҉  Official Unpopular Kpop Opinions Thread ҉ 

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

saucetae

Kpop Fan
Website
urmanshouse.com
Credits
Shoko Nishimiya
Jiyoon
Kim Dayeon
Rei
All these bullying allegations are coming out surrounding idols. It makes me think idols really aren't as nice as they stage themselves to be. How can you get any kind of pleasure from making someone feel like shit? Lmk. Genuine fucking question. Then go and sing songs about harmony and throw up peace signs like that's what you're about. psh, yea right.

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
All these bullying allegations are coming out surrounding idols. It makes me think idols really aren't as nice as they stage themselves to be. How can you get any kind of pleasure from making someone feel like shit? Lmk. Genuine fucking question. Then go and sing songs about harmony and throw up peace signs like that's what you're about. psh, yea right.
ofc they're not as nice as they stage themselves to be /nm
but most bullying allegations are old, so idrc, if i'm being honest. and some are false, anyways; like hyunjin of skz or soojin, formerly of (g)i-dle. both were proven false

saucetae

Kpop Fan
Website
urmanshouse.com
Credits
Shoko Nishimiya
Jiyoon
Kim Dayeon
Rei
ofc they're not as nice as they stage themselves to be /nm
but most bullying allegations are old, so idrc, if i'm being honest. and some are false, anyways; like hyunjin of skz or soojin, formerly of (g)i-dle. both were proven false
But still, there have been many real ones lately, and it's sicking. Like Garam and Joohyuk. As someone who has been bullied, I don't tolerate it at all. Companies need to do background checks and get comfortable kicking people from groups. Stop just picking rando's off the street, please.

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
But still, there have been many real ones lately, and it's sicking. Like Garam and Joohyuk. As someone who has been bullied, I don't tolerate it at all. Companies need to do background checks and get comfortable kicking people from groups. Stop just picking rando's off the street, please.
i don't think background checks would be a good idea. in theory, yes; but in practicality, no. and even for the true bullying scandals, most of the bullying occurred several years ago, and ppl change, so unless they're currently being a bully, i don't think it matters. i've been bullied too, pretty severely, and that's just my perspective

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
I disagree. With how Korea is, it would have been hard otherwise for her to be successful if she was non-binary or trans, just look at all the Korean trans artists so far. Consider Harisu and the all-transgender group Lady. She would be forced to hide her identity. /lh /g
ik this is super old and not super related to what i'm abt to say, but i figured you'd be interested. there's a nonbinary soloist (they might also be transmasc, i'm not completely sure), but their name is haeri and they use he/they pronouns! here's his profile

saucetae

Kpop Fan
Website
urmanshouse.com
Credits
Shoko Nishimiya
Jiyoon
Kim Dayeon
Rei
i don't think background checks would be a good idea. in theory, yes; but in practicality, no. and even for the true bullying scandals, most of the bullying occurred several years ago, and ppl change, so unless they're currently being a bully, i don't think it matters. i've been bullied too, pretty severely, and that's just my perspective
I agree, yes the bullying could have taken place a long time ago. But, If you have in your life thought it would be ok or acceptable to personally attack, physical or mentally harm someone, I don't you should be an idol unless you've been punished and haven't had any problems since. The proper precautions should be taken and that's why I think a background check is necessary. It gives context surrounding the situation. In Garam case, she obviously hasn't grown at all (judging by the snarky ass comment she made on Sakura's nose) and there for she shouldn't be an idol.

chaerifyyy

Band Manager
Website
redqueen2000.carrd.co
Credits
Dipsy
Christmas Lollipop
Apple White
Briar Beauty
The way most kpop companies handle bullying scandals make me feel like the management team there aren't professionals and just random ppl picked off from the street. For example the way they handled the soojin situation they made SOOJIN respond herself no idol should be to the point having to respond on their own the company is the one who should be making a statement.

