҉  Official Unpopular Kpop Opinions Thread ҉ 

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
YUNA LITERALLY SLAYED THE BLONDE HAIR
and unrelated but i love ur new sig and pfp
Thank you! I wanted the two images to be a little 🖤 edgy 🥀 but it was hard to find matching stuff so it ended up like this but I think it’s cute

chaerifyyy

Band Manager
Website
redqueen2000.carrd.co
Credits
Dipsy
Christmas Lollipop
Apple White
Briar Beauty
SM doesn't make clones they just choose a lot of idols that fit the kbs (korean beauty standards) and it also might be because the plastic surgeons there use the same technique or smth.
and most sm idols fit the kbs so it must be why they all look so similiar

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
SM doesn't make clones they just choose a lot of idols that fit the kbs (korean beauty standards) and it also might be because the plastic surgeons there use the same technique or smth.
and most sm idols fit the kbs so it must be why they all look so similiar
I seriously don’t understand stans who believe conspiracy theories like these… same with the “seven year curse”. Like… it’s literally just contract length it’s not that deep

chaerifyyy

Band Manager
Website
redqueen2000.carrd.co
Credits
Dipsy
Christmas Lollipop
Apple White
Briar Beauty
I seriously don’t understand stans who believe conspiracy theories like these… same with the “seven year curse”. Like… it’s literally just contract length it’s not that deep
yea when i first heard of the 7 year curse i thought it was smth rlly creepy but its just contract...
but i can see why they call it that bc a lot of fans fear of their fav kpop group disbands

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
yea when i first heard of the 7 year curse i thought it was smth rlly creepy but its just contract...
but i can see why they call it that bc a lot of fans fear of their fav kpop group disbands
i didn't know ppl made that creepy or conspiracy theory-y until just now lol. when i heard of it, i was like, huh. i wonder why that is? and when i found out it was just the typical contract length, i never thought it was weird lol.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
@shinnayu 's signature reminded me, but ryujin mouthing "i'm scared" gives me the chills. and now i need her in a kdrama - more specifically, i need her to play the morally grey villain you can't help but love
I’m pretty sure she did have an acting role once. Though I’ll have to put a severe trigger warning due to its content
from what I can tell she was a school girl who was being interviewed by the police. I believe she was a victim of SA and was explaining her experience. IT HAD ME IN TEARS. The fear and distress in her voice. Idk what show/film it was or what else happened but I saw that clip and I was like damn Ryujin truly ace

Anyways I should probably stop fangirling over ITZY in the unpopular opinions thread

chaerifyyy

Band Manager
Website
redqueen2000.carrd.co
Credits
Dipsy
Christmas Lollipop
Apple White
Briar Beauty
I’m pretty sure she did have an acting role once. Though I’ll have to put a severe trigger warning due to its content
from what I can tell she was a school girl who was being interviewed by the police. I believe she was a victim of SA and was explaining her experience. IT HAD ME IN TEARS. The fear and distress in her voice. Idk what show/film it was or what else happened but I saw that clip and I was like damn Ryujin truly ace

Anyways I should probably stop fangirling over ITZY in the unpopular opinions thread
I saw that scene I was literally crying too I think the movie is called The King

chaerifyyy

Band Manager
Website
redqueen2000.carrd.co
Credits
Dipsy
Christmas Lollipop
Apple White
Briar Beauty
I feel like SM has the worst scandles in K-pop. People committing sewer slide, misogyny, racists, appropriation, the list goes on.
I would probably disagree even though SM has a lot of horrible scandals I think that YG might be even worse considering the Burning Sun scandal. Even though that is just one scandal it includes everything that is basically illegal. It includes rape, sexual assualt, police brutality, gambling, etc.

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
using “jyp made a whole song abt women's butts!1!!” (who’s your mama ft jessi) as an example of how creepy he is is dumb. i’m not saying he isn’t creepy, bc he is, but that’s a poor example. tons of western artists make songs abt women’s butts and far more vulgar things, yet no one calls them a creep. also, he made that song as a way to mock/criticize the west’s obsession w having a fat ass. and it kinda slaps-
Same, and the worst is that he actually did very creepy things but a LOT of kpop fans I know have an image of JYP as a cool sexy guy because his scandals are not covered.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
I feel like a lot of what I've been posting recently is negative whoops. I hope this doesn't come off as negative still. Tis more just an observation in my eyes.

A lot of people complain about Western Media using Kpop for clout. Examples being talk shows bringing in guests such as BTS or BLACKPINK. Western singers collaborating with Kpop singers. People get upset because she's people "don't actually care" about Kpop or are only doing it for fame. But to that I simply say. Ok then. LMAO.

That's just how the music industry and tbh the entire entertainment industry works.
Ofc interviewers are going to want to interview popular celebrities. That's how they clicks
Ofc singers are going to want to have fts of some big artists. That's how they get streams.
Let's put it in the perspective of making a movie. The best person for the role isn't necessarily going to get it if someone else HUGE has auditioned for the same role (not always, but I'm sure sometimes actors are selected based on what attention they'll bring for a movie).

Also this same thing would also literally happen in Korea. PSY brought on a BTS member (I'm sorry I can't remember who) for his latest song. Pretty sure it was openly business decision. Don't think I saw anyone complain about that. Literally just how the industry works. Sometimes there will be genuine respect between the two but a lot of time it's just for the best profits.

Elphelt_ᴠᴀʟᴇɴᴛɪɴᴇ

Trail of Tears
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Website
shes-dreamin.carrd.co
Credits
Belle
Ezrael
Teolaegi
✧ Creamy Chanyeol ✧
I really hate when a Kpop idol disrespects a religion people who aren't of that religion act out

When sunghoon wore a necklace with Allah's name on it, a whole bunch of NON Muslims jumped on him, now I personally didn't have a problem with it but people need to learn when to stop and let certain people handle things

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
I really hate when a Kpop idol disrespects a religion people who aren't of that religion act out

When sunghoon wore a necklace with Allah's name on it, a whole bunch of NON Muslims jumped on him, now I personally didn't have a problem with it but people need to learn when to stop and let certain people handle things
I don't like that but don't hate that either. I am atheist, but I grew up in a catholic environment. As I scrolled on social media, I started to notice that crosses were used for aesthetic reasons. I didn't care at the beggining, but when I got into kpop, seeing crosses used for aesthetic purposes was really common. I am not christian in any way, but I know that if my christian friends saw how common is this they wouldn't be very happy.