҉  Official Unpopular Kpop Opinions Thread ҉ 

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
Agree. If it’s going to be 4 nominations it should be Ive, Le Sserafim, NewJeans and Kep1er and if it’s 6 add NMIXX and Billlie (imo Billlie are doing okay they’re slowly rising thanks to Tsuki).

But if IVE dont win at MAMA I will be scratching my head. All of the listed groups are good for 4th gen groups, but IVE has been not only competing with the other 4th gen groups but against 3rd gen too. They have a high number of wins for a girl group with only 2 songs (and After Like gearing up to take more). I almost never hear anything toxic about IVE as a group (mostly only towards Wonyoung which is awful but is just a symbol of her success). If any of the other groups had debuted another year they would’ve deserved rookie of the year, but unfortunately IVE has come along and named themselves as rookie of the year. Unless this ends up being another Fancy moment 💀
i considered billlie, and while they're doing better now thanks to tsuki and gingamingayo, their debut song was hated by a lot of ppl, and to me roty should have a well loved debut song

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
i considered billlie, and while they're doing better now thanks to tsuki and gingamingayo, their debut song was hated by a lot of ppl, and to me roty should have a well loved debut song
That is fair enough ig, though I still think NMIXX and Billlie don’t deserve to be off the table completely. But yknow, with the other groups that debuted this year they’re less likely. Though with big3 privilege who knows where NMIXX will end up 💀

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
JYP is doing something really wrong at the moment.

All 3 of the following songs I have no problems with. In fact one is my favourite title from the group and another one is one of my favourite songs you decide which is which. But the fact all 3 of the following songs met SO MUCH HATRED on release tells me that just coz I like the songs kpop doesn’t and JYP is walking on thin ice if they want to continue like this:
Thunderous by Stray Kids, O.O by NMIXX and Sneakers by ITZY

Heck even Scientist didn’t get much of a positive reaction, though it wasn’t overwhelmingly negative like the others. What is JYP DOING

Tbf though with big3 privilege what they’re doing is probably laughing at Kpop fans for eating up their music no matter how much they hate it lmao

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina

All 3 of the following songs I have no problems with. In fact one is my favourite title from the group and another one is one of my favourite songs you decide which is which. But the fact all 3 of the following songs met SO MUCH HATRED on release tells me that just coz I like the songs kpop doesn’t and JYP is walking on thin ice if they want to continue like this:

Heck even Scientist didn’t get much of a positive reaction, though it wasn’t overwhelmingly negative like the others. What is JYP DOING

Tbf though with big3 privilege what they’re doing is probably laughing at Kpop fans for eating up their music no matter how much they hate it lmao
Tbh, I was surprised those songs got so much hate. Thunderous is a song that makes hella lot of sense in SKZ's dischography, Scientist is fun and has a pretty melody line, O.O is messy and has weird lyrics but who cares, and Sneakers... well I understand the disappointment.

Btw I guess your fav title is thunderous bc knowing what you said there's no way it's sneakers and nmixx has only one title track if you exclude their songs no one talks about (that don't even count as title tracks)

KPOP_bb-gg_stan

Kpop Fan
Stray Kids Everywhere All Around The World
Website
iheartkpop.carrd.co
Credits
Rainbow Fingerheart

I really liked Thunderous I don't understand what all the hate is about. O.O was messy i agree and they could have done much better for NMIXX. sneakers was just a plain disappointment i mean what was that?

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam

tbf, skz has almost total creative control and jyp wasn't involved in the production of the song. (the song is great tho, i rly love it)

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Yeah to everyone above I love Thunderous and really can’t see anything wrong with it. The others I can sort of see little factors that might turn people off but not Thunderous

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
most kpop vocalist are average to above average at best, just like most singers in the world. they're not as extraordinary as some ppl like to claim
I think this happens because singing while dancing, something that idols do, requires a lot of stamina to perform. But stamina does not equal vocal technique, some idols can be not very good at singing while dancing but have a lot of techniques when it comes to singing only.