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
I agree, yes the bullying could have taken place a long time ago. But, If you have in your life thought it would be ok or acceptable to personally attack, physical or mentally harm someone, I don't you should be an idol unless you've been punished and haven't had any problems since. The proper precautions should be taken and that's why I think a background check is necessary. It gives context surrounding the situation. In Garam case, she obviously hasn't grown at all (judging by the snarky ass comment she made on Sakura's nose) and there for she shouldn't be an idol.
i agree that there should be signs of growth. as for garam's comments, i have no idea, i don't keep up w them like that

chaerifyyy

Band Manager
Website
redqueen2000.carrd.co
Credits
Dipsy
Christmas Lollipop
Apple White
Briar Beauty
Personally I think even if the person changes they still need to face consequences of their actions. Even if she was a minor I'm pretty sure garam had the common sense of knowing what she was doing. While they might have changed their actions and trauma they caused haven't.

saucetae

Kpop Fan
Website
urmanshouse.com
Credits
Shoko Nishimiya
Jiyoon
Kim Dayeon
Rei
Personally I think even if the person changes they still need to face consequences of their actions. Even if she was a minor I'm pretty sure garam had the common sense of knowing what she was doing. While they might have changed their actions and trauma they caused haven't.
PREACH!

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
ofc! i didn't mean that they shouldn't face consequences, just that if they've changed, the consequences shouldn't be so severe (and if they've already been disciplined, there shouldn't be one at all, besides natural the consequences of ppl finding out). also, way too many ppl are eager to "punish" somebody whose life doesn't even rly affect them (like w so many stans taking to the internet to basically bully garam after finding out she herself has been a bully)

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
Wait what?? What did she say about Sakuras nose?

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
(judging by the snarky ass comment she made on Sakura's nose) and there for she shouldn't be an idol.
I saw a video that said the comment she made was out of context while they were playing a game and petty people turned it into evidence against her.

I’m not “defending” her but misinformation like this is still wrong. Unless the video was also wrong then please correct me

saucetae

Kpop Fan
Website
urmanshouse.com
Credits
Shoko Nishimiya
Jiyoon
Kim Dayeon
Rei
I saw a video that said the comment she made was out of context while they were playing a game and petty people turned it into evidence against her.

I’m not “defending” her but misinformation like this is still wrong. Unless the video was also wrong then please correct me
now girl-
imagine someone making fun of your appearance and then laughing in your face 😐
it's not petty or evidence, it's rude. I linked the video ^ if you wanna see it.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
now girl-
imagine someone making fun of your appearance and then laughing in your face 😐
it's not petty or evidence, it's rude. I linked the video ^ if you wanna see it.
They were playing a game though. Every member had to make comments about each other. The game was you had to keep a straight face. Garam laughed because of Sakura's monotone voice when she thanked her for the comment. Every member laughed at each other. Every member made comments about each other. People only care about Garam's because of her accusations

And maybe I am in fact wrong. But the fact videos exist on both sides of the argument shows that this is clearly not enough evidence to prove she's a bully towards her group members. If both sides can take things out of context, it's not good proof. I'm not defending Garam, I'm just pointing out Kpop fans are amazing at twisting naratives.

God coz I’m really paranoid about the way this is coming off I just want to keep clarifying stuff.
1. I don’t think Garam is an innocent person. Her accusations are some of the most believable and my heart aches for the victims who are clearly suffering from this regardless of what happened
2. I want Garam out of Le Sserafim. For the sake of the 5 member’s reputations, the victims and because Garam’s life has been screwed over no matter what happens from here, innocent or not
3. I’m only pointing this out because no kpop stan truly knows what happened between Garam and the victims, what Garam is genuinely like as a person, and in this specific situation how Sakura felt. I refuse to make assumptions on people I do not know personally. Maybe Sakura was genuinely hurt by that comment in which case that’s horrible. But I don’t know Sakura so I have to just see things based on how they happened

Last edited: