpop Opinions Thread ҉ 

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
Yeaaah. Also JYP just needs to stop clowning. I think they were onto something with the Guess Who album. I can’t remember which YouTuber it was but they said Sneakers felt like a back track because they were moving in a more mature direction and then suddenly went skrt back to what they were doing in 2019. But like, Sneakers wasn’t that positively received outside of midzys. Like I said if they’re doing what they want that’s like what matters, but if they want to stay on top of 4th gen they gotta think what the fans want. They should either continue doing what they did for Guess Who and the bsides of Checkmate (even if I personally didn’t like them other people did!), or do the Loco concept which was still bright and fun but a bit more intense than their other bright songs
i think itzy's biggest enemy is jyp the man, not jyp the company bc even tho he's not the ceo anymore, he still has a lot of pull there. and let's be honest, the songs he writes for twice are amazing - i mean, jyp wrote the lyrics for feel special entirely by himself. yet he's not doing that for itzy. jyp wrote mitm, but he's nowhere to be found on sneakers, which is considered their worst title track by most ppl (imo icy was far worse, but whatever). jyp needs to get in the studio w itzy (and nmixx for that matter) and stay there the way he did for twice

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
i think itzy's biggest enemy is jyp the man, not jyp the company bc even tho he's not the ceo anymore, he still has a lot of pull there. and let's be honest, the songs he writes for twice are amazing - i mean, jyp wrote the lyrics for feel special entirely by himself. yet he's not doing that for itzy. jyp wrote mitm, but he's nowhere to be found on sneakers, which is considered their worst title track by most ppl (imo icy was far worse, but whatever). jyp needs to get in the studio w itzy (and nmixx for that matter) and stay there the way he did for twice
I do think the public is to blame as well. I mean MITM as a concept looking back on it worked SO WELL for ITZY. I mean I literally cannot watch that mv without thinking all 5 of them shone. But everyone gave it so much backlash so no wonder they ditched that concept. I think everyone realised wait a second this badass ITZY vibe is amazing even if they didn’t like the song but JYP already heard “we don’t like it” and tried to replicate their past success.
I AM TRUSTING JYP WITH THIS NEXT SONG. I can’t tell if Blah Blah Blah is the one or not but. ITZY did release both Weapon and Spice this year so not all is lost. If JYP feels good about it my man better not be lying. He’s gotten my hopes up so much. I’d hate to lose my ult group due to not loving their music anymore rather than losing love for the members

Horanghae !

ᵐⁱⁿᵍʰᵃᵒ ^
Credits
Korean Flag
Nachimbong
Sunoo
Okay so the Garam, Soojin, and Hyunjin bullying things we are aware of.
Garam got kicked out. Soojin got kicked out. Hyunjin did not. He went on a hiatus and came back.
Why? I am not saying he should get kicked out no no no no, He is my ult of ults. I just always wonder why they were so fast to kick Garam and Soojin out. Here's what I am thinking they thought, I think they knew how popular he was and how amazing he is that the kpop industry would be devastated if they lost someone like Hyunjin. Being an amazing singer, dancer, and person altogether? Yeah, losing him to the kpop world would not work out.

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
Okay so the Garam, Soojin, and Hyunjin bullying things we are aware of.
Garam got kicked out. Soojin got kicked out. Hyunjin did not. He went on a hiatus and came back.
Why? I am not saying he should get kicked out no no no no, He is my ult of ults. I just always wonder why they were so fast to kick Garam and Soojin out. Here's what I am thinking they thought, I think they knew how popular he was and how amazing he is that the kpop industry would be devastated if they lost someone like Hyunjin. Being an amazing singer, dancer, and person altogether? Yeah, losing him to the kpop world would not work out.
hyunjin got to come back bc he's a man. it's that simple

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
The guy from P1Harmony?
yeah. he's insanely incredibly ridiculously annoying and over the top. i genuinely don't see how ppl think he's funny; he has the humor of your average unfunny gen z high school guy and if i'm being completely honest, if i knew him irl i'd probably be kinda mean to him

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
yeah. he's insanely incredibly ridiculously annoying and over the top. i genuinely don't see how ppl think he's funny; he has the humor of your average unfunny gen z high school guy and if i'm being completely honest, if i knew him irl i'd probably be kinda mean to him
Hm. I do find him funny personally, but everyone has their own opinions about humour and that’s totally okay. There is one thing he has said though which all my friends found funny but I didn’t. I don’t want to say what it is as it’s a bit controversial but it made me uncomfortable and so I am a bit skeptical of him. In one way I think it’s important idols can express themselves how they want to, and not act like robots. Keeho from what I can see is true to himself. On the other hand if you are a public figure you have to be aware of your audience