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
I think this happens because singing while dancing, something that idols do, requires a lot of stamina to perform. But stamina does not equal vocal technique, some idols can be not very good at singing while dancing but have a lot of techniques when it comes to singing only.
i meant from looking at clips where they're singing while standing still (like when the song has no choreo), but yeah singing while dancing can certainly make it look like you're a worse singer than you are

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Hm… Idk how to say this without it being seen as an attack. It’s not an attack, it comes from a place of love considering the fact I’m talking about my ult group here.

Itzy aren’t as loved as they used to be, and JYP is going to have to work hard if they want to get them back up. Itzy got 21 music show wins in 2019, 13 in 2020 and 8 in 2021. So far they only have 3 this year. The number drops every year, and it seems less people care about the fact they’re from JYP and only tune in if they like them. When ITZY debuted, they were a fresh new girl group, from a big3 company and were one of the main marking points that 4th gen had begun. Now, they’re competing against so many other big names, like aespa, IVE, NewJeans, LeSserafim, STAYC. YG also needs to debut a 4th gen girl group soon. Itzy are still at the top of their game at the moment, but if JYP doesn’t find a way to keep the audience’s attention on them people are going to move onto other groups.

The problem is with ITZY, is they’ve sort of been caught in the middle of TWICE, NMIXX and NiziU. TWICE is handling mature concepts, NNIXX appears to be doing girl crush though I suppose DICE will solidify that, and NiziU while a Japanese group is hammering down on cute concepts. So ITZY’s only choice is the bright and energetic concept they’ve gone for. I personally think ITZY would suit a girl crush concept better, after all they started with teen crush but none of them are teens anymore. They fit the concept of Mafia and Voltage so well. I’m not saying they shouldn’t do bright, I mean Loco was a girl crush concept ig but wasn’t a dark one it was a bright girl crush if you get what I mean. I think JYP should play on their strengths because everyone lost their mind at MAMA with their circus stage, and then everyone was HYPED for the royal concept. I also think tiktok is sabotaging ITZY. Groups these days make choreos specifically for them to go viral. Loco and Sneakers both suffer from this imo. Dalla Dalla, Icy and Wannabe were good because they were good choreos. They were addicting AND they showed off ITZY’s strength. Not Shy was also an amazing choreo even if it was mostly known for its ITZAYYYYs (which were iconic). And Mafia too, I don’t think Mafia fell victim to the tiktok curse coz it had so many quick small movements that are really hard to perfect.

Maybe this is the direction ITZY themselves want to take. I personally love their 6 first title tracks and Sneakers is fine too. I’m still supporting them, and they still have loads of midzys behind them. Itzy will never be a small group, but when I see all these fandoms starting to call other groups “the 4th gen leaders” (even though that title is stupid), I can’t blame them for saying it, because these new groups are catching up now. Itzy may have gotten a head start but if JYP don’t step their game up, they might get lost in a sea of big names.

Almost every bside on checkmate got better reception than Sneakers, and all of them had a more girl crush vibe to them. Yeji even said she thought Racer would’ve been a good title track. I’ve seen people saying What I Want would’ve been a good title track. Even though I didn’t like any of the 4 bsides (Domino was a fan song so I’m excluding it from the “girl crush bsides” list), people seem to want badass ITZY SO JYP LISTEN AND NEXT KOREAN COMEBACK GIVE BADASS ITZY!!!

saucetae

Kpop Fan
Website
urmanshouse.com
Credits
Shoko Nishimiya
Jiyoon
Kim Dayeon
Rei
If you take time out of your day to make hateful or aggressive TikToks/posts about groups you don't like, you're weird. If it's not for a good reason and if you're not sharing valuable information to help educate others, stop. Telling people to take their lives and threatening to call people homophobic/racist slurs makes you just as bad as the idol you dislike.

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
Hm… Idk how to say this without it being seen as an attack. It’s not an attack, it comes from a place of love considering the fact I’m talking about my ult group here.

