Thoughts on BigHits and CJ E&M I-LAND Reality Show?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Credits
"I-LAND an observation reality show that follows the creation process of next-generation K-pop artists. The program will share the process of participants competing against and working with each other. The show was created by BigHit Entertainment‘s and CJ E&M Entertainment‘s joint company BELIF+ Lab. It also has Zico and Rain as mentors as well." (from I-LAND's K-profile)
Personally I'm not sure what to think so far. I didn't get the chance to finish the first episode, but I think the trainees are voting themselves as to who should be in the final line up?
I think there's no eliminations, but instead the bottom trainees are sent to the "ground", and if they're there they have zero chance of debuting so they want to stay out of the "ground"?
I already know that there are 12 people debuting.
Any thoughts about I-LAND so far?
ALSO UI SANG THE "THEME SONG" FOR I-LAND YOU HAVE NO CLUE HOW HAPPY I WAS TO LISTEN TO IT!

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
I don't like the fact that 1 employee and 1 contestant have already gotten injured on the show, in a way very similar to Wendy this year, but not as severe. Here's exactly what the source said:
"The stage on set was movable and so dangerously designed that even professionally trained dancers could have fallen and gotten injured. Concerns about safety were raised during the internal meetings, but they pushed ahead with it anyway. Three days prior to the recording, a staff member fell from the stage and bled, but no follow-up action is being taken. On the day of the filming, one of the trainees fractured his arm and was taken to the emergency room, so he couldn’t appear on the show at all."

Credits
I don't like the fact that 1 employee and 1 contestant have already gotten injured on the show, in a way very similar to Wendy this year, but not as severe. Here's exactly what the source said:
"The stage on set was movable and so dangerously designed that even professionally trained dancers could have fallen and gotten injured. Concerns about safety were raised during the internal meetings, but they pushed ahead with it anyway. Three days prior to the recording, a staff member fell from the stage and bled, but no follow-up action is being taken. On the day of the filming, one of the trainees fractured his arm and was taken to the emergency room, so he couldn’t appear on the show at all."
Yeah I saw some of the performance clips, and I'm wondering if they didn't tell the trainees that the stage moved. Some of the trainees seemed very surprised when the stage moved. It could also be that they told some of them to act surprised? But I'm thinking that might not be the case.
The one who covered Taemin's Danger, looked pretty surprised when the stage first moved when he stepped on it.

S

Spade Z Wolf

The trainees should have been given some kind of warning, or, they should've undergone a test run of sorts . The choreography that each trainee performed is that of the intermediate level, and not some basic moves that you can throw out casually. Do they expect the trainees to be trained in martial arts or ninjutsu? In dance, there is indeed a need for balance, however, the kind of balancing you would require for that kind of a moving stage, would only come with years of martial arts training, or if you were a professional dancer of the highest degree; and even then , there would be a chance you would fall.

Credits
The trainees should have been given some kind of warning, or, they should've undergone a test run of sorts . The choreography that each trainee performed is that of the intermediate level, and not some basic moves that you can throw out casually. Do they expect the trainees to be trained in martial arts or ninjutsu? In dance, there is indeed a need for balance, however, the kind of balancing you would require for that kind of a moving stage, would only come with years of martial arts training, or if you were a professional dancer of the highest degree; and even then , there would be a chance you would fall.

I agree. I personally have been dancing for over 14 years, and dancing on a moving stage is overly dangerous. There was a competition dance that I did 2 years ago that we had moving props, during the actual competition, one of the props malfunctioned, so it didn't stay in place while we were dancing. Luckily for us no one got injured, but one girl almost got her foot stuck. Even if you were trained in martial arts, you still could get very injured on a moving stage, a moving stage in general will always be an easy way for those who perform on it to get injured.
Any type of moving prop for a stage could be a risk for injury. I think that the way the stage was set up it was moving back and forwards, if someone was under that stage and they were running checkups on the movement, then the person could easily get injured, which might of happened with the staff.
Many times with stage props there are rules with the props. An example would be if the prop is too big to carry, wheels are usually attached to the prop to roll it around. If wheels had to be attached then when the prop was on stage it had to be flipped so the wheels wouldn't be touching the stage making it so the prop wouldn't roll.
Also if a trainee fell from that stage they could easily break an arm or leg. I feel like they could of added squish mats under the stage just to make if safer in case a trainee fell. Like the safety of the trainees should be more important than the worrying if the mats break the appeal of the stage.