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
Hm. I do find him funny personally, but everyone has their own opinions about humour and that’s totally okay. There is one thing he has said though which all my friends found funny but I didn’t. I don’t want to say what it is as it’s a bit controversial but it made me uncomfortable and so I am a bit skeptical of him. In one way I think it’s important idols can express themselves how they want to, and not act like robots. Keeho from what I can see is true to himself. On the other hand if you are a public figure you have to be aware of your audience
can i pm what the thing is? idk of anything controversial he's said/done, other than the jimin thing

ignoring

😶
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
Credits
Honestly I feel the same way towards some of the male idols that also act really annoying and over the top imo - but yet people find them funny and cHaOtiC but the way they act or present themselves like that really irks me...😬

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Okay. I got bored. Decided to write down a bunch of 1-ish sentence opinions that I could think of on the spot. Almost none of them have elaboration but if you want me to elaborate ask me and I will.

I tried to start light and get more intense as you go up LMAO
  1. If Ven Para had been released by a girl crush group, it would’ve been much more positively received. Ven Para supremacy
  2. While I’m glad Cherry Bullet returned to their cute concept, I really love Hands Up
  3. Voltage by ITZY was a good comeback for them in terms of concept and how it portrayed the members’ talents. Despite this, I’m not keen on the song
  4. Many bsides which are better than the title track don’t have title track material
  5. I love ballad songs. However if you’re going to release a ballad you need to be a strong vocal group. Don’t sing a ballad for the sake of it
  6. 2022 kpop has been very hit and miss. 90% of the releases have either been an extreme hit or an extreme miss for me
  7. An increasing number of songs have been disliked by me due to having cringe English lyrics
  8. JYPE’s music doesn’t tend to sound good first listen, however it’s extremely addicting and plays over and over in my head until I like it
  9. Starship makes music that is both good and addicting. This is why I stan WJSN and IVE 💞
  10. If you say “girl crush” to me, one of the first songs I will think of is Crazy by 4Minute
  11. And if you say “elegant” it’s La Vie en Rose by IZ*ONE
  12. Even though she’s one of my my least favourite post IZ*ONE artists, I think Yena is absolutely killing it and has the potential to be one of Kpop’s best soloists
  13. Though I doubt they will become as global as BLACKPINK, as things currently stand IVE are going to become the biggest 4th gen group overall, and rival successful groups from previous generations
  14. 4th gen is my favourite generation. I’m not sure if this is because of music quality or the groups, but I’ve been vibing with it more
  15. Groups need to stop debuting with certain concepts if they’re only going to keep them for 2 years and then switch as soon as the majority of members are older
  16. Teen crush should be renamed, as groups who aren’t teens pull the concept off well but having it called “teen crush” feels off
From here I get a bit more brutal 🥲 rip me (the counting restarts sorry about that)
  1. While I feel sad thinking of Buddy and Wiz*one losing their favourite groups, and the members for losing their members, I’m selfishly glad the two disbanded as Yuju, IVE, Jo Yuri, Kwon Eunbi and Le Sserafim are all artists I adore
  2. For some songs I dislike, the problem is the singing and not the song itself
  3. Orbits, MYs and BLINKs have caused me to resent LOONA, aespa and Blackpink and it makes me sad because the groups did nothing wrong
  4. I don’t know why CUBE debuted Soyeon in a group. The only explaination for me is that she actually wanted to be in a group
  5. Almost every BLACKPINK song is spoiled by its chorus for me. I need more As If It’s Your Lasts 😩
  6. Most kpop groups are in fact copying each other. It’s not a big deal that’s just how business works (though ofc straight up plagiarism is wrong)
  7. Most problems kpop stans have with kpop are problems with the entertainment industry and celebrities as a whole, not just kpop
  8. Most 4th gen idols don’t feel like humans due to how perfect kpop has become
  9. Adding onto that, mistakes should be something we can laugh with our idols about, and aren’t a sign of not caring about idols careers
  10. If your idol shows almost no interest and knowledge kpop groups (mostly their seniors) then they’re probably an idol for money and fame and not because they like kpop (there’s nothing wrong with this, but yknow)
  11. Into The New World, I’m The Best and Catallena are all iconic songs that represent kpop for me. However, I dislike all 3 of them (I almost debated not putting this one but I have to speak my truth)
There. None of this is what I intend to be hate. Any artist I named above I want nothing but the best for. Including the groups listed in opinion 2.3, their fans are the problem not the group. But if you do want me to elaborate and by elaborate worship your group until you feel better then feel free

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
Okay. I got bored. Decided to write down a bunch of 1-ish sentence opinions that I could think of on the spot. Almost none of them have elaboration but if you want me to elaborate ask me and I will.