Itzy aren’t as loved as they used to be, and JYP is going to have to work hard if they want to get them back up. Itzy got 21 music show wins in 2019, 13 in 2020 and 8 in 2021. So far they only have 3 this year. The number drops every year, and it seems less people care about the fact they’re from JYP and only tune in if they like them. When ITZY debuted, they were a fresh new girl group, from a big3 company and were one of the main marking points that 4th gen had begun. Now, they’re competing against so many other big names, like aespa, IVE, NewJeans, LeSserafim, STAYC. YG also needs to debut a 4th gen girl group soon. Itzy are still at the top of their game at the moment, but if JYP doesn’t find a way to keep the audience’s attention on them people are going to move onto other groups.

The problem is with ITZY, is they’ve sort of been caught in the middle of TWICE, NMIXX and NiziU. TWICE is handling mature concepts, NNIXX appears to be doing girl crush though I suppose DICE will solidify that, and NiziU while a Japanese group is hammering down on cute concepts. So ITZY’s only choice is the bright and energetic concept they’ve gone for. I personally think ITZY would suit a girl crush concept better, after all they started with teen crush but none of them are teens anymore. They fit the concept of Mafia and Voltage so well. I’m not saying they shouldn’t do bright, I mean Loco was a girl crush concept ig but wasn’t a dark one it was a bright girl crush if you get what I mean. I think JYP should play on their strengths because everyone lost their mind at MAMA with their circus stage, and then everyone was HYPED for the royal concept. I also think tiktok is sabotaging ITZY. Groups these days make choreos specifically for them to go viral. Loco and Sneakers both suffer from this imo. Dalla Dalla, Icy and Wannabe were good because they were good choreos. They were addicting AND they showed off ITZY’s strength. Not Shy was also an amazing choreo even if it was mostly known for its ITZAYYYYs (which were iconic). And Mafia too, I don’t think Mafia fell victim to the tiktok curse coz it had so many quick small movements that are really hard to perfect.

Maybe this is the direction ITZY themselves want to take. I personally love their 6 first title tracks and Sneakers is fine too. I’m still supporting them, and they still have loads of midzys behind them. Itzy will never be a small group, but when I see all these fandoms starting to call other groups “the 4th gen leaders” (even though that title is stupid), I can’t blame them for saying it, because these new groups are catching up now. Itzy may have gotten a head start but if JYP don’t step their game up, they might get lost in a sea of big names.

Almost every bside on checkmate got better reception than Sneakers, and all of them had a more girl crush vibe to them. Yeji even said she thought Racer would’ve been a good title track. I’ve seen people saying What I Want would’ve been a good title track. Even though I didn’t like any of the 4 bsides (Domino was a fan song so I’m excluding it from the “girl crush bsides” list), people seem to want badass ITZY SO JYP LISTEN AND NEXT KOREAN COMEBACK GIVE BADASS ITZY!!!
I was honestly so disappointed when Sneakers came out. I absolutely love the Royalty concept, and I was really hoping for something more mature/girl crush-esque. I kind of like the song now, it's not too bad, but it was just so lackluster to me...

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
Lily from NMIXX is a good vocalist... But not great.
Full disclosure, this comes from someone who has been a vocalist for five years, and does a variety of genres (Jazz, classical, pop, etc). Lily has an amazing voice, and that indeed makes a good vocalist. But to be great, there are so many other factors at play. You also have to be able to change the style of your voice to what genre you're singing in- A tone great for jazz will not usually work for classical, and a pop-esque tone will not usually work for opera. So far, I have only heard Lily using one aspect of her vocal color. This is not to say she does not have any others, but I have not heard them. While I was impressed with the quality of her voice when I first heard her, her style so far is very linear and, to me, lackluster.

