҉  Official Popular/Unpopular Kpop Opinions Thread ҉ 

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

chaerifyyy

Band Manager
Website
redqueen2000.carrd.co
Credits
Dipsy
Christmas Lollipop
Apple White
Briar Beauty
yunjin is not "changing" the idol industry
it's just favoritism, the same people who praise her are the same people who shamed sulli for speaking against the idol industry
(btw this is not hate towards yunjin at all just smth i'd like to point out)

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Groups can be overrated.

I see a lot of people say that artists cannot be overrated because they worked hard to get to where they are and people should respect their achievements no matter what. And like, I do agree with this sentiment to a certain extent. Because ofc when someone has trained as hard as Kpop idols have trained they do deserve to have it pay off for them.

Butttt I feel like the whole “artists can’t be overrated” thing is a little bit to do with people not being able to handle opinions. You can respect that someone has worked hard to get to where they are and also not understand why they’re successful.
There are many big groups in Kpop and I’m like yooo good for you but at the same time I’m like how are THEY the group that got big. We’re all gonna have groups that we like and don’t like, and it’s just going to happen some of the bigger groups are the ones we don’t like. There’s nothing wrong with thinking “I disagree with people thinking they’re all that”.

I think the issue is that overrated doesn’t feel like a true antonym of underrated. When you think of an underrated group it’s more because you think they’re not achieving success they deserve, so a true antonym of that is achieving success they don’t deserve. To me, being overrated is nothing to do with what is “deserved” but more just thinking this group’s music is so mid I don’t get how everyone else seems to like it 💀

pomegranctezen

Kpop Stan
Website
pomegranctzen.carrd.co
Credits
Spinning Hearts
Dancing Duck
Moonbin
Groups can be overrated.

I see a lot of people say that artists cannot be overrated because they worked hard to get to where they are and people should respect their achievements no matter what. And like, I do agree with this sentiment to a certain extent. Because ofc when someone has trained as hard as Kpop idols have trained they do deserve to have it pay off for them.

Butttt I feel like the whole “artists can’t be overrated” thing is a little bit to do with people not being able to handle opinions. You can respect that someone has worked hard to get to where they are and also not understand why they’re successful.
There are many big groups in Kpop and I’m like yooo good for you but at the same time I’m like how are THEY the group that got big. We’re all gonna have groups that we like and don’t like, and it’s just going to happen some of the bigger groups are the ones we don’t like. There’s nothing wrong with thinking “I disagree with people thinking they’re all that”.

I think the issue is that overrated doesn’t feel like a true antonym of underrated. When you think of an underrated group it’s more because you think they’re not achieving success they deserve, so a true antonym of that is achieving success they don’t deserve. To me, being overrated is nothing to do with what is “deserved” but more just thinking this group’s music is so mid I don’t get how everyone else seems to like it 💀
girl fr
like cmon nn

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
I see a lot of Kpop stans who got into Kpop in 2021 or after say they can’t imagine idols like Sakura, Chaewon, Yena, Wonyoung, Yujin etc in a group together and a lot of WIZ*ONE are like, I mean obviously, a bit upset by this coz they miss the group.

HOWEVER. I’m gonna one up this. I watched 2 years of IZ*ONE being a group together. Watched the releases of Fiesta, SSOTS (listening to it rn LOL) and Panorama. I found it hard to imagine them re-debuting. Now though? Even I still think it’s weird to think of them all being in the same group. Like I’m so used to seeing the Lesserafim members with Kazuha, Eunchae and Yunjin, or the IVE members with Liz, Rei, Gaeul and Leeseo. I can’t imagine Yuri, Eunbi, Yena and Chaeyeon in groups like they’re soloists to me now 😭 Like i find it so weird watching old IZ*ONE mvs and seeing them all together 💀

iiserene

Website
open.spotify.com
Credits
Yunjin
Cute Elephant
Never-Bong
✧ Happy Jeongin ✧
I see a lot of Kpop stans who got into Kpop in 2021 or after say they can’t imagine idols like Sakura, Chaewon, Yena, Wonyoung, Yujin etc in a group together and a lot of WIZ*ONE are like, I mean obviously, a bit upset by this coz they miss the group.

HOWEVER. I’m gonna one up this. I watched 2 years of IZ*ONE being a group together. Watched the releases of Fiesta, SSOTS (listening to it rn LOL) and Panorama. I found it hard to imagine them re-debuting. Now though? Even I still think it’s weird to think of them all being in the same group. Like I’m so used to seeing the Lesserafim members with Kazuha, Eunchae and Yunjin, or the IVE members with Liz, Rei, Gaeul and Leeseo. I can’t imagine Yuri, Eunbi, Yena and Chaeyeon in groups like they’re soloists to me now 😭 Like i find it so weird watching old IZ*ONE mvs and seeing them all together 💀
omg same- like I just recently was watching the mv to Fiesta and was like- “wAiT wOnYoUnG aNd EuNcHaE aRe iN DiFfErEnT gRoUpS” and then I remembered that almost all of the IZ*ONE members are doing smth different now and it was so confusing to watch the old IZ*ONE mvs

prettywonyoung

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Genderqueer
Big Bird
Growing Heart
I Have-Bong/gie
Sneakers is one of the best ITZY songs
English songs are not that bad and can be good
if you stan AESPA or EVERGLOW you can't complain on how long it takes BLACKPINK to comeback

prettywonyoung

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Genderqueer
Big Bird
Growing Heart
I Have-Bong/gie
NCT 127 members are not close they care about each other but tbh they are no more than co workers
let Wonyoung breathe if her dress was one inch longer than the other members she is now the companys favorite
if a group does not come from the big 3 it does not mean it is underrated
a maknae does not need to act like the youngest
IU is not problomatic I have heard so many people say she is
ASTRO might disband