I tried to start light and get more intense as you go up LMAO
  1. If Ven Para had been released by a girl crush group, it would’ve been much more positively received. Ven Para supremacy
  2. While I’m glad Cherry Bullet returned to their cute concept, I really love Hands Up
  3. Voltage by ITZY was a good comeback for them in terms of concept and how it portrayed the members’ talents. Despite this, I’m not keen on the song
  4. Many bsides which are better than the title track don’t have title track material
  5. I love ballad songs. However if you’re going to release a ballad you need to be a strong vocal group. Don’t sing a ballad for the sake of it
  6. 2022 kpop has been very hit and miss. 90% of the releases have either been an extreme hit or an extreme miss for me
  7. An increasing number of songs have been disliked by me due to having cringe English lyrics
  8. JYPE’s music doesn’t tend to sound good first listen, however it’s extremely addicting and plays over and over in my head until I like it
  9. Starship makes music that is both good and addicting. This is why I stan WJSN and IVE 💞
  10. If you say “girl crush” to me, one of the first songs I will think of is Crazy by 4Minute
  11. And if you say “elegant” it’s La Vie en Rose by IZ*ONE
  12. Even though she’s one of my my least favourite post IZ*ONE artists, I think Yena is absolutely killing it and has the potential to be one of Kpop’s best soloists
  13. Though I doubt they will become as global as BLACKPINK, as things currently stand IVE are going to become the biggest 4th gen group overall, and rival successful groups from previous generations
  14. 4th gen is my favourite generation. I’m not sure if this is because of music quality or the groups, but I’ve been vibing with it more
  15. Groups need to stop debuting with certain concepts if they’re only going to keep them for 2 years and then switch as soon as the majority of members are older
  16. Teen crush should be renamed, as groups who aren’t teens pull the concept off well but having it called “teen crush” feels off
From here I get a bit more brutal 🥲 rip me (the counting restarts sorry about that)
  1. While I feel sad thinking of Buddy and Wiz*one losing their favourite groups, and the members for losing their members, I’m selfishly glad the two disbanded as Yuju, IVE, Jo Yuri, Kwon Eunbi and Le Sserafim are all artists I adore
  2. For some songs I dislike, the problem is the singing and not the song itself
  3. Orbits, MYs and BLINKs have caused me to resent LOONA, aespa and Blackpink and it makes me sad because the groups did nothing wrong
  4. I don’t know why CUBE debuted Soyeon in a group. The only explaination for me is that she actually wanted to be in a group
  5. Almost every BLACKPINK song is spoiled by its chorus for me. I need more As If It’s Your Lasts 😩
  6. Most kpop groups are in fact copying each other. It’s not a big deal that’s just how business works (though ofc straight up plagiarism is wrong)
  7. Most problems kpop stans have with kpop are problems with the entertainment industry and celebrities as a whole, not just kpop
  8. Most 4th gen idols don’t feel like humans due to how perfect kpop has become
  9. Adding onto that, mistakes should be something we can laugh with our idols about, and aren’t a sign of not caring about idols careers
  10. If your idol shows almost no interest and knowledge kpop groups (mostly their seniors) then they’re probably an idol for money and fame and not because they like kpop (there’s nothing wrong with this, but yknow)
  11. Into The New World, I’m The Best and Catallena are all iconic songs that represent kpop for me. However, I dislike all 3 of them (I almost debated not putting this one but I have to speak my truth)
There. None of this is what I intend to be hate. Any artist I named above I want nothing but the best for. Including the groups listed in opinion 2.3, their fans are the problem not the group. But if you do want me to elaborate and by elaborate worship your group until you feel better then feel free
More explanation about Soyeon? Do you mean she would be better solo? Because honestly I could see that, her solo songs are good

Horanghae !

ᵐⁱⁿᵍʰᵃᵒ ^
Credits
Korean Flag
Nachimbong
Sunoo
I honestly see dating rumors as a way to spice things up. If there hasn't been any news in a while, I feel like a dating rumor would come around.
Why do kpop idols date just to break up after 3 months??
Background checks should be done, before the group forms.
Leo from trainee a quit, because of his mental health, Which is very very very important, but he was also hated for his misogynistic rap. I think it goes two ways.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
More explanation about Soyeon? Do you mean she would be better solo? Because honestly I could see that, her solo songs are good
Basically yeah. Whenever I hear people talk about Soyeon as an idol it’s to praise her solo work and her solo achievements. She’s an all rounder idol, she’s an amazing song writer and she’s so unique. I’m not a Neverland, and from what I can see she fits into the group well, but at the same time I can’t help but wonder why she’s in a group as I think she would be an extremely successful soloist