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
Lily from NMIXX is a good vocalist... But not great.
Full disclosure, this comes from someone who has been a vocalist for five years, and does a variety of genres (Jazz, classical, pop, etc). Lily has an amazing voice, and that indeed makes a good vocalist. But to be great, there are so many other factors at play. You also have to be able to change the style of your voice to what genre you're singing in- A tone great for jazz will not usually work for classical, and a pop-esque tone will not usually work for opera. So far, I have only heard Lily using one aspect of her vocal color. This is not to say she does not have any others, but I have not heard them. While I was impressed with the quality of her voice when I first heard her, her style so far is very linear and, to me, lackluster.
I am a vocalist too, and the reason why I think Lily is a great vocalist (but not enough to be the best of 4th gen) is because she has stability, and a flexible voice. When I say flexible voice, I don't mean various vocal techniques and colors, but more like the ability to jump various tones.

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
I am a vocalist too, and the reason why I think Lily is a great vocalist (but not enough to be the best of 4th gen) is because she has stability, and a flexible voice. When I say flexible voice, I don't mean various vocal techniques and colors, but more like the ability to jump various tones.
But see, if we're talking about stable voices, Liz from IVE also has amazing stability, simply due to her training style (she used to run while singing, which helped)

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam

jyp did say that itzy's next title track is his favorite, so i'm rly rly rly hoping it will be more girl crush like you said. idc if girl crush is "overdone," itzy should do girl crush bc a) they all suit it, and b) not that many grps are doing girl crush anymore. i wouldn't even call nmixx girl crush, not rly. aespa isn't quite girl crush, and neither is le sserafim. but newjeans, stayc, ive, and billlie certainly aren't doing girl crush. if itzy would stick to girl crush and do it well, then they would be doing a lot better. also, teen crush could still work for them even if they aren't teens, bc it could just be more mature than teen crush, but not mature enough to be girl crush (for example, weki meki's crush, dazzle dazzle, oopsy, picky picky - all amazing songs w a teen crush concept, yet none of the members were teens)

chaerifyyy

Band Manager
Website
redqueen2000.carrd.co
Credits
Dipsy
Christmas Lollipop
Apple White
Briar Beauty
random kpop unpopular opinions
  • aespa’s is lore is good but it’s so long that it would just be better as a TV series than a storyline for a k-pop group
  • At this point just give SM a movie to explain the entirety of KWANGYA
  • Red Velvet’s Peek-A-Boo MV will forever remain iconic
  • ITZY will still continue to be popular cause I just think they;ve fallen under the radar due to new groups debuting
  • The 4th generation of k-pop will last VERY LONG
  • Pink Venom by BLACKPINk had potential but it was ruined by the chorus
  • I have a feeling that XG’s popularity will die down
  • We need more horror concepts
  • SKZ has potential to be as big as BTS
  • Wendy (RV) is a vocal goddess
  • Some idols need to stop promoting their unhealthy diets.
  • It’s okay to think two idols look cute together but obsessively shipping them is just wrong
  • WJSN’s queendom win was well deserved

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
jyp did say that itzy's next title track is his favorite, so i'm rly rly rly hoping it will be more girl crush like you said. idc if girl crush is "overdone," itzy should do girl crush bc a) they all suit it, and b) not that many grps are doing girl crush anymore. i wouldn't even call nmixx girl crush, not rly. aespa isn't quite girl crush, and neither is le sserafim. but newjeans, stayc, ive, and billlie certainly aren't doing girl crush. if itzy would stick to girl crush and do it well, then they would be doing a lot better. also, teen crush could still work for them even if they aren't teens, bc it could just be more mature than teen crush, but not mature enough to be girl crush (for example, weki meki's crush, dazzle dazzle, oopsy, picky picky - all amazing songs w a teen crush concept, yet none of the members were teens)
Yeaaah. Also JYP just needs to stop clowning. I think they were onto something with the Guess Who album. I can’t remember which YouTuber it was but they said Sneakers felt like a back track because they were moving in a more mature direction and then suddenly went skrt back to what they were doing in 2019. But like, Sneakers wasn’t that positively received outside of midzys. Like I said if they’re doing what they want that’s like what matters, but if they want to stay on top of 4th gen they gotta think what the fans want. They should either continue doing what they did for Guess Who and the bsides of Checkmate (even if I personally didn’t like them other people did!), or do the Loco concept which was still bright and fun but a bit more intense than their other bright songs