any korean food u recommend?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

PastelPetals

Kpop Rookie
Credits
Kimchi soup and kimchi ramen. Not everyone likes kimchi as it's a strong taste but I ended up really liking it so I would tell people to not be scared. I like to add cheese too kimchi ramen sometimes or anything else that is good for ramen (veggies, eggs, fish cake etc) for instant kimchi ramen I like nongshim they have multiple kinds of kimchi ramen including vegan kimchi ramen (I have tried and it tastes great!)

Foods you recommend?
SANGYEOPSAL SSAM μ‚Όκ²Ήμ‚΄ 쌈 : I really recommend sangyeopsal which Is technically just Korean pork belly, just make a quick ssam, (lettuce wrap) get a sangchu (lettuce) put some ssamjang (thick spicy Korean sauce mixed in doenjang sauce and gochujang sauce, often dipped in a cucumber pepper.) add a little bit of rice, add a sangyeopsal meat, and top it off with a piece of kimchi. Wrap the sangchu and put it in your mouth with the help of your chopsticks.
SAUSAGE TTEOK μ†Œμ‹œμ§€ λ–‘: I also really recommend sausage tteok, which isn't REALLY a Korean food I guess, but if you go to the streets of Hongdae and Myeongdong, you will see these things because Korean teenagers will go NUTS for this treat. What it is, its kind of like a gotchi (skewer) and theres just sausage and tteok (rice cake) in it, and glazed with honey, tteokbokki yangnyum (yangnyum = seasoning sauce) nuts, whatever you want!! Have this with a Milkis (Korean yogurt soda) or an original Chilsung Cider! (Technically Korean 7UP but more softer taste.)
CHEESE HOT DOG 치즈 핫도그: Again, not REALLY a Korean food, but it has a LOT of Korean Influence on it and you will see these Cheesy Hot Dogs at fast food places, at street food vendors, ETC! What this is, its technically just a corn dog, with cheese on the inside, melted or not, this treat is delicious! They will coat this treat with garlic butter, batter, and crunchy apple pieces! After they will dip this treat in batter one more time, and will lightly coat it in sugar, and you can eat it with the condiments of your choice! These snacks (except for the sangyeopsal ssam) are especially popular in the Myeongdong and Hongdae street food vendors, the village of teenagers! My mother os Korean, and my father is Japanese, so when I went to South Korea with my mom 2 years ago, I was shocked how the food was! There is way more delicious food, but here is only 3 so you know what to eat when you go to Korea!!!

moonlight

μ§€μœ 
Staff member
Credits
Cat Chasing A Heart
Cat Yawn
pfft I wouldn't know
But google images keeps me full so.....

so technically the first image is a sausage rice cake (sausaegi tteok), the second image is a cheese hot dog (cheejeu hat dageu) and the last one is a pork belly lettuce wrap (sangyeopsal ssam)

Attachments

• uvuu.png
    uvuu.png
    120.4 KB · Views: 0
  • cheesy.png
    cheesy.png
    101.4 KB · Views: 0
  • gui.png
    gui.png
    109.4 KB · Views: 0

mary joy manzanero

Kpop Rookie
Credits
Bulgogi (marinated beef barbecue)
A juicy, savory dish of grilled marinated beef, bulgogi is one of the most popular Korean meat dishes throughout the world, and was ranked as the 23rd most delicious food in the world according to CNN Travel’s reader’s poll in 2011. It is often grilled with garlic and sliced onions to add flavor to the meat. The meat is usually wrapped in lettuce and it is also traditionally eaten with ssamjang (a thick, red spicy paste).

Samgyeopsal (pork strips)
One of the most popular Korean dishes in South Korea, samgyeopsal consists of grilled slices of pork belly meat that are not marinated or seasoned. They are commonly dipped in seasoning made of salt and pepper mixed in sesame seed oil, and then wrapped in lettuce along with grilled slices of garlic, grilled slices of onion, shredded green onions, and kimchi. It is one of the most common dishes found in any Korean restaurant throughout the world.

Japchae (stir-fried noodles)
Often served as a side dish during lunch or dinner, japchae is a traditional Korean noodle dish made up of stir-fried sweet potato, thinly shredded vegetables, beef, and a hint of soy sauce and sugar. Depending on the chef, additional ingredients like mushrooms are added to the mix. Japchae is known for its sweet and flavorful taste and its soft yet slightly chewy texture.

Kimchi (fermented vegetables)
One of the oldest and probably the most essential dishes in Korean cuisine, kimchi is a spicy and sour dish made up of fermented vegetables. It is prepared with various kinds of ingredients, but the most common main ingredient is cabbage. Kimchi is popular among foreigners for its unique flavor, as well as its high nutritional value, fiber content and low calorie content. However, for Koreans, it is most popular due to its significant cultural value. Without kimchi, dinner is considered incomplete.

Bibimbap (mixed rice)
Bibimbap is essentially a bowl of mixed ingredients including, but not limited to, rice, namul (seasoned and sautΓ©ed vegetables), mushrooms, beef, soy sauce, gochujang (chili pepper paste), and a fried egg. The ingredients found in bibimbap vary by region, and the most famous versions of the dish are found in Jeonju, Tongyeong, and Jinju.

Samgyetang (ginseng chicken soup)
A common dish particularly during the summer, samgyetang is a traditional soup made of chicken, garlic, rice, scallion, Korean jujube, Korean ginseng, and spices. It is known to have a high nutritional value. Not only is it known for its healthy contents but it also is popular simply for its creamy and meaty flavor.

peltonia

Kpop Fan
Credits
MJ
Soobin
Juhaknyeon
Choerry
i looove tteokbokki n kimchijeon
the fish cake stuff in tteokbokki really varies though sometimes its super fishy which i dont like and sometimes it tastes like nothing lol
bibimbap is rly good too, korean style rice is really fluffy and greasy in my experience which i think is ideal

Brickerbrack

Kpop Expert
Credits
Dami
Handong
JiU
Siyeon
i looove tteokbokki n kimchijeon
the fish cake stuff in tteokbokki really varies though sometimes its super fishy which i dont like and sometimes it tastes like nothing lol
There's lots of ways you can have tteok, though. I make a nice sweet and spicy sauce out of chilli sauce, ginger and garlic paste, and brown sugar; it has lots of flavour and you can vary the proportions to suit what you like.
It's also really nice with black bean sauce.

ParkHereJimin

Kpop Stan
Norwood, OH or Kim Seok-Jin's private jet
Website
www.twitter.com
Credits
JinJin
Shinwon
MJ
Choerry
(note: I just had Korean for the very first time, so excuse any inaccuracies lol)

BUCKWHEAT NOODLES - yanno, the ones that are like Soba! I had some for lunch today with shrimp, and it was DELISH! (the restaurant just called them K-house noodles, so no idea what they're actually called lol)

Also Korean sushi - OMG TO DIE FOR!!!

aznmochibunny

Kpop Fan
Credits
Since a lot of people are recommending the more well known/popular stuff, I'm going to say tofu soup is really amazing. I have a local place that sells really amazing tofu soup in the clay pots, but it can easily be made at home.

Luna Ross

Kpop Amateur
Website
theexpertguides.com
Credits
Bulgogi: mildly sweet, savory, smoky, juicy, and tender delicious beef strips. here's the recipe.
Tuna Kimchi fried rice: If you are a beginner, you can prepare this yummy dish with a few ingredients for dinner. If you have kimchi, it only takes around 10 minutes to prepare.
Chapssaltteok: Korean mochi rice cake is the best Korean dessert. Some favorite flavors are green tea, strawberry, and chocolate.