Credits
I haven't watched much of it neither all I know about trainees is pretty much from their profile on the homesite and just got the chance to view some clips of the first episode on YouTube. The fact that there are 06' liners makes me feel like a granny 😭
I've read from comments that there will be 12 people debuting in the end and eliminations will only take place in the final episode since they'll be only switching ranks in previous episodes. Not 100% sure about it though. I'm also bit confused on how it's going to function.
I also wonder if they're going to be a permanent or temporary group. I hope they are a permanent one of course.
Yeah,
I just finished watching the second episode and I'm starting to get kinda annoyed by the way they're running the whole thing. It's not really meeting my expectations. A lot of the trainees are really young and because of that they don't seem to understand the point of this whole thing. It's like watching children fight. I might try to finish the show, but unless everyone in the top or debut group matures I probably wont stick with the debut group. I felt so bad for Heesung after watching the second episode.

Credits
MY UPDATE AFTER WATCHING EPISODE 2:

I just watched the second episode and I have to say, I'm starting to lose interest in this survival show. I feel like the age ranges was to big, as some of the younger ones are sorta immature. I'm pretty annoyed at everyone in the top group for pretty much ganging up on Heesung after he became the center. Idk if it's because I'm a dancer myself, but I saw no reason to gang up on him just because of the way he was teaching the dance.
He has the most stable vocals out of everyone when it comes to singing and dancing at the same time, or at least from I've heard from so far. I feel like the trainees were only looking at the best dancer and not someone who could dance and sing. It seemed like they only cared about the dancing and not singing, but like if I'm listening to their song in the car I'm not going to listen to it while watching their dancing, I'll be only listening to their vocals. Their vocals were pretty disappointing when actually listening to the dancing and performing version.

Credits
Oh no this isn't good I hope someone tells them off about it and not just keep the childish drama for more views. It's only episode 2 after all, I really hope they at least don't keep up with the same pattern until the end 😔 And I'll probably do the same with you when the group gets formed. Is there anywhere you watch full episodes with english subtitles available?

I've been watching it from VIKI, and sometimes other places if something is posted.
But yeah I personally feel like a lot of the younger ones on the show like Ni-ki are kinda immature. Even Taki the one Kiki voted out from the top groups seems more mature then Niki. Idk Niki just gave me the vibes that he was self centered during the second episode. He was upset when he didn't get the center position, then when he does get it because Heesung didn't want it he then gets upset when Rain points out his lacking vocals. He wasn't really a leader when trying to teach other either. Which I'm pretty sad about because I liked Niki from episode one, but the image he gave from Episode one has completely changed since ep 2.
I personally dance and I felt like with Heesung his method of teaching made sense considering the amount of time that they had. They still had to work on vocals and their vocals needed more help. When Youngbin gathered others to pretty much gang up on Heesung I felt like that was also pretty immature, like if you have an issue with someone you should talk to the person, not gather others and then all gang up on someone. Even when Heesung was by himself no one really cared about where he was. Only Seunghun?(I don't know his name) seemed to care where Heesung was, but the trainee he asked pretty much smiling when he answered him, like he was happy about Heesung being sad or something.
And their lack other teamwork or even trying to practice everything was pretty shown in the actual version of the Into the I-Land, it was pretty sad especially their vocals. Niki's vocals were pretty pitchy when danciing.
I'm also thinking this is what kinda of survival show it is, apparently there isn't any eliminations until the last episode, and they weren't kidding when they said it was going to be observational.
This is going to become a sad show unless the trainees learn to use teamwork and not just getting rid of ones when they feel threatened by a trainee. If this is how the show is going to be I might end up dropping it before the last episode...
And yeah it is the second episode, but if this doesn't change my interest in this will go away.

butterpuffs

Band Leader
Website
twitter.com
Credits
Minhyun
JR
Hyunjae
Juyeon
it feels like i watch some sci-fi movies because of the set, and tbh i just don't really like the fact that the trainees had to vote to another trainees, because it just doesn't make senses (for me), I'm afraid that some of those trainees voted out the others so they could feel safe or even enter the I-Land (not stay on Ground). anyway I haven't watch second and third episodes, so this is just my opinion after watching first episode.