Last edited:

iiserene

Website
open.spotify.com
Credits
Yunjin
Cute Elephant
Never-Bong
✧ Happy Jeongin ✧
Just because a song is trending doesn’t make it basic.
Its not always the idols fault.
Stop blaming the groups for their lack in comebacks- they don’t get to choose when they have a comeback so it isn’t their fault.
Superboard >>>>>> Case 143
People in the K-pop industry don’t understand the difference between a joke and hating.
Some BTS solos are gonna do better than others and fans just need to accept that
No, we are not coming “close to 5th gen”

izyun

nana's yapper 🗣😻
Author
you are the light ive been searchin for forever 💗
Website
sullislove.carrd.co
Credits
✧ Byul ✧
✧ Lily ✧
✧ Sulli ✧
aespa is better off being just a vocal group, sometimes yes their raps are good or decent but its not all the time. im not saying theyre rapping isnt good bc it is, its just that to me it doesnt fit all of their songs, like spicy, spicy doesnt really need hard raps or anything, to me it sounds better with more vocal and a few raps here and there and that goes for all of their songs tbh. i just imagine aespa as a vocal based group much better than mostly rap based

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
So idk whether this is unpopular or popular because I’ve seen very mixed discussions on this in general but never about this specific and I originally had an entire essay not joking about my opinion but I’m going to condense it down:

I think Kpop generations are going to start getting shorter:
1. The reason why 1st gen was so long is because it was still establishing itself
2. Same with 2nd gen though it was slightly shorter because it had found its footing
3. Third gen was a lot shorter because technology had advanced significantly and kpop groups are becoming properly global such as BTS and Blackpink
4. 4th gen is a mess simply because online culture is a mess too. Our attention spans are so short that we constantly need something new to stimulate us. That’s why within one generation we’ve seen 3 very short lived concepts: teen crush like ITZY, experimental like aespa and y2k like NewJeans
5. Compare 3rd gen girl groups to 4th gen girl groups: when you’re asked to name 3 3rd gen girl groups chances are either BP, TWICE, RV or all are going to be within there. Do the same for 4th gen girl groups?? There’s so many different options that could be in there
6. In conclusion, generations are going to become less stable and start losing that rigid shape of what makes them a generation, and are going to last a lot less time because our attention spans are so short that the music and structure of the industry will be constantly changing

Then again. I’m a random white girl in the UK. It’s the Korean media that has the power to dictate generations not me

Call_MeRover

𝕮𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖒𝖊 𝕽𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗.(𝕹𝖎𝖈𝖐𝖓𝖆𝖒𝖊)
Author
Website
kprofiles.com
Credits
#TWICE
Choco-Cream Ice Cream
Christmas Lollipop
People are always saying"
"Felix from stray kids is so cute"
or
"Han is so hot".
All Kpop idols are made into a version their company wants them to be.They aren't always theirselves.They have to play these roles so fans will admire and like them and listen to their music so the company will like them better.
Jungkook before BTS

Jungkook after debut

Nayeon before Twice

Nayeon After Twice

See? Idols are formed by the companies ideas of what each of their personalities.

Call_MeRover

𝕮𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖒𝖊 𝕽𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗.(𝕹𝖎𝖈𝖐𝖓𝖆𝖒𝖊)
Author
Website
kprofiles.com
Credits
#TWICE
Choco-Cream Ice Cream
Christmas Lollipop
I hate people who says shit like this.Felix is so hot.So-and-so is so hot.They were made to be an idol.
Get yo facts straight! Like if Felix or so-and-so didn't have the same company they were in would you still even know who Lee felix is or Han Jisung is?

chaechae.core

Band Manager
Website
mintchocochaechae.carrd.co
Credits
Growing Heart
Chaeyoung
Felix
Chaewon
I hate people who says shit like this.Felix is so hot.So-and-so is so hot.They were made to be an idol.
Get yo facts straight! Like if Felix or so-and-so didn't have the same company they were in would you still even know who Lee felix is or Han Jisung is?
Maybe I would, maybe i wouldn't.
But that wouldn't matter, people saying a certain of age idol is hot is not harming anybody and they are simply stating that they are good-looking.
Their looks are obviously gonna change a lot because they will learn a lot more about style and makeup due to the industry, and the fact that their faces are gonna mature.

but again ig it's your unpopular opinion so pop off ig 😭

Last edited:

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
I really hope Baemon's concept won't be teen crush, girl crush, or any mix of hiphop. It's so tired so boring and I am so sick of it (not hiphop, I love hiphop I just find kpop's version of it to be try hard and cringy. Also, most hiphop "concepts" are just an excuse to use Black culture as an aesthtic, so there's that aspect as well.) Seeing their predebut content, that seems to be the direction they're heading in so I already know Baemon won't be my style but I'd hope to at least be able to enjoy a song or two from them