Credits
it feels like i watch some sci-fi movies because of the set, and tbh i just don't really like the fact that the trainees had to vote to another trainees, because it just doesn't make senses (for me), I'm afraid that some of those trainees voted out the others so they could feel safe or even enter the I-Land (not stay on Ground). anyway I haven't watch second and third episodes, so this is just my opinion after watching first episode.
I feel like the second and third episodes get worse, also apparently I-Land is working with Mnet (I think) for voting, so this whole thing could turn into another voting scandal flop. Idk.
Yeah at first I though it could be a good idea to have the trainees vote themselves, but now its just into a who's better than who and who should I vote out so I don't feel threatened type of thing.
To me personally this whole thing is turning out to look pretty selfish for some people, it could also be evil editing but who knows🤷‍♀️.

butterpuffs

Band Leader
Website
twitter.com
Credits
Minhyun
JR
Hyunjae
Juyeon
I feel like the second and third episodes get worse, also apparently I-Land is working with Mnet (I think) for voting, so this whole thing could turn into another voting scandal flop. Idk.
Yeah at first I though it could be a good idea to have the trainees vote themselves, but now its just into a who's better than who and who should I vote out so I don't feel threatened type of thing.
To me personally this whole thing is turning out to look pretty selfish for some people, it could also be evil editing but who knows🤷‍♀️.
yes, that's why i don't really like the fact that trainees vote themselves. i'm afraid some of them being selfish to saving themselves or it looks like that because evil editing we don't really know about that for sure😩 and seriously the only survival show that doesn't flop is produce series but because of that rigging votes scandal, mnet probably won't make any produce series for the time being. and thank you for letting me know about second and third. i'll keep watching it even tho it's getting worse because of this curiosity side of mine🤣

moonlight

지유
Staff member
Credits
Cat Chasing A Heart
Cat Yawn
I haven't seen the show so I have no opinions

sunyyeol

Kpop Amateur
Credits
the last two episodes were by far my favorite!~ you see a lot of new sides to the trainees, some make them less or more favorable (seon and jay),, and the fact that 3 trainees were chosen by the ilanders and 3 by the producers made things a lot nicer. not gonna spoil on whos going to the ground ( ToT ) but i cried. i also didnt enjoy the beginning but it gets a lot better for me and its really realistic for me. because we all know people arent perfect and a lot of us has personality problems and this show highlights how normal these trainees are. overall i recommend whoever stopped watching to keep watching. OH AND THE GROUNDERS!! i love the attitudes of every single one of them (even rain says he favors them a bit more).. :)):fufufu:

http.yyanggii

𝐈 𝐠𝐨 𝐛𝐲𝐞 𝐛𝐲𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞
Author
Credits
The First
The Vision
Jacob
YangYang
I completly agree with that, i thought there would be more but there wasn't.. the one i'm trying to root for is taki. Idk why but i just really like his skillz and personality.
😭😭 So was I but then he got eliminated and I cried so hard 😭😭

Spicey_Kpoper

Kpop Fan
Website
www.youtube.com
Credits
Xiao Jun
Sunoo
Sanha
Yeosang
I kind of liked it, but the problem I had was with the voting and stuff. I've always hated how they are so slow with the elimination but geeeez. It was very interesting to see the conflict and how they handled it and stuff. I was kind of upset however due to all of the members being super talented but only 7 will make it, this feels like another YG Treasure Box. They have talent it's just I kind of wish they didn't make the show, but companies are starting to do more of it I guess. BUTTT YEAAA I-land's Heesung ya'lllllllllllllllllllllllll homeboy is cute cute whttttt